Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Losing on JUDDD after extreme diets?

Hello! I'm starting my first DD today! I'm excited to get this rolling, but I didn have some questions. First, have any of you Juddders been able to lose on JUDDD after being a really low calorie diet? I"m asking because I just came off my first, short, miserable round of HCG, and now I'm worried that my metabolism's been slowed down by the 3 weeks of about 600 cals a day. I know I probably shouldn't worry so much, I mean, good grief, I'm 20 years old, my body should be REALLY resilient, but it makes me nervous to go from 600 to an average of about 1200 a day. I've also started running, so that'll definitely make sure that I burn way more than 1200 a day, but still, can't shake the trepidation
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Better With Age
Stats: 169/158.9/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 21, 2012
Since last June I did 3 rounds of hcg and it did not slow down my metabolism, and I am definitely older than twenty. Hcg is a quick weight loss and definitely not a WOE. Over the past almost 6 weeks I have lost 9 pounds, not the .5 to 1 pound a day loss I had with hcg but the freedom JUDDD brings is priceless. I am 15 pounds from my dream goal and JUDDD is getting me there. I feel I could live with this WOE for life.

Enjoy the JUDDD journey!

Melissa
Better With Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh you will find so many successful losers here who did many rounds of HCG.

And WW, and Atkins and VLC and just about everything you can imagine.

You are going to love JUDDD, jump on in.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
it may take time for your body to adjust, but you will feel better after a couple weeks of intermittent fasting. Don't binge on your up days as a refeed after hcg and you should do just fine. Maybe stay off the scale for those first two weeks, focus on recording what you eat. Eat healthy!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Didn't come here from an extreme woe, but did come with a damaged metabolism. Eating paleo netted me about 1200 cals/day, feeling full and happy with my food. But completely stalled in my weight loss, as my body grew accustomed to such a low level.

I've lost 7 pounds since Jan 13, which doesn't seem like a lot, but I maintained for 6 weeks of that on purpose, and I only had 2 pounds to lose to my original goal when I started. I reset my goal end of March 5 pounds lower, and JUDDD got me there in 2 weeks. I'm maintaining again.

And I can eat a LOT more food than I could when I first came over here.

Welcome!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
I, too am a former protocol gal, but was in my 4th month of P4 when I transitioned to JUDDD, so I can't speak to coming right off of P3.

There are others who have transitioned mighty well from HCG to JUDDD!

I believe your age will serve you well in re-adjusting to JUDDD and I'm wishing you much success in your JUDDD journey!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
I am positive you will love it here!!! We'll be waiting to follow your successful journey!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dckisses
I came from extreme dieting too. And being relatively close to my goal weight I didn't see much weight loss but the reason why I stuck to this is rcause I don't want juddd to be a diet only but more importantly a way of life.. I am able to eat anything I want without any guilt and my relationship with food has dramatically improved (as mentioned in beeb's post about juddd magic). I now live to eat, no longer eating (miserably) to live.

Oh I'm 18 toob I haven't weighed in lately :P I go by my gut feeling to gauge if im overeating or not .
Dckisses is offline   Reply With Quote