Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Vanilla, I vote for posting the weights, despite my total respect for your privacy. Why?
1. Because of the totally non-judgemental vibe here. You are loved, sister.
2. I'm not smart enough to decipher your +/- stats.
3. I only get near a scale about twice a week, so reading the high-seas drama of the daily weight thread is better than watching adventure movies, in my opinion. I LOVE watching all of our stories unfold. I yell with happiness when the numbers go down, I yell with frustration and compassion when they go up temporarily, and I gnash my teeth with the stalls. I dunno. I just love that we're all in this together.
Just my ridiculous two cents. Have a beautiful day.
Aw, , I do know I'm loved by my JUDDD BUDDDs. I think I'm more worried about someone IRL coming up to me and going "you're vanilla latte on LCF" aren't you?!!" All I'd be thinking about is "OMG, my weight is splattered all over that board!" It's also why I don't speak of anything personal - although there are so many times I want to shared stuff!!!

And yeah, I know the numbers would be easier to see that the plus or minus. Thank you for your UNridiculous two cents!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I'm spending WAYYY too much time on this forum, don't you think?
Um .. NO!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Time really flies when raising kids; the best advice is to definitely cherish every moment, and even their antics!

We had only one, a daughter whose "tactics" growing up nearly drove us crazy, yet they apparently were the foundation that provided her own success. Oh my gosh… her arguments, tenacity, and her constant, insistent lobbying were things we didn’t find helpful, nor did we find them to be charming in any way! But, it’s easy to laugh now, looking back, realizing that she was merely honing her own skills! She is a deputy prosecuting attorney. She lives barely five miles from us, and even being that close, we see her only two or three times a month.

Reading your posts about seeing your own children grow up and move on to college reminds me of what it's like to let go. Years back, I wrote her a letter just before she graduated from college. It was long and mushy and ended with these words,

“This day has come so quickly — you are about to graduate from college! It has taken your dad and I every bit of this time to realize that you do not completely belong to us at all, at least not in the way we believed on that day you were born. In truth, God merely lent you to us, until you were ready for the world — and we were so very privileged for it.”

NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Time really flies when raising kids; the best advice is to definitely cherish every moment, and even their antics!

We had only one, a daughter whose "tactics" growing up nearly drove us crazy, yet they apparently were the foundation that provided her own success. Oh my gosh… her arguments, tenacity, and her constant, insistent lobbying were things we didn’t find helpful, nor did we find them to be charming in any way! But, it’s easy to laugh now, looking back, realizing that she was merely honing her own skills! She is a deputy prosecuting attorney. She lives barely five miles from us, and even being that close, we see her only two or three times a month.

Reading your posts about seeing your own children grow up and move on to college reminds me of what it's like to let go. Years back, I wrote her a letter just before she graduated from college. It was long and mushy and ended with these words,

“This day has come so quickly — you are about to graduate from college! It has taken your dad and I every bit of this time to realize that you do not completely belong to us at all, at least not in the way we believed on that day you were born. In truth, God merely lent you to us, until you were ready for the world — and we were so very privileged for it.”

That is beautiful. And soooo true. Love it. And I love the idea of writing a letter upon their college graduation.

LOL because our oldest wants to be an attorney as well, and I SO can relate to the arguing/negotiating/lobbying/splitting hairs through the years. I think I knew by the time he was 5 he'd make an excellent lawyer.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
That's lovely, No-Weigh.

vanilla latte, the reason is that you are a three-dimensional being. The tape measure judges what it can, along a line it travels. Clothing can tell more, but has limitations, too. The eye sees the whole picture.

I'm going to jump into June, vanilla latte, and post my weight daily, I think.

Also like vanilla latte, I'm going to start June with going back to my usual schedule of MWF DDs and TThSat UDs, Sun MDs. Since coming back to the boards and considering myself having a "new start" I stuck with straight rotation a while. But the convenience of the calendar is a no-brainer for me and has always worked well. DDs 600, UDs 1900, MDs 1200.
I'm still trying to decide what I'm gonna do about that. Thanks with the three-dimensional aspect - hadn't thought of that before!

I really like that rotation. It works very good for me as far not having to think about anything. It's enough to track my UD calories, which I really hate having to do, but I guess the upside is fearing not eating enough as opposed to having eaten too much!

Here's to June losses!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
T..our oldest wants to be an attorney as well, and I SO can relate to the arguing/negotiating/lobbying/splitting hairs through the years. I think I knew by the time he was 5 he'd make an excellent lawyer.
It sounds like he is well on his way! He is fortunate that you realize those can be "skills"!

Ours told us when she was in seventh grade that she wanted to be an attorney as she put to, "to argue and get paid for it". At the time we thought it was humorous, however she never did waiver from her objective, and indeed now she does get paid for it!

I guess if I had an extra wish to spend it might be to have her back as a 3 or 4 year-old for a weekend. THAT would be fun! I miss that little person!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post

LOL because our oldest wants to be an attorney as well, and I SO can relate to the arguing/negotiating/lobbying/splitting hairs through the years. I think I knew by the time he was 5 he'd make an excellent lawyer.
I raised one of those too but he ended up as an engineer. For some reason I can't imagine engineers with those personality traits but he is what he is..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Today is the last day of May, tomorrow I step on the scale! Two weeks ago I bought a pair of white pants ( peddle pushers we use to call them, but these are a bit longer, not sure what they call them ). Anyway I bought them at a church sale! Got home, way too tight! I just tried them on tonight and they fit! So no matter what the scale says I am happy!

Tomorrow is also our anniversary - 49!

This WOE does indeed work, just love it! I want to Thank Each & Everyone Here! You have been so helpful to me and I appreciate you all so very much!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #338
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a whine. Tomorrow is the last day of school and we have to go to a luncheon furnished by some group. Menu is hamburgers, I just don't want to waste my UD calories on a cold bun with a dried out HB patty and a few pickles and a lettuce leaf served with potato chips. Pout.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:17 AM   #339
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I have a whine. Tomorrow is the last day of school and we have to go to a luncheon furnished by some group. Menu is hamburgers, I just don't want to waste my UD calories on a cold bun with a dried out HB patty and a few pickles and a lettuce leaf served with potato chips. Pout.
Just nibble, then have a wonderfully decadent dinner.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Hi all - I just need a place to vent. I spent all of May losing 4 pounds. 4.5 weeks of good rotations and good exercise to lose those 4 pounds and then re-gained it overnight last night -- WHILE KEEPING TO CALORIE LIMITS. I know its just a scale bounce and we should expect that on some UDs but I've never had one like this. It's probably the impact of a particularly carby and salty menu yesterday even though it was on plan calorie-wise. I did do some weight training on Wed and my muscles feel sore so another clue for water retention but it feels like a whole month has been undone for no reason. I am drinking my lemon water today and going to have a good DD but this is so discouraging to see. The scale is definitely NOT my friend. Aaaaaargh.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #341
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Hi all - I just need a place to vent. I spent all of May losing 4 pounds. 4.5 weeks of good rotations and good exercise to lose those 4 pounds and then re-gained it overnight last night -- WHILE KEEPING TO CALORIE LIMITS. I know its just a scale bounce and we should expect that on some UDs but I've never had one like this. It's probably the impact of a particularly carby and salty menu yesterday even though it was on plan calorie-wise. I did do some weight training on Wed and my muscles feel sore so another clue for water retention but it feels like a whole month has been undone for no reason. I am drinking my lemon water today and going to have a good DD but this is so discouraging to see. The scale is definitely NOT my friend. Aaaaaargh.
Not to fear. I am used to greater gains than those since I am a himan sponge. A few days of lemon water and added seal salt to my water takes care of it. The scale does not rule my life anymore either. I just weigh everyday and record the results. I know I am going down each day.
It is unlikely you consumed 14,000 calories yesterday that resulted in actual fat gain so hang in there and keep on keeping on.

Dawn - I think I will do as you suggest. Get my food and play with it. I doubt if anyone notices I don't eat it but I am sure it would be noticed if I did not go through the serving line. Of course, I can always hope that the burgers are better than in years past.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Hi my JUDDD buds,

I've been MIA because I'm taking a bit of a sabbatical from posting because I have so many other things to tend to that had been neglected and I was spending way too much time on the computer.

I scanned the threads and see that everyone is doing so well and that makes me very happy.

Am still maintaining quite steadily at a desirable weight which makes one aspect of my life quite easy.
It's been 8 months now that I've been on JUDDD, and I have to say it was one of the best decisions I've ever made in the diet realm. It's so natural for me to eat this way now.

I was missing you all so thought I'd let you know that I will be reading and try to keep up with all your successes.

hugs,

Gracie's Journal

Last edited by sazzie; 06-01-2012 at 06:56 AM..
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Adi, hope springs eternal. LOL. Def just take some and nibble, then eat something good later. And if your nibble proves the food to be worth eating, well then, enjoy!

Opening night tonight for the musical revue dd and I are in. Cast party after the show tomorrow involves pizza. For once, I think I'm glad I'm allergic to cheese, since tomorrow is a dd, and I'd want to eat it otherwise. I'll have some popcorn and call it good.

eta: Hey Gracie! Good to see you and to hear that all is well with you. I need to back off the computer a bit for summer too. Lots of projects needing my attention. You look so pretty and happy in your avi!

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 06-01-2012 at 07:05 AM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Break a leg, Tina!
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
So happy this morning. Had a mini whoosh during TOM. When does that ever happen?

NoWeigh my little girl is almost 2 and has been a HANDFUL from the moment she was born. We have 2 of the sweetest little boys ever but boy OH boy is my baby girl a high needs child. I often tell my husband if she had been our first, she would have been our last so maybe that explains your daughter being your only child That makes me think I should suggest a career in law once daughter gets older.

DD today and picnic so preparing some fresh veggies for me.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-01-2012 at 07:16 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #346

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Feeling your pain and your frustration. I know you are doing everything right and you are deserving of a Whoosh not a bounce.

Sending you

Lovely to see you Gracie.

Adi, hope the buyer is better than you expect, but yeah, just nibble. If anyone asks tell them you have a special meal planned for the evening, cos you do!

Big 4 day weekend coming up here in the UK with our Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. It is wonderful to see the country so happy and proud of her, the flags are going up everywhere and there is just a lovely atmosphere.

I have some issues timing my rotations but I am not too concerned if I gain a little wight in such good cause, lol.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Gracie!! Lots going on in my house right now so my posting will be limited as well. Glad you are doing so good, and your new avi is beautiful!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #348

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It's June, we need a new thread....
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

I tried to start a June thread. Don't know how. Anybody? (it's June 2nd! Why's everyone so quiet?)
Old 06-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #350

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Here it is . . . . June Daily Chat Thread - Come on in!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Dawn.