Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteChick View Post
Promise?
What the heck do I know??? Yes.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am a total believer. I stalled at the beginning of May. Then I went on vacation for two weeks - eating either at maintenance or whatever appeals levels. Gained three pounds.

In the three weeks I have been back on rotation, and eating the same things I was while stalled, I am losing between two and two 1/2 pounds a week. Next time I stall, I am jumping over to maintenance for a month few shure.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 06-15-2012 at 06:08 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I am a total believer. I stalled at the beginning of May. Then I went on vacation for two weeks - eating either at maintenance or whatever appeals levels. Gained three pounds.

In the three weeks I have been back on rotation, and eating the same things I was while stalled, I am losing between two and two 1/2 pounds a week. Next time I stall, I am jumping over to maintenance for a month few shure.
Nancy: This is so great and motivating to hear! Congratulations on your success! You look adorable in your new Avi.

I had 2 UUAADs Thurs-Fri. I'm mad at myself and also embarrassed. Just when I thought I was overcoming the emotional eating, it came back.

Just a series of things brought it on. One is that it's 103 degrees outside and our air conditioning broke. I called a reputable repair guy. He has to order a part which is going to take 3 weeks or so to get. (it's made of copper and there is apparently a serious copper shortage). AND, it's going to cost $3,000.00 to buy the part and repair the unit. I am hot, miserable, mad and wondering where I'm going to get the money.

We live in California, so this heat is not going away soon.

I have fans blowing all over the place and have to drive to the pool a couple of times a day to cool off. Or, I take a cold shower. I have been sleeping with ice packs! And fans blowing on me and i'm keeping all the blinds closed so this is like living in a dark cave.

Anyway, enough whining and complaining for now. I just have to grab myself by the scruff of the neck, have a good DD and get back to rotations -- AGAIN!

Hopefully after my "time off" and overeating, my body will really be ready to drop the pounds I've gained and takes some friend-pounds with them.

Thankfully my clothes are still fitting. Nothing seems tight -- not even my smallest sized jeans and capris. So far, so OK...fingers crossed that I have not done too much damage by falling off the wagon.

Oh well, live and learn, and live some more, huh?

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 06-16-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
Yam-Yam as the worst heat wimp ever, you have my complete sympathy!! But wow, $3,000?? Could you almost go new for that amount of money and have a lot more guarantee as in everything would be under warranty for awhile longer? I only know the price range of plug in models, not house-installed, so I could be really far off here, just asking for clarification.

Hang in there, and know at least the sweat is sweating off some ounces!
MargeGunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh Yam-Yam! I am so sorry! I grew up in Louisiana and am eternally grateful I was live in the age of central air-conditioning.

Are there any rules to prevent you from moving into the pool for the next three weeks?
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
When that happened to us, we bought a cheap window unit for the bedroom so we could survive. It came in handy a few other times too when our unit went out over a holiday weekend. Now the window unit is in the storage building and I can turn in on when I am working in there.
I don't do well with heat since I have gotten OLD.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post
Yam-Yam as the worst heat wimp ever, you have my complete sympathy!! But wow, $3,000?? Could you almost go new for that amount of money and have a lot more guarantee as in everything would be under warranty for awhile longer? I only know the price range of plug in models, not house-installed, so I could be really far off here, just asking for clarification.

Hang in there, and know at least the sweat is sweating off some ounces!
Thanks for the sympathy! I'm a miserable wimp!! DH called back after we got the repair quote and ask about a whole new system. They told him $8,000.00. The bummer is, this house is only 6 years old. The company that installed the original unit has gone out of business because of the crummy economy. So, no help there. We have lived in other houses 20 years with no problem ever with the air/heat. The repair guy said he has never seen such a huge hole in a copper pipe and can't imagine what caused it.

Now that I'm saying that, I wonder if our neighbor's target practice may have sent a stray bullet our way. Hmmmmm....I'm gonna ask the repair guy if that could be a cause? In this rural area we all have at least 2 acre lots and many of the guys have guns and shooting ranges. There are lots of wild animals and people with livestock have to shoot the cougars, mountain lions and cyotes to keep them from eating the goats and other animals. TMI, huh?

Quote:
Oh Yam-Yam! I am so sorry! I grew up in Louisiana and am eternally grateful I was live in the age of central air-conditioning.

Are there any rules to prevent you from moving into the pool for the next three weeks?
Probably not. There is a nice club house and workout room right by the pool. The workout room (my gym, I have pictures of it on my profile page) is locked at 66 degrees. Some complain it's too cold but I love it that way. Right off the workout room there is a huge living room with a big screen TV and off that a nice kitchen. They have a big, nice shower room complete with shampoo, conditioner, body wash and big, fluffy pool and bath towels.

I really could just live there!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Yam-Yam... go get a thin all cotton t-shirt that's a little too big (maybe one of your husband's?). Get it soaking wet with water, cold water if you can stand it. Wring it out some, put that on and get in front of a fan when you find yourself getting overly hot. It will help, I promise.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Yam-Yam... go get a thin all cotton t-shirt that's a little too big (maybe one of your husband's?). Get it soaking wet with water, cold water if you can stand it. Wring it out some, put that on and get in front of a fan when you find yourself getting overly hot. It will help, I promise.
Great idea! Thanks! I spent most of the afternoon "living" in the pool! Now I have a headache.

Anyway, got through today w/ 190 calories and tons of water and iced tea. Got a bag of ice on my chest right now!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:

You crack me up with some of your comments. You have a wonderful sense of homour.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Bumping as I NEED to reread this thread again, but it's 11:19 and I'm Tired!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky! Glad you found it. When I got back from vacation, I needed to read it all again myself for motivation and to stay the course!

Glad you are "coming home" to JUDD, my Bud!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Gets harder to squeeze the lemon

One of my friends who goes to WW meetings was complaining that she "only" lost .8 this week. She is about 5 pounds from her goal weight.

Another friend who still has over 50 pounds to lose said, "Well, it gets harder and harder to squeeze a lemon. When you start to squeeze, the juice comes out pretty fast. As more of the juice comes out and there's not as much left, it's harder and harder to get any. When you started squeezing out your body's fat, it came off faster in the beginning. Get's harder when you have less left to squeeze."

Does anybody else love that? Or is it just me?

I had shared that on Becky's thread, but decided it also fits in well here!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
One of my friends who goes to WW meetings was complaining that she "only" lost .8 this week. She is about 5 pounds from her goal weight.

Another friend who still has over 50 pounds to lose said, "Well, it gets harder and harder to squeeze a lemon. When you start to squeeze, the juice comes out pretty fast. As more of the juice comes out and there's not as much left, it's harder and harder to get any. When you started squeezing out your body's fat, it came off faster in the beginning. Get's harder when you have less left to squeeze."

Yeah, but if you microwave said lemon for a few seconds before squeezing, you can extract lots more juice. The problem is, I don't fit in the dang microwave oven!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Yeah, but if you microwave said lemon for a few seconds before squeezing, you can extract lots more juice. The problem is, I don't fit in the dang microwave oven!!
That's hilarious!

I've often wondered why in the heck our fat underneath the skin does not melt like butter?

You know, we could lay in the hot sun by the pool or sit in a sauna and all our fat should just melt. Right?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Quote:
That's hilarious!

I've often wondered why in the heck our fat underneath the skin does not melt like butter?

You know, we could lay in the hot sun by the pool or sit in a sauna and all our fat should just melt. Right?
Oh man, I wish that worked, I'd be as thin as I was at 16 here today! I'm the nut who is outside tanning (sweating) in the 97 plus degree heat! My kids are the smart ones playing in the house with the AC on.

BTW, I love the lemon analogy!!!!!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

and SO true!!!! I was really "juicy" in the beginning. I can still make a full pitcher of lemonade, but it's gonna take longer than the first quart

Last edited by Carly; 06-27-2012 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: typo
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
and SO true!!!! I was really "juicy" in the beginning. I can still make a full pitcher of lemonade, but it's gonna take longer than the first quart
Well put, my dear!!! Meeeeee toooooo!!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Well, I may have a few quarts to go, but I'm in good company with you ladies!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #110
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm still quite juicy!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

You guys crack me up!!

Starting weight 8/1/11 = 230
Current weight 6/28/12 = 189
Goal weight..................180

Getting closer and closer all the time!

Woo-Hooo!!! 41 pounds gone!!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Nancy: This is so great and motivating to hear! Congratulations on your success! You look adorable in your new Avi.

I had 2 UUAADs Thurs-Fri. I'm mad at myself and also embarrassed. Just when I thought I was overcoming the emotional eating, it came back.

Just a series of things brought it on. One is that it's 103 degrees outside and our air conditioning broke. I called a reputable repair guy. He has to order a part which is going to take 3 weeks or so to get. (it's made of copper and there is apparently a serious copper shortage). AND, it's going to cost $3,000.00 to buy the part and repair the unit. I am hot, miserable, mad and wondering where I'm going to get the money.

We live in California, so this heat is not going away soon.

I have fans blowing all over the place and have to drive to the pool a couple of times a day to cool off. Or, I take a cold shower. I have been sleeping with ice packs! And fans blowing on me and i'm keeping all the blinds closed so this is like living in a dark cave.

Anyway, enough whining and complaining for now. I just have to grab myself by the scruff of the neck, have a good DD and get back to rotations -- AGAIN!

Hopefully after my "time off" and overeating, my body will really be ready to drop the pounds I've gained and takes some friend-pounds with them.

Thankfully my clothes are still fitting. Nothing seems tight -- not even my smallest sized jeans and capris. So far, so OK...fingers crossed that I have not done too much damage by falling off the wagon.

Oh well, live and learn, and live some more, huh?
Copper shortage? We put it on the outside of new buildings here. Just saw some go up recently. I always wonder how they keep people from stealing it.

I feel you on the emotional eating. I'm really trying to overcome it, but man it's difficult when it's been your coping mechanism and crutch for so long.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I feel you on the emotional eating. I'm really trying to overcome it, but man it's difficult when it's been your coping mechanism and crutch for so long.
DD80, I hear you on this one. Something about this beautiful juddd structure is the perfect teacher for me with emotional eating. For some reason, I only ever go nuts on UDs (not every UD, but once in a while), and every time, tomorrow is a DD. It's like falling into something peaceful and loving each time instead of continuing to beat myself up. I'm convinced it's changing me. Or I'm changing by choosing JUDDD every day.
Is this your experience?
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/159/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Emotional eating was my first way of suppressing pain, and it went deeper than I was ever aware until I found "Normal Eating" and then got into some serious psychotherapy. JUDDD seems to be the ideal complement to my journey so far. I agree with what Kristin said: it really is a peaceful and loving way to eat. I think we all deserve that.

Kristin, I LOVE your Gloria Steinem quote!

As for the juiciness, I just hope I can get a good squeeze today!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
DD80, I hear you on this one. Something about this beautiful juddd structure is the perfect teacher for me with emotional eating. For some reason, I only ever go nuts on UDs (not every UD, but once in a while), and every time, tomorrow is a DD. It's like falling into something peaceful and loving each time instead of continuing to beat myself up. I'm convinced it's changing me. Or I'm changing by choosing JUDDD every day.
Is this your experience?
Thread jack- Kristin I just noticed your avatar. I KNEW you would be beautiful!
Gorgeous lady!

I LOVE how this was stated- falling into something peaceful and loving. YES!! That is just how I feel. This is so true for the first time in my life!
These past five months have been as much about an emotional healing for me as a physical healing.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Thread jack- Kristin I just noticed your avatar. I KNEW you would be beautiful!
Gorgeous lady!

I LOVE how this was stated- falling into something peaceful and loving. YES!! That is just how I feel. This is so true for the first time in my life!
These past five months have been as much about an emotional healing for me as a physical healing.
Beverly,
1. I can hardly wait till I'm saying "it's been five months"
2. Thanks for the compliment, and here's an actor's tip. Pay a great head shot photographer who will make you feel like an idiot by asking you to fling your head and hair around like you're a Charlie's Angel, lean forward like you're in a wind tunnel, punch one shoulder forward like you're going to bust a door down, and petend you're having the time of your life. He'll take 700 shots, one of which will make you look so good that even you will be happy.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gosh, I don't mean "even you, Beverly". I mean even each of us, because we're so critical of ourselves.
Great, now I've hijacked this thread to Toledo and back. Sorry.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Beverly,
2. Thanks for the compliment, and here's an actor's tip. Pay a great head shot photographer who will make you feel like an idiot by asking you to fling your head and hair around like you're a Charlie's Angel, lean forward like you're in a wind tunnel, punch one shoulder forward like you're going to bust a door down, and petend you're having the time of your life. He'll take 700 shots, one of which will make you look so good that even you will be happy.
That's hysterical!!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Quote:
Beverly,
Gosh' sign me up! Lol! I hate all my pictures!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Interesting read about Leptin

I'm going to post a quote from an article on Web MD site. After this post I will post a link so we can read more. It looks like a long and interesting article.

""Leptin is not our obesity hormone. Leptin is our starvation hormone," says Robert H. Lustig, MD, professor of pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco and a member of the Endocrine Society's Obesity Task Force.

Leptin is a protein that's made in the fat cells, circulates in the bloodstream, and goes to the brain. "Leptin is the way your fat cells tell your brain that your energy thermostat is set right," Lustig says.

"Leptin tells your brain that you have enough energy stored in your fat cells to engage in normal, relatively expensive metabolic processes," he says. "In other words, when leptin levels are at a certain threshold -- for each person, it's probably genetically set -- when your leptin level is above that threshold, your brain senses that you have energy sufficiency, which means you can burn energy at a normal rate, eat food at a normal amount, engage in exercise at a normal rate, and you can engage in expensive processes, like puberty and pregnancy".

But when people diet, they eat less and their fat cells lose some fat, which then decreases the amount of leptin produced.

"Let's say you starve, let's say you have decreased energy intake, let's say you lose weight," Lustig says. "Now your leptin level goes below your personal leptin threshold. When it does that, your brain senses starvation. That can occur at any leptin level, depending on what your leptin threshold is."

"Your brain senses that and says, ‘Hey, I don't have the energy onboard that I used to. I am now in a starvation state,'" Lustig says.

Then several processes begin within the body to drive leptin levels back up. One includes stimulation of the vagus nerve, which runs between the brain and the abdomen.

"The vagus nerve is your energy storage nerve," Lustig says. "Now the vagus nerve is turned on, so you get hungrier. Every single thing the vagus nerve does…[is] designed to make you take up extra energy and store it in your fat. Why? To generate more leptin so that your leptin can re-establish its personal leptin threshold... It causes you to eat and it causes you to get your leptin back to where it belongs."
Q. How does leptin affect weight

"Here's the question: If this thing works like a thermostat -- an adipostat -- why do we keep gaining weight?" Lustig says." Will post a link here in a few minutes so anyone who wants to can read the rest.