Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
May Newbies Please Post Here

to JUDDD.

We hope you have all read WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!! and some of the other great Sticky threads at the top of the JUDDD board.

This thread is designed so that you should ask questions and get to know each other. Most of the JUDDD 'old timers' pop in to read and offer advice if they can.

Feel free to post all over the JUDDD board and begin your own posts too.

I have asked some of the April Newbies to tell you their successes and off their support too.

Enjoy the journey, and good luck.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
WOO HOO
I didn't have to wait (weight?) another day!
Thank you for the May thread!
HI!,
I am Pat and rather excited about joining this group.
I started LC end of Dec. 2010. I lost from 211 to 187 by July.
Since July, 2011 I have been up and down from 197-187.
I am so tired of meat...........even good meat.
I am an all or nothing perfectionist. Once something is not perfect, I quit.
Then feel guilt, then start the process over.
I have read repeatedly on this board that JUDDD is forgiving. Well, I feel that will completely meet my needs. I want to be forgiving, too. Just because I 'fail' in a small way does not mean I should give up and binge.
My downfall is ice cream. That is my binge of choice. I am hoping I can get my head straight about moderation in my eating. I anticipate little trouble with down days as they are so well defined. It will be finding moderation on the up days that will be my steepest learning curve.
My goals are to lose weight, become at peace with food and with my body, and enjoy the wonderful people I am coming to 'know' on this JUDDD forum.
Thank you for being here and thank you for the welcomes. I DO feel welcomed and like this will be a great fit for me.
Blessings.
Pat
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shirleychef
Stats: 235/154/140's
WOE: hCG for loss, JUDDD currently
Start Date: April 25, 2011
I guess I'd be considered new. I tried JUDDDing for a few days about a month ago but then decided to transition into another hcg round.

Hubby & I are on phase 3 now and did our first Up Day yesterday, today is our first DD. Hubby is at a perfect goal weight, I'm at the tippy top of a normal BMI. We are both looking to maintain our weight loss with JUDDD for now. Eventually I hope to use JUDDD to get a bit lower.

I've lost 80 pounds in the past year, hubby 45 we did so through the hcg protocol.
shirleychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Pat, I get the perfectionism thing. Yikes. Welcome.
6th DD yesterday. It was the easiest by a long shot. I approached dinner as though it was a tapas bar and just nibbled on delicious things. Felt good.
Can't say the scale is doing anything interesting. I lost 2-3 pounds in the first two days, and nothing since. I'll be away from scales for the next two weeks or so. I'm glad for that, because I feel terrific except for that part. My energy is great, my clothes feel great, and I'm beginning to enjoy both UDs and DDs as I relax into them. I feel as though it's important to give this a couple of months before getting frustrated about the scale. If my weight hasn't budged by then, I'll eat my scale on one of my UDs and see if that makes a difference.
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Pat, I get the perfectionism thing. Yikes. Welcome.
6th DD yesterday. It was the easiest by a long shot. I approached dinner as though it was a tapas bar and just nibbled on delicious things. Felt good.
Can't say the scale is doing anything interesting. I lost 2-3 pounds in the first two days, and nothing since. I'll be away from scales for the next two weeks or so. I'm glad for that, because I feel terrific except for that part. My energy is great, my clothes feel great, and I'm beginning to enjoy both UDs and DDs as I relax into them. I feel as though it's important to give this a couple of months before getting frustrated about the scale. If my weight hasn't budged by then, I'll eat my scale on one of my UDs and see if that makes a difference.
Kristin
I like the way you said "Relax into them".
I am hoping JUDDD is just the ticket for me to learn moderation.
Heck, I'd be thrilled to learn moderation in ANY area of my life.
and LOL at the mental image of you eating your scale.
I'll stick out the 2 months with you.
I think that is more fair than the 2 weeks I was considering.
Besides, I like it here.
P
Old 04-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, Pat, we're on! And hi, Shirley,
Kristin
Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
One and all! You are goin to love it here! ~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #8

We are hopping already, yay!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Hooray for May!!! I am sooo excited about starting this WOE. In all honesty, I am hoping that this will be my ultimate answer for the yearly fluctuations I seem to incur. I have lost and gained back the same 15 pounds each of the past 12 years. I am just so sick of this cycle and want so desperately to break out! I want to feel comfortable in my skin, it has been so many years since I have felt that on a regular basis. I believe many of my struggles are mental, and I will be exploring that aspect as well.

I have read quite a bit here on the JUDDD threads in the past few days. Thank you thank you thank you all for your wisdom and ideas on eating light on DD, I have gleaned so many ideas from posts that I feel well equipped to start this journey to health, weighing less, losing fat and feeling my best. Look forward to learning from you all and moving on in this area of my life!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
Hi all - I still consider myself new.

I started two weeks ago - going into week 3. I lost 3 pounds the first week and will weight tomorrow for second week. I am not weighing daily, I could never handle all the ups and downs. Currently I am planning to weigh once a week - beginning of the week after the first down day.

Down days are way easier than up days for me..... I really get that up up and away day thing! Hopefully it will settle down after a while.

My DH is doing this with me, although he is a man and bigger - older, so he gets to eat more.

My main problem
I LOVE FOOD!

I really do feel a bit more in control with JUDDD - just started the resveratrol today and I actually feel hungrier with it - I will give it 30 days (a bottle's worth)

I have 300 calories left for my evening meal..... any delicious ideas?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
and to all of our May newbies! You are going to love this forum, and all the help, knowledge and inspiration that will come your way!
Good luck and hope you find this WOE as rewarding as I have!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I'm new! I'm starting in May. I'm really excited! I've done hcg very successfully and truly love the plan, but it's not a lifestyle. I love the VLC days and look forward to being able to have them on JUDDD.

I have done IF in the past, not quite JUDDD and not for weight loss. I did enjoy it and don't anticipate any problems.

I have some more weight I want to lose and will give myself mental space in which to do it. I'll be psyched if I can get 30 pounds off but it doesn't need to happen tomorrow.

I have a dramatic reduction of anxiety on the VLCD and a study that was recently presented at a psychiatry conference showed that anxiety and depression were tied to inflammation, so it's not suprising! I'm hoping to have the same benefits on JUDDD-and I can't see why I wouldn't!

So those are my main objectives: weight loss and reduction in anxiety. I look forward to getting to know you all!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
Hi!

I have introduced myself on the JUDDD newbie thread, and thought I would pop over here with my May buddies and say hi!

I am 50lbs from my goal weight, and at the heaviest I have ever been. I have been in serious denial about my weight. Improving my energy levels, mood and general appearance of well being are the additional benefits I hope to gain on JUDDD.

Super energy on this forum, I just love it. I have been checking daily since I started on the 28th so I figured I should join. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to reading more and getting to know you all a bit.

Happy JUDDDing!
Damazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Shirley

Congratulations for shrinking 80 lbs. down. What an accomplishment!!

You'll love JUDDD and with the folks here, you'll get all the encouragement you need.

Pat!
I like it here too and did right from the beginning since last October!!

joyjoy
You have a good attitude about relaxing into it. After all, this is a WOE for life, and it's best to relax sooner than later. Continue to go with the flow, and you'll be golden.

cactusrose

And we are looking forward to you moving into JUDDD!
You'll love this WOE, and everyone here is so supportive and happy.....that's also a product of JUDDD.....cause it works.

Terilynn

Loving food is no longer a problem since you can eat anything you want every other day and as long as you respect your DD & UD numbers, you'll be fine.

Carole, I'm sorry if I missed you in April...think I did...but anyway,

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #15

Lovely to the newbies flooding in.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Hello everyone,

I am new to Juddd and just started yesterday!! I posted this at another thread but thought I should copy it here. I am looking to lose about 10-15 lbs, not in a real hurry or just maintain. What ever Juddd can do for me I will appreciate it!! My goal is to be able to eat "normal" foods and not have to restrict myself of anything. Be able to go on vacation and enjoy myself and come back and get back on rotations and see that water weight disappear!!

have been reading tons about Juddd and finally started yesterday with a DD. Since I am post HCG I decided before jumping into Juddd to do a few weeks of P4. So I did about 2 weeks, started walking last week to try to avoid too many water weight fluctuations with exercise and since last Wed started to incorporate carbs into my diet. I first had potato which was fine, then the next day had 2 cups of dreamfields pasta and I gained 1.0lb,( a bit much pasta!) the next day had big mac and fries, gained 2.5 lbs!!

They say after HCG you can slowly add in carbs but the fact that I gained 1 lb from dreamfileds was very disappointing. Well I should have had a smaller portion too!!! that was my real turning point that if I ever want to eat healthy carbs or bad carbs HCG won't allow me. then I decided since I was already way past my normal weight of 143 I would enjoy my weekend and start Juddd on Sunday.

Drum roll please...... after pizza, grilled lobster rolls, lobster bisque, fries, chocolate truffles etc I was 152 on sunday!!! So I gained 9 lbs!! from adding carbs and junk foods. I also feel I ate a lot of high sodium foods. but I don't feel guilty. I have not had any of this type of food since Febuary. Thats when I started HCG. I now feel that food is not my enemy and boy... I deserve a treat! I learned from HCG about discipline and moderation. (Didn't follow it this weekend though...

Now usually after a feast like this I go to the supermarket and buy a steak or do what we call egg days... Basically eat either a steak for dinner only or eggs all day long. usaully after all that suffering you lose 1.5 to 2.5 lbs the next day.

I ate about 500 cals on Sunday and woke up this morning and was 3.5 lbs lighter!!!!!!!! oh my gosh, I just started juddd and I already started to lose my water weight??? How cool is that...

DD:
Campell soup: 2 cups
200 g chicken and salad and dsg
few rasberries and something else

The only thing I am wondering now is... should I try to keep low carb for this week to get the water weight off or can I eat "normal carbs " rotation foods and the water weight will come off with DD? I really want judd to be my woe and I want to incorporate carbs. Like today I had on my UD corn flakes for breakfast, some cracker chips so I already blew it for making it low carb.

Loving JUDDD!!!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bmoyer1
Stats: 196/149.2/125
WOE: lc
Start Date: January 2005
Hi everyone.
I have been low carbing , ww , hcg and everything else over the last 10 years, losing the same weight over and over, I keep finding old ww counters, with the same weight lol. I lost down to 136 with hcg, and then my work out partner (hubby) got sick and we just stopped everything, well, I ended back up at 173 3 weeks ago, well, I am down to 163 this week, can you say "I LOVE YOU JUDDD" lol. Actually I haven't really been doing juddd per say, so much as I have been doing low carb one day and regular eating the next. I started out after listening to Chris Powells information, just thought I would give it a try, since my husband decided to try one more round of hcg, I told him he could do it alone, at 53 I am tired of working my butt off and starving and gaining it back, I had to find a life style I can do forever. Well, I pretty much think this is it. I love that I can eat what I want, which really isn't that much, but when one carb makes you gain, lol you are scared to eat anything. Well,this is way too many worrds, I just wanted to say hi, and I am looking forward to the journey!!
Betty
bmoyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Seriously. It is 5 pm and I have only had 162 calories so far. Broke fast at 1200 noon. I feel great. Even did my weight training this afternoon. I am amazed.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NancyLeeIL
Stats: 270/247/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 4/27/2012
Hi I'm Nancy and just starting too...

Understand the perfectionist thing. Understand those food downfalls.

I am a diabetic (Type 2 taking pills - Metformin - so ok with Dr. Johnson) so I do have to pay attention to carbs too. My A1C (the measurement they use to see how your blood sugar has been the past three months)...went from 7.0 to 6.1 with just what I've been doing. Doc thinks with weight loss and watching carbs, I could get completely off meds and get BS into normal ranges.

Glad to meet you all. I think coming here for a bit every day is critical to learning and growing and "accountability" too.

Thanks for the time everyone takes to respond.

Hugs,
Nancy
NancyLeeIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Welcome newbies!

I'm hardly an oldie, as I started at the end of March, but I just want to offer the warmest of welcomes and hope you love JUDDD as much as I do!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi all, so today marks my first DD, and since I'm post hcg I'm pretty sure I can handle it.
I have lost some weight with HCG but I'm not able to keep it off, even without eating carbs. I just can't handle so much fat and protein, and I guess it is also because I'm vegan. I've eaten eggs the last weeks hoping it would help me stabilize after hcg, and I also added in cheese but it all got worse. Lol!

What I want from juddd, is to loose some more but overall just to be able to eat what I want! I eat very healthy but wasn't able to lose weight prior to hcg, guess my metabolism was just to run down.
I won't weight myself for the next week, maybe I'll go even 2 weeks of not weighing in, I'm really bad in handeling ups and downs.

I'll keep you posted how my juddd journey goes along, and sorry for not writing a perfect english.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

I love being part of the May newbie group.
So glad you are all here and am looking forward to getting to 'know' you.
Pat
Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everybody. Okay. Two weeks in, and have followed my calorie recommendations to the letter. This morning I'm off on a trip involving about 7 cities in ten days. I feel pretty certain I can do my UDs and DDs throughout. Let's see! (I feel like one of those ski jumpers taking off from the top of a huge height - I think I can, I think I can!)
Old 05-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitch
Stats: 141/123.2/105
WOE: Very low carb switched to JUDDD
Start Date: 2nd February '12
Hi everyone!
I was an April Newbie, I started at the very end of march (03/30/12) at 133.5 and I weighed in this morning at 123.2.
I just want to tell you all not to get discouraged and give up when the bouncing starts because it does work. I lost 4.6 in my first week and then bounced around above the low I hit for a week and a half. I got really discouraged and then BAM! It just started falling off. Then I bounced up again for over a week and now its falling off again. So just stick with it. It definitely works!
Best of luck!
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi! I started testing the JUDDD waters on April 23rd. I went out of town and had 3 UD in a row over this past weekend. Back on track as of yesterday and BACK DOWN 2 pounds! WOOT! I realized I had not been recording my daily weight like I had been w/ HCG so have def start keeping a record of it as of Sunday.

The DD haven't really been a challenge except for the headaches I'm getting towards the end of the day. Plus I notice I'm a little more irritable/biznatchy. I'm sure it will all go away once I get used to it. I've found that 2 hb eggs at breakfast, 1 can of soup at lunch and 1 pure protein shake at dinner is keeping me satisfied. Maybe w/ a handful of almonds thrown in sometime between lunch/dinner. I'll venture out into cabbage, chicken & lc cheese later!

For now, if I lose it's a plus but maintaining would be great for a few weeks esp since coming off HCG. I have a 5 day vacation planned on 16th of May and I'm sure they'll all be UD with all the eating/drinking we do. Will get right back on it on the 21st. We will be doing a good bit of walking and some physical activities as well. We always take the stairs to our condo instead of the elevator which makes me feel really good! Looking forward to this JUDDD MAGIC which I've already sort of seen in 1 week!

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
I started on April 16th - first week 3 pound loss.... weighed today for my 2nd weight in - 2 pound loss = total of 5 pounds. Why am I not happy? I guess I am used to losing 5 pounds of water weight right off the bat.... I am not weighing daily though because I know there will be a lot of ups and downs.... just like the up and down days.... right.

If I have truly lost 5 pounds of FAT, I am happy. We will see. Next week is another week.

Self.... if you keep losing 2 pounds a week - you will be at goal in 30 weeks..... LOL
Damn, that's a long time away!
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

I think you are doing great!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Stitch. That is exactly what I needed to hear this morning,
Kristin
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to all our new JUDDD buds!!! Sooo nice to meet all of you and hear your stories! You are on your way to better health, lower weight, happier times for sure!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MelissaMN
Hello Everyone,

I am starting JUDDD this month and could not be more excited! I am wrapping up my 3rd round of HCG and have lost 36lbs. I still have 30 to go but cannot tolerate HCG much longer.

I know the 500 cal DD will be a piece of cake compared to what i have gone through so far and I am excited to continue my journey with a program that I can do for life.

I do plan to stay "wheat free" because I just don't feel good when i eat it but will slowly add starches back in to my diet.

This seems like a great forum with lots of information and supportive people and I am happy to be able to be a part of it!

Have a great day!
MelissaMN is offline   Reply With Quote