Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Big decision to make

To those who didn't read my last thread, in a nutshell, no loss for two weeks due to hormones. I had a one day sweet tooth blowout plus pizza. I went from 123 lb to 128lbs overnight. There's no way I ate over 17,500 extra calories yesterday. You can imagine how my mood is right now.i need advice quickly because I need to make a quick decision. I'm considering, because
Juddd has not been forgiving to me, not this time, going back to Adkins just for the two week induction period then right back to Juddd to drop back down quickly to 123 lb GoD willing. I've read the sirt 1 has about a two week half life so I won't lose my Juddd health benefits not connected to weight loss. I feel like I need to shake things up big time to get back to 123 lbs before another Cycle starts again. Opinions please. I'm feeling very defeated and devastated:cr y:I have to know soon how to approach my day!
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well you have to do what is best for you..We all have to decide what WOE we can do for the rest of our lives.. when making your decision.. ask your self this.. " can i eat like this for the rest of my life" And you will find your answer. What ever your choice.. that WOE will be used for maintainace as well.. so choose what you can live with
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
It's just water. If you go back to Atkins induction, all you'll be losing is water. If you're okay with that, and want the quick loss, why don't you do Atkins Induction WITH JUDDD? They aren't mutually exclusive.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I agree with Dawn. They can be done at the same time. I bounced up about 6 pounds after a BIG UD in MArch and it took a few DD's but it dropped quickly.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I do low-carb and JUDDD. Why can't you have the best of both worlds?
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
A lot of females here only lose two weeks out of the month due to being female...

You're at a healthy weight already, so maybe your body needs to "pause" where it's at for the time being?

I hate to see people jump from plan to plan after only a short time of not losing on their current plan. Why? Pauses happen with ANY plan. Maybe you're looking at the great losses everyone else has and are getting frustrated? Just remember, most of us are overweight, not at a healthy weight yet.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
A lot of females here only lose two weeks out of the month due to being female...

You're at a healthy weight already, so maybe your body needs to "pause" where it's at for the time being?

I hate to see people jump from plan to plan after only a short time of not losing on their current plan. Why? Pauses happen with ANY plan. Maybe you're looking at the great losses everyone else has and are getting frustrated? Just remember, most of us are overweight, not at a healthy weight yet.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
You are probably feeling discouraged and frustrated in stereo on loud speakers in your head because of female hormone craziness. We all understand, Sweetie!!! And, it's understandable to want to be at goal and not have it take so long.

Truth is, for most of us, as we get closer to goal it's just a slow journey. Then you throw in the monthly cycle for you youngsters and it's like being a turtle in a gerbil wheel! (Getting no where, slow!)

Why don't you give yourself today to think before you make any big changes. You had an UD yesterday. Today you can have a DD. Eat lean protein and a lot of it. If I were you, I would give myself permission to eat up to DD maintenance level numbers today and just eat lean protein, drink green tea and lots of water and have some fat free dairy like Greek yogurt.

You need to flush out some of that water so you will feel better about everything.

Did you know lean protein + water = diuretic?? It's true and a very healthy thing you can do for yourself today. Take your vitamins!!! (now I sound like your mother or grandmother!)

Are you taking Omega 3 capsules like fish oil? They are a great mood lifter along with lots of water.

Try to see how great you are and how close to goal you are!!! Remind yourself turtles are beautiful, too, and you are not in a race with anyone.

Do something nice for YOU today, ok??? Then get a good night's sleep and push the decision about making any changes to your WOE tomorrow. K??

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Try to see how great you are and how close to goal you are!!! Remind yourself turtles are beautiful, too, and you are not in a race with anyone.
I love this YamYam!~
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TraciLew
Stats: 210/208.5/145 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
You are probably feeling discouraged and frustrated in stereo on loud speakers in your head because of female hormone craziness.
I can relate to this. I realized over the weekend my whineys I was feeling late last week was all PMS! My cycle has been screwed up over the past couple of months, but TOM appeared this morning, so I know it was affecting me! Both weight wise and mood!
TraciLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Then you throw in the monthly cycle for you youngsters and it's like being a turtle in a gerbil wheel! (Getting no where, slow!)
Remind yourself turtles are beautiful, too, and you are not in a race with anyone.

I love this...........turtles!! This should now be a JUDD "classic".
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #12

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Please take your time. You are full of fluids and you are stressed.

Give it more time. JUDDD is worthy of it, I promise.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I could tell ya why to stick it out. That this happens. But honestly you seem like you made your mind up to do it either way. But can I tell you one thing. Once you start switching back and forth, your gonna make it harder on yourself! After so many restarts with Atkins it doesnt work like it "used" to either!

I agree with Dawn and say why not do LC JUDDD. You get the benefits you want with both plans.

Your so close to goal. At this point, you also need to make a decision as to how you want to maintain! I think if your gonna switch plans when one fails give you the results you want to try another, your gonna start yo-yo maintaining and eventually that will get harder til the weight creeps back up on you!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Another voice chiming in with the low carb JUDDD. They work really well together. Then, when the 2 weeks are over, introduce carbs SLOWLY. A potato with dinner on one UD, then lc for your DD. Did cravings kick in? Were you hungrier? If no, try bread on the next UD with one meal. See what happens. Then on the next UD, try something with sugar. If cravings or hunger rear up, go back to lc until you are in control again.

For most people, I don't really think veggie carbs cause many issues, so for me, I would have no problem with having a few more carbs if they came from veggies. Save the fruits until the 2 weeks are over. You will lose water weight, so if the number on the scale is important, that will get you there, and mentally, you'll be in a better place to evaluate what to do next.

(((hugs))), it's hard to so close to goal, and then watch it bounce away again.

For me, I just needed to make the decision to maintain for a few weeks a little higher than I wanted to be. When I went back to wl numbers again, I lost easily (more easily than I had even at the very beginning with JUDDD--4 pounds in 2 weeks). You may just need a rest stop. And it is SO much easier on the brain to DECIDE to rest, than to have it imposed upon you.

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 04-30-2012 at 12:07 PM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Iturtles!

They are slow but sure to target!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I can't thank you all enough for your support. Each of you had a pearl of wisdom in what you said. I am going to tough it out and stay the course on Juddd but not with LC. I didn't have a big FD because of cravings I was just upset and wanted to break the rules. Nothing tasted as great as I remembered anyway and I felt sick much of the day.I still can't believe it cost me 5 lbs of retained water.Hopefully I'll be spending a lot of time in the bathroom the next few days. You were all crucial in my decision to not take a vacation from Juddd I've been known to make a rash decision here and there lol.No more FD for me, totally not worth it.This really is the most giving group of Juddd Buddds, so lucky I stumbled upon you
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #17

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wise choice. x
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
WooooHoooo!!! Muffabuff!!! You're gonna make it after alllllll! (I have that old Mary-Tyler Moore theme song in my head!! You have to be in my age bracket to remember it probably!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
WooooHoooo!!! Muffabuff!!! You're gonna make it after alllllll! (I have that old Mary-Tyler Moore theme song in my head!! You have to be in my age bracket to remember it probably!!!

Phyl
I remember it!! I used to watch that, Dick van ****, and I love Lucy on Nick at night all the time!!! I loved those shows!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post

Phyl
I remember too! I am spinning around in the middle of the street throwing my hat up in the air! And does anyone remember the old lady in the background with glasses and a scarf over her hair looking at Mary?

Anyway - Muffabuff - I think you made a very wise decision. I understand only too well wanting to jump to another program but I know that JUDDD is something I can stay with long term. Nothing else was something I could do forever. I wish you luck and patience. We both need it!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I'm so glad you are staying the course! We'll keep you on track when you feel yourself wanting to quit.

And I remember MTM too. Actually used her in an answer in the Outburst game we played this weekend (famous people named Moore).
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Just wanted to give you a big hug, Vanessa! Hope things are looking brighter. We're here for you anytime you need. So glad you're still JUDDDg with us.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote