Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
scotty, I hear that! I haven't had donuts in a long time, but I'm having them today! I'm heading to our favorite gluten free bakery and I can't wait to finally be able to have one GUILT FREE! (Still need some protein first so my blood sugar doesn't get whacky, but I can have a DONUT!!!)

I made waffles this morning that were delightful. We're primary grain free so they were my grain free recipes, but it's been a long time since I've had them. They tasted heavenly.

This is my second UD and I have gained since starting, but I'm really okay with that for now. I was coming off low cal/low carb so my body needed to sequester some stuff I'm sure. I've slept better than I have in months the last two night and I'd almost say that right there is worth it. Sleep isn't normally an issue for me, but on HCG/LC-anytime I'm in ketosis really, I can't sleep.

So yay for a wonderful UD and I'm bound and determined to get all my cals in today!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Scotty, I'd recommend some protein to soak up some of the sugar. LOL But yay for being strong and saving those donuts for your UD! And yay for seeing some losses. Your patience and hard work is paying off! Are you eating enough protein/fat on your UD? It can really affect how hard your dd is if you go into it underfueled from your UD eating.

Circusgirl--it is so great to be able to enjoy previously forbidden foods. Enjoy your donuts! And don't worry about the gains. Bound to happen when you add carbs after not having them.

UD here today. Had a lovely smoothie and some sausage for breakfast. Need to do some serious housecleaning today. It's going to be HOT. Caved and turned on the a/c for the first time last night.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
I'm clueless as to what to do next..

Yesterday was supposed to be an UD but I was really too busy to eat and by the time I reached home and free of things to do it was close to 9 already.. So I ended up at 1000kcal..

I thought i'd treat that as a MD and have an UD today but I had a really bad day.. Problems surfaced and ugh it was a pretty horrible day so I couldn't eat much as I should. Ended at 1100kcal.

What next for tomorrow?
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Mykids I am a big protein eater, so no worries with that-had 3 slices bacon and egg fried in the fat, and TOAST for "real" brekkie-yum

I have tentative plans to have my yearly mint juleps today in honor of the Derby, so not sure what else will be on the menu.

I haven't lost 2.5 pounds since 5/1-have lost 1.6-quite a difference, but hoping that will be the end result come Monday.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dckisses View Post
I'm clueless as to what to do next..

Yesterday was supposed to be an UD but I was really too busy to eat and by the time I reached home and free of things to do it was close to 9 already.. So I ended up at 1000kcal..

I thought i'd treat that as a MD and have an UD today but I had a really bad day.. Problems surfaced and ugh it was a pretty horrible day so I couldn't eat much as I should. Ended at 1100kcal.

What next for tomorrow?
Sorry you had a bad day. I think you should make tomorrow a good UD, and then back to DD on Monday. Trying to do a DD after 2 MD's is going to be really rough.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
I did it!!!!!!! I had a 380 calorie DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoying my nightly cup of coffee and off to bed I go!!!!!!!!!! I have had such trouble saying below my DD calories.........I think most of that has been between TOM and the fact I was on vacation this past week and that made it hard not to snack!!

I got the pool set up, just needs filled up. I got the rest of the edging done. I even got the rocks set up around the new pool (to hide the tarp til the flowers grow). I worked up a heck of a sweat. I so better see a drop on my scale tomorrow.........I saw that 171 one day and havent seen it again since! I keep seeing 175......over and over and over............lol!!! Also got a bit of a tan on today too!!! lol!!

Tomorrow is an UD, and I got New York strip steaks thawing in the fridge. Its also Talladega for NASCAR........So I bought me 2 of those drink mix things that you freeze and serve.......I shall have one watching the race.......and praying Dale Jr actually wins..........lol!!!!!!

Ok I better go to bed.....bit talkative on here tonight!! lol!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Last edited by krow134; 05-05-2012 at 07:35 PM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Tonight was the pre-cruise dinner, and Linda of Linda's Low Carb Recipes - THAT Linda - was at the table next to me! And Carolyn F too!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
We have a report on the LC dinner up at Nequals1health (this is not a link). I have a better picture of my plate...trying to upload it, but gotta get it off my phone first.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Just popping by - work has been busy.
Tammy I am very very sorry for your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Georgene - cannot wait to see pics and hear about your cruise. It sounds fun!

Had a weird past three days - I was doing a DD Friday and decided to make it a 24 hour fast as we had to go to a party on Fri evening. I stopped eating Thurs at 6 pm - about an hour or so before the party I started to get a bad headache, and we left for the party. When I arrived I had a couple tortilla chips, and some guacamole, not much very little. Then I ate a small burger and some berries. That was it. Well I was so sick to my stomach on the way home and my head really hurt. By the time we got home I got sick. I was also up 2 pound in the morning. Yesterdays UD went ok was a tad scared to eat, but got calories in and dropped the pounds. Still at 121, but TOM is nearing so I know to hang in there. Today, I ate a hardboiled egg for breakfast because my head still hurts some. I am wondering if the fast just did not work for me., I use to get migraines really bad, but they have slowed down a bit and only get them during TOM.

Have a great day.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Cindy - I guess I am having the headache problem too but I got too hot yesterday and also have a history of migraines. Have your same symptoms but a different reason. I did not lose after my DD yesterday probably because I drank so much salted lemon water when I got home. Made me feel better but my killer headache is back this morning along with the nausea. Hope we both feel better soon.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
to everyone suffering with bad headaches. Hope they leave and don't come back!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I get migraines and they have been particularly bad of late. I attributed it to stress at work but it could be any number of things.

Cindy, Friday was a DD for me and I tried to wait to eat as long as I could - just to try what so many do here. I felt awful! I got that weird dizzy, buzzy feeling when you know your blood sugar has dropped too low. I realized Friday that fasting is not for me, either. I ended up eating but felt bad all day, just shaky and not well.

I was reading today about recommendations to lose 10% of body weight and then maintain for a month or two. I'm seriously considering this. I always tend to do well at weight loss and then burn out and undo all the good I've done. I have never tried to maintain in the midst of my weight loss plan - I've always been in GO GO GO mode. Doing this is also supposed to help eliminate setpoints. I still have 7.6 pounds to go until I hit 10% but I'm really, really going to ponder this. I imagine I'll take my DD up to maintenance levels and then recalculate when I start again. It's just that I have so much to lose.......but what good is it if in two months, I go off plan and gain everything back. That's my usual MO.

DD today and it is going to be tough. DH is in town and my daughter and her boyfriend surprised me by coming in from San Antonio since she can't be with me on Mother's Day. I will do my best!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post

I was reading today about recommendations to lose 10% of body weight and then maintain for a month or two. I'm seriously considering this. I always tend to do well at weight loss and then burn out and undo all the good I've done. I have never tried to maintain in the midst of my weight loss plan - I've always been in GO GO GO mode. Doing this is also supposed to help eliminate setpoints.
This is interesting in that I am at the 10% loss right now. Hmmm. Maybe I should try maintenance for May and then buckle back down in June?

About migraines. Several years ago I started having them on a daily basis. made an appointment with a neurologist since it was not my normal pattern. had to wait months to see the doctor and by then my headaches had ceased. Anyway, he told me I was too old for migraines. Gee, then why do I feel the pain if I am too old for them???? Mine were never hormonal which is what I guess he was basing that on. Weather (pressure changes) and certain foods trigger mine as well as heat. Hence the terrible migraine yesterday and today due to getting too hot.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 05-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

And looking at the JUDDD calculator even at 50% maintenance calories, my average would be just a hair over 1600 which for me at my current weight or even after I lose that last 8 or so pounds before I hit 10% would be still be deficit calories. Hmmmmmm.

And how do you get too old for migraines? I'm 48 and find myself working on one this morning. Trying to get my coffee in to see if it helps.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
I hope you get some relief soon Adi and Ellgee - I do feel better myself, and have just been keeping busy, drinking water and tea today.

I believe mine were stress, barometric pressure etc. Once I quit my job and starting working from home - my headaches almost disappeared. Not completely, but I was on three medications daily - and now just take something when needed. Now it is rainy days, lack of food at times, and menstrual related.

My dr. told me it would get worse once I went through menopause (not there yet but waiting) so we shall see.

Very interesting about the 10 percent wait loss. That would put me at a low weight so I would probably maintain at that point anyway.
northandcold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
I have a weird thing going on...I'm at the end of my 2nd week on JUDDD. I am a BIG sleeper! I could sleep 10 hours a day if I could! I just won't go to bed at night! LOL So during the week I usually get 7-8 hours and on weekends 10+ hours. I love to sleep. The past 3-4 nights I have been tossing and turning AND waking up every 2 hours almost all night and then it seems I finally get to sleep better w/o waking up after daylight. This is very strange to me. I normally go to sleep and don't wake up until my alarm goes off. I am wondering if the house is too hot b/c I do notice I am warm and I'll take the comforter off. I've had the a/c on 77 but lowered to 75 last night and still the same thing. Is JUDDD having the opposite effect on me since I'm used to getting a lot sleep or is it all in my mind and maybe I'm just too warm!

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #107
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
I get migraines and they have been particularly bad of late. I attributed it to stress at work but it could be any number of things.

Cindy, Friday was a DD for me and I tried to wait to eat as long as I could - just to try what so many do here. I felt awful! I got that weird dizzy, buzzy feeling when you know your blood sugar has dropped too low. I realized Friday that fasting is not for me, either. I ended up eating but felt bad all day, just shaky and not well.

I was reading today about recommendations to lose 10% of body weight and then maintain for a month or two. I'm seriously considering this. I always tend to do well at weight loss and then burn out and undo all the good I've done. I have never tried to maintain in the midst of my weight loss plan - I've always been in GO GO GO mode. Doing this is also supposed to help eliminate setpoints. I still have 7.6 pounds to go until I hit 10% but I'm really, really going to ponder this. I imagine I'll take my DD up to maintenance levels and then recalculate when I start again. It's just that I have so much to lose.......but what good is it if in two months, I go off plan and gain everything back. That's my usual MO.

DD today and it is going to be tough. DH is in town and my daughter and her boyfriend surprised me by coming in from San Antonio since she can't be with me on Mother's Day. I will do my best!
This is really interesting to me, and maybe should be added to the thread about when your body just needs a rest from WLM. I've lost basically 20% (holy cow, really??!!) of my body weight since last October--if my math's correct. There's a reason I was an English major! I keep coming back to thinking I should try to maintain for a while, but I'm just scared to mess anything up. Huh, I think I'll go research some on this topic.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #108

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hope that you are all feeling a bit less headachy and getting some sleep. You all know who you are, lol.

I wisely refrained from weighing in this morning after a huge and delicious CHinese meal yesterday, calories, sodium and I suspect MSG all through the roof.

Enjoying my DD, tuna for lunch, green salad this evening, and a couple of diet cokes in the pub shortly should get me into my comfort zone.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
This is really interesting to me, and maybe should be added to the thread about when your body just needs a rest from WLM. I've lost basically 20% (holy cow, really??!!) of my body weight since last October--if my math's correct. There's a reason I was an English major! I keep coming back to thinking I should try to maintain for a while, but I'm just scared to mess anything up. Huh, I think I'll go research some on this topic.
Dawn, you HAVE lost more than 20% and I know what you mean about not wanting to mess things up. I think for me that this might help me be successful. What got me started thinking about it is a friend who took a couple of years to lose almost 50 pounds. She lost 25 pounds, maintained it for awhile and then restarted and lost the other 25. I'm just in such a hurry to get the weight off. But truth be told, I've NEVER made it goal! I'm trying to teach myself to CHILL OUT and that I'm okay going slow.

Case in point. The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl. She took 5 years to lose 175 pounds. That's 35 pounds a year - 3 pounds a month! But what success! She went from 351 to 176 and decided to go into maintenance. Put some weight back on after 4 or 5 years and now is just trying to be healthier.

Just trying on new ideas so maybe this time I can be successful. I don't want to end up losing this weight for a fourth or fifth time.

This is one article I read:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/idea...r-happy-weight

Last edited by ellgee; 05-06-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

For anyone who decides to maintain for a time, come on over to maintenance lane and join the conversation. I think it does a couple things. You are basically maintaining now, but if you do it on purpose, mentally, it is so much easier. Plus it seems just as easy to maintain eating 700 cals on a dd as 400, so why not? I encourage it. And it won't mess anything up, you'll just maintain, rest, relax and gear up for when you get back to it. Practicing maintenance makes a lot of sense actually.

Headache for me today too. Storms coming in tonight, and I get barometric headaches as well. Ov yesterday might be contributing too. It certainly contributed to the 2 pound bounce up on the scale this morning. Ugh. Somehow I'm already at 584 cals for this dd. Staying under 800 might be tough.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I'm sticking to it!

I had 120 calories left to eat at 6pm tonight.

I made a batch of coconut cupcakes for my kids to take to school tomorrow for lunch. (coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs, shredded coconut, maple syrup and vanilla.) They smelled SO GOOD that I actually figured out the calorie count! They are 246 cals per cupcake. I hemmed and hawed and when all was said and done I PASSED UP the warm, fresh from the oven cupcake in favor of 120 calories of canadian bacon.

I'm in shock. But I did it.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Hello my fellow maintainers!
Just thought I'd check in. Hope those of you with headaches feel better soon.
I've been maintaining having fasting to 300 cal DD and FD on UDs. I was really getting carried away with the sweets. I've decided to track my UD calories and focus on whole foods for 2 weeks. I've really enjoyed the freedom of not tracking calories on UDs and after 2 weeks I'll go back to that. I'm not really looking to lose more. I just need to reel myself in a little!! Have any other maintainers ever felt like they needed to do simaliar?
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Hello my fellow maintainers!
Just thought I'd check in. Hope those of you with headaches feel better soon.
I've been maintaining having fasting to 300 cal DD and FD on UDs. I was really getting carried away with the sweets. I've decided to track my UD calories and focus on whole foods for 2 weeks. I've really enjoyed the freedom of not tracking calories on UDs and after 2 weeks I'll go back to that. I'm not really looking to lose more. I just need to reel myself in a little!! Have any other maintainers ever felt like they needed to do simaliar?
Oop! Meant to post that in the maintainers thread! At least anything goes here right!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #114

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
For anyone who decides to maintain for a time, come on over to maintenance lane and join the conversation. I think it does a couple things. You are basically maintaining now, but if you do it on purpose, mentally, it is so much easier. Plus it seems just as easy to maintain eating 700 cals on a dd as 400, so why not? I encourage it. And it won't mess anything up, you'll just maintain, rest, relax and gear up for when you get back to it. Practicing maintenance makes a lot of sense actually.

Headache for me today too. Storms coming in tonight, and I get barometric headaches as well. Ov yesterday might be contributing too. It certainly contributed to the 2 pound bounce up on the scale this morning. Ugh. Somehow I'm already at 584 cals for this dd. Staying under 800 might be tough.
Quote:
Dawn, you HAVE lost more than 20% and I know what you mean about not wanting to mess things up. I think for me that this might help me be successful. What got me started thinking about it is a friend who took a couple of years to lose almost 50 pounds. She lost 25 pounds, maintained it for awhile and then restarted and lost the other 25. I'm just in such a hurry to get the weight off. But truth be told, I've NEVER made it goal! I'm trying to teach myself to CHILL OUT and that I'm okay going slow.

Case in point. The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl. She took 5 years to lose 175 pounds. That's 35 pounds a year - 3 pounds a month! But what success! She went from 351 to 176 and decided to go into maintenance. Put some weight back on after 4 or 5 years and now is just trying to be healthier.

Just trying on new ideas so maybe this time I can be successful. I don't want to end up losing this weight for a fourth or fifth time.

This is one article I read:

How Much Should You Weigh? Ideal Weight and Happy Weight
Based on the bolded above, as well as all the waffling I've been doing back and forth with the idea, I've decided to shoot for maintaining the rest of May. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start having 750 calorie DDs and keep my current 2100 UDs. Technically, that's still WLM, but at the higher end, and I don't want to shock my poor decrepit body into totally rebelling. I'm so looking forward to a good higher DD tomorrow, and am really hoping this will help to rest and relax for a little while.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Dawn I think that's a great idea and I'll be watching very closely because I think I may do the same after I get to 10%.

What Tina said about being able to relax mentally is so appealing. I know you and I have been through the wringer lately with lackluster weight loss. Imagine being happy to stay the same!!

And a DD of 750!!! OMG! That sounds decadent! I had a real tough DD today and was thinking of going higher. Hanging on though.

Good luck!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Based on the bolded above, as well as all the waffling I've been doing back and forth with the idea, I've decided to shoot for maintaining the rest of May. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start having 750 calorie DDs and keep my current 2100 UDs. Technically, that's still WLM, but at the higher end, and I don't want to shock my poor decrepit body into totally rebelling. I'm so looking forward to a good higher DD tomorrow, and am really hoping this will help to rest and relax for a little while.
Dawn, I think this is a good decision for you. Pop on over to Maintenance Lane and join us there for the month.

I'm realizing a pattern. If my UD's drop below 1500, I gain. Doesn't really matter what my dd's are, happens in wlm or maintenance. And I haven't been reaching that level lately. Been around 1450-1480. And I'm up a couple pounds.

So today is an UD, and I'm shooting for 1550-1600. It is SO counter intuitive to see the scale up and make myself eat more! I'm going to calculate some 2 day averages and see if there's more to it than just UD cals, but I really think that's what's happening.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Dawn

I'm so glad you made the decision to go into maintenance mode for a bit.

It will not only give your body a rest but will take some pressure off of you.

I will be watching with interest.

Tina

Oh, I had to smile when you said that upping the calories is SO counter intuitive! I had a few spells myself when I would bounce up and not come down. So, I bit the bullet and added more calories, and voila!

That is why, even after all these months, I'm still astounded by JUDDD!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
OK since anything goes here....I need help adding a ticker to my sig. I had one before, but I don't remember how I put it there. Would appreciate any help you can give. TIA!
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msack3889 View Post
OK since anything goes here....I need help adding a ticker to my sig. I had one before, but I don't remember how I put it there. Would appreciate any help you can give. TIA!
Here you go
Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)
Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Thank you, Adi
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote