Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
DH's interesting idea

I have really appreciated those of you who answered my latest thread about not losing any weight the last two weeks. It seems that I am in very good company as a lot of us don't lose the week before and the week of TOM. I am in peri menopause and my DH made an interesting suggestion. My first goal weight was 123 lbs and I'm going to give it one or two more months to see if I can reach my next goal of 120 lbs, then the last goal of 115 lbs. But if I can't he suggested that I go into maintaince at 123lbs until I'm through peri meno and actually in meno and done with my cycles before trying to lose any more weight. He thinks maybe my body is comfortable at 123 lbs at this point in time and I am now at a healthy BMI after losing 20 lbs. Then when my body doesn't have to deal with the hormonal cycles anymore, then I should go back to 20% DD and try to lose the last 3-8 lbs( maybe even a little more). He is actually making a lot of sense to me. At this point my jeans fit comfortably as do most of my clothes and I am out of the overweight category on the BMI scale, so it's not a bad resting weight. Like I said, I'll give myself one or two more months to see if I can get below 123 lb, if not I'll go into maintaince for a bit. I want to work with my body not fight against it, the hormones would win anyway. But I definetly will take a loss two weeks out of every four, that's better than nothing! Now I just need to step on the scale tomarrow morning to see how much damage my FD did to my body today.I doubt I'm still at 123 lb I'm actually lookingvforwardvto tomorrow being a DD, I feel so full and stuffed, I've forgotten how bad that feels. You all as always
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Count me as one who could maintain but not lose during peri- and menopause. Once those hormones calmed down, losing weight came back into my life.

It sounds like that is a very pragmatic and do-able plan!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
What a wise and caring man your DH sounds.

JUDDD maintenance is a very nice place to live, long or short term, as many on these boards are finding.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
That sounds like a brilliant plan. I can't imagine trying to push my body to lose during peri, but maintaining--what a great idea (instead of gaining like I did!). Once I came out the "other side," it was a lot easier for me to deal with weight loss and diet issues, and I had a much more clear picture of the lifestyle changes I wanted to make.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
I have really appreciated those of you who answered my latest thread about not losing any weight the last two weeks. It seems that I am in very good company as a lot of us don't lose the week before and the week of TOM. I am in peri menopause and my DH made an interesting suggestion. My first goal weight was 123 lbs and I'm going to give it one or two more months to see if I can reach my next goal of 120 lbs, then the last goal of 115 lbs. But if I can't he suggested that I go into maintaince at 123lbs until I'm through peri meno and actually in meno and done with my cycles before trying to lose any more weight. He thinks maybe my body is comfortable at 123 lbs at this point in time and I am now at a healthy BMI after losing 20 lbs. Then when my body doesn't have to deal with the hormonal cycles anymore, then I should go back to 20% DD and try to lose the last 3-8 lbs( maybe even a little more). He is actually making a lot of sense to me. At this point my jeans fit comfortably as do most of my clothes and I am out of the overweight category on the BMI scale, so it's not a bad resting weight. Like I said, I'll give myself one or two more months to see if I can get below 123 lb, if not I'll go into maintaince for a bit. I want to work with my body not fight against it, the hormones would win anyway. But I definetly will take a loss two weeks out of every four, that's better than nothing! Now I just need to step on the scale tomarrow morning to see how much damage my FD did to my body today.I doubt I'm still at 123 lb I'm actually lookingvforwardvto tomorrow being a DD, I feel so full and stuffed, I've forgotten how bad that feels. You all as always
Sound advice from your dh.

It is a good thing to stop fighting. You may get a pleasant surprise tomorrow!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote