Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Starting JUDDD LC, questions about reintroducing carbs

I'm on P3 of HCG, but JUDDDing as I do it. (And I'm two pounds below my LDW after 9 days!) Because of being on P3 and the advice to start JUDDD low carb, that's what I'm doing. (Though I still eat apples and berries and small amounts of other fruits, so I'm not Atkins-Induction strict.)

I'm just wondering if there's a good way of introducing carbs again in a few weeks. Like UDs only? Certain types of carbs to start with? Best time of day to try them?

And does anyone notice any side effects at first? The scale suddenly bouncing upwards? Tummy issues? Other symptoms? If so, for how long?

Or do some of you just experience 100% "JUDDD magic"?
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I don't know anything about HCG, so I'm not sure how you'll be affected adding carbs back in that regard. With straight JUDDDing, it seems everybody reacts a little differently, but there's generally some water weight gain associated with the reintroduction of carbs. Some jump in feet first (I did) and some add them back one at a time to figure out how that particular carb affects them. I'm sorry I can't really offer any definitive answers, just the standard "YMMV."
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I was LC for three years and just jumped in with no issues (even splurged in the first couple weeks with Big Macs, fries, etc.). Others have found that they've had to add one thing at a time, see how their bodies reacted, and go from there. I believe it's an individual thing, really. Funny thing is, even though I can eat anything I want now, I gravitate toward the lower carb foods still, so I would consider myself a moderate carb JUDDDer.

Congratulations on your weight loss success!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I was a sneaker.

Frankly, carbs triggered both binges and sugar spikes/crashes in me. But I also felt better when eating some carbs.

I knew as JUDDD magic took hold the way my body reacted to carbs would change. So, two weeks into JUDDD I ate a baked potato and watched not just how my body reacted, but what happened to my thoughts. Nothing, I just enjoyed the potato.

A few days later I had a sandwich. No spike/crash but I spent the rest of the day thinking about food. So, I put bread aside and tried it again in two more weeks. On the second experiment, nbd - bread was just a food.

I worked my way through the HC foods one at a time.

Last weekend was very, very busy. I felt the old need for a sugar high so I ate a big ice cream (caramel). No reaction. No sugar spike. Just really enjoyed the ice cream then drank coffee for some extra energy.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I LC'ed for 10 years and jumped right into the carb wagon. I was so deprived for so long I went hog wild and still have a steady downward trend on the scale. I am a slow loseer but I really enjoy my diet now rather than not being able to have foods certain foods, I can eat whatever I want on UD's.
I just love not eliminating foods from my diet (except the ones I am actually allergic to)
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
I started JUDDDD in March after doing Atkins 72. I really wanted to try more carbs in the form of veggies mostly, but my body does not like it. I definitely stay away from sugar and simple carbs as they make me feel bad and I have insulin issues. I stay at around 30 carbs per day and am happy there. I still can enjoy food, just healthier food. Your body will tell you what you can tolerate and if you had medical issues that brought you to lower carb in the first place, you can still use that philosophy with JUDDDD. It is very accomodating. Good luck to you!
Tami

Last edited by Tamilda; 04-29-2012 at 07:58 AM..
Tamilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I thinik of what Nancy says every time I add a carb/starch.

I try it and if it caused cravings or urge to binge, I show it the door.....will invite it back later and see how it goes.

I'm actually surprised at how well i'm doing.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I was wary of carbs for the first week or so.

Then I was off and running. I was amazed that I had no problem with them. Yes, I overate a few things now and again. But I can now eat whatever I wish within my calorie numbers.

Love JUDDDing
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Thanks for all the input.

I do think that avoiding carbs can lead to healthier living in the long run. I'm kinda just looking at occasional treats and those "hidden carbs" that are often in restaurant foods or other people's cooking.

Right on about binging being an issue. I do have to be careful about that. One nice taste can lead to a few more bites... then a whole portion... then a taste of this other thing too... a few more bites... and 500 carbs later?
(<--- don't wanna go there... oh, and that's my reaction when I see the scale the next day)
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote