Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Cheating as I write this

Two weeks zero losses! The first week was a pms week. The second week was TOM. But seriously NOTHING! I'm just finishing up with TOM but other than an extra 100 calories on two DD I stuck to my calories perfectly. I've never taken a FF or a MD as I really don't believe in making up this woe to suit my needs, I do it as Dr. J says it should be done. Today however I'm being honest, I'm taking the day OFF! Everything and anything in the quantities I want, all day! Just 24 hours that's it, my DH is joining me, yay. But I still need my Juddd Buddds to help me to understand what's going on here. I starting to worry that I'm only going to lose 2 out of every 4 weeks because of hormones, but that hasn't been the cause until now. And I've worked out. Of course I know cheating is counter productive but I need some emotional healing and a mani/ pedi just ain't gonna cut it. What's going on with thisBody of mine? I really need all the explanations and/ or advice you all have to offer.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Lots of us do only lose two weeks out of the month, and the other weeks we just grit our teeth and go on. Part of the joys of being a woman, and all that.

I hope your day off nourishes your body and your spirit and you come back to JUDDD refreshed and ready to relax, rejoice, rotate as our lovely Kissa says.

Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #3

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry this has been happening, and if you are determined to eat today, that's okay I guess.

Just to remind you though, you do only diet 2 out of every 4 weeks.

I do think you could have reasonably expected to see a loss after such a good 2 weeks. I am sure you have looked carefully at your numbers.

Anyway, I am sending you lots of big

Tomorrow really is another day.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Take a day off. Sometimes it's good for the soul to just relax and go with the flow.

As to why you're losing only two weeks out of every four, is there a chance you just have a very complicated ladycycle?! Everyone is different in that respect - maybe if you track the weeks you're not losing very carefully, you might see a pattern emerge?
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey I'm right there with you. April's losses have been abysmal. Trying to figure out what my next move is. Seems I don't lose when I ovulate and when TOM rolls around. Love it. Not.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Weren't you saying you were constipated in the other thread? Maybe that is why the scale isn't moving? Just a thought.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Well, the fiber gummies finally kicked back in so it's not constipation. And last month I believe I lost three out of the four weeks so I wouldn't say this is a pattern yet. I honestly needed to take a free day today or I would have just spent the day crying, I'm so frustrated. I'm terrified that I'm going to stall out like I did on Adkins and my BMI is not anywhere close to where I want it to be. Tomorrow I'm jumping right back in with a DD and will try not to dwell on the last two weeks. I just can't get my mind in a positive direction, I'm convinced I'll never lose another ounce. Ugggg!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I track my weight and calories daily, along with my cycle, and I graph it all. I have never lost around ovulation and TOM time, so in the 6 months I've been JUDDDing, I always lose only 2 weeks out of every month. Gotta love being a woman. I do know this doesn't happen for everyone though, so I hope it's not the case for you!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Not sure how to do this - but trying to put my graph in. Do you weigh once a week or every day?

If I had only weighed at the top points of my graph - well, I may be discouraged too!

1st peak = TOM second peak = too much food and drink!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graph April - May.jpg (31.8 KB, 3 views)
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Just realised that probably didn't sound very caring - was concentrating on how to get graph in!!

I can't remember how long you've been doing this - but it could just be a set-point - I've just gotten past one and am 8lbs away from the next - I don't want to, but I fully expect to have a little stop around 215lbs!

I think having an enjoyable day is a great plan - just know the scale will bounce up - but it will bounce down again!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Having a bounce myself today after a pretty good DD and UD. Up 2 lbs for some unknown reason. Stuff happens.

You will lose again and much more that an ounce.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote