Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Up 2 pounds today, after two perfect DDs, and two UDs...

Today there was Pizza from Bertucci's at work, and since it is an UD, I had a couple pieces...eh...I fit them into my day, but of course had to estimate, and that's what I don't like, since I am obsessive with the journalling. Totally not worth it....

I think I have things backwards; instead of thinking "tomorrow I can eat!" I tend to think, "oh no, tomorrow I CAN'T eat". I guess that's a "glass half full" way of thinking, which is not the way I am. I always do well on the DDs but they remain difficult in that I get light headed and head achey, which makes it difficult to concentrate at work.

UDs remain difficult in that even though I journal everything, I tend to nibble and snack my way to too many cals...

Oh well...keeping on....

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thats the style Scotty, you can do this, we all have our good days and our less good days.

I don't think any of us enjoy 'estimation' but there is no way to avoid it as we relax into eating in the 'real world'.

My food was over the top today and I need another serious DD tomorrow. But I love them, and realise that I am lucky as I find them very easy as a rule.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Scotty, I hear ya! Today was UD and I'm in the throws of some serious, butt kicking PMS. I've had most of my UD calories and it isn't even dinner time. Darn, those M&Ms! But like Cindy says, sometimes we have our less good days. Life happens. PMS happens. M&Ms happen. We just pick ourselves up and move on.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
[QUOTE=Kissa;15638347]Thats the style Scotty, you can do this, we all have our good days and our less good days.

I don't think any of us enjoy 'estimation' but there is no way to avoid it as we relax into eating in the 'real world'.

My food was over the top today and I need another serious DD tomorrow. But I love them, and realise that I am lucky as I find them very easy as a rule.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering what you eat on your DD and how many calories
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I also very much enjoy DD's! I aim for 500 cals. I'm still new at this JUDDD thing, but not at all new to the low calorie days. This stint seems easier than the uber restrictive hcg p2 though.

I think I love them so much because a. I feel so calm and clear and b. I don't really think about food. That's a nice feeling. I also love the empty but not hungry sensation.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #126

I often use vegetable soups Leonak. But I love a simple, huge salad in the evening too. Lettuce or mixed leaves, baby tomatoes, celery, spring onions, a capsicum and a dressing of choice. I will chomp my way though a mountain of that.

I have a frothy coffee (small) most days and often have a toasted ham and cheese sandwich at the coffee shop, around 350 cals. (printed on the wrapper).

I do use shiritake noodles occasionally usually with a very spicy sauce.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Entering my fourth week - oops maybe 5th week -- and have lost inches I know, pounds I dont know since my scale is energy challenged (no battery). My biggest problem is that in the last month and continuing into next month there is just so much going on I have problems constantly with my rotation. I wish it was just weekends but we have luncheons/ dinners during the week and lately both days on weekends. I'm crazy trying to plan. When at home I have no problem- pantry/fridge completely in line with my WOE. But parties and luncheons are killing me since I can't really anticipate what I'm going to be eating IOW I'm at the mercy of the unknown and do the best I can. On vacay this week and plan on only yogurt/fruit for breakfast and one (large) meal a day, not to exceed 1200 calories (total for day)and at less than 50 carbs though always hard to figure restaurant food, even when its posted. Hoping this is maintenance territory. This weekend I have a wedding and then back on the road to home and church and graduation parties. This won't let up for another three weeks. Should I go into a " holding pattern" until all of this dies down?

The summer around here is fairly quiet. Too hot to do anything. Maybe I could plan better.

Last edited by mamasooze; 05-08-2012 at 04:48 AM..
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Mama Yes, it's tough when life interferes...I have no answer for you, as I have similar problems. Sometimes I can just stick to my DD, sometimes I just say what the heck...

Those of you who love DDs-- You Must Be Mad!!

I get through them, is the best I can say, BUT I have more success staying within my target on DDs than on UDs...I had a bit of food last night before bed, and I am not doing badly so far on my DD, although tummy is growling already.

I just don't think I've found what works for me to get through them, though. I despise salads, although I love veggies...I've been having egg sub, mushrooms and either spinach or sauteed cabbage made into an omelet for lunch, and usually fish or chix with a bit of veg for dinner, along with coffee and water when I think of it.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

I think we're all mad here.

Honestly? The only reason I *think* I love down days is that I'm just off hcg and I feel SO GOOD on p2. It's when all the inflammation cools, there's no bloated feeling, I don't even realize I HAVE a digestive system.

I suspect if I didn't have so many issues I wouldn't love it so much. But p2 on hcg is the only time I have zero anxiety or stress about my digestion. So that helps!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Those of you who love DDs-- You Must Be Mad!!

I get through them, is the best I can say, BUT I have more success staying within my target on DDs than on UDs...I had a bit of food last night before bed, and I am not doing badly so far on my DD, although tummy is growling already.

I just don't think I've found what works for me to get through them, though. I despise salads, although I love veggies...I've been having egg sub, mushrooms and either spinach or sauteed cabbage made into an omelet for lunch, and usually fish or chix with a bit of veg for dinner, along with coffee and water when I think of it.
I agree about LOVING DD's. I can shy, they have gotten easier, but not something I look forward to! I find, at night, having a large plate of veggies is awesome! During the day I focus on protein so my bloodsugar stays up!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

For me, I start the morning exercising with DH and I will either say...YEAH it's an Up Day or BUMMER it's a down day. DH always tries to change my attitude...and slowly it is improving! Honestly, DD's have gotten a LOT easier for me. Initially I was trying to FAST just as long as possible....I got headaches and would SNAP at everyone. Fasting doesn't work for me my bloodsugar goes down so easy! I keep toying around with this or that....Been on the plan for 3 weeks so I am still learning!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Well, I don't love every single DD that's for sure, and some DDs are just plain awful, but there are a good number of DDs where there are so many things I love about them. I fast (aside from black coffee in the morning) until about 7-8pm every DD, and some of the things I love about DDs are loose jeans around the waist and a flatter belly, feeling lighter and thinner, the burst of energy, the clear mind and much keener senses (sorry, tmi I know, but bedroom activities are amazing on DDs for some reason), not really having to think about food at all, the DD "high" or glow (I get this towards late afternoons) where for some reason I feel what I can only describe as a high and I'm incredibly calm and in a great mood and everything seems right in the world and nothing bothers me at all.

Or, you know, I could just be crazy.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I finally found an arm exercise I love to do!!! My DH got a Shake Weight as a gift, and I love that thing! I've wanted one since I saw them on TV, but didn't know if it would just be another thing that would sit around and collect dust. But it's so cool I WANT to do it. Doesn't take much time to do the workout, and I can do it while I sit if I want, lol. But will mostly stand and do the workout since that works more muscles. DH and DS1 use it too.

It's only 5# so it's not something heavy you have to lug even before you start the workout, and boy it really gives a workout! I love that it's so fast to use and not boring like regular weights are to me. It makes a funny "sniffing" sound while you use it, another plus (lol!). Anyway, toned Summer arms, here I come!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 05-08-2012 at 01:02 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I finally found an arm exercise I love to do!!! My DH got a Shake Weight as a gift, and I love that thing! I've wanted one since I saw them on TV, but didn't know if it would just be another thing that would sit around and collect dust. But it's so cool I WANT to do it. Doesn't take much time to do the workout, and I can do it while I sit if I want, lol. But will mostly stand and do the workout since that works more muscles. DH and DS1 use it too.

It's only 5# so it's not something heavy you have to lug even before you start the workout, and boy it really gives a workout! I love that it's so fast to use and not boring like regular weights are to me. It makes a funny "sniffing" sound while you use it, another plus (lol!). Anyway, toned Summer arms, here I come!!
This is funny. A while back, I bought one along with another friend from LCF and in reading your post, I had to go and get mine out.

Yes, it does work, but you have to work it.

I go to the gym on a regular basis, but when I don't I do Shapely Secrets isometric exercises and now that you reminded me of Shake Weight, I got it out and can alternate with that.

It got a lot of laughs, but ya know what they say about getting the last laugh, eh?!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
This is funny. A while back, I bought one along with another friend from LCF and in reading your post, I had to go and get mine out.

Yes, it does work, but you have to work it.

I go to the gym on a regular basis, but when I don't I do Shapely Secrets isometric exercises and now that you reminded me of Shake Weight, I got it out and can alternate with that.

It got a lot of laughs, but ya know what they say about getting the last laugh, eh?!
IKWYM!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #136

Mad, I may be, but happy to be so!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Oh yes, my DDs are quite easy also! There was a time a few months back when I felt a smidge of deprivation, but not anymore.

I truly do not feel restricted in any way!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
I love DD's too!! I love not having to plan breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just a low calorie snack!! DD's is when I started making the family meals I hate......Like yesterday they had Tuna casserole.......really hate that stuff. Today was an UD so we had popcorn shrimp and seasoned curly fries!! Tomorrow they will have deer steaks lol!!!!!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Well, all I can say is I'M GLAD THIS DD IS OVER!!

334 calories (341 target). I think the thing I dislike most is the headachey feeling I get, and the fact that I sleep even less well on a DD.

The odd thing is, though, that tomorrow morning I will feel no more hungry than on any other day, and will not have breakfast till at least 9:30, although I may "break my fast" with V-8, which has really tasted good to me on this journey.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I've been noticing some low blood pressure issues (dizziness when standing, craving salt) so checked it at WM and it was 95/53. Now I usually run low, but that is the lowest I've ever seen it.

Explains why I've been diving in to the chips lately. It's the quickest source of salt.

So I made a stir fry for supper, and added a little extra salt on top of the broth and soy sauce (low sodium). I imagine I'll be a little puffy in the morning. Not sure how to balance the need for more salt, with the desire to not retain gallons of excess fluid.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, Tina, glad you're alright and taking care of things.

I just had a salty stir-fry tonight too. I know that a salty evening meal can cause water retention, but sometimes it can't be helped. Maybe if it's not eaten too late (like 11 at night or something, lol) it won't be so bad. ??
Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Tina, if your BP is getting that low. Try drinking some Propel. Its low calorie and much better than gatorade. My daughter is a catcher and sometimes when we are at travel ball tournaments, she can catch 3-4 games a day in 90+ weather. She was having dizzy issues, low BP, and stuff. Her doc told us to have her drink propel. Something with it works with your body to keep you stable and replenishes. He also told her first thing in the am to eat a tsp of salt before a tournament. She hates it and refuses to do it most of the time. But the propel has made a world of difference. Any way the propel shouldnt make you as puffy as eating the salt will! You will pee the liquid but keep the nutrition!

Edit to add: I noticed since we stock up on propel with summer sports. I drink it here and there too. Well it helps with those heat headaches I get too. I dont know everything thats in it, but something in it helps. Where as gatorade, will make me sick to my stomache, exspecially in the heat.

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Last edited by krow134; 05-08-2012 at 07:15 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

ugggghhhh My cell phone broke!!! I had to pull out my old one. I am sad by this because the only interent I can do on that phone is facebook. It wont load these forums. What will I do with my day if I cant check in on here............ the good news is maybe I can talk hubby into letting me have a smartphone and I can play words with friends at lunch time now!!! Mothers day is coming up you know lol!!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
ugggghhhh My cell phone broke!!! I had to pull out my old one. I am sad by this because the only interent I can do on that phone is facebook. It wont load these forums. What will I do with my day if I cant check in on here............ the good news is maybe I can talk hubby into letting me have a smartphone and I can play words with friends at lunch time now!!! Mothers day is coming up you know lol!!!!!
Ah, Tanya, the same thing happened to me! My cell phone (which was DS1 old phone) fell out of my purse when I was getting bags and things out of the car the other night (it was dark). But I didn't miss the phone until it was almost bed time. By then it had already poured rain for 2 hours. I searched the house before I realized what might have happened. I went out with a flashlight in the rain and found the phone, drenched in the water by my car. I dried it out but it was ruined, so I had to get service back on my old flip phone. Not sure if I'll be getting a new phone anytime soon either. Of all the nights to drop my phone outside, and we have heavy rains, lol.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 05-09-2012 at 04:42 AM..
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #145

And you deserve it Tanya!

Scotty, I am not sure if you have tried upping you DD cals or not? I know you have done a fair bit of tweaking to get the scales moving downwards. It is just that some folks strangely lose better with higher cals on their DDs.

Tina I hope you get the low BP sorted. The Propel sounds good.

I am doing a DD today after yesterday's DD was changed into an UD. We'd had a tiring day, both physically and mentally, and at 7 DH suggested we go out for a meal at our local Italian, just 5 minutes walk away. I decided it was a great plan so I had a slice of garlic bread and a delicious lasagne along with my share of the red wine.

Still only 124 today. I sometimes still can't believe how lucky I am to have found this way of life.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #146

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I've been noticing some low blood pressure issues (dizziness when standing, craving salt) so checked it at WM and it was 95/53. Now I usually run low, but that is the lowest I've ever seen it.

Explains why I've been diving in to the chips lately. It's the quickest source of salt.

So I made a stir fry for supper, and added a little extra salt on top of the broth and soy sauce (low sodium). I imagine I'll be a little puffy in the morning. Not sure how to balance the need for more salt, with the desire to not retain gallons of excess fluid.
I noticed last night I was craving salt when I started dipping my finger in the popcorn seasoning. Then I was sad I left my Marmite at work.

When I feel the need for salt, I allow myself to have it, and I've been lucky that I don't really retain water from it. It seems that when your body really needs it, it's not excess salt, just what you need, so (at least in my case) my body doesn't make me hold onto any of the water. I hope yours let it go this morning too.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #147

Yes, Dr A always said salt wasn't the devil's food.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

when my adrenal function dips I have issues with salt regulation. It is rather vexing, but fairly easily fixed...for me at least. I get the dizziness, lightheaded when your first stand thing too and I want crunchy, salty things. My thyroid is a little bit whacky so I'm more prone to my adrenals being stressed when things get intense.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Tina, if your BP is getting that low. Try drinking some Propel.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into it for sure. Had a salty stir fry last night, and while I didn't go up on the scale this morning, I didn't have my expected drop after a dd either. But that's ok.

Circusgirl, I've been seeing a naturopath since Aug 2011 to treat extreme adrenal exhaustion. I am SO much better than where I was. But ran out of my supps for a couple of days. It might be connected. I'm stocked up again, so I'll keep an eye on it and see if it gets re-regulated again. Thanks for the tip!

Goal today is make sure to get ALL my UD cals in and make sure I'm over 1500, close to 1600.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Well, all I can say is I'M GLAD THIS DD IS OVER!!

334 calories (341 target). I think the thing I dislike most is the headachey feeling I get, and the fact that I sleep even less well on a DD.
I am right there with you! UP DAY HERE! Due to that headache/shakey/iritable feeling I get, I just try to stay between 500 - 600.