Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: toomuchbooty
Oh this is fun!

My name is Jasmine, I'm 33 and have been a member of LCF since I was 22! I was born in Zambia, but I'm half Canadian and I grew up in Victoria and Vancouver. I also did a brief stint living in Chula Vista, California in the late 80's and 2 years in Toronto.

For most of my 20's, I was a professional commercial actor. In a good year, I would film about 10 commercials. In a bad year, it would be about 5. Since the income was so irregular, I supplemented it by working odd jobs in the fashion industry. I studied fashion merchandising and marketing in college.

Eventually, I grew weary with irregular paychecks and started pursuing higher paying full time work in the fashion industry. I worked in management for Betsey Johnson for several years. I also worked as general manager of a yoga apparel company.

Eventually, I settled in to my current field. I am an admissions representative at a private applied arts school. We teach fashion design, fashion marketing, video game design, interior design and graphic design. I love interviewing the creative students, I'm not crazy about the industry in which I operate (private education). Our school is one of the good-guys, we work really hard for our students but it can be hard to make a go of it in these creative fields.

Speaking of creatives trying to make a go of it. My boyfriend is an amazing fine artist. I'm incredibly proud of him even though he often struggles to monetize his talents. We've been friends since we were both 20, but only started dating this year.

We live in an amazing live/work loft. We live on the roof level and share a 10,000 sq foot patio with our neighbours. It has panoramic views of the mountains and the city. It's amazing. We live with Akiko, my 5 year old chihuahua. Coincidentally, my boyfriend's cousin is also named Akiko. I didn't know I would have a half Japanese boyfriend when I named her, so now it seems a bit funny! It's a bit like naming your dog "Caitlyn" or some other common female name.

Our main hobby is cooking and eating! We don't eat out much. We prefer to cook at home. We are currently helping to produce a Japanese cookbook. Also, our long term goal is to operate a chocolate business. My boyfriend's dad has been making chocolate for over 20 years and plans to "go pro" with it soon. Once he starts the business, we plan to get involved on the marketing/brand development/sales side.

Sorry, I wrote a novel!

Back from Zambia! Pictures on my blog.
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Bumping this great thread to new JUDDD BUDDDS to add their post.
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
I've been happily married 27 years, and I raised two adopted kids, home schooled them all their school years. My daughter's 22, and my son's 20. I have chronic migraines so working outside the home would be impossible. I am a homemaker. My hubby likes his wife at home, barefoot, and pregnant. I just can't get the pregnant part down. At 51, it's unlikely anyway. lol We have a farmette, so I care for egg laying chickens and our woodstove. I also occasionally raise a litter of Singapura kittens for my mom, who owns a cattery.

Almost forgot to mention something major about myself: I'm an extreme couponer. We maintain a debt-free lifestyle, so I do almost consider that my job.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 12-15-2012 at 08:25 AM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Nice to meet you! I forgot about this thread and love learning about the unique people that make up the JB's!! Everyone is so interesting.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reese
WOE: JUDDD and Shakeology
Start Date: October 24 2012
Hi! My name is Theresa. I'm a 36 year old single mom to 2 beautiful girls. Ages 10 and 8. Engaged to a wonderful man who has full custody of his 4 yr old little boy, who is a cutie pie and a carbon coby of his Dad I work in the lunchroom at the elementary school where both my girls attend. And yes, it is hard being around all that food on a DD, but I manage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Arlene how wonderful that you have adopted Tiffany. I am sure that despite being hard sometimes, she must be a great blessing to your family. You may have noticed that my older DD has Downs. She has accomplished so much that we never expected and is now married and living almost independently. She is 45 now.
Kissa, it warms my heart to hear stories like this! My oldest daughter has Downs and is also slighty autistic, she is non verbal for now, but I pray that will change one day. She is super smart (she could read when she was 2) and I have high hopes for her future!! She is one amazing little girl...as is her little sister. Don't know where I'd be without my babies!!
reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Forgot to mention that I have been JUDDDing for about 6 weeks and have lost 13 lbs
Old 12-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
Hi! My name is Theresa. I'm a 36 year old single mom to 2 beautiful girls. Ages 10 and 8. Engaged to a wonderful man who has full custody of his 4 yr old little boy, who is a cutie pie and a carbon coby of his Dad I work in the lunchroom at the elementary school where both my girls attend. And yes, it is hard being around all that food on a DD, but I manage

Kissa, it warms my heart to hear stories like this! My oldest daughter has Downs and is also slighty autistic, she is non verbal for now, but I pray that will change one day. She is super smart (she could read when she was 2) and I have high hopes for her future!! She is one amazing little girl...as is her little sister. Don't know where I'd be without my babies!!
I wholeheartedly love & agree!

Ree$e you are off to a great JUDDD beginning! Congratulation$!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
Hi there! My name is Chantal and I am 26 years old. I am a stay at home mom. I have 2 daughters Abby (4) and Phoebe (2) and a little boy Ender (2 mos.) My husband of 6 years is a Correctional Officer and I am so proud of him for sticking with such a scary job to provide for our family. We both don't have college degrees since we got married young and starting having babies quickly! He feels called to be a Pastor, so he is also attending Liberty University online and working toward his Master's degree. So proud of him

Besides being a mother and a future Pastor's wife I have not figured out what I want to do with my professional life. I will start homeschooling my oldest this fall, and plan to homeschool all my children, so I don't plan on returning to work for a long time! Being a mother and homemaker is a difficult and sometimes lonely job, but it can also be truly rewarding, so I can't complain.

I love cooking, baking, hiking, playing video games, geo caching, scrapbooking, exercise, and weight lifting!

Trying a modified JUDDD woe. Aprox. 2200/1200.
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
What a great thread! I'm enjoying reading all the stories of people I've already been chatting with daily

My name is Dee, and I'm a 30 year old attorney from NYC. I have no kids, so I probably have a lot more time on my hands than the rest of you Moms! I do have 10 nieces and nephews who I adore spoiling rotten.

I'm still fairly new to JUDDD, but it has already made a huge difference in my life. There's something incredibly uplifting about this WOE, when I look off into the future, picturing myself eating this way doesn't depress me or make me anxious in the least. So happy to have found this place!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post

I'm still fairly new to JUDDD, but it has already made a huge difference in my life. There's something incredibly uplifting about this WOE, when I look off into the future, picturing myself eating this way doesn't depress me or make me anxious in the least. So happy to have found this place!
I agree wholeheartedly!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Wow this is a great idea!

Hi I'm Angie! Im 23, and live in Ontario, Canada. I just started my first year teaching full-time grade 8 French Immersion . I am also a part-time swimming instructor and lifeguard. After five years of living on my own for university and studying in France (traveling the world!). I now live back with my parents (which is the reason I gained 40 pounds ...).
JUDDD has finally helped me lose weight while still eating with my family and indulging at events!!!
I have no kids, but I have a wonderful boyfriend of 4 years -- plan to get married in the next couple of years!

I love to travel, shop, browse the internet(JUDDD forum!) , workout, and my BIG GREEK FAMILY lol

Last edited by angie1; 12-15-2012 at 09:46 AM..
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #132
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Fun post I've been doing the sahm thing since my second daughter arrived six years ago. This will probably be my last year though, since my youngest will be in kindergarten next year. I'd like to get a job at mykds school next fall or possibly at our church. Something part time. I have a BA in English and Political science and have always had a goal of being an author someday. Really need to get on that lol.

Hobbies are reading, sailing, and volunteering at our chuch

Been married for ten years, and my kids are 4, 6 and 8. Hubby works for a global company, in their HVAC division. Something with programming, but it's way over my head
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hi, my name is Cindy. I am 48 and my hobbies include reading, walking, eating fatty carbs while losing weight on JUDDD, and I am a sexy librarian. Hee hee, I thought I'd start out in the personal ad vein. I am a university librarian at a state-supported university that currently has about 4000 students. I have worked there since the age of 24. I went back to school at age 30 and got my masters degree while also working full time, and was hired in a faculty position as a "real" librarian in 2001. I am the mother of 2 very spoiled dogs and 4 cats.

Lovely to read about all of you! My JBBBBBBBBB's!!!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #134

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Fun post I've been doing the sahm thing since my second daughter arrived six years ago. This will probably be my last year though, since my youngest will be in kindergarten next year. I'd like to get a job at mykds school next fall or possibly at our church. Something part time. I have a BA in English and Political science and have always had a goal of being an author someday. Really need to get on that lol.

Hobbies are reading, sailing, and volunteering at our chuch

Been married for ten years, and my kids are 4, 6 and 8. Hubby works for a global company, in their HVAC division. Something with programming, but it's way over my head
Networking opportunity threadjack. I'm a project administrator for an automation controls company dealing pretty much exclusively with HVAC systems. If your DH travels this way for anything, have him drop by my office.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
Angie- I lived about 45 minutes west of Montreal (15 minutes from the border of Ontario/Quebec) from the age of 3-11. My mom is American, but my dad is French-Canadian. I speak French fluently, although I am forgetting at lot of it from not practicing. Have you ever tried poutine????
Chalagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #136
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
I've been happily married 27 years, and I raised two adopted kids, home schooled them all their school years. My daughter's 22, and my son's 20. I have chronic migraines so working outside the home would be impossible. I am a homemaker. My hubby likes his wife at home, barefoot, and pregnant. I just can't get the pregnant part down. At 51, it's unlikely anyway. lol We have a farmette, so I care for egg laying chickens and our woodstove. I also occasionally raise a litter of Singapura kittens for my mom, who owns a cattery.

Almost forgot to mention something major about myself: I'm an extreme couponer. We maintain a debt-free lifestyle, so I do almost consider that my job.
My sisters and I were also home schooled all the way through First time I stepped foot in a real school was for drivers training!

I used to be an extreme couponer but got burned out a couple years ago. We're working on the debt free thing right now-still have our mortgage and then my student loan bleh. Do you follow Dave Ramsey's program by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi, my name is Cindy. I am 48 and my hobbies include reading, walking, eating fatty carbs while losing weight on JUDDD, and I am a sexy librarian. Hee hee, I thought I'd start out in the personal ad vein. I am a university librarian at a state-supported university that currently has about 4000 students. I have worked there since the age of 24. I went back to school at age 30 and got my masters degree while also working full time, and was hired in a faculty position as a "real" librarian in 2001. I am the mother of 2 very spoiled dogs and 4 cats.

Lovely to read about all of you! My JBBBBBBBBB's!!!!
Ooooh, you have my dream job! I had my application all filled out to apply at a Masters of Library Science program, but I would have had to move across the state and my husband proposed around that time so priorities got changed around Now I just go to my local library almost everyday, so I still get my library fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Networking opportunity threadjack. I'm a project administrator for an automation controls company dealing pretty much exclusively with HVAC systems. If your DH travels this way for anything, have him drop by my office.
We're in MI and so far he's stayed within the state, though he's been just about everywhere from the Upper Peninsula, to the Indiana border lol. I guess he does the programming on new installation of industrial heating and cooling systems-connecting the computer 'brains'/programs to the equipment

Last edited by mom23kids; 12-15-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
My sisters and I were also home schooled all the way through First time I stepped foot in a real school was for drivers training!
Sounds like my kids. Social cripples... NOT!!!
Quote:
I used to be an extreme couponer but got burned out a couple years ago. We're working on the debt free thing right now-still have our mortgage and then my student loan bleh. Do you follow Dave Ramsey's program by chance?
No, I haven't heard of that. We follow the husband's version of frugality: DON'T SPEND!
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #138
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
Sounds like my kids. Social cripples... NOT!!!

No, I haven't heard of that. We follow the husband's version of frugality: DON'T SPEND!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
Angie- I lived about 45 minutes west of Montreal (15 minutes from the border of Ontario/Quebec) from the age of 3-11. My mom is American, but my dad is French-Canadian. I speak French fluently, although I am forgetting at lot of it from not practicing. Have you ever tried poutine????
ahh oui! ...peut-être il faut parler en français !

mmmmmmm poutine so delicious!

I have been to Montreal many times! I love it there!! If all my family/friends weren't in Toronto, I would definitely live in Montreal.
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Stats: (Pre-HCG 291)275.2/170.4/175 AT GOAL
WOE: 411(2005)/291(Jan. '12)/170(NOW) HCG/now JUDDD/LC
Start Date: LC~Jan. 20, 2012 hHCG~March 20, 2012
My name is Angela, & I am 41 y.o. I am 18 years married, and have 2 boys, Seth-13 & Sage-9, and 1 spoiled Golden & 1 very, very spoiled longhair black kitty!! & 1 Beta fish. We are originally So. Cali natives up until 6 years ago...we sold our home for stupid-crazy money, and moved to Fort Worth TX to pay cash for a brand-new home.

I am a PreK/elementary private school teacher of 17 years. Teaching 4 y.o.'s right now...but 2nd grade is my fave. Hubby is an HVAC technician(commercial & residential), and hopefully by next year, we are going to start/run our own HVAC business.

I do NOT home-school...but my boys attend a private Christian school.

What else.... Have to think on it...

Angela in TX~170.4 lbs.
LDW=175.6
New goal----->170ish
Crazy PreK Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
It's been lovely to read about all you lovely ladies!

I'm Danielle, I'm *cough*cough*cough*..43, married 18yrs(together for 20), with 3 kids; 20,18 & 16...I grew up in S. Cali, lived in N. Cali for 10 years before moving to the desert (which I HATE), and cannot wait to move back to N. Cali in a few years..

I'm the oldest of 4 girls, each 6 & 7 years apart, with my youngest sister being 20 years younger than me I was primarily a SAHM for 20 years, went back to school the last coupla years but still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up! I changed my major so many times I gave up and started just taking classes that interested me...Asian history, nutrition, computer system management, even a history of rock & roll class....who knew it existed! Decided I'm done for awhile and will take time off to focus on weight loss and getting my health back on track (I'm very excited about this!) and juggle my 2 teenage girls busy schedules...they're more work now than they ever were at 3 & 5!

We are about 18 months out from being empty nesters. Not sure how I feel about that! The time I had with my 3 kids was absolute joy, ...well, all accept the one year I had to homeschool them.... never again!
I love to read and go to the movies. Avid concert goer and getting "ink done". We are not the "norm" for parental units, much to my kids delight

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

So interesting!! JUDDD BUDDD's are a classy set!!

Next we'll be posting pics of tats! Mine says JUDDD OR BUST (on me hiney)

ExH owns a tattoo parlor...and we are friendly. Think he'd consider a free tat?

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-15-2012 at 02:35 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
So interesting!! JUDDD BUDDD's are a classy set!!

Next we'll be posting pics of tats! Mine says JUDDD OR BUST (on me hiney)

ExH owns a tattoo parlor...and we are friendly. Think he'd consider a free tat?
I can't remember who, but someone (maybe PirateJenn) mentioned that the Sirt1 symbol would make an interesting tat.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

One thing's for sure, Sunday. If you get a JUDDD or Sirt1 tat, you will have to stick with it (and JUDDD) for life. Might be a good idea!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I can't remember who, but someone (maybe PirateJenn) mentioned that the Sirt1 symbol would make an interesting tat.
There was a whole thread about it at one time I think. I know I was looking into getting Pami's JUDDD BUDDD snowflake as a tattoo.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Dawn, could you post a link to that (JB snowflake)? Or post a pic here?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #147

Mini Goal Rewards

Post number 35.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

I love it!! Thank you! Are you still considering it?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #149

Yep. I haven't decided where it would go though, or how big it needs to be to show the detail but still remain snow-flakey.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I need to wait until I lose about 50 lbs before I do that. Otherwise, it might seem like wishful thinking.