Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Ravenous Hunger Monster

Advice needed. I can do DDs just fine for hours on just coffee. Then some time in the afternoon the hunger finally kicks in. I am ready with soups and cheese wedges etc as advised on these threads.

The problem I have is that I have to eat a LOT before the feeling goes away. I've tried leaving it half an hour after eating just a little amount but that hasn't worked so far. That uncomfortable feeling can even last through most of an UD.

It this just me or do others get this gnawing feeling? And what do you do about it?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I get that sometimes, and I'm pretty good at convincing myself it's all in my head. Some have noticed though that they do better if they don't save all their calories, but rather have 3 small meals throughout the day. You might want to try it and see if it helps at all.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Eat very, very slowly. On a DD it can take me up to half an hour to eat a yoghurt.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I had this problem yesterday. My DD ended up at 700 c, I was so hungry I was shaking. Not sure why. Most DD's are not like that but I do better if I spread the calories out throughout the day. I simply can't just fast most of the day.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #5
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
I completely lost it yesterday and wound up turning my DD into a UD. Mostly I've done fine on DD's, especially when I put off eating most of the day and then have a good salad and some protein. Yesterday just did me in, and I had to concede defeat. Ugh.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:23 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
I volumize my food! I eat large salad and a small piece of chicken, and chew very slowly. try to eat low cal foods that take a lot to chew, like celery. I too have experienced hunger especially on my ud. but I think its all in my head too! still new at this.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I can fast till lunch, but if I wait longer than that, I get too hungry and need way more food to fill up.

I say try spacing in three small meals and see if it helps.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
For me, broth (beef more than chicken) with a splash of vinegar and tabasco sauce kicks hunger pretty well. I've added a tablespoon or two of tomato sauce to that, too.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
For me, broth (beef more than chicken) with a splash of vinegar and tabasco sauce kicks hunger pretty well. I've added a tablespoon or two of tomato sauce to that, too.
I do this with a lil dash of gluc added and the "hungries" vaporize!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
It sounds like it might be a blood sugar issue with a couple of you, so the feeling of hunger is more a shaky uncomfortable feeling rather then an actual tummy growling feeling. In that case try eating more protein and less carbs on your DD. I know for me, often times carbs will trigger more "hunger". So the first thing I eat on a DD, no matter what time, is 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
Also , not to sound like a broken record,a splash of ACV in a tall glass of water helps in so many ways....
Quote:
The effect of vinegar on blood sugar levels is perhaps the best-researched and the most promising of apple cider vinegar's possible health benefits.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I eat a two whole egg omelette filled with 100gms of smoked turkey breast slices, 2TB of grated parmesan and whatever veggies I have: usually spinach, tomatoes and some chopped fresh herbs like basil and parsley. I then have some cals left over if I want and can add some grated cheddar and/or reduced fat cream cheese... Or more meat... It is very filling and like it was suggested by others, it helps to eat s l o w l y.... Drinking a glass of water before and after my meal helps as well.

I find lean protein with a little fat and lots of veggies fills me up the best, and this way I get good nutrients into my body as well. If I eat too many carbs I feel hungry within 5 minutes again.

It's a DD today and I'm having the following:

2 eggs (140 cals)
1 can of tuna in water (120 cals)
1 oz grated mature cheddar (100 cals)
2 TB parmesan cheese grated (42 cals)
2 TB fat free cream cheese (37 cals)
1 oz of reduced fat feta cheese (55 cals)

This is a total of 494 cals for the one meal, and I love cheese and this feeds my need for today! Really yummy all scrambled and melted in a pan!!! And very filling... and warm, which on a DD with my chills is a bonus! And I can still have my cheese and eat it! Today no veggies, I fancied some nice filling warming goo instead, LOL!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/

Last edited by Mimosa23; 05-03-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I try to do something that doesnt involve eating. If I start getting really hungry, I will go do my mile run, do the dishes, straighten up the house, play a card game on the pc. Something to get my mind off of it. I know once something hits my mouth, I am done!

I was having an issue with DD's and TOM. Today TOM is still here, but packing his bags, so I thought I would try this. I made myself a veggie tray and left it in my fridge. Every once in a while today, I will go in and grab something and it seems to be helping me. I just get a handful, no plate. I think the plate was mind over matter thinking I missed a meal. Where the handfuls are feeling like snacking and I dont feel like I missed a meal.....if that makes sense?!?!

I read an article in my magazine about a snack secret too! And it works! Cut cucumber slices and put on spices of cumin, chili powder and a little salt. It tastes like BBQ chips and that kinda helps me through DD's too.

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #13
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Tanya that sounds like a nice spice combo for cucumber slices!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Tanya that sounds like a nice spice combo for cucumber slices!
YUMM-O!! It is! I had to experiment to get the seasons just right. But it really does taste like BBQ chips!!!! After I made the perfect blend of seasonings, I put it in an old salt shaker and its good to go for now!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
I know this may not be a popular idea, but I have been looking at DD as "Cleanse days" where I have no expectation of eating food but look at it as an opportunity to juice/make green drinks and smoothies.

For me, and we are of course all individual, eating food only makes me want more. But if I am sipping a green drink throughout the day, I am getting tons of fiber and veggies and good stuff and these keep my hunger at bay. I add in protein powder and then at night, before bed, I eat something very light. Usually it's kelp noodles and more veggies. Sometimes I don't eat at all, just more green drink.

This gives your intestines a rest too, which is a great thing!

I also try and kick up the detox part of things by applying a castor oil pack, which kills hunger too and is very relaxing before bed (I have lots of sleep/anxiety issues at night)

Maybe it's worth a try?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #16

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
how do you feel about erythritol? personally, I believe it has no calories or carbs. it doesn't affect my blood sugar or digestion badly at all...

and eating too much of it actually makes me feel sick in just the same way eating too much sugar does. I think it has a remarkable effect on satiety.

if you make any of those little muffin type things, try a lot of erythritol/water glaze* on top. or just add some to hot liquid drinks. it can be difficult to dissolve it in liquid, so you may need to heat the drink longer than you would normally.

I would be interested in hearing if this helps any of you.

* to make the glaze, put powdered e in a plastic bag with just a few drops of water. massage it to dissolve. add more water to get the consistency you aim for, but it will be a lot less than you think, so go slowly. snip a corner from the bag and use it to pipe the glaze onto your food. you can make those little squiggles and lines like bakery items, or make the glaze a bit thinner and top the entire surface.

Last edited by ravenrose; 05-03-2012 at 09:59 AM..
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote