Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
blabbermouth for the help. It has to get easier...cant see it getting harder. How do you handle it if a holiday comes on a DD? Just thought of that. My name is Lisa by the way that or Mamalaw either one works.
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
you can change the order of things if you need to, but it's not recommended for the first 2 weeks.

For instance Mon is a holiday and a DD for me. I am not changing it because I don't particularly care about the foods on this holiday. BUT if I wanted to, I could throw a medium day into the mix (add your UD cals and your DD cals and divide by two to get the average cals) so that I alter the schedule and make Mon an UD.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Catherine A, hi I really like your puppy dog! I am finally "sporting" a personal avatar, too (favorite flower marigolds), and I know that it's fun to make but also a hard decision to pick one! All best wishes as you become marvelously healthy.

Dckisses, Catherine had good advice for you! Might as well just find out and make your plan from there! It's all good.

mamalaw, I did it too. I'm a little embarrassed, but I know I can move ahead with confidence that I'll do better another day. You will, too! Sheridan is wise - listen to her.

When I was a part of the JUDDD forum here a couple years back, a favorite saying to share with each other was,

"We can do hard things."
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineA View Post
Hi everyone - I'm jumping into your chat group - trying to stay on course with JUDDD. Am in my 7th month of recovery from heart surgery (aneurysm/dissection) and did nothing but eat until starting here on 5/4. I'm three weeks in and down 11+ lbs. Starting to get the hang of JUDDD but need to stay connected to other JBs to stay on track...

tomorrow is Day 21!

Catherine
Welcome Catherine. You are off to a great start! Staying in touch here is SO helpful when it gets tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
I'm new and in need of help. Today was to be a DD and I blew it 1300 instead of 463. What do I do?? Should I make tomorrow a DD or just stick to the rotation? If I posted this in the wrong spot I am sorry. Lisa
Sheridan is spot on. Forgive yourself and move on. UD tomorrow, and shoot for a better DD next time. PLAN, PLAN, and PLAN some more. Plan your UD and your DD. Don't put it in your mouth until you've logged it. And if it's something off your plan, figure out what you'll take out later to make up for it. Think of it as a calorie budget you have to spend, and just like real money, you need to get the most bang for your buck.

At first, it IS ok to put 100-200 calories 'in reserve' in case you need them. Sometimes just knowing they are there is enough, and you never go for them. But use them if needed. After a few DD's, it gets easier and you can drop the calories lower.

Dk--just bite the bullet and do it. The longer you wait, the harder it will be. Why do you think it will be horrible? Have you been blowing past your numbers? Or not eating enough? Whatever it is, it's better to know so you can deal with it.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Friends!!

Sorry I've been missing for a bit. I miss all of you And I want to give a big to all the new JUDDD buds! I know you are in the best of hands with the buds here!

Well, JB's, would you believe that after 6 months of constant prowling the forum, that things outside the computer actually need my attention? It seems there are these little cleaning - organizing - remodeling projects around the house that have been calling me. Among other things I need/want to do outside the 'net.

So as much as I WANT TO, I am unable to keep up with the forum (though I do check in and read when I can, and I'm always offering my silent support or congrats!)

I just wished I could reply to ALLLLL the threads all the time! -- It really bothered me for a while when I couldn't do that, but I've accepted now that it's OK - and probably healthier I was spending sooo many hours each day - two hours would become three, would become four, and so on....

I'm sure things will be cyclical and there will come a time I am replying a lot again. Or at least to posts here and there.

Well I just wanted to pop in and say "hello". I give you big and to you all! Well wishes to all! I you guys!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 05-25-2012 at 06:09 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
sophie

Catherine

I look forward to weighing myself every other day-after a DD. I have been especially "good" lately, and after a nice whoosh, some of it got taken back for no reason, so I am disappointed and taking the weight off AGAIN. I have only lost just under 13 pounds since 1/13.

In ******, I set up a goal for 34 pounds from that date till 7/1. That means a lose of under 1.5 lb/week, certainly doable on any diet, really, I think. Hasn't happened. I stick to the DDs religiously but there have been some UUAA days, for sure. Not that many, though, over the course of over 5 months.

I just think there is no magic for me, just hard work. I'm not afraid of that, I just get IMPATIENT. And as some of you know, I am REALLY HUNGRY and light headed on DDs.

I shall keep keeping on though, and on a brighter note, I went "closet shopping" this morning, and found some of the clothes that didn't fit for a while, now do, or almost do. And a nice pantsuit I bought when I weighed more, is now kinda baggy in the pants. I will get it altered. I have LOTS of clothes, and want to be able to wear all of them. As a matter of fact, I have the day off today, and I think I will see what Macy's has on sale

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Sophie, well you were certainly very cool to be here and welcome me back! I'll be happy to see you next time you do post. I hope you get lots of projects well done, and feel super successful at them. Nice hair in the new photo, btw!

Scotty, so you have lost about 2.5 per month for 5 months, for a yearly rate of 30 pounds? Well, that wouldn't happen for ME on any other diet unless I was back in my 20s! LOL. It would happen the first month, sure, then s-l-o-w-d-o-w-n. So I think you have done VERY well and though you may shake your head over me, I'm still impressed and I'm not kidding.

Yes, I see your point about wondering why it might not have been more, and it's true I would not have been surprised if you reached 20 by now on consistent JUDDD, or possibly even the low 20s. But you still did great. I don't think you could have reached 34 in 6 months on diets in general as you mentioned, because in my memory of chatting about weight loss, that rate would usually be reserved for men (sure), for women who begin with quite a lot to lose, or for very young women.

My 550 calorie DD is going well, since it's past "lunchtime" and I've only had my half-apple. Time to break some eggs!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Whitlin' thanks for the input and insight.

You are probably right. And I know that as we WOMEN get older it's even more difficult to lose.

Well, the only times I wish I were a man is when I have to pee in the woods, or when I want to lose weight quickly-
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Scotty, this made me laugh out loud!

I was another that lost very slowly. I was fine with that though, because never before would I have thought I could lose at all without being very restricted! Never had a weight issue until past 50. Now at 59, I really don't mind being one of the turtles! I am really enjoying maintenance and am anxious for everyone to be there!

Cheering you on.....with AND !!! (bet you are close?)

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

My goodness, I just ducked in to the daily-weigh thread and now I have to catch my breath! So much happy bits of news for people in such a little space on the last few pages.

I've had a good few days but still haven't bounced back from the BOUNCE (excursion?) that happened to me after I was briefly sick. I guess the comfort foods were actually meaner to me than the sickness, or at least they lasted longer.

But I was only up .5 after UD, then down 1 after yesterday's DD. So this is good news.

I agree with Phyl, you are a funny one, Scotty! I am headed back to maintenance again, Phyl - yes, happy for everyone who gets there or who sees that it is possible after all and enjoys the journey.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Hi all. I am back from by DS' graduation in NY. My first day there (Thursday) I must have gotten a touch of food poisoning from something at one of the open houses. Fruit tray most likely. Mild case but still very inconvenient for trying to attend all of the graduation activities with thousands of people around and limited bathrooms. But I did attend everything and tried not to embarrass only child.

Scale is way down but that is due to barely eating for three days. The severe abdominal pain is still with me but I am having breakfast in spite of it. Trying my best to eat today since it is an UD.Trying to stay hydrated. Adding sea salt to my water and taking potassium pills to help.

Here is a family photo on the field after graduation. Look at how too big my dress is. I didn't realize how far off my shoulders the sleeves were hanging. Darn and it is one of my favorites and I haven't worn it in several years since it was too small. I tried on the skirt a week before we left and it was fine although loose so I didn't think about it actually being TOO big to wear.

Got home last night and tried to eat some soup but it just smelled awful to me so the yard dog got the rest. It was a DD so that was alright.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #312
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry you got sick Adi, what a pity.

I love the photo of your family, you look lovely although, I agree, the outfit is a little big on you. What a handsome son you have too.

Good work Whitlin.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Adi, you have a lovely family! Congrats to DS. I know you must be so proud. And and that your dress is too big--it's tough to give up favorites.

Busy weekend celebrating my oldest's 19th birthday. Got a little blue thinking about how quickly the time passed, and how we only have another year with him home (he's attending community college for one more year close to home, and then transferring to a 4-yr college 2 hours from here). How do you ever adjust to them being gone?

Had a high DD yesterday, but going on with my UD today anyway.

Busy week of rehearsals. Dd14 and I are in a community theater production this coming weekend, so this is dress rehearsal week. Lots to do during the day too, so may be a little scarce here.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Tina - Having DS go 2000 miles away to school was extremely hard for us but then we are older parents and he is an only child. After having our world revolve around him for 19 years, it was a BIG adjustment. That is when I started making goat milk soap. I had to do something to keep me from dwelling on the fact that he was not here. It sure helped. Making and selling soap does not sound like much but it is an activity that keeps you busy. I am not sure you ever adjust, just keep on going.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

adillenal - Maybe this is the dress that is worth a trip to an Alterations Shop!?! What a good-looking family, and a handsome 2nd Lieutenant. If the abdominal pain is still with you then you are having it much worse than I did, so I'm very sorry. I do think this is the time of year (in US) that things like this happen - sometimes food left out in temperatures that get really warm, or food in vehicles traveling to events on hot days, or food waiting too long on a buffet table.

Getting used to children growing up - When my older dd went away for her Masters, she found her husband. So we have had to settle for seeing them every month or two since, and with the economy they don't have the ability to move closer in the foreseeable future. I'm not as keen on sending children AWAY for good educations any more!!! LOL!

I have 550 calories left for my UD. That's the same amount I have for the whole of a DD, so I should be able to enjoy a very nice supper.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #316

A much loved daughter in Australia... tough doesn't begin to describe it. Love you MintQ8.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Whitlin - I am an expert seamstress but absolutely hate doing alterations on my own clothes. I am busy today sorting clothes to donate and if I close my eyes and stuff it into the bag it won't be so bad. in the process of going through my closet I have found plenty of smaller clothes packed away so I can develop "new" favorites.
At least my formal fit for the banquet. Now that looked nice.
Today I am missing DS even though he is starting his trip home and should be here in a few days. He has another new 2Lt traveling with him and will drop him off in Arkansas. They are going to sightsee a bit on the way. Guess the sadness is late coming.
Kissa - I can't imagine having a child on another continent although that is a possibility I will have to face later. I thought many many miles between us was rough.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #318

You will manage Adi, because that is what we do. And their happiness always comes first.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Hi All! A nice needed work break this week. Only working a couple of hours - the 40-50 hour weeks are behind me until the fall or next spring. Well in two weeks I have one more long week.
I am holding steady at 117. I am not able to up my workouts, and get more sleep so I am hoping for some more weight loss.
We are leaving for a five day trip to Canada a week from Thurs, to see DH family, and I am hoping to be down a couple more pounds! I know there will be plenty of good food, and beverages.
I need to catch up on more posts!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You will manage Adi, because that is what we do. And their happiness always comes first.
This is so true.

So far, ds has expressed a desire to remain in the midwest anyway, and within our state if possible. He has aspirations of attending law school, so could likely find work in 1 of the big cities near us. If so, he'd only be 2-3 hours away, which is certainly manageable to visit on a regular basis. It's the every night at the dinner table, and chatting about their day that seems so hard to give up. And with homeschooling, I'm even more used to having them around. With him working and going to college (even commuting), he's gone a lot now though, so it's a gradual letting go, which I think will help.

And it's not like my nest will be empty for a while. I've also got a 16 yo, 14yo and 5yo at home.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Quote:
Originally Posted by northandcold23 View Post
Hi All! A nice needed work break this week. Only working a couple of hours - the 40-50 hour weeks are behind me until the fall or next spring. Well in two weeks I have one more long week.
I am holding steady at 117. I am not able to up my workouts, and get more sleep so I am hoping for some more weight loss.
We are leaving for a five day trip to Canada a week from Thurs, to see DH family, and I am hoping to be down a couple more pounds! I know there will be plenty of good food, and beverages.
I need to catch up on more posts!
OOPS suppose to say I am NOW able
northandcold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Hi Cindy. Happy travels in Canada.
Tina, my kids are 23 and 25 this summer and are both adventurous people who rarely come home. Whenever I get moody about that, they say two things (which I am sometimes irritated by):
1. Are you following your own dreams Mum, because you seem awfully involved in ours.
2. Mum, let the hostages go.
I don't know why I'm telling you this! It isn't advice. It could be that I'm envious of your having three of their beautiful faces in front of you every day, still. It could be that from my point on the parenting trajectory, it looks like life ends up being fabulous no matter where the wee ones end up.
Have a great day and thanks for the reminder to enjoy all of it,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Joyjoy, thanks, #2 made me laugh. And until they have their own, they have no idea that our dreams our so wrapped up in them. Sounds like the key will be rediscovering my own dreams as the relentless demands of parenting begin to ease as the youngest gets older. I think I used to have some.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Adi what a lovely family, your son looks so much like his mom! You must be so proud of him. It's always better for our clothes to be getting looser rather than tighter, don't you think.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
You guys are making me so sad this morning I have a 7 year old, a 3 year old, and a 20 month old so I've got a while before they leave the nest but just the thought of it is terrifying. I quit my job right after college to stay with them and have never gone back so I better get busy "building" a new life or take up crochet.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #326
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
You guys are making me so sad this morning I have a 7 year old, a 3 year old, and a 20 month old so I've got a while before they leave the nest but just the thought of it is terrifying. I quit my job right after college to stay with them and have never gone back so I better get busy "building" a new life or take up crochet.
I would suggest knitting rather than crochet. So much more relaxing for me. it is like therapy. I knitted all the way through college. Plus hand knitted items are so cool.

PLUS my baby arrived home in the wee hours of the morning for 30 days so I am happy as a clam this morning although I am at work and he is at home. He is pulling a UHaul trailer and I can just imagine how much "stuff" he has collected during the last four years. Upstairs will look like a storage unit. BUT I don't care.

And thanks muffabuff. He has my red hair and blood type but when he was younger he did not resemble me at all but that has changed. I have to claim him for sure now.

Last edited by adillenal; 05-31-2012 at 06:28 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for ds being home! LOL at the storage unit. It's amazing how fast stuff accumulates.

And I LOVE knitting!!!! Taught myself about 2 1/2 years ago. It is def therapeutic. (not at first, my hands and shoulders would get sooo tense, lol). But now, I can get in the groove and just tune everything else out. I love knitting in the car too (when someone else is driving of course). Just started a little cotton shrug to wear with a sleeveless dress I can get into again.

Elise--just be aware and treasure the moments. Some days, it's all you can do to just white knuckle it through and get to bedtime, and I gotta be honest and say I don't really miss those. LOL. I'd go back around and do it all again just the same.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
(I posted this in the daily weight thread, so if you went there first before here and get that deja vu feeling, that's why. )

I knew I was being overly optimistic in my goal of reaching Onderland. My body seems to rebel when I set goals.

Although June is a busy month and will be a challenge from mid-month on, I'm going to try to be more diligent in tracking my UD calories and go back to weighing daily until then. Although I hate the bounce, the suspense of weighing weekly either elates or deflates me. I think I need to see what the calorie counts are doing or not doing with my daily weight. The tape measure doesn't do much to provide encouragement. Wonder why I can see my body changing, but the tape measure doesn't budge.

I like to try to keep as much privacy as I can, so I don't know if I'll list my weight or stick with my + or -, even though I'm sure it'd be much easier to see the actual numbers for most everyone.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Vanilla, I vote for posting the weights, despite my total respect for your privacy. Why?
1. Because of the totally non-judgemental vibe here. You are loved, sister.
2. I'm not smart enough to decipher your +/- stats.
3. I only get near a scale about twice a week, so reading the high-seas drama of the daily weight thread is better than watching adventure movies, in my opinion. I LOVE watching all of our stories unfold. I yell with happiness when the numbers go down, I yell with frustration and compassion when they go up temporarily, and I gnash my teeth with the stalls. I dunno. I just love that we're all in this together.
Just my ridiculous two cents. Have a beautiful day.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

I'm spending WAYYY too much time on this forum, don't you think?