Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   is it legal to have 5 pieces of cake on up day? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/770055-legal-have-5-pieces-cake-up-day.html)

lylydvd 05-01-2012 01:49 PM

is it legal to have 5 pieces of cake on up day?

ok,it's my up day and i had a craving for cakes for very long time so today i bought a box full of cakes with all varieties and ate 5 pieces of them:yummy:..then i weighed them(before eating offcourse:D) and the scale says 400 gram when i calculate their calories i come with this unbelievable number only 1500 calories or even less..who can believe this ?i ate 5 pieces of cake today and still have 500 calories remaining -and i hope i will chose healthier foods the next time..but don't you think that it's amazing to eat all the cakes as apart of your weight loss program?! -regardless of the stomach burning i have right now because of cakes:stars:

Yam-Yam 05-01-2012 02:26 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: It's legal!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As you JUDD your way along, you will probably be craving other kinds of foods. But, it's fun to get it out of your system and know you don't have to feel guilty!:jumpjoy:

Kissa 05-01-2012 02:33 PM

Oh I love you! It is certainly legal, though perhaps not recommended.:stars:

But hey, you are within your calories. My guess is that you won't need a cake fix of that type for quite a while.:hyst::hyst::hyst:

Of course we always hope all JUDDDers eat a healthy balanced diet, but life happens, and JUDDD is more forgiving that most.

You may find your DD hard as you haven't nourished your body very healthily on your UD, but equally, you may do just fine.;)

Luna Loca 05-01-2012 02:41 PM

:hyst: Yes, legal, although perhaps not as satisfying once you get the desire for cakes out of your system.

Showcats 05-01-2012 02:42 PM

Of course. All I had on a DD last week was a cupcake! I normally don't eat like that but that is what I wanted.

Yam-Yam 05-01-2012 02:44 PM

On my last DD I had 2 skinny margaritas.(164 calories for 2) :hyst: On my UD I had three!:o

Kissa 05-01-2012 02:53 PM

JUDDD is the best.

sophiethecat 05-01-2012 02:58 PM

That knock on your door is the food police! Someone tipped them off that a suspect ate 5 cakes... Quick - hide the rest of those cakes - Until I get there to eat them with you! :D

:laugh: :hyst: JK of course! :) So glad you are enjoying the formerly "forbidden foods" again! :high5: JUDDD is awesome! I lost weight eating Big Macs & fries, pizza, potato chips, ice cream, etc. :) As long as it fits into your calorie allotment, you can eat 5 or 10 cakes!

Enjoy!!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

zipp2play 05-01-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15624435)
On my last DD I had 2 skinny margaritas.(164 calories for 2) :hyst: On my UD I had three!:o

MY KIND OF GAL!!!! I'm going to party with you!

heyjupiter 05-01-2012 04:04 PM

Quite alright!

I've contemplated just eating gummy bears... I'd probably do it if lack of protein didn't make me sick, lol.

mykidsteacher 05-01-2012 04:15 PM

LOL. It'd make me soooo sick, and my blood sugar might never come down, but yep, it's totally legal.

Do try to get in good protein for supper though, to fuel you up for tomorrow's dd.

Joyjoy 05-01-2012 06:45 PM

Ate three ice cream bars during an UD last week. Felt fabulous for about fifteen minutes. Not sure I'll repeat that experiment, but thrilled to have it fall within JUDDD parameters,
Kristin:heart:

arkie1 05-01-2012 07:00 PM

What a meal! To be honest, I think I've probably done that in the past, when I wasn't JUDDDing...no telling what damage I did then! :o :sick: But, like Sophie, it would probably send my BS into outer space now. So glad you enjoyed them! :yummy:

Carole

dazygyrl 05-01-2012 07:51 PM

may be legal but carbs make me retain horrifically and make my boobs hurt horrendously. yes...that lovely side effect is directly associated with eating carbs....figure THAT ONE out for me!! :confused:

OhioGuy 05-01-2012 10:14 PM

was it carrot cake!! THAT STUFF IS EVIL!!!!!!! trust me!!
cake.... mmmmmmm cake
not just a good food, the BEST BAND EVER! =)

Becky 05-02-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter (Post 15624633)
Quite alright!

I've contemplated just eating gummy bears... I'd probably do it if lack of protein didn't make me sick, lol.

OHHHHHH!!!! Now that would be a very happy menu for me, I adore gummy bears! :D

sterlinggirl 05-02-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 15624475)
MY KIND OF GAL!!!! I'm going to party with you!

:goodpost: I loved this thread.. i laughed soo hard!:hyst::hyst: Dont ya just love JUDDD:sing:

laceylady 05-02-2012 08:00 AM

I'm with you, Kimberly -- I've got tears rolling down my cheeks!! Gotta love this "diet"!!

adillenal 05-02-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioGuy (Post 15625440)
was it carrot cake!! THAT STUFF IS EVIL!!!!!!! trust me!!
cake.... mmmmmmm cake
not just a good food, the BEST BAND EVER! =)

Oh yes, the dreaded carrot cake. It got me on Monday and I puffed up 4 pounds overnight but I am back down and there is pound cake today but not my favorite so I can skip it. Now if she had brought another carrot cake I would be in trouble.

cuttie99 05-02-2012 11:13 AM

Next time invite me to join you!! Yummy! I love cake!!! Gimmme cake!!! lol

monica1210 05-02-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15624435)

Oh I am happy to see I am not the only one that drinks her down day calories! Last night I had wine for dinner! I don't do it often, but my 16 year old daughter is making me PSYCHO! Haha!

monica1210 05-02-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15625152)
may be legal but carbs make me retain horrifically and make my boobs hurt horrendously. yes...that lovely side effect is directly associated with eating carbs....figure THAT ONE out for me!! :confused:

Ok, I really need to slow down and READ EVERY WORD of the posts. This is what I read while speeding through your post "cake makes my boobs hurt".

Not even REMOTELY close to what you said! Haha!

Maybe it's my wine dinner that's making me fuzzy brained.

IThinkICan 05-02-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15625152)
may be legal but carbs make me retain horrifically

I fear this would be my problem too! I'm talking multiple POUNDS of retention. The whole reason why I fear the thought of adding those carby carbs on my JUDDD plan.

Now I'm craving carrot cake... :o

sterlinggirl 05-02-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15626751)
Ok, I really need to slow down and READ EVERY WORD of the posts. This is what I read while speeding through your post "cake makes my boobs hurt".

Not even REMOTELY close to what you said! Haha!

Maybe it's my wine dinner that's making me fuzzy brained.

:laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl: I loved how you read it~

monica1210 05-02-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlinggirl (Post 15626777)
:laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl: I loved how you read it~

Then I sat and pondered that thought for a moment...... Why just cake? I wonder if pie does it too? Then I realized, I think I need a vacation.:p

Yam-Yam 05-02-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15626798)
Then I sat and pondered that thought for a moment...... Why just cake? I wonder if pie does it too? Then I realized, I think I need a vacation.:p

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Babsbabs 05-02-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15626798)

This made me laugh too!:rofl::laugh: but what I really need to know is how do I make a skinny margarita?
Is there a recipe Yam-yam or do I just have the tequila?

Yam-Yam 05-02-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babsbabs (Post 15626826)
This made me laugh too!:rofl::laugh: but what I really need to know is how do I make a skinny margarita?
Is there a recipe Yam-yam or do I just have the tequila?

If you do a Google search "recipe for skinny margarita" you can check out about a dozen different recipes. But, my favorite, and the very least calories is Baja Bob's Sugar Free Margarita mix. It has zero calories. I buy mine at amazon because it qualifies for free shipping. But, you can also order it from Netrition.

Someone said they sell skinny margarita mix at Costco but I've never looked for it there because we live out in the boonies. I do as much of my shopping on line as I possibly can. Our grocery store here is very small.

I also use the Baja Bob's SF mix to make popsicles! I just pour it right into the plastic popsicle maker and freeze them. You could also do it in an ice cube tray. Yum. Love the taste even without tequila.

Yam-Yam 05-02-2012 01:08 PM

Here is a good one:

The Recovering Fat Chick’s Skinny Margarita Recipe

(Only 76.5 calories and 7 g of carbs!)

In a shaker, mix:

the juice of one whole lime
one packet (about 3.5 grams) of stevia
1/2 cup of water
1 ounce of Tequila (I prefer a mid-grade silver Tequila, but go with whatever floats your boat!)
and ice

Shake and serve with a lime wedge. If you prefer your Ritas with salt, rub the glass rim with lime juice and dip in sea salt before pouring. Enjoy!

Babsbabs 05-02-2012 01:14 PM

Thanks Yam-yam! Those all sound good. Will have to try the Popsicles too.
Now back to talking about cake. All this reading about cake has inspired me to pull out the blender. Now just have to decide which kind to make! (UD day here):D