Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Encouragement for SLOW LOSERS

yes, I tear up with you when someone posts 10 pounds of loss in a week or even a month. yes, I have been frustrated to the point of futile rage.

I lost a whopping 1.2 pounds in April and I am very grateful for that loss.

If this sounds like you, be encouraged to continue with such a livable eating cycle.

During April I bounced almost back up to my start weight with TOM, and it never just falls back off like so many women get to report. Always a struggle. I hovered at a really depressing set point as I have done a zillion times in the past (bounced back up there of course). Yet I persevered with the rotation of up and down days. Squeezed in a full fast day. Didn't give up walking when I can (although not with my injured knee lately), hula hooping for a couple minutes a couple times a week, a little gentle rebounding now and then. I am not a hardcore exerciser at all. Stuck with healthy whole foods with nothing artificial. And today I am sitting here in my old Lucky skinny jeans that were my next goal size with them fitting like a normal human instead of a bakery product. I hate you muffin top. I stored an excessive amount of belly fat over the years and never lost it.
I lost at least a solid inch off of all of my measurements in April. Above bust, mid bust, under bust, natural waist, navel, hips. All at least an inch. My belly fat is dissolving and leaving. My seasonal allergies are improving.
Don't live or die by the scale. Yes, it does tell you something about what is going on in your body, but it is hardly the primary source for info about your health and fitness improving.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Thanks Sweetheart.. I think the scale has been our main goal due to years of conditioning that say.. certain numbers are healthy or unhealthy. I know this from many years of being told i was over weight by a certain number.. I too am struggling with a slower loss.. but its due to an date goal i set up for my self and i should never have done that.. I want to exersie more and look better than what that scale shows
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
yes, I tear up with you when someone posts 10 pounds of loss in a week or even a month. yes, I have been frustrated to the point of futile rage.

If this sounds like you, be encouraged to continue with such a livable eating cycle.

During April I bounced almost back up to my start weight with TOM, and it never just falls back off like so many women get to report. Always a struggle. I hovered at a really depressing set point as I have done a zillion times in the past (bounced back up there of course). Yet I persevered with the rotation of up and down days. Squeezed in a full fast day. Didn't give up walking when I can (although not with my injured knee lately), hula hooping for a couple minutes a couple times a week, a little gentle rebounding now and then. I am not a hardcore exerciser at all. Stuck with healthy whole foods with nothing artificial. And today I am sitting here in my old Lucky skinny jeans that were my next goal size with them fitting like a normal human instead of a bakery product. I hate you muffin top. I stored an excessive amount of belly fat over the years and never lost it.
I lost at least a solid inch off of all of my measurements in April. Above bust, mid bust, under bust, natural waist, navel, hips. All at least an inch. My belly fat is dissolving and leaving. My seasonal allergies are improving.
Don't live or die by the scale. Yes, it does tell you something about what is going on in your body, but it is hardly the primary source for info about your health and fitness improving.
I love to hear about your progress! I love your positive attitude!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Great post!!! Congrations on the skinny lucky jeans!!! Woo-Hooo! bakery product! muffin tops, be gone!!

You are so right about not stressing over the scale. It has lost it's emotional power over me for the most part. Yes, I want to get to goal. However, if I had to choose between feeling great, wearing a size 10 like I am now (with many cute clothes!!) and seeing a magic number on the scale, being grumpy and struggling....

I choose.........the fat burning magic of JUDD!!

BTW: I lost -2.2 in April. It was 2.2# I had already lost in March.

HOWEVER!!!!! I did not gain!!! I'm not gaining back all the fat I lost and I'm feeling so light on my feet which was a huge goal for me. My belly is flat, my muffin top took off with yours. I'm enjoying my long, thinner legs in place of those lumpy jiggly things I did not even recognize! I now have the normal amount of chins. One. And, recently when I wore my swim suit, I noticed the back cleavage is finally gone. lol!

You are doing great and I love this thread! Thank you. We all need this constant reminder and affirmation.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Kimberly: Did you have a whoosh!!!!????
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TraciLew
Stats: 210/208.5/145 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/11/12
I needed to hear this so much! I struggle with the numbers so much. I'm going to buy a tape measure TODAY!
TraciLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I too am a slow loser, but i did indeed lose
Quote:

leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Good lesson to hear and learn! Thank you!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I'm a slow loser and although I'm always excited when someone posts a big loss, I admit I feel a little disheartened because I've never, ever had the kind of success when it comes to numbers that others do. I can't help but wonder what's wrong me or what am I doing wrong.

The flip side is someone who I assume is having the same struggle as me, then they post their weight and they are a feather! I realize and understand that having to lose a handful of pounds can be as frustrating as having to lose 50. So don't bash me, please. I'd give my little pinky to only have to lose 5-10 lbs.

I've been JUDDD'ing again for almost 7 weeks - a week shy of 2 months - and have not even lost 7 lbs. yet. Inches aren't exactly flying off, either. A little, but not alot. Since upping my UD calories, I'm beginning to see some new lows, so yay for that.

I cringe when someone says the number on the scale doesn't matter, but it does to me when it comes time for insurance purposes, medical matters, etc.

Your post is so good, though, in that there are other positives that are going on even when the weight or inches aren't coming off as quickly as we'd like. Glad the inches are melting off you!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Vanilla:

Can't help thinking as I read your post that if Pat were here she would have some thoughts on what's happening with you.

I remember her always saying that for some people, there needs to be other healing that goes on in the body before that body is ready to drop some weight.

There may be internal inflamation and sirtuin proteins have to work on fixing that before going after the fat cells. Hormonal issues are a biggie for all women to be sure.

Yesterday for fun I Googled: "What does SIRT1 do??" and found some incredible websites and videos. There is a whole website dedicated to research, links, on going studies and meds being developed to to stimulate this incredible gene. It has so many anti-aging benefits that I believe if everyone did a bit of homework, they would want to follow this WOE for many, many reasons.

Don't give up, Friend!!! You may be one who needs a bit longer for those special enzymes/proteins to work their magic. It will come. It will!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Great words of wisdom!! (off to find a tape measure too)
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Another slow loser here. I weigh daily, but I just don't let the scale get to me anymore. I enjoy the downs. And know when I see the bounces up, it's going to eventually come off again. I bounced up today, in fact. But I just don't give a flying flip anymore. I do what I can stand and as Popeye always said, I can stands no more. I can only do what I can do for my health. Beyond that, if I've given it my all, my weight will be what it will be. 'nuff said.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
GREAT post (and replies)!! I am also a slow loser and the middle of the month I was a terrible whiner because hormones were making me gain and stick. With a few tweaks and some smart advice from this great group I was able to get weight loss going again at the end of the month and ended the month strong with a 7 pound loss. I feel better, my clothes fit better. I have to remember this feeling the next time (and there most certainly WILL be a next time) that the scale starts to act up, and up and up. Enjoying the ride down now and I hope it never stops but the truth is that as women we have obstacles and barriers that sometimes block our path and the best we can do is what is good for our bodies, control what we can control and use the numbers on the scale as only a small portion of our feedback.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Good thread. I've been feeling I am not doing this right as my loss has been so small (3 lbs that went right back on at the weekend)

I am convinced this is a healthy lifestyle so I'll keep on track as much as I can.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
I was hoping to see those HUGE losses - but really
3 pounds week one and 2 pounds week two..... that's ok and I only starve every other day. I can honestly say all my up days have been over my calorie allotment, so I need to focus on being better. I got the down days whooped.

As long as I see a downward trend - I am ok. I can say that I haven't measured, but the inches aren't flying off so far, but it takes time.

Trying really hard to keep my head in the game and from everything I have read I need to give this two to three months to really kick in..... right?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

^^^Terilyn and Tryingjudd I would KILL for five-seven pounds in a month, let alone two weeks. That isn't slow at all. I'm not unhappy for the people who lose quickly like that- cheering you all on!

I was just sharing for those of us who can lose a whole pound in a month, or like Yam re-lose the same two pounds I lost the month before. I don't want myself or any other slow loser to get discouraged hoping for those huge losses that aint gonna happen. I'm not a stick, not almost at goal, not trying to maintain, or any of that. Right in the big weight loss/fat loss/health improvement game and struggling for every ounce. My hormonal issues make it tricky at best to lose anything. Cheers to all you great losers!
pic from today:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...uffin-top.html

Last edited by b_lou_who; 05-01-2012 at 10:49 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Vanilla:

Can't help thinking as I read your post that if Pat were here she would have some thoughts on what's happening with you.

I remember her always saying that for some people, there needs to be other healing that goes on in the body before that body is ready to drop some weight.

There may be internal inflamation and sirtuin proteins have to work on fixing that before going after the fat cells. Hormonal issues are a biggie for all women to be sure.

Yesterday for fun I Googled: "What does SIRT1 do??" and found some incredible websites and videos. There is a whole website dedicated to research, links, on going studies and meds being developed to to stimulate this incredible gene. It has so many anti-aging benefits that I believe if everyone did a bit of homework, they would want to follow this WOE for many, many reasons.

Don't give up, Friend!!! You may be one who needs a bit longer for those special enzymes/proteins to work their magic. It will come. It will!
Aw, thanks Yam . I know I can feel the effects of the Sirt gene, all the time. DD's are so much easier and I sail through most of them without a big thought to food. Or lack thereof. UD's are, now I that I think about it, harder because I get full so quickly, stay so satisfied longer and have to sneak in calories. Utterly amazing. So, I won't give up. I do see changes in the mirror, so I know good things are going on inside. Thanks, again, for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
As long as I see a downward trend - I am ok. I can say that I haven't measured, but the inches aren't flying off so far, but it takes time.

Trying really hard to keep my head in the game and from everything I have read I need to give this two to three months to really kick in..... right?
Hang in there, Terilynn. Once your DD's don't become so difficult and you actually look forward to them you'll know the Magic is kicking in. And it will happen!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
^^^Terilyn and Tryingjudd I would KILL for five-seven pounds in a month, let alone two weeks. That isn't slow at all. I'm not unhappy for the people who lose quickly like that- cheering you all on!

I was just sharing for those of us who can lose a whole pound in a month, or like Yam re-lose the same two pounds I lost the month before. I don't want myself or any other slow loser to get discouraged hoping for those huge losses that aint gonna happen. I'm not a stick, not almost at goal, not trying to maintain, or any of that. Right in the big weight loss/fat loss/health improvement game and struggling for every ounce. My hormonal issues make it tricky at best to lose anything. Cheers to all you great losers!
pic from today:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...uffin-top.html

OMGosh!!! You look amazing!!! Woo-Hooo!!! You do not have far to go, girl!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Lou, I'm soooooooo glad to see you in a better place. It's frustrating when you are working so hard and not losing the way you want to, but I'm glad you're seeing NSVs that are showing that this WOE is working for you!! Frankly, inches lost is better than pounds lost, in my book. Like someone's stats say, whatever gets me into a size 4-6! Who cares how much you weigh if you look fabulous???
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Your picture looks absolutely amazing! And tonight is my measuring night. I measured on 4/1 and hope to see something change tonight. Oh and I also try on the size 14s I was in before I gained back all this weight.

My loss in April was 3.6. But it was downward, right? Lost a bunch in the beginning and then slowed WAY down. Interested to see what May brings.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

45 more pounds and I would weigh what I weighed going home from the hospital with my firstborn. and that is with nursing boobage and all. I had to borrow a pair of a (eighties juniors true to size not today's vanity sizing) size seven jean to go home in because I didn't own anything that big. Wonder if I will EVER get even close to that. And I felt obese then.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
B lou who Your picture is amazing! If I looked like that I'd be calling goal and moving onto maintenance. Enjoy!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
B lou, you are looking FABULOUS, gal!!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
B_lou, you look fab in that picture!!

I NEVER thought I'd be this weight in my life again. Even when I switched to paleo, it seemed low 130's was as good as it was going to get. While I was close to goal, it still took me quite a while to get there. And then something happened--the healing needed took place, sirt got really cooking, whatever, and it started dropping for me.

We can't see the healing happen, so it seems like nothing is going on. I'm glad you sound like you are in a better place with your progress than you were a few days ago.

The inch lost in all measurements is fantastic! You are sculpting a new you. And the scale will reflect that in time. KUTgreatW
Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
B lou who Your picture is amazing! If I looked like that I'd be calling goal and moving onto maintenance. Enjoy!
Me too! Look at how slender and healthy you look!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Thanks for this,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Lou,
I never EVER would have guessed you're in your 40's... You look SO young in your pic!

(Slinks out of here cuz now I feel guilty about that loss post I made...)
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I want to give you a hug and let you know I'll be joining you soon. I have a lot going on in my body for someone who has been living "naturally" and eating really well for a decade. SO much healing to do. And, as a result, I'm a slow loser. HCGing it's the norm to lose 18-20 pounds in a round and I've had rounds I've lost 8 and struggled to maintain that. I'm just not someone whose body wants to shed fast.

I'm starting JUDDD Monday and can't wait. I'm excited that I don't have to be so restrictive! But I'm not expecting more than a 2 pound loss a month and if I get that I'll be psyched. I know that's just how my body works. And it's not because I only have 10 pounds to drop either. I could stand to lose 45-50. Right now I'm telling myself I'll be fine with 35 and anything beyond that is cake. Point is, there's a good amount that I still have to say goodbye to, but my body hasn't gotten the memo.

You look amazing, truly. I wouldn't just say that-that's not my style. Whatever you're doing is working for you and that may well manifest in something other than the scale moving. But I respect your annoyance because I have it too, so I'll just shaddup and sit next to you knowing that I can't read all these amazing stories and expect the same thing. And that's okay. It's also okay to be cranky about it if I'm having "a day."
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/157/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
B_Lou, thank you so much for posting your thoughts - wonderful and life-affirming! I loved everyone's responses too. There is so much hope and acceptance to be found here. For the first time in my life, I don't feel in a hurry to lose weight. I'm enjoying the stroll.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
B_Lou,

That photo of you is beautiful..

I looked at it and said out loud to myself....this gal has arrived!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote