Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
Still Lurking.....but looked up my stats today on the Dr. Johnson site.
Interesting that induction @ 500 calories is more than the other DD calories calculated out for me== 331...! UD == 1654...

Being a short, old, non-exercising female doesn't give me much wiggle room!!!
Induction on JUDDD is different that induction on Atkins. On Atkins, it's designed to be stricter than post-induction, to get you switched over to fat burning. But on JUDDD, it's actually LESS strict to get you used to low calorie DD's and sort of ease you into it. Many people never go lower than 500 though and lose fine. For others after a week or so of 500 calories, it's easier to go lower. The purpose is to keep you going, rather than finding 300 or so calories too hard and quitting. And if even 500 calories is too tough, you can even do 600 or 700 for the first few DD's and lower them as you get some better appetite suppression kicking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
thinking of you Sophiethecat. My fingers are crossed.

I have decided to stop weighing. The act of doing so every day (and night, usually) is putting too much focus on the weight-loss aspect for me. And given that the scale is not moving this is not the right approach.

I am continuing JUDDD, but figure I'll weigh once a week or so. That way I can be more conscious of all the OTHER things JUDDD is doing. I believe I will lose at some point, but this is getting unhealthy and discouraging. So I am choosing to focus on something that is healthy and positive.
I think this is a good decision for you. Keep reading and posting though, so we can keep encouraging you about all the good stuff that IS happening.

Laura, I always did my official weigh/measure after the DD that was closest to my week/month anniversary day. I think that's still fair to do.

I decided to just do 2 UD's and it was apparently a good decision. Scale never budged from 126. Hoping after a good dd today, I'll be back at 125. Contemplating lowering my bounce range again. But wondering if I'm just being silly.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
ellgee- I wanted to tell you. My hubby bought me 50 shades of grey!! I read it in 3 days. I ran out today and bought the other 2 books in the trilogy. I have to say. Its so poorly written, but I cant put it down!! I gape at the thought......hahahahahaha <----think thats her favorite word to use for everything!!! It really really is horribly written! No rhyme or reason to how she uses words and sentences, but I just have to keep reading to see what will happen next!!! I think my hubby really is mad that I wont put those books down!!!!!

Did you know they are making a movie for it now too??? Just read that today in a magazine article!!!!
OH I so want to read this series!!!!!! I have heard it was really good. Right now I can't justify spending the $$$ as i have several other books. Forget trying the library, they have 20+ holds on each book!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
zip- the content isnt really as bad as they let on for it to be. I have seen comedy movies (american pie movies come to mind here) that have worse than these books contain!! But the writting is killing me.....same actions over and over to where I am at the point of laughing when I read it. BUT I STILL CANT PUT THE BOOKS DOWN!!! It has a decent story background and make you wanna keep reading to see what happens next (no not in that way!) Anyway, try half priced books.com, I seen barnes and noble are starting to get them in used for cheap!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Haven't checked in in a while, but I have a question that may have been addressed before, so I wanted to ask here.

My starting targets in January at app. 174 were/are 1704 and 341. I've lost 10 pounds in the ensuing 4 MONTHS, (partially my own fault). I just checked the JUDDD calculator, and at my weight now-164 as of yesterday-hope for less with tomorrow's wi-my targets at no exercise and 20% are 1657 and 331. I barely make it through with the others...

I know it's been suggested to up my numbers to see if that works (I'm a-skeered to ) but lowering them by 50 and 10 I think will really be unpleasant.

So the question is, what do most people do as they lose weight?

Thanks, Friends.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharkness View Post
I think my numbers are similar to yours, but I simply couldn't deal with 331 calories, so I started with 500. I lost so well with that, I never bothered to adjust downward. In fact, I have a standard DD menu that I use every other day. I never waver from it and I don't have to keep calculating all day long to see how much more I get to eat. I just eat the menu (500 calories) and I'm done.

BTW, I wish I lived in Galveston! Then I wouldn't have to drive five hours every time I wanted to take a cruise!
I would love to know what is your :

I have a standard DD menu that I use every other day

leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

I just have to say...............I NEED A FOURTH FIFTY SHADES OF GREY BOOK!!! I read all three in 4 days!!! I got to the end and read from Christan point of view.........and now I need all those books to be re-written from him..........Sucky writting butttttt the story had me.....no not that part of the story........the actually story behind it.........So sad at the moment because I finished them so fast........might have to re-read them again lol!!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Nighttime fast may beat counting calories to drop pounds — Health — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

An interesting article.
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Good morning everyone!

Tanya - I have the books on my ipad and bought the trilogy through the books app. I know I'm on the second one but not sure where I am in relation to finishing it. So I know I'll be done with them soon too. Hope I'm not sad! LOL!

So after hitting a new low on Saturday, I was up 2.4 today - totally deserved. My husband is in town and it is his birthday today. Dinner was cuh-razy last night with drinks, etc. Today I'm making cake balls for him and am not sure what I plan to count. Odd thing is I'm totally not freaking out! I am relaxed, even with the gain, because I know tomorrow I'll get back on my rotations and everything will be fine. That is such a change for me!! I'm enjoying my life and that makes me happy!

Have a wonderful day!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am trying something new for me today. Had a great DD yesterday and was not hungry this morning. I ALWAYS eat breakfast but only had coffee with HWC this morning. I started getting hungry around 11 but realized I had not had any water so decided to drink a glass of lemon water first. Now I am not hungry. So I am planning a light lunch and a LARGE dinner. Maybe having a large breakfast (heavy on the protein) every morning is not the best for me. We shall see.
Otherwise all is well and I had my lowest weight yet on the scale this morning. Avoiding all wheat and sugar in addition to everything else. Not missing the Diet Coke and Splenda at all. Bought a stevia plant yesterday so am anxious to see how that works. herb lady told me how to use it fresh so when it gets established I will start plucking leaves.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Tanya - I have the books on my ipad and bought the trilogy through the books app. I know I'm on the second one but not sure where I am in relation to finishing it. So I know I'll be done with them soon too. Hope I'm not sad! LOL!

oh I think you will love the 3rd book..........by far my favorite one!!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I've been hearing so much from friends and coworkers about the Shades of Grey books lately, and now from you guys too! I'm so tempted to get them but I sooo don't have time to read anything right now (barely have time to read these forums lol).

Wow Adi, let us know how the stevia plant works out. I use pure stevia extract and powder almost exclusively but had heard that the plant itself is more bitter, so I'm curious.

Laura, I know exactly what you mean. JUDDD for me has relieved a good deal of stress in relation to food, weight, my body, etc. It's not perfect but it's the closest thing I've found that's had this profound effect on me throughout my history of dieting. Glad you're feeling happy too.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Vilanteira - my herb lady ( I claim her since I buy all of my plants from her since they are sooooo healthy) told me that the fresh or dried or macerated from the actual fresh gowing plant was LESS bitter than the purchased kind. I used a leaf in my water today and it tasted different but not bitter. I am hoping it is yummy.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
LOL - we really are all on a similar path - I just started the first shades of grey book today after much fanfare from friends and the press. Writing is not great so far but the story is (ahem) engaging!
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Vilanteira - my herb lady ( I claim her since I buy all of my plants from her since they are sooooo healthy) told me that the fresh or dried or macerated from the actual fresh gowing plant was LESS bitter than the purchased kind. I used a leaf in my water today and it tasted different but not bitter. I am hoping it is yummy.
As long as it's not bitter I'm ok with it. For some purposes I'd probably still use the purchased extracts/powders but I'm really liking the idea of using fresh leaves from a stevia plant. Gonna look into this more.

Also my coworker just told me she'd loan me the first book in Shades of Grey. She's bringing it tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Thanks! Very interesting article!

Today's DD was going great! Did not eat anything until 1 PM - was not even hungry. Now I am getting hungry, but guess I will wait another our until dinner.

Had a bear in our yard today roaming around for about 10 min. He finally came up the deck and tried to climb up to grab the hummingbird feeder.
northandcold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northandcold23 View Post
Thanks! Very interesting article!

Today's DD was going great! Did not eat anything until 1 PM - was not even hungry. Now I am getting hungry, but guess I will wait another our until dinner.

Had a bear in our yard today roaming around for about 10 min. He finally came up the deck and tried to climb up to grab the hummingbird feeder.
Wow, I hope everything's ok after that?! I'm having a good DD too. It's almost 5pm here but I won't start eating until 7pm.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am trying something new for me today. Had a great DD yesterday and was not hungry this morning. I ALWAYS eat breakfast but only had coffee with HWC this morning. I started getting hungry around 11 but realized I had not had any water so decided to drink a glass of lemon water first. Now I am not hungry. So I am planning a light lunch and a LARGE dinner. Maybe having a large breakfast (heavy on the protein) every morning is not the best for me. We shall see.
Otherwise all is well and I had my lowest weight yet on the scale this morning. Avoiding all wheat and sugar in addition to everything else. Not missing the Diet Coke and Splenda at all. Bought a stevia plant yesterday so am anxious to see how that works. herb lady told me how to use it fresh so when it gets established I will start plucking leaves.
Curious how you use it fresh. I got a plant last weekend and would like to do it that way, but everything I've found on google has been for drying and crushing the leaves.

Had a fun day. Lunch out with friends and then some shopping. Had a 500 cal lunch from Applebee's, so should be fine on my UD cals today.

Yikes on the bear!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I'm HUNGRY. I don't know why...I got through hcg with no issue. I still love DDs very much but I spend the day hungry. It's been 3 weeks and it seems to be getting worse, not better...and I'm in between 30 and 35% right now! I'm fine-as in this isn't a deterrent for me, but I was curious to know if anyone else had a similar issue?

And because I think it matters I'm doing nutrient dense stuff to get the most bang for my buck. Chicken breast, white fish, tuna etc. with low cal veggies for both meals. Today I had 2 kielbasa (220 cals) a half a cup of saurkraut (20 cals) 6 slices of canadian bacon (120 cals) and a can of split pea soup (200 cals.)
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Tina - I am going to experiment to see if the stevia works for me fresh. I can always dry it later if I don't like it this way. Herb lady is pretty experienced so we shall see.
I am thinking it would take more fresh than dried to get anything sweet. I ate a leaf and it was sweet but not overpowering.

Last edited by adillenal; 05-20-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Good morning! Still struggling to get back to what I weighed before vacation and it has been a month. I am not sure what is up - my rotations are good, and yesterday I had a great DD at 375 calories lowest I have ever gone.
I have not been working out as much and some days I have worked 11 hours so once this project is over, I will beef up the workouts, and get more sleep and that may help.

On the upside - a friend I had not seen since last July asked if I had lost ALOT of weight LOL the truth is I weight what I did last July, but since she said that - I figured I must look smaller so today I took my measurements and they were smaller than I thought!
I guess it is true we are our own worse critics. TO me my hips look big! I guess I have to turn that into positive thoughts "I have normal looking hips they are not big!" LOL

I have another mini getaway in two and a half weeks for 5 days so am going to get those stubborn pounds off!!!

So all is good!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, all!

I am down 14 pounds as of today-took me 17 weeks, but it's gone..this morning DH said I looked like I had lost weight, and maybe he should try. When I told him what his app. DD cals would be he and said maybe not..

Still wondering if I should adjust my numbers down. I don't think many people do that from what I read; just trying to get a consensus. At 174.4 they were 1704/341 and I barely get by on that. UDs no problem and could even eat more-DDs I am very disciplined with and almost never go above 400, and I am HUNGRY!!

At 160.4 they would be 1639/328. That's at age 65 at 20% and no exercise.
Thanks,
Old 05-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday I made some protein bars to have on hand when I need something to take with me. Had egg salad for lunch and followed that with a protein bar fresh from the oven. I later found out I had concocted the perfect laxative protein bar. Certainly can't eat those things when out and about. BUT I am freezing them for those times when I need that kind of help. Guess the combination of coconut flour, oat bran, oat fiber, flaxseed meal, almond flour and gluc along with a bunch of other things worked out NOT the way I had intended. But they tasted good.

Scotty - I have lost 20 pounds since January and last week I adjusted my calories down. I was bouncing up and down but not really going down and staying. Just a week and I am seeing a downward trend again. I have no hunger on DD's and I think it is because I know that DD's are not to be messed with. I WILL NOT go over on DD calories and I never did. I overdid the UD's which I have had under control for the past 2 rotations and can tell the difference. My new numbers are about the same as your new numbers 1620/339. I eat less than that on DD's though. Just my experience and we are all so different. I am 2 years younger which should not make a difference.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

adi Thanks for the input. I am finally actually losing nicely, mostly because I haven't had any UUAA days the past week, and no booze, so, much like you...as I said, I keep to my DDs very well-I can count on one hand the times the cals have gone over 341 on DDs. I don't think ever up to 500. It's those darn UDs, which I can control if I don't drink wine ...

I think I'll let it go for now, unless I stop losing, and then I'll have to bite the bullet.... but, this is a diet after all, and I have about 20 pounds to go.

Any other input would be appreciated..
Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Hi my JUDDD buds,

I'm busy with a lot of other things right now, so I've been spending a lot less time on the computer. It actually feels good!

I'm still happily maintaining but am starting to see a downward trend.

Other daily activities are what's giving me the extra boost, I believe.
Even with my gym visits, I don't see any scale changes, but do see improvements in my muscles and of course, strength.

Anyway, wanted to say to you all!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #265
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Scotty I am so pleased that you are getting the losses you deserve. I am sure that if I was still trying to lose I would have to cut out the wine too. It does lead me astray!

Good to see you Gracie, glad life is treating you well.

I am back to good rotations after my crazy week. Lovely low DD today, 438 cals.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Morning everyone! I had a good DD yesterday. Scale isn't budging though. Waist measurement isn't going down either, but the fat on my back is noticeably feeling flatter when I reach back there, and THAT's a change! I hear the fat on our backs is the very last to leave us.

I also went down to my lowest to date....321! I'm real proud of accomplishing that number. I didn't think I could manage under 500, but I did it! I still get hungry a lot on most DD's, but I just go get a cup of coffee or glass of water to ride out the hunger when it hits. The hunger usually only lasts a few minutes for me.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Just popping in to say HI to everyone!!!

Its that time of the year where I need 4 of me to run here and there!! I stop in to the forum but dont always have time to post!! Hoping to get the pool filled soon, and daughter has a travel ball tourney this weekend. Sons band concert tomorrow.......list goes on and on!!!!!!! Crazy!!! Take care all, thinking of you!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Good morning all!

Well after my free for all weekend, I was able to have a successful DD yesterday. Sigh of relief. This is my first "excursion" from plan and my usual MO is to just chuck whatever diet I'm on out the window and proceed to gain everything back. I feel good and ready for my UD today. Well, I'm ALWAYS ready for an UD! LOL! Got off 2.2 of my 5.4 gain in one DD so almost halfway there. I feel confident that I should be back to my low by the end of the week. Well, ovulation is about to hit so it may take until next week. But I will get there!

Going out of town to my mom's for Memorial Day weekend. Plan to keep to rotations as best I can.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Good morning all!

Well after my free for all weekend, I was able to have a successful DD yesterday. Sigh of relief. This is my first "excursion" from plan and my usual MO is to just chuck whatever diet I'm on out the window and proceed to gain everything back. I feel good and ready for my UD today. Well, I'm ALWAYS ready for an UD! LOL! Got off 2.2 of my 5.4 gain in one DD so almost halfway there. I feel confident that I should be back to my low by the end of the week. Well, ovulation is about to hit so it may take until next week. But I will get there!

Going out of town to my mom's for Memorial Day weekend. Plan to keep to rotations as best I can.
There's something different about JUDDD that I sense not just from you, but almost everyone here (including me) who lives "Life!" (and sometimes that includes small "excursions" as you so wonderfully put it). . . is the feeling that "All is not lost" when we do live our lives and meander a bit off course. There's not the feeling that we've sunk our ship and might as well abandon it now, but more of a "well that was a nice, fun, scenic little detour", and we're able to continue on our journey, knowing that as in the case of most detours, it might take us a little longer because of it, but the side trip was enjoyable and nothing to be anxious about. We'll get there.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
There's something different about JUDDD that I sense not just from you, but almost everyone here (including me) who lives "Life!" (and sometimes that includes small "excursions" as you so wonderfully put it). . . is the feeling that "All is not lost" when we do live our lives and meander a bit off course. There's not the feeling that we've sunk our ship and might as well abandon it now, but more of a "well that was a nice, fun, scenic little detour", and we're able to continue on our journey, knowing that as in the case of most detours, it might take us a little longer because of it, but the side trip was enjoyable and nothing to be anxious about. We'll get there.
this is what i love about juddd too. i can have a couple days off plan to enjoy family events, then when life settles down i get right back to it. i did that sun-mon for a family grad party and this coming weekend is another family grad party. i'll focus on a great week rotation wise and enjoy me weekend. then right back to rotation on tuesday.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote