Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: misslowcarbdiva
Stats: 173/138/135
WOE: 72 Atkins
Start Date: Mid Nov (got serious)
Yes!! Last night I ate a chocolate bowl of gelato without feeling guilty! I luv it!!
misslowcarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post

that one word sums up this WOE -- satisfying. It's easy. It's free. It's forgiving. It's just downright special! Thanks, Dr. J -- and all the JUDDD BUDDDs!

^^^this really sums it up!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: llindsey26
Stats: 5'2" - 255 pre VSG on 2/2009, 200/187/135
WOE: lc then JUDDD now Stillman's
Start Date: JUDDD 3/28/12/ Stillmans 11/26/12 again 1/1/14
Well. . . I hate to be the person to be a realist but. . My position:

I despise counting calories. That is why I followed Atkins so many times (and gained weight, lost weight, gained weight. . ) This is the first reason as to why it made it hard for me to accept as a permanent WOE. I had to make the switch in my brain and let my slight OCD take over to make it an "obsession" to count calories.

Some DD are better than others but occasionally I have to convince myself to just make it through another day without giving in.

But thankfully, as of today, I am in it for the long haul because I realize that if I don't my life will probably be cut short like most of the women in my family due to health issues. If anything, I need to do it for my kiddios.

P.s. I am not a depressing person, I swear!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I am "home" with this way of eating.. I love being home~ JUDDD for LIFE~
What she said!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Without even a tiny shadow of doubt in my mind, I will be JUDDDing for life. This is the only woe I have EVER felt completely confident in, not only while actively eating this way, but also knowing that I can maintain this way when I reach goal and not gain it all back and then some like I used to. Also, this is the only woe where I ever got anywhere close to goal and feel that I will actually reach goal. I love the freedom, the knowledge, the health, the weight loss and the satisfaction that JUDDD has given me.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by llindsey26 View Post
Well. . . I hate to be the person to be a realist but. . My position:

I despise counting calories. That is why I followed Atkins so many times (and gained weight, lost weight, gained weight. . ) This is the first reason as to why it made it hard for me to accept as a permanent WOE. I had to make the switch in my brain and let my slight OCD take over to make it an "obsession" to count calories.

Some DD are better than others but occasionally I have to convince myself to just make it through another day without giving in.

But thankfully, as of today, I am in it for the long haul because I realize that if I don't my life will probably be cut short like most of the women in my family due to health issues. If anything, I need to do it for my kiddios.

P.s. I am not a depressing person, I swear!!!
I know what you mean about hating counting calories. I'm not a huge fan of it either, and hate when I hear "It's only ___ calories!" coming out of my mouth. DH is JUDDDing with me and we talk calories of DD foods and I'm just that we're even having that conversation.

BUT. Here's what I know. Maintaining weight loss is hard. Statistics tell us that 95% of people will not keep their weight loss. Why? Because they STOP. They stop doing whatever they were doing to lose the weight and go back to their old habits. Then the weight comes back, bringing a few friends along for the party.

It might seem depressing, but to maintain, you can't STOP. You have to do SOMETHING. If eating the standard American diet kept you thin, everyone would be thin.

I know I have to do something for life. Or go back to being 300 pounds. And JUDDD is the easiest, most freeing and liberating plan that I've ever found. So yeah, I'm a lifer.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: llindsey26
Stats: 5'2" - 255 pre VSG on 2/2009, 200/187/135
WOE: lc then JUDDD now Stillman's
Start Date: JUDDD 3/28/12/ Stillmans 11/26/12 again 1/1/14
I totally agree with you Luna. Tis the number one reason I have accepted I have to change my ways. Hence, why I am JUDDDing now.

I chose this and yes, I WILL JUDDD permanently. Yay!

Last edited by llindsey26; 05-02-2012 at 09:17 AM..
llindsey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Oh, and I didn't mean to guilt you into saying that!! I was talking about my own reaction to your comments, not trying to make you see it my way.

But health IS important, and gets more so the older we get as we see other succumb to poor health. I am convinced that this WOE will extend my and DH's lives, and that's worth a lot!

Cheers to you, Latisha, for lifelong good health!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn007
Stats: 163/164/148
WOE: Low Carb/ JUDDD
Start Date: January 2007
I have only been judding since March 8th and reached goal April 17th. I think at this point I can do this forever. I feel fantastic and I love how it makes you feel plus the health benefits are awesome. There is more to it than just calorie counting.

At first I didn't think I could do JUDDD because I never counted calories in my life. I despised it. Now it is a game and interesting to me just to find out what the calories are in the foods I ate.

Yes... I think I can.

Dawn
Dawn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I know what you mean about hating counting calories. I'm not a huge fan of it either, and hate when I hear "It's only ___ calories!" coming out of my mouth. DH is JUDDDing with me and we talk calories of DD foods and I'm just that we're even having that conversation.

BUT. Here's what I know. Maintaining weight loss is hard. Statistics tell us that 95% of people will not keep their weight loss. Why? Because they STOP. They stop doing whatever they were doing to lose the weight and go back to their old habits. Then the weight comes back, bringing a few friends along for the party.

It might seem depressing, but to maintain, you can't STOP. You have to do SOMETHING. If eating the standard American diet kept you thin, everyone would be thin.

I know I have to do something for life. Or go back to being 300 pounds. And JUDDD is the easiest, most freeing and liberating plan that I've ever found. So yeah, I'm a lifer.
This is a great post
I've experienced that part I bolded so many times I've lost count. I've never even reached goal in my practically two decades of dieting, and yet I still wasn't ever able to maintain what weight I'd lost over the years for any significant amount of time because I've never found a woe that I felt I could stick to for the long haul until now.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I am in it for the long haul!! Just thinking how wonderful this plan is and all the benefits of it LITERALLY puts a permanent smile on my face. I truly feel blessed to have found it. How cool that we are all in this together for life. Here's to lovin IT, and to lovin my BUDDS! (I could ditto every other post as well)

Phyl...................Also, when counting calories gets "old" from time to time, I remember that it sure doesn't get "old" seeing the reflection of a better ME in a mirror or store window. It's really a very small price to pay!

Last edited by gotitnow; 05-02-2012 at 10:18 AM..
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I can see myself doing this for life, but I think when I reach maintenance I'd rather do weekends off, so 3 down days a week and 4 up days. I'd gladly lower my down day calories 3 times per week in exchange for 4 up days, vs just having higher down days.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I think for the most part - the answer is yes! I believe right now that I can do this forever - but I do worry about getting over it - on occasion.

I too hate counting calories - but I love what's happening - I love how I feel - I love that I can eat what I want - so long as I stay in that dreaded word - calories!!

There's a long road ahead until I hit maintenance...
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/176.5/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
I feel like I have stumbled upon a top secret way of losing weight and improving my health and eating pretty much what I want every other day. I so enjoy life knowing that at special events I can eat and not feel guilty and gain weight that takes 3 months to get off and by that time would of given up. So my answer is Yeppers for Juddd for life!
kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Yeppers!!!! For the duration!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Oh yes! I feel I have finally found what works for me and I feel elated!
And what's a little calorie counting? If I compare it to all the times I spent thinking about food before I found JUDDD I think I'm actually saving myself time by counting calories!

The prospect of being able to maintain my weightloss without any problems motivates me each and every day!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Oh yes! I feel I have finally found what works for me and I feel elated!
And what's a little calorie counting? If I compare it to all the times I spent thinking about food before I found JUDDD I think I'm actually saving myself time by counting calories!

The prospect of being able to maintain my weightloss without any problems motivates me each and every day!
I would much rather take the 3 minutes to write down everything I eat and keep track of my calories than weigh 180 for the rest of my life and be miserable. Not counting calories got me nothing but weight gain, it's a small "inconvience" that I will stick to for the long run.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I would much rather take the 3 minutes to write down everything I eat and keep track of my calories than weigh 180 for the rest of my life and be miserable. Not counting calories got me nothing but weight gain, it's a small "inconvience" that I will stick to for the long run.
Right there, you hit the nail on the head!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
Start Date: Jan 2012
I think this WOE is doable for life so I say YES!!! I love having the freedom of choosing anything i want as long as it fits in to my days calorie counts. I always get frustrated with so many restrictions of other diets telling what i can and can't eat. There is a world of wonderful food out there and I get to enjoy it with no guilt.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Right there, you hit the nail on the head!
You hit it on the head, I just banged on it a little...
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yes, I will always do JUDDD and/or some variation of IF as I do now. It's changed everything for me.

And maintaining with JUDDD/IF is wonderful. You may not have to count calories (at least not as strictly) when you get to maintenance. You may be able to have FDs (free days). You may be able to raise your calorie levels on both UD and DD. Some of us in maintenance are doing 800 - 1000 calorie DDs. Some do FDs with no calorie counting. Some do shorter fasting windows (24 hr instead of 36 hr), etc. All sorts of ways to shake things up to make it even more livable. So that's something else to look forward to in the long haul, is that it only gets easier.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I LOVE LOVE LOVE JUDDD! I will never do anything else again. This has changed my whole life, and it's so enjoyable.

I'm one of those who lost more weight than expected, and have been sitting below goal easily. I continue to eat 600 calories on my DDs because it enables me to eat as much as 3000 calories on my UDs and still stay at a steady weight. I'm flabberghasted! It makes sense, though, when you think of it. If you average the two days, 600 + say, 2800 calories, you get 1700 calories each day and at 5'7", I can maintain on that.

I love the FREEDOM! I'm here to STAY!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote