Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I just wanted to add my encouragement to you-- I remember you had posted a while ago about not getting direct replies and stuff like that... but I do look for your posts and observations, commentary. When I saw this one, I thought OH NO!

Don't give up. Any weight loss has plateaus, stalls, all sorts of weirdness. I don't think JUDDD will be any different, as our bodies adjust to the new stuff we're making it do-- burn fat, tighten skin (g-d willing), process more veggies...

It took ages to get to where we are now-- and sometimes, our old clothes kept fitting even if we gained who-knows-how-much weight.

So, you're losing pounds from somewhere (I think both internal and subcutaneous fat is the right image) AND when you get to 150, that is a FAR CRY from 195. You will for sure be a different size in clothes, and a different shape overall!

Take a break, take a MD or a couple of maintenance days, but there's no reason to give up if this is proving to work for you, which I know it is!

!!!!
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiegirl View Post
I do wonder if going into maintenance mode might not be a good idea. I know that when I lost a significant amount of weight before (on low carb), I did it in conscious fits and starts. I'd diet like mad for a bit, and then allow myself to take a break for a few weeks, making sure I didn't bounce up more than five pounds throughout that time. Then I'd go into another weight loss cycle. It was very good for me mentally.

Hazelsmrf mentioned a diet recently that was the impetus for my doing it this way - the Rapid Weight Loss Diet by Lyle McDonald. I don't think I could do that diet again, but a lot of his ideas are solid. He advocates free meals (which are pretty much already incorporated in JUDDD) and diet breaks to avoid diet fatigue, mentally and physically.

I know that JUDDD is only dieting half the time, and is supposed to avoid diet fatigue, but I can definitely see how it could still happen.

Also, for me, as a binger, a huge key in weight loss when I did it previously was learning to be gentle to myself. I'd spent so many years beating myself up, not even always consciously, that it took a concerted effort to learn to "forgive" myself when I went astray, which allowed me to stay in the right mindset to continue losing weight rather than throwing in the towel. I think if I hadn't had the bout of severe depression that I did a few years ago, that I would have been able to continue on to goal and maintenance - it felt that good while I was in the process.

*hugs* This is hard. It really is. But be gentle with yourself and keep the long term in mind as well as you can.

I switch things up regularly to avoid diet fatigue.

Lots of good posts here! Hope you are feeling more encouraged, HJ.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Check out this link:

Why You Can’t Lose Fat In The Places You Want To

There is a section of the article (toggle down) called:

"Why Do I Lose Weight But Look the Same?
Exercise seems to result in more subcutaneous fat loss. Diet alone results in more visceral fat loss (and less surface fat loss) (src). This explains how you can lose weight – but not necessarily have any radical change in appearance."
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
Idk anymore,
Maybe this woe isn't for me.
All I can think is so what? When I get to goal, nothing Will be any different. Well, other than being a few lbs lighter. Im still wearing the same clothes I did 25 lbs ago. Seriously. And everything In the store makes me look like a hippo or is too tight. I just want to give up. Why struggle if there's no gain?
Is this the same gal who so inspired me with her post, just a few days ago?

Quote:
"I'm so excited!

Despite a few stumbles (a splenda-induced bounce and a binge), I was able to lose 12 pounds during my first month on JUDDD!

I didn't realize it until just now. It's good to be able to see how far we've come (and so easily, I might add) in order to motivate us into the future.

I JUDDD!!

P.S. If anyone ever told me I'd be able to lose so much so easily, while eating pizza, cookies, chips, and going out to eat, I would have given them a BIG bwahahahaha!
Nobody could have put it better than you did with your own words..."how far we've come and so easily"

It is easy is to get frustrated with the scale, although, WOW, 12 pounds in one month IS INCREDIBLE. It's easy to feel frustrated with how clothes fit, or how we perceive ourselves to look. And, it would be easy to quit. You could choose to do that -- but where will that lead? OR, you could take your frustration and make it your weapon in this battle.

Please, please just re-read and distill your own inspiring words and, as you said, use it to motivate!

Your progress so far has been outstanding! The future is in your hands.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Oh sometimes I feel just as fat as I did twenty pounds ago and I want to eat an entire pie. Try to let days like this go by and be gone. Maybe you should relax your efforts and go on maintaince for a bit. Whatever you do don't let yourself gain back the pounds you have lost, you will really regret it. We are all here for you and each of us has felt like you at one time or another. Big hugs!
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hey Jupiter,
For whatever it's worth, I can identify. I'm reluctant to even call this a WOE or a lifestyle, yet. As soon as I do, my expectations about numbers and pants and Hollywood-y results go nuts. And then I crash when not all parts of that come true quickly. I have a kind of addiction to instant manifestation.
I'm helped by telling myself that JUDDDing is what I've chosen to do with my energy (and considerable spirit) today. No massive expectations, just a decision that this feels good and healthy at the moment. Proceed forward moment by moment. Truth is, every five minutes of this feel better than what I was doing to myself before this. Holding to that feels good.
We'll all feel like you do/did during this trip. I hope to hell I have the courage to ask for help when it's my turn. Thanks for your post,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Jupiter
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Jupiter, I have just read through this, and boy what a lot of love and support is coming your way. You can do this, once and for all with this kind of help.

Dawn, Kiera'smom, just started a thread about how she has been feeling down lately. It is full of positive quotations to help her (us) through the hard days. I just posted one of my favourites there:

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. Graucho Marx

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 05-04-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #39

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
HeyJupiter, I hope you don't quit. There are a lot of good posts here.

It's easy to get discouraged and I think everyone can relate. You've been so successful on the scale, some members here would give their eyeteeth to see scale numbers like you've seen, but they're losing inches, which you would give your eyeteeth for. We always want what we don't have, huh? I know I do.

Don't quit before your miracle. One day you will look back on this decision. Will you be glad you made the decision you're contemplating, or will you regret it? Only you know the answer to that.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #40

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Only a few days ago you were so positive about you 12lbs loss. Has something upset you?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote