Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I'm late to the party...as usual!

I'm Danielle. I'm 31, married for a year. We met in high school, but were just friends. In fact, I went to his first wedding. Anyway, we are so happy life worked out the way it did. We don't have kids and I'm not sure that I want any. He can go either way. I don't know what the future holds for us there. We have a dog (his) and a cat (mine) and we do pretty well. I feel like we spend all of our spare time cleaning something...housework never ends! How would you add a kid to that? I don't know...

I went to school to be a vet, but changed my major to wildlife biology during the first year. Ended up going to law school after that. Passed the bar in several states, but don't actively practice. I work for the State and make far to little money...

I started doing ballet again as an adult (few years when I was young) and I really enjoy it. I'd love to get on pointe again...we will see. I love to exercise! I wish I didn't have the physical problems that I do, because I'd do much more. I love to run, but just can't anymore. Physical activity has saved my life though...I'd be in constant pain without it and I refuse to give up!

I'm very interested in all things "psychic" and loved reading Beeb's story. I used to "see dead people" but shut that off because it scared the crap out of me. I love to watch Ghost Hunters though! I'm very sensitive to people's emotions though and I *know* there is an afterlife. I'm working on expanding my "gift."

Other than that, I like to read, learn, and explore. I love to travel (and wish I did it more!). I love to repurpose old furniture and other objects (lamps, old printer drawers) into fun things. I'd love to make it into a business someday. Again, we will see. There aren't enough hours in the day.

Loving meeting you all!

<---- And my avatar is a picture of my hubby and I in Vegas. I did it on Microsoft Paint.

Last edited by DD80; 05-03-2012 at 04:28 PM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Shelby I got my first tattoo when I was 40. I'm 53 now. About three years ago I got very very sick and was in the icu in the hospital, my right arm was purple it was so bruised from the constant taking of blood. Due to my injuries they couldn't take blood from my left arm. When I got better I had butterflies (5 so far) tattooed on my right arm flying wrist to shoulder. They go really well with the dragonfly that was already at my collarbone. Butterflies represent how fragile life is, which was definetly something I learned in the hospital. I have a roses and barbed wired band around my left arm and a young mermaid on my right calf. My daughter and I are getting matching tats this summer. When I see my right arm I don't have bad memories I only see butterflies in every color of the rainbow. I heard someone say that you don't get a tattoo you earn it, it's a good pain!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I'm mostly nothing too!

There really isn't much to me. I have a HS education. A going nowhere job. And no life outside of home life.

I was raised by parents who are addicts. Still are to this day. My younger siblings have followed in our parents footsteps It breaks my heart.

My cousin was kidnapped and murdered at a young age and that was always drilled in to my head by my parents. This caused me to live my life in fear. Always afraid to go any where on my own.

Everyone always asks me How did you turn out so good? I don't have an answer.

I am almost 30 and have been with my BF for almost 11yrs. We have an amazing son together. He's my everything

I've recently became a paranormal researcher. It's the most amazing thing I've ever experienced outside of being a parent.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it
Goal 4: 145
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I'm mostly nothing too!

There really isn't much to me.
this probably isn't the place for me to say this-- but DON"T SAY THAT ABOUT YOURSELF!

You are OBVIOUSLY quite SOMETHING if you didn't follow in your parents and family's footsteps.

If you've created a healthy relationship for 11yrs with another person.

If you've raised a terrific boy.

How would he feel if he heard you say that?

You are strong, and getting stronger. You can do whatever you want with your life. STOP NEGATIVE SELF TALK and treat yourself kindly and with love, because you deserve it.

Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

You are truly something! How many people could build a good life after that start? Well you did and that makes you extra special.

@Shelby, many thanks, and my cats are Norwegian Forest cats.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: llindsey26
Stats: 5'2" - 255 pre VSG on 2/2009, 200/187/135
WOE: lc then JUDDD now Stillman's
Start Date: JUDDD 3/28/12/ Stillmans 11/26/12 again 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
this probably isn't the place for me to say this-- but DON"T SAY THAT ABOUT YOURSELF!

You are OBVIOUSLY quite SOMETHING if you didn't follow in your parents and family's footsteps.

If you've created a healthy relationship for 11yrs with another person.

If you've raised a terrific boy.

How would he feel if he heard you say that?

You are strong, and getting stronger. You can do whatever you want with your life. STOP NEGATIVE SELF TALK and treat yourself kindly and with love, because you deserve it.

Soren

I ditto this!!!!

You are something!
llindsey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Melisa....You definitely are someone special. Sounds like you have come through so much in your young life and I commend you. Being a Mom is the absolute most important job in the world in my opinion. I hope JUDDDing with us all here will get you where you want to be and healthy for your precious little boy and for yourself as well. I have come to realize how caring everyone is here and I bet you have to. Never ever forget how special you really are. What a shining example you must be for your son. Your words reflect a caring and compassionate heart, and to me, that's more valuable than any degree.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Hi I'm Arlene, I just started JUDDing last week and love it. I will be 44 at the end of this month. Married 14 years to an awesome man, he is a mechanic and also an all around handy man, great to have around the house LOL. I am a bookkeeper, I have had my own business since 95. We had a son in 99 and then started Foster care ( I almost died giving birth) so we felt it was a good way to give kids a safe home until they returned to their family or were adopted, and also gave our son some company being an only child and all. Well then life changed, LOL We adopted Tiffany, she is 7 now, we have had her since she was 4 weeks old. She is 6 years younger than our son. Tiffany has Fetal Alcohol and is a real struggle. I stayed at home with the kids until they both started school full time, I scaled back my bookkeeping and worked a bit in the home, so I could remain with them. now that they are both in school FT I work about 32 hours outside the home and the rest in house. Once Tiff was "legally" ours and the other children had moved on (we always had 6 at a time) we stopped doing Foster Care because the constant changes were not good for Tiff. We then moved to the country and love it here. Tiff is a huge struggle and may very well not be able to live independant of us ever, but she is such a blessing as well. It is very difficult since many people do not understand FAS to get any support but were getting by. Always on alert waiting for that call from the school to come get your kid, LOL. Anyhow as a family we love to camp, we are finally putting a pool in our back yard this summer, and have really did it up, so we will enjoy entertaining more at home this year

" Give God what's right, not what's left"
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #99

Arlene how wonderful that you have adopted Tiffany. I am sure that despite being hard sometimes, she must be a great blessing to your family. You may have noticed that my older DD has Downs. She has accomplished so much that we never expected and is now married and living almost independently. She is 45 now.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Arlene how wonderful that you have adopted Tiffany. I am sure that despite being hard sometimes, she must be a great blessing to your family. You may have noticed that my older DD has Downs. She has accomplished so much that we never expected and is now married and living almost independently. She is 45 now.
Thank you, and yes she is such a blessing, a very loving child. We had a DS and an OT work with her since she was 4 mo. old, they would come to the house every other week. I think it made a huge difference with her. She is very bright and does great with her subjects in school, when she wants to. Our biggest concern with her at the moment is her behavior, oh my she's a little brawler.

I'm happy to hear your DD is doing so well, I can only pray that Tiff will be as fortunate.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #101

Me too, with folks like you to back her, she has a better chance than many.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Me too, with folks like you to back her, she has a better chance than many.
Aww thanks
Old 05-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
How come I never spotted this thread before, it's been great reading all the responses (well I got to page 2 but will finish soon).

As for me, I'm a stay at home mom who has way too many hobbies (baking, jewelry designing, avid reader, sewing, painting, playing with polymer clay etc..).

I have been married to my husband 25 years, I will be turning 46 in a matter of days (May 18), we have 3 boys, Jake 17, Zach 15, and Matthew 10. Zach is autistic and doesn't talk all that much, he is in 8th grade and reads at a 3rd grade level and does 3rd-4th grade math, he will be starting High School next year which scares the crap out of me! He has the same teacher/aides for at least 3 years and when he and the other guys (there is 4 kids in his very specialized Special Ed room) move on the first year is typically a throw away year as they all go through anxiety with new situations and Zach in perticular will start "testing" the new teacher, seeing where his limits are, the second year he's an angel! Zach will always live with my husband and I, we plan on traveling a lot when we retire and Zach is part of the plan, he loves traveling thank goodness!

Lets see, we have a Golden Retriever (Charlotte), 6 parakeets (Rosie and Cloudy are the mom and dad of Windy, Snowy, Tiny and Pepper (who just passed away 2 weeks ago ) and Blueberry, who we call uncle Blueberry because he's not related to the other guys. Matthew just got a hamster for his Birthday whom he named Shadow (she's black and a total sweety!!), my love is my African Grey Kellie, she is 13, we know she's a female due to her seasonal egg laying. We also have about 40 Guppies! matthew's teacher asked if we would like two a couple years ago and they just kept having babies!! I finally separated them 6 months ago but found 2 dead babies and 1 live baby when I was cleaning the female tank a month or so ago, I took the baby out and put him in his own tank but he was dead the next day.

Anyone want some Guppies?!?

That is all I'll bore you with.... you're welcome...

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Last edited by Becky; 05-09-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I'm mostly nothing too!

There really isn't much to me. I have a HS education. A going nowhere job. And no life outside of home life.

I was raised by parents who are addicts. Still are to this day. My younger siblings have followed in our parents footsteps It breaks my heart.

My cousin was kidnapped and murdered at a young age and that was always drilled in to my head by my parents. This caused me to live my life in fear. Always afraid to go any where on my own.

Everyone always asks me How did you turn out so good? I don't have an answer.

I am almost 30 and have been with my BF for almost 11yrs. We have an amazing son together. He's my everything

I've recently became a paranormal researcher. It's the most amazing thing I've ever experienced outside of being a parent.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it
You are not nothing!!! everyone has a story, everyone has something in their life to live for, your son is obviously the light of your life and you are his no doubt! Don't hold youself in such low esteem....
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Bump!!
I am really missing some of these folks that I haven't heard from for a long time.

Any newbies want to add to this?
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi I'm Carly! Most of you know me but here it goes...
I'm 36 yrs old. I married the love of my life 4.5 years ago. We married 30 stories above Niagra Falls (Canada). We are both women and in 2008 were not allowed to marry in NY- that changed last year . I've never lived anywhere but New York, but have been blessed to travel a great deal.
I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I am the Quality Assurance Director at one of the big mental health agency in my area, where I also carry a caseload of 30 patients. I'm also a CASAC-T so treat a number of dually diagnoses patients.

My career started in psychiatric hospitals treating the SPMI population. I worked with many patients who are on the autisim spectrim as well. I still have a really soft spot for patients with schizophrenia and patients with Aspergers Syndrome.

My work life is offen filled with "crisis" whether it is a patient who is in crisis or a newly uncovered compliance risk area for the agency.

I'm on call 24/7 for all the clients I treat, but am allowed to pull myself "off call" 2 weeks per year. My wife and I are going back to Niagra Falls later this month and I will be OFF CALL!!!!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
P.S. At age 21 I retired from professional acting. I did stage and television as well as some print work. That seems like another life...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
Oh wow, how come I never saw this before? lol
I am 34, will be 35 in December. My hubby and I have been married for 5 1/2 years, but we were B/f/f's before then. He was married to his ex and miserable, I was married to my ex and miserable. We both liked each other, but didn't know it because we each thought the other was happy in their marriage. We met at a foundry here in Richmond, IN where we worked together. After we left there (still not sure if we quit or got fired, we both went home sick one day. Food poisoning. And the supervisor said we walked out. The union thru my grievance out without even looking at it and DH got as far as some talks with management and union reps and then....nothing Doesn't matter anymore because the plant closed and left Richmond.) I worked at KMart for 4 1/2 years, and I have been at my job at the local movie theater for 1 1/2 years. I love it there! Free movies and all the popcorn, pop, and icee I want when I work. Hubby works at Stuckey's. We have a 14 year old and a 2 year old min pin. I love to read and cook. I have been known to plant myself in front of the computer, on this site, looking at DD recipes allll day
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SavLexiMom
Stats: 5'7'' 282/210.4/150
WOE: Restarted JUDDD 11/27/12 at 217.8
Hi everyone! I'm Mandi I'm 30 and have been married for 7 years. DH and I have been together for 12 years. We have 4 kids- Savannah is 5, Lexi is 3, and our twins, Seth and Millie, are 1! We have always wanted 4 children, but never in a million years thought we would have twins. Such a blessing! We also have our furbabies, Peach the dog and Mooky the cat. I was a Pre-K teacher until DD2 was born. Now, I'm a stay at home mom and a Scentsy consultant. I am homeschooling my oldest two and having a blast! We have a super busy life, but I wouldn't change a single thing
Old 09-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Hi, My name is Ann. I started JUDDD two weeks ago. My greatest blessings in life call me Nana. I'm 53 yrs. young & have 6 grandchildren (ages 7 yrs. - 8 mos.) I've been married for 35 yrs. & have two grown sons. Unfortunately, I've been sedentary over the last couple of years with chronic pain from osteo-arthritis in my hip, so I'm having total hip replacement surgery next Monday. I'm looking forward to living a pain free, active & long life with my family. I miss doing all the active things I used to do, such as; working out regularly, horseback riding, biking, skating, cross country skiing, golfing, gardening, hiking in the woods & walking on the beach. I currently spend a lot of my time reading, listening & researching on the internet sites, blogs, tele-seminars & podcasts about the mind, body, spirit, metaphysical, philosophical, theological, relationships, interior design & landscaping. I'm a JUDDD BUDD who is motivated by the health & longevity benefits of IF, along with pre & post operative weight loss.

Along the way, I look forward to getting to know others who are JUDDDing as a WOE & as a Lifestyle.

Last edited by SlimNana; 09-01-2012 at 10:09 PM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
This is a cool thread. . .

I'm Marla, age not-quite-55, and started JUDDD three weeks ago. I'm mother of two grown sons, no daughters-in-law or grands yet. My husband passed away in 1999 after a heart transplant

My day job is as a textbook editorial manager for a technical publishing company, and I work closely with the fire service and petroleum engineering industry. In my spare time I'm a symphony soloist and manager of the symphony chorale. Rehearsals just started up last week for the new season, so life just got real busy again.

And hopefully JUDDD will get me comfortably back into my chorale dress in a couple of weeks (which I'm wearing in my profile photo, but you can't see just how tight the bottom half was looking in that pic )
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Really enjoy getting to "know" all of you!

My name is Linda (if you hadn't already guessed) and I have been here at LCF for over 12 years......that's a long time!
I started out at the Century Club and was successful in losing 110lbs. on LC the year I was turning 50. I kept it off for over 4 years and then the weight strted to creep back on....and here I am again....no matter how many times I started LC again I could never stick to it.
I am so glad to have found JUDDD. It is an awesome way to lose the #s.

Now about my personal life....I am 61 years old...been married to the same guy for almost 43 years.....the Mother of two awesome grown kids...my daughter is 37, is married and the mother of 2 awesome kids herself. She lives in TX...and is way too far away. My son is 35...almost 36...and works here locally.

I started out as a hairdresser and then when I had my children I was a SAHM...I was always the room mother...went on all the field trips etc. We attended all their sports and it was grand. I did fill in with many parttime jobs from Wrangler jean inventory, Tupperware, delivering newspapers and telephone books, and was an American Greetings merchandiser for over 18 years. I enjoyed bowling for a few years after I got my weight off the last time.
8 and 1/2 years ago I was doing some ladies hair at the local Assisted Living...I lost 2 of them within 2 weeks of one another. The head housekeeper ask if I was interested in parttime work. I said sure and so started doing housekeeping. About 2 1/2 years into it an opening came up in Activities...so I was the Activity Assistant for 3 years until my boss retired and they offered me the job as director.
I plan all the activities...outings, games, crafts, entertainment and am also in charge of the transportation to Dr. appts. It sometimes is very busy. Some days I really feel my age...but the residents remind me I am still young...yeah right!
I love to laugh....would love to travel more...and look forward to "meeting more of you!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #113
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Wow guys. Like many, I'm just having time to discover this thread and what a blessing! I'm so happy to learn more about each of you. What a diverse, talented, and schmarty mcschmartipants group of ladies we have here!!!

Many of you know me from being here at LCF for what feels like "almost forever". I think I've been posting here since about 2001 (although I can't even remember when I became pooti!).

I'm a freelance graphic designer by trade and have been in advertising and marketing for close to 30 years. My other obsession is food. Gee Wally. Really? LOL!

I'm a recipe developer and writer and keep a couple of food blogs (addresses in my sig). I'm also writing for an online magazine - sorry, I can't mention their name but you will know it from my website. I would love to write a cookbook one day and help people understand how to transform their life through proper nutrition and by never giving up.

At one time I weighed over 314lbs (314 official pounds by the scale but I was doing Atkins for 3 weeks prior to my first weigh-in...so it was probably closer to 320lbs). I'm teetering on 100lbs lost. It only took 12 years and many tries to "get it". So never give up! I'm also recovering from a late stage breast cancer and am walking proof, diet DOES influence cancer treatment outcomes.

I've been with the same fella for going on 13 years and am still in love with him and love him. We're BFFs too! I'm blessed. Life is good. We don't have any kiddos, but because of kid-envy, we invented our sock monkey boys (kinda like Curious George) who get into quite a few scrapes. They are cheeky monkeys and frequently make appearances in the blogs! Oh and I'm a team mom of HASSL (pronounced, hassle) - Houston Area Simian Soccer League. You wouldn't believe what having "boys" who play in the HASSL club prevents us from "getting to do" on the weekends.

Oh and I've lost about 50+ of my pounds while JUDDDing...just sayin'.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Thank you for sharing everyone! It is great to be budds with all of you!

sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Hey Carly - if you haven't heard of it before, look into staying at Niagra on the Lake which is soooo much lovelier and less touristy. Still close enough to easily tour the falls. Have a great time!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Love this thread. (Carly, you make me proud to be Canadian.)
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Thanks for updating this y'all! It is so fun for me to read about all of you!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
everyone!

I spend a lot of spare time out at the wineries in Niagara-on-the-lake so I sent Carly a PM all about it Hope it's a great trip.

Amazing to read about the diverse lives of everyone here
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'm 30 years old and have 3 absolutely endearing and exhausting children: a 6 year old boy, a 4 year old boy, and a precocious daughter who is nearly 2. My DH and I met in college while living in the same dorm and have been together ever since, about 11 years total. I have a degree in psychology and mostly specialize in I/O. My husband who is my polar opposite has a MS in computer science and a highly technical managerial position at Walmart headquarters which means LONG hours so there wasn't a lot of time left for the kids. We made the decision a couple years ago that it would be better for everyone if I stayed with the kids at least until they are all in school and I have never regretted that. It is the most exhausting and fulfilling job I've ever had.

How interesting you all are! I hadn't seen this before and learned so much.

Last edited by brewstate; 09-04-2012 at 11:07 AM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/199/180
Fun thread!

I'm Lisa....41...engaged to my best friend. I'm a Security Director for a computer company (going on 15 years). I couldn't decide on a college degree (torn between music performance and criminal justice)....so I just went ahead and got both. I supplemented my income giving jazz improv lessons and playing in a band. I play the saxophone--bet you already knew that though.

I've worked in many correctional/AODA environments and have been considering getting my Master's in AODA counseling. I've been both encouraged and disheartened by my experience working with correctional inmates preparing for release into the community, and I've come to the conclusion that not everyone wants to be helped. I do believe in rehabilitation, and I'd love to be a part of it.

Oh, I forgot to mention...I don't have children, but I have a very energetic, sweet Jack Russell Terrier that has my heart (Well, I should say...she splits it with my fiancé)
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote