Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
That Ol' JUDDD Magic

I must be experiencing it! I was just looking at my ****** account and realized that in the last 12 days, I've had 7 FDs and 5 DDs. I've had things going on and knew that it was going to be difficult to stick to my rotation. We had friends over for dinner one night, I had 3 days with my 3 sisters out of town, a luncheon, a wedding, plus one night we had low carb waffles for supper and couldn't stop eating them because they were so good! I simply cannot believe that my weight was at 129.5 this morning. I've been envious when others have been able to do this and not gain a whole bunch of weight. Don't get me wrong...this is definitely NOT the way I want to JUDDD, but so good to know that I didn't get derailed over it like I did on the 14-day cruise in February. I'm sure that the difference is that I had those good DDs in there. On my down days, I don't try to stay low...my DD goal is 500. My numbers were: 459, 430,480, 473, and 470. I have to say, I this!!!

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

"You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
Oliver Goldsmith

"Make peace with the past so it won't screw up the present." Regina Britt
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
That's awesome, and I agree, I think you benefitted from making sure you got those good DDs in there. WTG!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Send some of that magic my way, ok?? 5 days of being sick and no routine to what I'm eating or when or even if it stays down. I hope some of that magic works when I get on the scale tomorrow.
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
That's awesome, and I agree, I think you benefitted from making sure you got those good DDs in there. WTG!
Thanks, Dawn! Now if I could just figure out how to do the DDs when I'm on a trip. I always have the best of intentions to watch what I eat, but my track record isn't good. The reason the DDs worked so well for me was that I was at home and could fix the foods I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieKGirl View Post
Send some of that magic my way, ok?? 5 days of being sick and no routine to what I'm eating or when or even if it stays down. I hope some of that magic works when I get on the scale tomorrow.
Being sick is really hard, isn't it? A little over a month ago, I spent a couple of nights in the hospital on a liquid diet most of the time, along with the intravenous feeding. I thought my weight would be down when I got home, but it was up 2 1/2 lbs. Hope you get well soon!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
Thanks, Dawn! Now if I could just figure out how to do the DDs when I'm on a trip. I always have the best of intentions to watch what I eat, but my track record isn't good. The reason the DDs worked so well for me was that I was at home and could fix the foods I needed.

I have that same problem! I'm going to Washington D.C. for a week and then Pennsylvania the week after that. When I'm back at the old homestead with my siblings, caution gets thrown to the wind. There is always soooooo much food and it's just too good to pass up! I've gotta be better somehow this time.

Being sick is really hard, isn't it? A little over a month ago, I spent a couple of nights in the hospital on a liquid diet most of the time, along with the intravenous feeding. I thought my weight would be down when I got home, but it was up 2 1/2 lbs. Hope you get well soon!!!
I've never had a kidney stone, but that must be the worst of the worst.

I'm like you in that-- other people who have colonoscopy's and have to fast and drink that awful draining fluid the day before tell me they drop pounds. --Not me! Others say when they donate blood they drop. NOT ME! I actually gain after donating blood. Must be fluid retention as my body quickly tries to replenish. I can be like a sponge sometimes. I don't see it in my ankles or anywhere, but I see it on the scale.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam-Yam, if you figure that one out (staying somewhat on plan on a trip) let me know how you do it!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #7

I did a 4 day trip in January and managed it. Subway salads and Wendy's chili on DDs are wonderful! Or even non-perishable items like rice cakes, or the 100 calorie snack packs. A small ice chest with a couple tomatoes and cucumbers, some tuna pouches, that kind of thing.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I did a 4 day trip in January and managed it. Subway salads and Wendy's chili on DDs are wonderful! Or even non-perishable items like rice cakes, or the 100 calorie snack packs. A small ice chest with a couple tomatoes and cucumbers, some tuna pouches, that kind of thing.
Dawn, that's really helpful. Kudos to you that you were able to do it! I guess I just need to be more creative!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Traveling across country in an airplane makes it tough. I take a very small soft sided cooler in my carry on luggage. You are not allowed to check bags with ice in them. I take Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, sometimes sandwich thins, lettuce and turkey or chicken breast. I'm always worried TSA is gonna take my yogurt!

This time I am going to pack coconut oil and ask my DBIL to use it instead of margarine when he cooks my eggs.

The other tough thing is conferences and business trips because there are so many social events plus fancy dinners and luncheons. In Florida the cocktails and ordeurves (spelling?) were soooo yummy. At least I would just pick one thing or two and have one each. Like egg rolls. I only had one but I could have eaten 10.

I stuck to white wine and had lots of perrier in between drinks.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

The other tough thing is conferences and business trips because there are so many social events plus fancy dinners and luncheons. In Florida the cocktails and ordeurves (spelling?) were soooo yummy. At least I would just pick one thing or two and have one each. Like egg rolls. I only had one but I could have eaten 10.

Exactly...those wonderful meals are so tempting...and it's really hard to do the portion control thing. I do it pretty well at home. Would you believe I put the scale on the table?
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Exactly...those wonderful meals are so tempting...and it's really hard to do the portion control thing. I do it pretty well at home. Would you believe I put the scale on the table?
I have my scale right next to the refrigerator! I really only did that because my bathroom flooded and my old scale died and that was the only other flat surface that was out of the way. Then I decided it was a fitting place, so it lives there now. My bathroom's pretty small and the scale took up most of the available floor space. It's a good thing I'm up a couple of hours in the morning before anyone else. Otherwise I wouldn't feel right getting nekkid to weigh in the kitchen.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have my scale right next to the refrigerator! I really only did that because my bathroom flooded and my old scale died and that was the only other flat surface that was out of the way. Then I decided it was a fitting place, so it lives there now. My bathroom's pretty small and the scale took up most of the available floor space. It's a good thing I'm up a couple of hours in the morning before anyone else. Otherwise I wouldn't feel right getting nekkid to weigh in the kitchen.
OMG, that is so funny...the picture it puts in my mind!!!

I meant that I put my food scale on the table...it seems a little OCD, but maybe other JUDDDers do it, too!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #13

Haha, I'm so OCD, I have my food scale on my dining table and I also have a scale at work.

I thought you meant you kept your scale on your table so you'd see it when it was time to eat. Silly me!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
When I'm not at home for a DD, I just have dinner and eat nothing else all day. I try to go for something in the 500 calorie area (even tho my DDs are 800) bc my UDs turn into FDs on vacation

Great job sticking to JUDDD your way!
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Quote:
I must be experiencing it! I was just looking at my ****** account and realized that in the last 12 days, I've had 7 FDs and 5 DDs. I've had things going on and knew that it was going to be difficult to stick to my rotation. We had friends over for dinner one night, I had 3 days with my 3 sisters out of town, a luncheon, a wedding, plus one night we had low carb waffles for supper and couldn't stop eating them because they were so good! I simply cannot believe that my weight was at 129.5 this morning. I've been envious when others have been able to do this and not gain a whole bunch of weight. Don't get me wrong...this is definitely NOT the way I want to JUDDD, but so good to know that I didn't get derailed over it like I did on the 14-day cruise in February. I'm sure that the difference is that I had those good DDs in there. On my down days, I don't try to stay low...my DD goal is 500. My numbers were: 459, 430,480, 473, and 470. I have to say, I this!!!
Shirl,

I have a big wide smile on my face after reading your post!!

I am soooooo happy for you!

I agree about keeping the numbers in a more reasonable range. I was keeping mine quite low and even fasting some DDs, but thought better of it, and have just recently started to increase to the 600-800 range!
When I have to reign it in, then I go back to ±500!

Did I mention how happy I am for you?!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Gracie, you're so sweet!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
You're doing great, Shirl! It's that ol' JUDDD magic for sure! For some it kicks in almost instantly, and others take a lot longer, but it shows up sooner or later. Great job!!! Enjoy!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote