Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome back Whitlin'. Will enjoy hearing your experience with JUDDD, and seeing you lose those 8 pounds with no trouble whatsoever.

I am FINALLY back to 125. Took 6 days to get rid of those 2 pesky pounds (and the tape measure is almost back to where it started out too). 1600-1700 certainly seems to be where my body wants to be on UD's. I did drop my dd's just a bit (700 rather than 800-900). So will continue with that for a week or so and see how it goes before attempting to raise them again. I've also cut back on the sugar again. It was getting to be a need to have on a daily basis again, vs a once in a while treat.

So, oh darn, I have to eat more to be able to maintain. ROLFOL.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
It's Friday Ladies! WOOHOO! Up day and dinner/drink plans this evening. An adult evening out....it's rare for DH and I.
Sounds like fun! I know what you mean by rare.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Welcome back Whitlin'. Will enjoy hearing your experience with JUDDD, and seeing you lose those 8 pounds with no trouble whatsoever.

I am FINALLY back to 125. Took 6 days to get rid of those 2 pesky pounds (and the tape measure is almost back to where it started out too). 1600-1700 certainly seems to be where my body wants to be on UD's. I did drop my dd's just a bit (700 rather than 800-900). So will continue with that for a week or so and see how it goes before attempting to raise them again. I've also cut back on the sugar again. It was getting to be a need to have on a daily basis again, vs a once in a while treat.

So, oh darn, I have to eat more to be able to maintain. ROLFOL.
Too bad for eating more!
Tina I was wondering if your weight is different after UD than DD or stays the same?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Jbinme - our kids are actually old enough to stay home. DS is 13 and DD is 10, but typical Friday nights in Spring for us involve either softball or baseball fields! This weekend we have NO GAMES AT ALL! Loving that!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Jbinme - our kids are actually old enough to stay home. DS is 13 and DD is 10, but typical Friday nights in Spring for us involve either softball or baseball fields! This weekend we have NO GAMES AT ALL! Loving that!
We are a few years away. DD 8 & DD 3. It doesn't help that DH works every other weekend! We make the most of it.

Hope you have a wonderful time!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Flying out of town this afternoon to spend Mother's Day weekend with my dear mom, so I'll be doing a good DD (bringing my food for the day on the plane) and will allow myself two UDs in a row Saturday and Sunday before returning home to a DD on Monday. I'm not really worried about doing the two UDs in a row, as I had a 2 week vacation in January and pretty much didn't JUDDD at all and came back to only a 1 lb gain.

I just can't get over how much I love this woe and every single day I'm so thankful that I finally found something that is doable long-term and causes no additional stress in my life and no health problems.

So Happy Mother's Day in advance to all of you wonderful mothers because I most likely won't see you until afterwards!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Flying out of town this afternoon to spend Mother's Day weekend with my dear mom, so I'll be doing a good DD (bringing my food for the day on the plane) and will allow myself two UDs in a row Saturday and Sunday before returning home to a DD on Monday. I'm not really worried about doing the two UDs in a row, as I had a 2 week vacation in January and pretty much didn't JUDDD at all and came back to only a 1 lb gain.

I just can't get over how much I love this woe and every single day I'm so thankful that I finally found something that is doable long-term and causes no additional stress in my life and no health problems.

So Happy Mother's Day in advance to all of you wonderful mothers because I most likely won't see you until afterwards!
Hope you have a lovely visit!

And a big "AMEN!" to what I bolded.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Thank you for the kind welcomes.

I am learning more about the JUDDD threads and know I will figure them out, sophiethecat!

Yes, I have learned to have faith that JUDDD concepts will help drop weight, Kissa. I hope you find an ideal place for your dfil.

Happy to hear about a goal weight recaptured, mykid'steacher.

As I make an honest woman of myself and change my "current" number here, it occurs to me to lower my goal weight a little. I would not venture into 125 territory (what a nice number, mykids'teacher) but go lower into the 140s maybe.

Friday DD here. I had intended to count my calories again yesterday and it didn't happen... again. I don't remember having a hard time with this when I've needed to lose before. Hmmm. Too long with easy-peasy UD mentality I guess. I do know I ate plenty, with absolutely no deprivation. (Is this the place to admit to ice cream, or will I shock everyone?)

I noticed jbinme's question. My scale showed 1 pound up this morning after yesterday's UD, which is perfect for me. Over time, I've learned that for my body, that means I will either be even or will lose after today's DD. (I am an every-day weigh-er.) However, I have had half-pound losses on the morning after a DD even after scale jumps of as much as 2.5 pounds on the morning following the previous UD. They sure can surprise you. I realize mykid'steacher's answer will be more interesting since she was "working" with incremental changes for a while settling into that goal.

I'm interested to learn whether most people here now stick with alternating days or MWF. It used to lean heavily to MWF here. Either way we can be content and not worried about it. As vilanteira said, we are not stressed on JUDDD.

It's interesting to see everyone's choice of eating plans or the eating plans they did before. I am a rare poster here at LCF in that I began JUDDD without having been a strict low-carb person previously. I firmly believe white flour is my enemy but probably include more carbs than most here.

All best wishes!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #189

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Thank you for the kind welcomes.

I'm interested to learn whether most people here now stick with alternating days or MWF. It used to lean heavily to MWF here. Either way we can be content and not worried about it. As vilanteira said, we are not stressed on JUDDD.

It's interesting to see everyone's choice of eating plans or the eating plans they did before. I am a rare poster here at LCF in that I began JUDDD without having been a strict low-carb person previously. I firmly believe white flour is my enemy but probably include more carbs than most here.

All best wishes!
Many of us stick to alternating days rather than set schedules. Several have found they stall with adding in MDs or having two UDs in a row to keep the schedule always the same. Some have success with MWF, but they seem to be in the minority.

Regarding your last paragraph, I almost laughed my water right out of my nose! You will find a WIDE variety of eating plans here, but there are so very many of us who don't count carbs AT ALL anymore. Many still eat paleo/primal, low carb, or any other plan they feel keeps them healthy and happy, but there will be NO judgement here for having ice-cream or any other form of carbs. I'm often above 150 grams of carbs per day.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Too bad for eating more!
Tina I was wondering if your weight is different after UD than DD or stays the same?
I typically stay pretty much the same. I've never been a big bouncer. Maybe up a pound on an UD, that comes off the next dd, but it is not uncommon for me to remain the same weight 6-8 days in a row (even in wlm--I lost very slowly for the most part). This last 2 pound jump was different though, because I FELT heavier and bigger around the middle, confirmed by the tape measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post

As I make an honest woman of myself and change my "current" number here, it occurs to me to lower my goal weight a little. I would not venture into 125 territory (what a nice number, mykids'teacher) but go lower into the 140s maybe.
No judgement on ice cream here. I plan to have a bit of my new coconut milk butter pecan sometime today.

As to adjusting goal, my original goal was 130. I lost most of my weigh with paleo, and came to juddd after stalling out with just 3 pounds to go to that goal. After maintaining for about 6 weeks (during which time I lost another pound), I decided to reenter wlm and see if I could go lower. I had my fastest losses and lost 4 pounds it 2 weeks. I've now been at this goal for right at a month. I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind occasionally to drop a couple more so 125 would be the top of my bounce range. Sometimes I wonder if I'll have be truly happy with my weight, or if I'll always want 'just a little more'.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #191

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I eat carbs whenever and wherever I want them these days Whittlin'. I did Atkins for almost 11 years and ice cream is a wonderful indulgence which I now love to eat when I fancy it.

Enjoying a generous DD here. Probably 700, but I didn't eat until almost 7 pm. Wasn't a tiny bit hungry. I then had a half a pint of 'bitter', a packet of salt and vinegar crinkle crisps at the pub, watching a lovely grey heron fishing on the weir.

Came home and prepared a shrimp curry.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Tina. It's interesting because I have an UD weight 127 this week and a DD weight 125. Never the same.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Oh my, I did read that Georgene!!
Say 'hi' to Fred for me......he's been my online mentor for Slow Burn since I started it in 09 and always replies in a timely manner to all my questions.....he knows me by my first name, Gracie.
Well, heck. Wish I had known this. Fred is one of my all-time favorite peeps, for a number of reasons (not the least of which, he answers questions!). I stopped by his table last night just before going back to my cabin, and visited with him a little bit. I looked for him at the cocktail party (the day before), but I think he had just gotten back from his excursion, so I had to settle with talking to him at his table.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Georgene I read your blog with great interest-sounds like a lot of fun! How awful about Dr. Kruse-surprised he didn't raise a fuss.
Hey, Scotty! From what I have seen and heard, he did raise an awful fuss, but when you are pinned down by several police/CoastGuard/FBI, you can raise all the fuss you want, but won't be getting far. Jimmy was down there when it happened and he said the police had him up against the wall with their arm over his throat.

From what I am reading, the next day, Dr. Kruse was offered a first-class flight to join the cruise in Jamaica, but declined. I think, honestly, that he is going to milk this for all it's worth.

Let's face it: he got a LOT more publicity over getting kicked off the ship than he ever would have gotten as a "regular" presented on the cruise.

Thanks to all of you who have gone to my blog and read it! I really appreciate it, and hope you will come back again. Howard and I (once we have recovered from the trip) will be posting a lot more stuff!

Last edited by gharkness; 05-13-2012 at 06:28 PM..
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #195

It's Monday morning ladies! Dragging just a big here! Had a great Mother's day. Surprised my MOM completely. It was a nice day!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Good morning all! Had a nice UD with family on Mother's Day yesterday, and feeling the bloat today lol - and waiting for TOM to start also. I am sure I will feel great in a day or two. Did Yoga this morning for the first time in months - and wow it felt great! I need to incorporate it back in 2-3 times a week.
My work project is on halt - they are behind loading the project so basically they expect you to log in every hour or two to look for work, work an hour (If that) and it stops again. It is frustrating. But again won't complain it is nice work to do. The project was only suppose to be about 6 weeks and I have been on it since March 14 and will go through June 17 or so. Then I work nice small projects and get to enjoy the summer

Hi Whitlin - Glad to hear you are back at JUDD - I am sure you will be successful

Mykidsteacher - woohooo back to 125 - you knew you would get there - you always do great with JUDD!

Baileysgirl
- thanks for sharing the recipe. I have some velveeta and Rotel that I was to use for a dip for a party and then I did not go. This will be a great way to use it.

Hope you had a great time with your Mom, vilanteira

Everyone else have a great week and keep losing!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all. Yesterday was a combined Mother's Day/Graduation celebration. Was prepared for a FD, but didn't need it to be. Good thing we had McDonald's for lunch, or I'd have been under my calories. LOL

SIL (mom of the graduate) had a cake reception after. But since I can't have cake, I brought some of my grain free vegan brownies so I wouldn't feel deprived. She then had a lighter supper of cold cuts, salad and veggies. (had a couple of soups too, but they were both cream based, so no go for me). Had a second brownie for dessert.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Happy Monday, all! Still hanging in there and loving this WOE. I've not lost anything, and it's been just about two weeks now, but I'm still feeling good so I'm not discouraged. I have a good amount to lose (40-50 pounds) but figure my body still might be figuring things out.

I plan to up my DD this week a bit. I wanted to get 2 solid weeks in first. Hopefully that will get the ol' scale moving!

It's a beautiful day here-the perfect spring morning. I just finished my shopping for the week and am relaxing with a cup of tea on this gorgeous DD.

I have a hiccup this weekend and have to figure out what I'm going to do. Sun is a DD and it looks like we may be having a cookout with family, so I may have to swap things up at some point, or throw some medium days in there. We'll have to see! As it stands now I have lunch dates tomorrow and Thursday and I'm looking forward to having both without GUILT!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
I've been MIA these last few days, and am so glad to see everyone doing so well.

I'm maintaining beautifully!! Keeping my DDs in the 500-700 range, and the UDs are all over the place from 1700 to 2500. Keeping the gap large!!

Yesterday my dh made me a beautiful brunch and even though it was supposed to be a DD, I happily made it into a MD. There is no diet worth hurting his feelings, so I ate it with gusto and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Have to attempt to get caught up with all the good news and I see there were a lot of interesting topics this past weekend, so want to explore those a bit, too!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
Happy Monday, all! Still hanging in there and loving this WOE. I've not lost anything, and it's been just about two weeks now, but I'm still feeling good so I'm not discouraged. I have a good amount to lose (40-50 pounds) but figure my body still might be figuring things out.

I plan to up my DD this week a bit. I wanted to get 2 solid weeks in first. Hopefully that will get the ol' scale moving!

It's a beautiful day here-the perfect spring morning. I just finished my shopping for the week and am relaxing with a cup of tea on this gorgeous DD.

I have a hiccup this weekend and have to figure out what I'm going to do. Sun is a DD and it looks like we may be having a cookout with family, so I may have to swap things up at some point, or throw some medium days in there. We'll have to see! As it stands now I have lunch dates tomorrow and Thursday and I'm looking forward to having both without GUILT!
You could do it like this:
Thursday: UD
Friday: DD
Saturday: MD (UD+DD/2)
Sun: UD

Shouldn't mess you up too badly.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
that's kinda what I was thinking, but you writing it out was really helpful. I *thought* I knew how to do it, but that was confirmation. Thank you!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
I’ve been missing the board for a past few days, barely able to drop in. It’s been so good to be able to read the posts this morning and catch up.

Stitch, I SAW your measurements, a few pages back -- your progress is wonderful! Congrats!

Scotty I somehow also “discovered” Food Network and it DOES always seem to be on during a DD. Thankfully, it doesn’t bother me at all. It motivates me to try to make new things.

Laura, your idea about resting the body at intervals through a weight loss journey is an interesting. I have been wondering about this as well. I don’t think I’ll ever get mentally tired of JUDDDing but if I stall or plateau for very long, I'm going to turn to maintenace numbers for UD and DD, for a short period of time and then resume.

I actually like DDs too…except the occasional one that is just a stinker as far as the appetite goes. For those, I’m just happy when it’s bedtime!

sorenkkg: CONGRATULATIONS!!! That would be “freaked out” in the BEST of Ways!!! Yay!!!

Georgene, checked out your blog -- your cruise has been interesting and adventurous!

Tammy, it is good to have you back.

Hi Whitlin’. I’m have “thyroid issues” too. I was worried that JUDDD wouldn’t/couldn’t work for me, maybe of it, but JUDDD been a wonder. Nothing has ever worked this well for my body. I’m sure your small gain will be the thing that is in the past, and very soon.

Tina: A BIG HOORAY for YOU!!! Congratulations on getting back to your personal goal number!!

vilanteira, You articulated my thoughts and feelings most perfectly,

“I just can't get over how much I love this woe and every single day I'm so thankful that I finally found something that is doable long-term and causes no additional stress in my life and no health problems.”

Hugs to all!
Connie
Old 05-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #203

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
OMG Connie I can't believe how well you are losing. Your 'scales' really excite me.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
OMG Connie I can't believe how well you are losing. Your 'scales' really excite me.

Aw, thanks! Honestly, I am TOTALLY amazed too! Especially since I eat ANY thing I want BUT, I DO count and live very close to my numbers. In the nearly six weeks I've had a cupcake, chocolate Reese's Easter egg, I eat bread each morning, I've had cheeseburgers, french fries, even Chinese food! By a long shot those are not my everyday diet menu items, but I can eat them and still lose weight!

I thank YOU, my JUDDD buds, for contributing to this forum so that those of us who have found it, many are having LIFE CHANGING results!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Hi JUDDD Budds!

This is my 2nd DD, and it was going pretty good...until...my DH decided he wanted McDonalds for supper. He ate a Angus burger and fries in front of me and it smelled sooooo good....but I didn't have a bite....because...if I choose to, I can have it tomorrow!

I came home and baked a rhubarb/strawberry cream dessert and I will have a slice of it tomorrow with my meal. SO THERE!
Thanks for listening to my vent! I feel better now!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Just a quick passerby post to say "Hi, everyone!" and I hope to get some time to respond to different threads on the forum soon. I didn't mean to just drop off the radar, but seems like it's been a busier than normal time lately. I have my HIDA scan and blood work in the a.m. *teeth chatter -- nerves* Probably nothing to worry about, and it's scheduled so early maybe I will sleep through it, lol.

Love you guys!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Just a quick passerby post to say "Hi, everyone!" and I hope to get some time to respond to different threads on the forum soon. I didn't mean to just drop off the radar, but seems like it's been a busier than normal time lately. I have my HIDA scan and blood work in the a.m. *teeth chatter -- nerves* Probably nothing to worry about, and it's scheduled so early maybe I will sleep through it, lol.

Love you guys!
Hoping for some resolution for you! Love the new avatar, though I wish we could see your smiling face!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post

Love you guys!
Good Luck!!!! It will be all good!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #209

Good morning ladies! Tuesday and for me, sunny and beautiful!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #210

My DD yesterday ended higher than I planned. Nothing awful, but not perfect! Must figure out a better plan for nights I am at the ball fields for hours and hours!