Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Luna,

I know how you feel (still being so new to maintenance myself)) Completely thrilled and happy just JUDDDing in WLM and then beginning maintenance was like a whole brand new "SURGE" of peaceful freedom, hard to describe, kind of feeling. The only sadness I feel if for those who have not yet found this awesome way-of-life!!! and...BTW...I love your attitude about everything!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I thought I would just update here for a little while. I had a nice down day yesterday, wasn't hungry really at all! Knowing that I had more room meant that I was so much more relaxed about my hunger. I ate my first meal about 3 pm. Normally after I eat on a DD, my brain automatically goes into counting mode. "Okay, I had 230 calories, that means I only have 270 left, what if I get too hungry? What else can I eat that will make me feel satisfied? What if I can't be satisfied with only the calories I have left?"

Knowing that I nearly had 500 calories left for the day, and that meant I could have practically anything, relaxed me and gave me a feeling of peace about my food. I am usually so tense about food on DDs.

I went to bed last night feeling relaxed about my weight. Normally on a down day especially, I'd be chugging water right before bed, afraid that I hadn't gotten enough water and therefore would be holding water weight on the scale in the morning. This of course keeps me up half the night going to the bathroom. Last night I had a drink of water, but didn't push the water, knowing that if I was holding on to water weight in the morning, it was no big deal. I'm not worried if I have a few ounces of extra weight in the morning.

I got up this morning and weighed and recorded the number and went about my day. No sweat, no annoyance that I am not down after a down day, nothing. Just a calm peacefulness.

I am so happy with this decision. My mindset is so much healthier and easier to live with! Thank all of you for your support and suggestions. This board is the best.
This post confirms that you have made the right decision to maintain for a time. Glad you are feeling peaceful and relaxed.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So happy for you Luna.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
This reminds me of the book Waiting to Exhale. It sounds like you just need to exhale and breathe free for awhile and enjoy where you are right now. What you have accomplished is beyond great. You deserve to enjoy your new body and explore the possibility that where you are now is already your destination point. If not you can always begin your journey again with a renewed spirit. You are an inspiration to all of us.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote