Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   has this happened to you? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770363-has-happened-you.html)

cuttie99 05-03-2012 04:43 AM

has this happened to you?

I have reintroduced carbs for 1 week now and I woke up today with a sore throat. I don't feel like I am getting sick and I rarely do, knock on wood. I am wondering if the new influx of carbs caused some inflamation in my body and now my body is showing it as a sore throat. or it has something to do with juddd? I thought I was suppose to reap more health benefits:mad::D started the day with some hot tea. Hope it goes away....very strange.....:dunno:

anyone experience any cold symptoms after starting juddd?

Ragdoll24 05-03-2012 04:52 AM

Absolutely NO cold symptoms or other types of inflamation from JUDDDing. I have less inflammation and my allergies are so much improved.

Mimosa23 05-03-2012 05:10 AM

No, no cold symptoms because of carbs and JUDDD here, but I did have a cold which started all of a sudden with a sore throat and progressed from there. It was a bug I picked up and so not related to my diet!

Are colds going around where you are? I felt fine too at the beginning with my cold... No other complaints apart from my sore throat. Two days later it was a different story!

Also, could you have some kind of pollen allergy? Here we are having lots of problems, and I'm noticing hayfever symptoms...

Hope it clears up whatever it is! If not, of course go see a doctor!

Take care, get well, xxx

gotsomeold 05-03-2012 05:11 AM

No. But I sneaked up on carbs vewy, vewy quietly (and in very small amounts at first).

Avicenna 05-03-2012 05:25 AM

Hi,

The first 3 or 4 weeks I was on the JUDDD plan I felt like I was more suseptible to colds. I think it took a while for my immune system to adjust to the lower calories. Now I'm fine and that doesn't happen anymore.

Or, it could just be another cold season - there seems to be a cold/flu that's going around right now.

RebeccaSimpson 05-03-2012 05:44 AM

I have eaten too many carbs the last two week, I know that they are not good for m but I really wanted some. The next days I felt tired, my emotions were unstable, I had cravings and worst I had a lots of spts on my body which hurted, and my acne came back. So no more wheat and sugar stuff for me.
Hope you are not getting a cold!

KeirasMom 05-03-2012 06:04 AM

Actually, other than my hypothyroidism, I just realized I haven't been sick once since starting JUDDD in December. DH and DD have both been sick a couple of times.

sophiethecat 05-03-2012 07:16 AM

:console: Hope you get to feeling better soon, cuttie! :hugs:

shirlc 05-03-2012 07:26 AM

This is weird, but drinking Crystal Light or any of the generic forms of it give me a sore throat. It didn't start right away, but after I'd been drinking it for a while. :stars:

b_lou_who 05-03-2012 09:48 AM

those carbs can create inflammation and spark allergies or make them worse. as always, your situation is unique to you. there are some foods I just don't eat or I regret it for days.
we can also burn some fat that has a load of fat soluble toxins that were stored there and as those get released it makes us feel sickly. I find taking chlorella and milk thistle (help the old liver and kidneys out as it processes), eating clean, and really guzzling the water helps me when I hit one of those "pockets" of toxicity. Wondering if the diatomaceous earth is helping with those also.

cuttie99 05-03-2012 02:33 PM

b lou interesting post. very strange indeed how I am feeling. Will try to get some rest. I am drinking lots of water. Or maybe its just a cold....

Kissa 05-03-2012 04:41 PM

Yes they can, but they haven't for me. :clap: I reintroduced carbs after 10 years.

Feeling great, and, I think, looking great and 14 lbs lighter. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

DD80 05-03-2012 04:57 PM

I've been sick 4 times since January. Stuffed up...drainage...sore throat. I really think it's allergies...it doesn't make sense. I'm never this sick!

I drink Emergen-C and take allergy pills. I need to take my vitamins everyday again...that would help....

Feel better! :)