Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
Help me see what's the problem..

Stepped on the scale today, up 2kg (4.4lb) from my previous weigh in on the 22nd. I was surprised that my reaction isn't as drastic as I thought I'd be. Perhaps I expected this since I've been having problems going to the loo the past week or so. Or maybe because two days ago, UD, I've had a pasta feast dinner and it's all carbs-water weight in cahoot!

I've been on juddd for a month now. Accepted the fact that since I don't have much to lose, last 5kg(11lb) max so I can't expect myself to lose quickly. Actually maintainence is already a joy since I get to eat all those "forbidden" food from time to time. But it never hurts to lose a weeny bit.

My stats (I've posted this before)
18 years old
160cm
50kg

UD:1600 DD:300-500(rarely but sometimes when I'm hungry. I stick to 300ish more often than not)

I've been taking advices to cut down on fruits ( I used to eat ALOT of fruits ) and eat more proteins. I still don't eat rice though.
Perhaps the source of protein I get is wrong? I eat more prepacked meatballs/fishballs from Asian supermarket and I suspecting they are high in sodium! I'll switch to fresh meat ><

I also realise I tend to stay away from water on DDs. Somehow if I don't eat or drink anything I won't feel as hungry until about 6pm..

One more thing, has anyone started eating shirataki noodles and face problems going to the loo? I am facing this problem.

Feel free to ask any questions because I'm desperate to know what's the problem and what I'm doing wrong..

Thanks a million!!!
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
The combination of sodium, and no water on DD's will cause water retention. The lack of water will also contribute to the constipation issue. It will also make it more difficult for your body to flush fat.

So my number one recommendation is to up that water drinking on dd's! Maybe even add some lemon to it.

I think for a few days, that (and switching to fresh meat from the pre-packaged stuff) would be the only change I'd make, and see what happens. If you change too much at once, you never really know what helped or didn't.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dckisses View Post

One more thing, has anyone started eating shirataki noodles and face problems going to the loo? I am facing this problem.

Thanks a million!!!
then you ARE backed up!! because those things come out exactly as they go in. its time to clean out and you will drop a lot, im sure!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:42 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Can't work out where my chart has gone - but It will show you that a 4.4lb jump can be quite normal. Hormonal, toilet issues, too much salt, not enough water. The list goes on.

Also, I weigh every day - if I only weighed once a week or so - I would have become depressed because one week - I went from something like 227.6 to 231 - if you look over the week. As I weighed every day - I could see that at one point I was down at 223.8!!! Your weight will bounce!

Good luck working out what you need to do!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I second, third, fourth, and fifth what Tina said. Body hydration and fat regulation are very tightly bound. Drink water, supplement it by drinking other low-sodium things, then drink more water.

And, in between sips, try to figure out much salt you have been eating. Too little is very bad. Ditto too much. I just spent some time wandering around the internet and it looks like you should be aiming for 4 to 6 grams a day.

If re-hydrating your body does not improve things, please post a few day's menus.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone! I've been drinking up! Today's an UD and i've lost count of how much I've drank. Probably 3l so far, visiting the loo very often too! Hopefully this will flush the water out!

I'll take all your advices and drink up especially on dds.. I'll do that tomorrow and weigh in again on Friday. I cant see how it can get worse.. One thing for sure I didn't eat 14000 calories in excess!

I'll start tracking what I eat and maybe it's because of the type of food..

Thank you again~
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys I'm back.

Listened to all the advices and drank drank drank up the past 2 days, today I weighed in after a DD yesterday.. I'm back to when I first started a month ago.

There has to be something that I am not doing right! I just can't accept the fact that it doesn't seem to be working for me when everyone else is seeing great results.. I'm not expecting to see tremendous results but glimmers of hope that this can work for me too.. Granted maintainence is good too but I really hope to lose a bit of weight..

I'll post my days menu soon, hope you all can help me look into it..
Meanwhile, here's my DD menu yesterday.
B-Nothing
L-Black coffee with a little bit of sugar
D-Subway 6" Roast beef on wheat bread, vegs, cheese and honey mustard.
Snack - 1 wpple

Today, UD so far
B-Yoplait yogurt and bowl of fruits (half a pear, half a dragon fruit, kiwi, pink guava)

My mild constipation hasn't improved much, but I guess my body needs time. I'll continue drinking up!

Thank you for your time..