Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elburn
Stats: 171/159.5/130 5'3.5"
WOE: JUDDD! All the way and never looking back!
Start Date: ???
I wonder... I am almost through 2 weeks of JUDDD. Unfortunately I have not lost much on the scale--who knows if it is tom, water, etc. the same two pounds go up and down, up and down...over and over. My goals for this are multiple--not only for the weight loss but for the inflammation. I would like to walk and garden with out pain in my knees and feet. I love reading the post of non scale victories. Gives me hope. I have been trying to drop weight for a looooonnnnnnggggg time! Until I seen south of 160 I'm not sure I will believe it will work. so here is my question. Do you think that until the body heals itself, weight will not drop? Any one have this experience?
elburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
I have been looking more at calories and logging them and relearning about them. When I was LC, I would have trail mix, butter, and so many other LC things in such small portions throughout the day, it's almost like I thought they didn't "count". I think now that I am so close to my goal weight, the choices I make DO matter. A LOT! I now think twice when I am going to pop something into my mouth almost absentmindedly. I think it has all really added up over time and I couldn't seem to figure out why I couldn't even maintain my weight, and just kept creeping up. Re-education is sometimes so needed. This is one other benefit of JUDDD I am realizing.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014

Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Hey Guys!

I am new too!

I was looking for the new May thread when I posted the other night and I didn't see it.. It looks like alot of us are coming from HCG.. It will be awesome to see how we all do with JUDDD and............... CARBS!! Here is what I posted..

Hi Girls (and Guys)

I have been lurking for a month or 2, I was waiting till I actually start JUDDING before posting..

First I have to say, I have NEVER seen a group of more loving, supportive and positive people in my LIFE!

I was on the another HCG forum for a long time and while I met some amazing people that I now call friends, I have to say the majority of them were negative to the point of nastiness. One slip up/cheat, they crucified you and sent you to HCG hell.

So thank you for making it so welcoming here, you guys ROCK!

Last year I did my first HCG round, went from 146 (I'm 5'7") to (my lowest ever) 123. (LIW was 126) I haven't been 123 since I was way to short to be 123 I stabilized pretty well for a few months but with parties, BBQ's, unknown food sensitivities- I was doing one too many correction days. I would panic if I went above 125 (I wish I was 125 now!) So like an IDIOT I decided to go for another round to get me some wiggle room and a lower LIW.. DUMB MOVE!

I reloaded, gained 12lbs in 2 days, got that off, went to a Christening, had some wine and opened the door to cheating all the way thru my P2. I feel like once you cheat on HCG it is next to impossible to get back to following the protocol perfectly. I finally ended that miserable excuse for wasted time at 124.. I know, dumb..

This brings me to diving into last summer -P3- in "cheating mode." Skipped the scale all summer and just had (too much) fun.. Got back on the scale in Sept at 143 with the intention of cycling HCG around the holidays to keep my weight in check, knowing I couldn't do a proper round until Jan 1. Bad Idea # 2..

After loading for what I thought would be another successful round that would bring me back to the previous years 123, I was 151! WT? This round went on forever, I got down to 130 in March when I took a planned interruption for an unplanned trip and never got back on the scale. From there I would do good all week, lose it on the weekends and start over on Monday.

This became a never ending cycle. All I wanted was to get off HCG to start JUDDD. but not until I felt like I was below 130.. Finally I said forget it, I can't live like this. I kept pigging out b/c honestly who can live like that? It is a quick fix that not many people can maintain.

So I bit the bullet last week and finally got on the scale at 138.. HORRIBLE!! But even tho I have a frig full of HCG, I can't do it anymore, probably not for a loooooong time, if ever.

That brings me here.. My first real up day and loving it! I had a bagel and I was allowed to have a bagel.. How weird is that? My numbers are 381 and 1903. I choose one to two levels down from my normal exercise level. Tomorrow my menu is actually 419 cals but I am not going to stress over it, if it takes me longer and allows me to have a life and not be a hermit that will be so worth it!

Thanks for being awesome guys!!

I am very excited to have found you all!

XOXO
Skye
As a former HCGer, I can totally relate to everything you said. From the hcg police to reaching lowest weight, gaining, and multiple failed rounds thereafter. I'm happy for you that you found JUDDD. I'm thrilled that I found it too. I'm not yet cured of the thought that hcg can bring me back down (I'm still toying with the idea...not sure what I'm thinking) but I totally support the idea that JUDDD give you your life back in a major way. Like you, I lost a lot of my social life because I couldn't eat or I'd gain crazy amounts of weight when I tried to socialize. I think you can be very successfull on JUDDD and I'm cheering you on!
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
I lost about 59 pounds using hCG, stabilized 4 pounds over my LDW and stabilized well, but have been unable to complete "that last round" to lose the last 10 pounds I'd like to lose.

I just can't bear the 3 weeks of eating a tiny piece of steak or chicken twice a day. My last two rounds I started feeling exhausted very early. I'm excited to think that perhaps this way of eating can become a lifestyle after I lose my last 10. And it's bearable to know I only have to do the 500 calorie thing for one day, and then I can eat normally the next.

So today was my up day. I did not overeat, thankfully, but I did indulge in an ice cream cone with my daughter. Tomorrow will be the down day, and we'll see how it goes from there!

I never thought I wouldn't use hCG for my last round, but I just can't do the Very Low Calorie Diet anymore. It's odd, that after 55 pounds I can't do it anymore, but, well, there it is.

Thank you all for being here!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
So um. I'm a little discouraged right now. Today ends 2 weeks...and I've lost 1 lb. Exactly 1 lb. And that includes weighing in after a DD.
My ticker shouldn't even read "2 lbs". Only 1 lb lost

Not ready to give up, but wow. I'm not feeling the JUDD love right now
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by msack3889 View Post
So um. I'm a little discouraged right now. Today ends 2 weeks...and I've lost 1 lb. Exactly 1 lb. And that includes weighing in after a DD.

I may have confused myself, but I thought I saw somewhere that your DD's were over 600 calories. When I was losing through the 170's and down to the 160's, I had to go down to what the calculator said for my DD's. AND get my UD's under control. It almost seems like you have found your maintenance levels like I did. When I get to maintenance I already have a good idea how much I can eat but for now I want to LOSE so those DD calories are crucial.
Just a thought.

Last edited by adillenal; 05-21-2012 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: can't type
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I may have confused myself, but I thought I saw somewhere that your DD's were over 600 calories. When I was losing through the 170's and down to the 160's, I had to go down to what the calculator said for my DD's. AND get my UD's under control. It almost seems like you have found your maintenance levels like I did. When I get to maintenance I already have a good idea how much I can eat but for now I want to LOSE so those DD calories are crucial.
Just a thought.
Thank you

Hmm...Not always over 600. I'll have to look again. But there's no way in heck I can do the 360 that he recommends for DD (yet, anyway...once I'm not so hungry any more, I'm all for getting as close to that number as I can), so I've been following the advice of others to stick as close to 500 as I can. Yesterday *was* a bit over 600, so it's possible that I have found my maintenance numbers, as you suggested.

I think I may be holding on to water weight. I started drinking water yesterday like I should have been all along. Plus I *think* TOM came on Thurs (sort of) rather than tomorrow. It's barely been anything like I usually have, so I can't say for sure if it's even over.

I'm going to keep plugging along and try to tweak the numbers until it works for me.

Last edited by msack3889; 05-21-2012 at 05:05 AM..
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Note to self: there is sooooo much more to focus on and enjoy in this life than just food.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:

If it makes you feel any better I'm over 3 weeks in and haven't lost anything. But I feel a LOT better. Losses will come. Eventually. Until then I'm staying off the scale and enjoying the rest of the benefits!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you

Hmm...Not always over 600. I'll have to look again. But there's no way in heck I can do the 360 that he recommends for DD (yet, anyway...once I'm not so hungry any more, I'm all for getting as close to that number as I can), so I've been following the advice of others to stick as close to 500 as I can. Yesterday *was* a bit over 600, so it's possible that I have found my maintenance numbers, as you suggested.

I think I may be holding on to water weight. I started drinking water yesterday like I should have been all along. Plus I *think* TOM came on Thurs (sort of) rather than tomorrow. It's barely been anything like I usually have, so I can't say for sure if it's even over.

I'm going to keep plugging along and try to tweak the numbers until it works for me.
Hey there, join me on the "tracking progress with measurements" thread. At some point we have to stop looking at the scale as our determination of how good we feel for a particular day. If possible, try to focus on how your energy is and how your clothes fit. Hang it there, the scale can't hold that weight forever!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hey Chickies! I'm BACK! My vacation was great! Not getting on the scale! I have had a weeks worth of Up Days! Tomorrow is my first Down Day. Looking forward to getting back into my routine and losing some pounds I'm sure I gained!
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: icecreamjunkie
Stats: 295/267/170
WOE: HCG Rx R2/P2 (6 week rounds)/JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 17, 2012 R1/ April 29th R2/ May 12 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Hey Chickies! I'm BACK! My vacation was great! Not getting on the scale! I have had a weeks worth of Up Days! Tomorrow is my first Down Day. Looking forward to getting back into my routine and losing some pounds I'm sure I gained!
Hey there!!! How was the vaca?? Glad you are back!!!
icecreamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Hey Everybody! I'm new, starting my first DD tomorrow. I had an up day today and it was hard to convince myself that eating all that food was going to make me lose weight but I'm giving it a shot. I'm going to try to eat at my calculator level tomorrow which is 388 calories. Luckily I love cucumbers so if worse comes to worse, I can eat tons of that and lettuce.

Wish me luck!
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Luck!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

First day I was able to keep to 369 calories for the day, and had a very satisfying dinner. Oooooh, I want a glass of wine later, what a treat that would be on a DD!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Help pleeze! I did a search for rice pudding using miracle rice, I swear I saw it somewhere but there were no results found. Does anyone know where it might be, a rice pudding type of flavor using miracle rice and or other ingredients? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #198
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
Help pleeze! I did a search for rice pudding using miracle rice, I swear I saw it somewhere but there were no results found. Does anyone know where it might be, a rice pudding type of flavor using miracle rice and or other ingredients? Thanks.
YUM! Low Cal/Low Carb Rice Pudding! Great on DDs!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dawn! Do you happen to know if you really need the gluc powder? I don't have any yet....
Old 05-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #200
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Sorry, I despise rice pudding, so I haven't a clue. I just remembered seeing it, but haven't looked into making it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

My first DD back from vacay was hard! I went over 500. I guess I'll have to get myself used to eating on my rotation again.

I had some harvest cheddar sunchips at breakfast about a half a serving, 3-4 sf popcicles, a tsp of peanut butter, a tuna wrap for lunch w/ another half serving of sunchips, some cheeze its and finally my pure protein shake for dinner. I guess today will be an MD! UGH!

Friday's DD will be a strict one! Think I'm going back to my soup at lunch, the broth seems to keep me satisfied.

Natasha

Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Hi All,
I'm new to JUDDD but not dieting. I started on May 1st. Was doing ok until a little over a week ago when life got in the way, taking me back to where I was when I started. My numbers are 2317 UD & 463 DD. Yesterday went well at 401 and 2090 today. I track all my info on *********** (SP). I had done Atkins and lost almost 30#. Got sidetracked planning my daughters wedding then when I wanted to get back on track I just couldn't face not having fruit and eating so much meat. Some people I have talked to at SP are recommending that I cut carbs to. Is anyone else doing that? Will JUDDD work if I don't? To be honest I'm afraid I will put all my weight back on eating that much on a UD. Any help would be great.
Lisa
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Well I kind of went overboard a bit. I know I was over, not sure by how much, no tracking today of cals. I haven't done something like this though for about 2-3 months so I am proud of myself for that. And I felt bad enough physically half way through the day that I ate well the rest of the day, also unheard of when I would "go off the deep end" in the past.

No beating myself up. I am over that aspect of my life (hopefully). On to a DD tomorrow and much cleaner eating and better energy.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
Hi All,
I'm new to JUDDD but not dieting. I started on May 1st. Was doing ok until a little over a week ago when life got in the way, taking me back to where I was when I started. My numbers are 2317 UD & 463 DD. Yesterday went well at 401 and 2090 today. I track all my info on *********** (SP). I had done Atkins and lost almost 30#. Got sidetracked planning my daughters wedding then when I wanted to get back on track I just couldn't face not having fruit and eating so much meat. Some people I have talked to at SP are recommending that I cut carbs to. Is anyone else doing that? Will JUDDD work if I don't? To be honest I'm afraid I will put all my weight back on eating that much on a UD. Any help would be great.
Lisa
I can't speak for LCing with JUDDD. But I wouldn't worry about the cals, use the calculator from Dr J's website. So many have done well, it does defy explanation, basic sticky on JUDDD has the info to understand what your body is doing to lose the weight. I will say, as a former LCer, that UP days should be relatively good food, higher protein to stabilize blood sugar and keep carb cravings in check. Still, fruit never tasted soooo good! And if you really "need" it, you can have some of your most favorite carby treat every other day. The lack of restriction really has helped me immensely. So nice to have choices again!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
cactusrose for the help and support. Can I ask how well you have done on JUDDD?
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
Hi All,
Lisa
if you're eating low carb ONLY to lose, you don't have to from what I can tell. if you're eating that way for other health reasons AND it helps you lose, that's a whole 'nother ball game.

if you're starting JUDDD from LC be prepared to gain up to 6 pounds the first week. It DOES come off. It's the water weight you lost on LC. Then the magic begins and you will start shedding actual fat.

IF the numbers freak you out, add the DD cals to the UD cals and divide them. That will show what you're actually eating. It really isn't enough to gain fat.

I've only been doing it for 3.5 weeks but I've been poking around for longer. I came off VERY low carb (think induction on Atkins) and low calorie straight into JUDDD. I did gain initially, but it came off. It was hard to trust it, but I'm so glad I did. I've experienced so many benefits aside from weight loss that even if I didn't lose I was pretty impressed. Now that I'm losing I'm over the moon.

It took a bit longer for the losses to kick in for me (I dropped quickly to my starting weight-plus 2 pounds of water weight after my initial gain from carbs) but I was expecting that because I lost over 10 pounds in three weeks before I started. I knew my body wasn't going to give it up that easily! But, three weeks in the JUDDD magic arrived on my doorstep! I started losing and I'm eating anything I want, just counting calories. It's a beautiful thing.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zeraspride
Stats: Highest 282.5 CW: 265 GW: 160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 5/21/12
I never introduced myself, silly me!

Hi everyone. My name is Lisa. I am coming from a long history of low carbbing. Lost over 100 pounds and kept it off for about 2 years - it's all back now!!! I've done Weight Watchers and seriously considered WLS - but stumbled on this section of the boards and so glad I did! I was feeling so low I was ready to give up ever getting this weight off.

I have killer arthritis in both knees, type 2 diabetes and liver disease. Each of these conditions can be improved with weight loss so I'm excited to try this program. I will only weight once per week because I can't stand the bouncing around the scale does.

I look forward to getting to you know you all. This is the Day 4 of the program for me and already my knees do not ache as much as I've been able to start walking at lunch time again - you don't know how wonderful that is!

If food is not the problem, eating is not the solution!

Better to have 100 enemies outside your car than one enemy in the car with you - an Arabian proverb

Down 12.8 pounds
zeraspride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

" . . . this WOE is like a lifelong supply of 'get out of jail free' cards." ~ Joyjoy 05/11/12

LOVE this!!! I'm using my GOJF cards this week! LOL
Old 05-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Henush
Stats: 220
WOE: JUDDD/Fast-5
Start Date: Restart - September 2013
Joining JUDDD

I've been watching your group for a couple of weeks and reading up on JUDDD, but I've decided to finally come out and join you too!
I always lost well on South Beach, and felt that the SB way resonated with me - since my teenage years. But, since I had my daughter (over 1 year ago), I haven't been able to lose at all. I just was stuck in a rut...but I seemed to be maintaining well. However, I do want to drop the 45 lb I gained in pregnancy, so... that's what brings me here. Having my 2nd DD today...actually, here in Israel it's almost over lol... So happy to have made the leap...I've NEVER counted my calories before, so I am trying to be extra vigilant (at least for now...)
Henush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Welcome mamaslaw, zeraspride and Henush!

mamaslaw, here is my progress so far...

Starting weight 4/30: 154
Weight 5/7: 151
Weight 5/14: 152
Today's Weight 5/21: 148.5
Total pounds lost: 5.5

Inches Lost in 3 weeks...
Waist: 1.5
Hips: 2.0
Each Thigh: 0.75
Each calf: 1.0

Amazing if you ask me, the fat seems to be melting off, because everyone at work says I look like I have lost more than 5 pounds, and my scrubs fit sooo much looser already. I started a thread on tracking measurements to track progress, come join us!

Honestly I don't ever remember feeling this good on strictly LC, because I don't feel deprived. I just eat "bulkier" food on DD plus foods that have a good amount of lean protein. And on UD I can indulge a bit here and there if I want.

Still, I make choices and don't go overboard on UD. Would I rather have this or that today? I eat less earlier in the day if I am going out to dinner, I eat lighter later in the day if I am going out to breakfast. I know now I don't have to eat everything TODAY since in just two days I can have more if I want. This WOE has helped me with the psychological side of eating immensely. I didn't realize how obsessed I had become with what I couldn't have, to the point of sneaking food on days my husband worked and I was off, like the scale wasn't going to notice? And my self-esteem wasn't going to notice?? I feel the beginning of freedom from self-sabotage.

Lisa, I hear so many fantastic reports of positive changes in ailments like arthritis, I can't wait to see your physical improvements! And DM is nothing to mess around with for sure, so worth losing weight for! I would ask around the forum for this WOE related to your diabetes to minimize blood sugar fluctuations. Having a smaller eating window daily, called Intermittent Fasting, I have heard does actually provide a benefit to those with diabetes, by stabilizing blood sugar levels, although I am not sure the physiology behind it.

Henush, counting calories has been great for me, I needed a reminder of all I was putting into my mouth honestly. My portions over the years creeped up without me noticing, and since LC food often is so calorie dense, I think my body still was getting too many cals. With this WOE though we get to indulge a bit and still get many many benefits other than just losing weight or inches.

Best to you all, look forward to seeing you here!