Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
HI! I'm at 183.5 this morning. I'm going on vacation at today so won't be juddding again til next Tuesday. Praying I don't gain much but hoping JUDDD will get me back on track! Have a good week!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Flying by to say I will probably be seeing a gain this week myself. Friends staying, then my lovely DS and her DH have arrived as his sister is in her last days. Still visiting my FIL in hospital. A tyre blow out and my believed cat peeing on my bed last night are just little jokes from above.

Anyway my eating is all over the place, but that is fine. Life happens and when this all settles down, I will be back JUDDDing properly.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Sophie, praying you get some answers today.

Kissa, you know JUDDD will have you back on track in no time once life settles a bit again. Praying for your family.

Trying to decide what to do today. I need tomorrow as an UD, but today is supposed to be. With the results of my experiment showing gains with lowered UD cals, not sure if MD is wise or not. But then 2 UD's in a row may not be great either. I'm actually leaning to the 2 UD's though. Thoughts? (will post this in Maint. Lane too but you don't have to answer in both places. )
Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Knowing what works!!

Hi everyone - boy have I missed you all! I have fallen off JUDDD and any weight loss plan at all lately. However the scale hasn't been too mean to me, as I have been trying not to overeat. However, I do see pattern that when I did faithfully do JUDDD the weight did come off. I didn't go off due to not liking it or anything like that, it was just life. I have just recently been promoted to a new position at work and so am working to learn that position plus do my own until the person that is suppose to do my job starts.

Even through all this nowI am ready to get back to tracking and JUDDDING I need to, trips and summer and just a better feeling about myself is desperately needed.

So today I am doing an UD to start with and moving on with the rotations.

Better get back to work its , I will try get on computer tonight and get caught up on everyone.

Here I go a JUDDING..la la la
Old 05-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
WOW!!!! Dawn!!!
I just saw your new SIXTY POUNDS LOST ticker!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
!

You are an inspiration! It gives me hope that someday darn it, this journey IS going to get me to Reasonable!

Hugs to you!
Connie
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #216

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Thanks! That means a lot, especially with your amazing losses! You're it!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
Congrats on 60# lost, Dawn! YOU ROCK!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Dawn -

What a loss - WTG

You are doing so great!

Am so proud of you!
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Just a quick post to say to everyone.

Busy with a lot of stuff going on. It's all good, but it's taking up a lot of my computer time.
No weight gain so that's always a good thing.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
WTG Dawn!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOOT for Dawn!!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #222

Wow. I sure you all! Thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Dawn, again, I want to say how I LOVE the fact that you follow the plan, and it it WORKS!!!! You are a great example to everyone to stay the course and........... the rewards come!!! I know you are looking tall, slim and gorgeous!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
Shucks the last 2 DDs were mega hard. I was so hungry till the point I couldn't stand it anymore at 9pm..
Had 300 cals before that, was busy studying the entire day. Exams are round the corner..

Is there a tactic to suppress hunger? I don't want to blemish such good DDs
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
YaY Dawn on 60 lbs that is a great testimonial to JUDDD and someone who is dedicated to it!

Sophie hope you get some answers soon.

Dckisses - I have been doing JUDDD since March 9 - I was doing fine with DD at first, but suddenly the last two weeks I feel sick to my stomach, and get a headache. Not sure why, but I have upped my calories a tad to 600. Basically, as soon as I start not to feel so great I eat something small - string cheese, Wasa Cracker, boiled egg, bit of cottage cheese. I try to make it something with protein. It seems to make me feel better.

Have a great Wednesday all!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #226

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Dckisses, if it remains that hard, I would move up from 300 calories. For me, the key on DD's is eating protein. I have never done 300 calorie DD's, lowest I have done is 480. I hope it improves for you girl!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Dawn, again, I want to say how I LOVE the fact that you follow the plan, and it it WORKS!!!! You are a great example to everyone to stay the course and........... the rewards come!!! I know you are looking tall, slim and gorgeous!!

Phyl
Hehe, I wouldn't go that far. I'm tall, slimmer, and ah-ight.
Thank you though!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dckisses View Post
Shucks the last 2 DDs were mega hard. I was so hungry till the point I couldn't stand it anymore at 9pm..
Had 300 cals before that, was busy studying the entire day. Exams are round the corner..

Is there a tactic to suppress hunger? I don't want to blemish such good DDs
For me, it's all about a mixture of bulk and protein. A whole sliced cucumber with a small can of salmon works great for not much more than 100 calories. You have to play around until you find what combinations work well for you.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
ahhhhhhhhhhhh wtg Dawn!!!!!!!!! I am so very very jealous!!! I remember when I first started coming to the JUDDD forum you were at the 40 mark!!!! I am so happy for you!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northandcold23 View Post

Dckisses - I have been doing JUDDD since March 9 - I was doing fine with DD at first, but suddenly the last two weeks I feel sick to my stomach, and get a headache. Not sure why, but I have upped my calories a tad to 600. Basically, as soon as I start not to feel so great I eat something small - string cheese, Wasa Cracker, boiled egg, bit of cottage cheese. I try to make it something with protein. It seems to make me feel better.

Have a great Wednesday all!
You know I started getting like this too!! I thought it was a touch of food poisoning (ate out one night, had chicken wings, got sicker than I have ever been not to long after), but it wouldnt go away. Then it moved to just DD's. If I ate anything my stomache would double me over with cramps. I havent been able to eat on a DD for a good week now! Anything I try to eat on a DD comes back up now, and I am fine on UD's. It cant be food poisoning like I said, and its not a virus or I would be sick both days. I dont know what to make of this new thing! I dont like it either. I found I have to have some type of food for a loss on a DD. This new thing isnt helping that very much!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Dawn, WTG what great success you are having. Inspiration for me to get back on track.

I am feeling bloated and yucky (not TOM either) and felt so so much better when following JUDDD.

I know I can do this for me! Even with new job position taxing my little brain.

Going to start with UD tomorrow as I want Saturday to be an UD - going my sisters and my mom out shopping and lunch, haven't done that since we were all early teens.
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

ellgee- I wanted to tell you. My hubby bought me 50 shades of grey!! I read it in 3 days. I ran out today and bought the other 2 books in the trilogy. I have to say. Its so poorly written, but I cant put it down!! I gape at the thought......hahahahahaha <----think thats her favorite word to use for everything!!! It really really is horribly written! No rhyme or reason to how she uses words and sentences, but I just have to keep reading to see what will happen next!!! I think my hubby really is mad that I wont put those books down!!!!!

Did you know they are making a movie for it now too??? Just read that today in a magazine article!!!!

Last edited by krow134; 05-16-2012 at 07:54 PM..
Old 05-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
I know I can do this for me!
You can do it!!!!!!!! Thats the perfect mind set to have to re-start JUDDD!!! And we will be right here cheering you on!!!!!!!!!!!!! Write that (I know I can do this for me!) on an index card and pin it to your fridge!!! Seriously!!!!!!!! A daily reminder to your beginning thought!!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Still Lurking.....but looked up my stats today on the Dr. Johnson site.
Interesting that induction @ 500 calories is more than the other DD calories calculated out for me== 331...! UD == 1654...

Being a short, old, non-exercising female doesn't give me much wiggle room!!!
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Hoping for some resolution for you! Love the new avatar, though I wish we could see your smiling face!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Good Luck!!!! It will be all good!!!!
Thanks Dawn & Tanya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Flying by to say I will probably be seeing a gain this week myself. Friends staying, then my lovely DS and her DH have arrived as his sister is in her last days. Still visiting my FIL in hospital. A tyre blow out and my believed cat peeing on my bed last night are just little jokes from above.

Anyway my eating is all over the place, but that is fine. Life happens and when this all settles down, I will be back JUDDDing properly.
I understand the "flying by" lately, and hope things are going well for you and your family. No worries with you and JUDDD - you will be A-OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Sophie, praying you get some answers today.
Thanks, Tina. What did you decide to do with your UDs? I have done 2 in a row and it's gone fine for me. Sometimes I do that on Sat & Sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
Hi everyone - boy have I missed you all! I have fallen off JUDDD and any weight loss plan at all lately. However the scale hasn't been too mean to me, as I have been trying not to overeat. However, I do see pattern that when I did faithfully do JUDDD the weight did come off. I didn't go off due to not liking it or anything like that, it was just life. I have just recently been promoted to a new position at work and so am working to learn that position plus do my own until the person that is suppose to do my job starts.

Even through all this nowI am ready to get back to tracking and JUDDDING I need to, trips and summer and just a better feeling about myself is desperately needed.

So today I am doing an UD to start with and moving on with the rotations.

Better get back to work its , I will try get on computer tonight and get caught up on everyone.

Here I go a JUDDING..la la la
Good to see you again, Carla. Sounds like you're getting right back on the horse and all will go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Just a quick post to say to everyone.

Busy with a lot of stuff going on. It's all good, but it's taking up a lot of my computer time.
No weight gain so that's always a good thing.
Hi Sazzie! Good job on no gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northandcold23 View Post

Sophie hope you get some answers soon.
Thank you, Cindy! I am supposed to find out something in the morning.

Congrats, Dawn, for your awesome losses! Great job all the way - through both fast loss and the slow-downs. You never give up, and I KNOW you will reach goal! WTG!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
Interesting that induction @ 500 calories is more than the other DD calories calculated out for me== 331...! UD == 1654...

Those are almost identical to my current numbers. I am old, non-exercising but 5'7". I started with the 500 and I was one that used shakes for the first two weeks. And I still lost. Then it was pretty easy to drop the calories down to the 300's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:

I think my numbers are similar to yours, but I simply couldn't deal with 331 calories, so I started with 500. I lost so well with that, I never bothered to adjust downward. In fact, I have a standard DD menu that I use every other day. I never waver from it and I don't have to keep calculating all day long to see how much more I get to eat. I just eat the menu (500 calories) and I'm done.

BTW, I wish I lived in Galveston! Then I wouldn't have to drive five hours every time I wanted to take a cruise!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #238

Quote:

Many never go below 500 and still have great success. I am tall, large, sort of old, and don't exercise, and my DD calories are 406 at 20%. It's pretty doable, but not imperative to hit that low.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
thinking of you Sophiethecat. My fingers are crossed.

I have decided to stop weighing. The act of doing so every day (and night, usually) is putting too much focus on the weight-loss aspect for me. And given that the scale is not moving this is not the right approach.

I am continuing JUDDD, but figure I'll weigh once a week or so. That way I can be more conscious of all the OTHER things JUDDD is doing. I believe I will lose at some point, but this is getting unhealthy and discouraging. So I am choosing to focus on something that is healthy and positive.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
ellgee- I wanted to tell you. My hubby bought me 50 shades of grey!! I read it in 3 days. I ran out today and bought the other 2 books in the trilogy. I have to say. Its so poorly written, but I cant put it down!! I gape at the thought......hahahahahaha <----think thats her favorite word to use for everything!!! It really really is horribly written! No rhyme or reason to how she uses words and sentences, but I just have to keep reading to see what will happen next!!! I think my hubby really is mad that I wont put those books down!!!!!

Did you know they are making a movie for it now too??? Just read that today in a magazine article!!!!
Tanya - I have to agree! And how about the way his pants hang on his hips. Can she mention that maybe a million more times? Or the lip biting. It is awful but I am on the second book in the trilogy! LOL!!! A movie - can't imagine the rating on that one! If you could see me, I'm gaping or looking down at my hands.......Lordy!

Gosh I haven't been by this thread in forever! Haven't gone back to read but hope all are doing well. I will endeavor to check in here regularly.

I had a lovely whoosh this morning and since tomorrow is my two month JUDDD anniversary, I want to do my stat post today. I know my UD will give me an up bounce. But I'm a legalistic kind of girl and my brain says, no, TOMORROW is your two months. So, I'll wait.

Have a great day!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote