Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
We are rockin. and restin' and rockin some more!!! And, it's all gooooood!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
We are rockin. and restin' and rockin some more!!! And, it's all gooooood!!
Til the break of dawn?

Last edited by oropendola; 04-28-2012 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: added url
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Great thread!! Yam-Yam, you are so informative! Thank you for doing all the reading and research you do and then sharing it with us.

I like the idea of the rest period, good image to use as I move into maintenance. Love you!!!!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Hey Yam Yam. I'm late getting here today (as usual lately)but can't help adding.....can you and everyone imagine how hard it would be (even though this is a simple plan to follow) to stay "hooked-up" if when these resting times hit, we didn't have all the great examples of what to expect and wonderfully informative info provided by our fav resident info "junkie"??? As everyone KNOWS, information or education is POWER!!! I for one would have had a completely different experience if I had gone it alone....maybe! I still think I would have stuck with this plan because it's way more doable for life than ANYTHING else I have ever done! LOVIN-IT-FOR-LIFE!!! Thanks for your wonderful input!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
great post!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
also in HCG, we all need to take at least a 3 week break after our 23 day proctocol 500 cal eating. so this makes perfect sense!!! Most people lose 20 lbs in 23 days at least and 3 weeks really is not enough time ( based on the 5 days for 1 lb lose calculation) is really not enough. Because we would need about 100 days of break time!!!

I lost about 35 lbs the first time and would need 175 days of rest!! yikes. I did not rest that full amount, maybe about 100 days and I only lost 10 lbs the next time I attempted HCG. But they say the first time you do hcg you also get the most loses.

Good to know about the 5 day rule
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
Woot woot!

Wooo Weight, I'm losin' you!
I can feel it in my bones,
Any day you'll be gone,
Oh yeah, I'm losin' you
(I Know) Im Losing You - YouTube
Love it!!!

Wooo...fat hips I"M LOSIN YOU!!
I feel the presence of another PLAN
Wooo...fat thighs I"M LOSIN YOU!!
Any day you'll melt away
take more blubber with you and fade away
Wooo...chubby belly I"M LOSIN YOU!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Hey Yam Yam. I'm late getting here today (as usual lately)but can't help adding.....can you and everyone imagine how hard it would be (even though this is a simple plan to follow) to stay "hooked-up" if when these resting times hit, we didn't have all the great examples of what to expect and wonderfully informative info provided by our fav resident info "junkie"??? As everyone KNOWS, information or education is POWER!!! I for one would have had a completely different experience if I had gone it alone....maybe! I still think I would have stuck with this plan because it's way more doable for life than ANYTHING else I have ever done! LOVIN-IT-FOR-LIFE!!! Thanks for your wonderful input!

Phyl
Whatever would we do without each other? We would be lonely little waifs wandering around looking for vegetables to make us thin. So much encouragement here with the BUDDS!!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
also in HCG, we all need to take at least a 3 week break after our 23 day proctocol 500 cal eating. so this makes perfect sense!!! Most people lose 20 lbs in 23 days at least and 3 weeks really is not enough time ( based on the 5 days for 1 lb lose calculation) is really not enough. Because we would need about 100 days of break time!!!

I lost about 35 lbs the first time and would need 175 days of rest!! yikes. I did not rest that full amount, maybe about 100 days and I only lost 10 lbs the next time I attempted HCG. But they say the first time you do hcg you also get the most loses.

Good to know about the 5 day rule
The "resting" as I understand it is our bodies resting and not dropping any more weight. It's not us taking a break from JUDD and I just wanted to emphasize that.

I don't know anything about HCG but I imagine when you take a break, they don't mean that you go back to old unhealthy eating habits, right?

That info was an explanation of why, when we are continuing to do everything right, the scale seems to be stuck. Lots of us experience this and it's been called a plateau, a set point or resting. Or, unfortunately, some call it a failure!!! Then people tell them everything they are doing wrong and after a million tweaks and they can't drop weight they get frustrated and drowned themselves in chocolate pudding or in my case, carrot cake and potato chips!!!

My point in sharing the research is that we need to stick to our plan and not give up even if we don't see the pay off right away in scale numbers going down fast enough.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-29-2012 at 08:02 AM..
Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Great post and so true!!

Took me 3 months to lose just over 30lbs and another 2 months to lose just over 8lbs, but I feel I am on the weight loss path again! 1 month, I bounced around the same 4lbs!!
I know what you mean!!! I have to say, I took pretty much the whole month of February off. So, I was shocked to stay the same weight without trying. That made me a believer in JUDD magic!!

Apparently when I got back into rotations my body was ready to give up some more fat and I dropped nicely.

I've been really good with JUDDing in April, and I'm maintaining again. I'm getting used to the loss being slower the closer I get to goal. Have to say, this is the first time since 2005 that I have lost over 30 pounds AND kept it off so long and then lost more!!

And, this is the first time I've gotten this far, love my chosen WOE (JUDD) and feel like I can do it forever, reach my goal and even below goal, and stick with it forever!!! JUDD and my JUDD BUDDS!!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Love it!!!

Wooo...fat hips I"M LOSIN YOU!!
I feel the presence of another PLAN
Wooo...fat thighs I"M LOSIN YOU!!
Any day you'll melt away
take more blubber with you and fade away
Wooo...chubby belly I"M LOSIN YOU!!!
Love the new lyrics!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Good post and it helps explain things, and yet.... I wonder if there is a way around this. I think I will do some more research. I know people say this is not a race, but for someone who has well over 100 pounds to lose, I don't want to take rest breaks for months if there is something I can do to move the weight loss along. I would like to see if I can find out what people are doing who don't have long plateaus and see if there is something that can help. I am curious if some of the fat-burning supplements could kick start things again. The idea posted of doing a lose-maintain method is also interesting as maybe we can be more "in control" if we set that up. I don't know.

I can mentally handle a few weeks of a slow down, but having to wait months to see the scale drop is a psychological mine field for me. Having a stall that lasts months can cause me to give up. I may have no choice in this, but it doesn't seem to happen for everyone, and I wonder if there is something I can tap into to keep it going. For some people, like on the Biggest Loser, who lose very rapidly, is it the intense exercise that keeps them moving along? Or for those who have weight loss surgery, is there something that keeps that going at a steady pace? A co-worker had gastric bypass surgery and she steadily lost weight each week going from 356 pounds to 140 pounds with no plateaus, just some slow downs.

I have a friend who has lost 62 pounds in six and a half months. She also has not had long stalls. Some slow downs, but still her average of over six and a half months is awfully good. She doesn't exercise either.

I asked Dawn on her six month anniversary post if she had plateaus. Losing 56 pounds in a 6 month period is totally awesome to me and something I aspire to. Even with some slow downs, she adjusted her plan and got back on track to losing again. For those who didn't read it, she said--

To answer your questions:
I changed my calories a couple of times when I slowed down. The first two times, I modified my calories downward, though only by about 100 calories or so each time. The next time I slowed down, I went to the calculator and realized I was actually a little bit below where I was supposed to be, so I increased my calories back to what the calculator gave me, and have been losing again.

I didn't really hit "plateaus" as such. I had "slow-downs" and I'm admittedly not the most patient person in the world, so that's why I adjusted my calories 3 times in 6 months. I ended up right back at what the calculator was telling me, though for my current weight, not my starting weight, so I would recommend if you slow down, just check the calculator and try it at the numbers you're currently given.

I have not limited any types of foods. For me, this is key. If I had to deprive myself of anything, I probably would have quit by now. I try to get plenty of fresh vegetables, and I don't eat a lot of sweets just because that's not what I crave. I do drink plenty (probably too much) wine, have good quality chocolate around twice a week, and eat out a LOT. I do eat bread and pasta, tortillas, all the things I avoided on Atkins. The only thing I actively avoid is soy, and that's because of my thyroid, not because of JUDDD.

I feel so great and happy and content if I see some downward movement, but waiting for a month of months to see changes really is a sad thought for me. If that is what happens, I will have to deal with it I guess, but I hope that doesn't happen.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post

Or for those who have weight loss surgery, is there something that keeps that going at a steady pace? A co-worker had gastric bypass surgery and she steadily lost weight each week going from 356 pounds to 140 pounds with no plateaus, just some slow downs.
For WLS patients, it is as individual as any other weight loss plan. I lost just as slow after my RNY as I did before (and am now). I don't feel you can compare other people's losses to yours (I know this is the natural tendency, but it doesn't work). I was so depressed at first because all my friends at obesityhelp (if you subscribe there you can check my blog jj_in_CA for just how slow I lost lol) were losing so fast and I was creeping along.

I've made peace with that...note Strolling along JUDDD lane in my sig. That's because I lose slowly, more so than others, whether I amp up my exercise or not. I was an exercise maniac after surgery. It's in my sig because sometimes I need to remind myself not to compare. Comparing can lead me to a mental downward spiral.

The fact that I'm here says the surgery alone doesn't solve anything. You still have to find an eating plan that works for you.

I wish you peace of mind and a weight that makes you happy.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
For WLS patients, it is as individual as any other weight loss plan. I lost just as slow after my RNY as I did before (and am now). I don't feel you can compare other people's losses to yours (I know this is the natural tendency, but it doesn't work). I was so depressed at first because all my friends at obesityhelp (if you subscribe there you can check my blog jj_in_CA for just how slow I lost lol) were losing so fast and I was creeping along.

I've made peace with that...note Strolling along JUDDD lane in my sig. That's because I lose slowly, more so than others, whether I amp up my exercise or not. I was an exercise maniac after surgery. It's in my sig because sometimes I need to remind myself not to compare. Comparing can lead me to a mental downward spiral.

The fact that I'm here says the surgery alone doesn't solve anything. You still have to find an eating plan that works for you.

I wish you peace of mind and a weight that makes you happy.
Thank you for your thoughtful response and kind wish. I do need to seek peace of mind. I am not really comparing myself with others as I have always lost slower than most but I was just observing that there are some people who don't have long plateaus and the scientific mind in me was wondering why and if they might be doing something others could tap into. I also am one who did vigorous exercise at one point for a year and it didn't impact my weight loss. I will still do some research, but I will also work on finding my "happy place". Que Sera, Sera
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you for your thoughtful response and kind wish. I do need to seek peace of mind. I am not really comparing myself with others as I have always lost slower than most but I was just observing that there are some people who don't have long plateaus and the scientific mind in me was wondering why and if they might be doing something others could tap into. I also am one who did vigorous exercise at one point for a year and it didn't impact my weight loss. I will still do some research, but I will also work on finding my "happy place". Que Sera, Sera
If you find something, I'll be the first one to follow in your footsteps. I'm still trying new and different things as hope springs eternal.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Beverly, if you find an answer I will be right behind Oro!

I have to say from the standpoint of having my lap band since 2006 - I don't know that there is an answer. I have seen people zoom by me and I just continue to have to work like a dog for every loss I have. And, many people don't know that for some WLS patients, me at least, it is soooooo easy to gain weight. Thus the 50 pounds I put on over the last year. Now, that said, I don't keep a tight band because I don't think a 1/4 cup of food a day is healthy and I don't get regular fills. I could eat a Toyota. But probably just the smaller sedans. The SUVs or trucks might be a bit much.

But when I lost that 50 pounds the prior year, I was eating at 1000 calories and working out like a crazy woman. I had slow downs and then toward the end I had completely and utterly burned myself out. It just wasn't sustainable and life was not enjoyable. And back came the blubber.

I do think that shocking the body out of complacency seems to work now and then. I'm tossing around the idea of one really high calorie day and then settling back into rotations. My body just doesn't want to give up the chubs.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post

I have to say from the standpoint of having my lap band since 2006 - I don't know that there is an answer. I have seen people zoom by me and I just continue to have to work like a dog for every loss I have. And, many people don't know that for some WLS patients, me at least, it is soooooo easy to gain weight. Thus the 50 pounds I put on over the last year. Now, that said, I don't keep a tight band because I don't think a 1/4 cup of food a day is healthy and I don't get regular fills. I could eat a Toyota. But probably just the smaller sedans. The SUVs or trucks might be a bit much.

But when I lost that 50 pounds the prior year, I was eating at 1000 calories and working out like a crazy woman. I had slow downs and then toward the end I had completely and utterly burned myself out. It just wasn't sustainable and life was not enjoyable. And back came the blubber.

I do think that shocking the body out of complacency seems to work now and then. I'm tossing around the idea of one really high calorie day and then settling back into rotations. My body just doesn't want to give up the chubs.
Oh wow... A 1000 calories and working out like crazy? I can see why you burned out. We do need to find the path that we can sustain. I really feel for you having gone through all of that disappointment and frustration. I relate in my own way- it has been a challenge my whole life.

I also think the shocking the body now and again is a good thing. I used to see that when I was on HCG. If I would shock my body with macadamia nuts, I would see a drop. I thought with JUDDD we WERE doing that, but maybe the body even adapts to the JUDDD routine and we need to sneak up behind it and do something radically different that it wasn't expecting!!

Yes hope does spring eternal. One thing that I don't want to lose is hope.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey you guys, Interesting discussion going on here.

I'm reading "the Warrior Diet" book. Today I'm in chapter 10 in a section called "Cycling the Warrior Diet." The author says that he often goes off the diet for holidays or travel. He said when he does and stops the IF for a few days eating several meals per day and not fasting, he loses weight.

He points out that this is a result of the under eating/over eating cycles practiced over a time speeding up the metabolism. when you go off it for a few days (and eat sensibly, he's not talking about binge eating) your body is still burning at a high rate and that's why some people see a drop.

He also emphasizes not going off it for too long because if you just quit and go back to feeding your body every few hours and never allowing it time to detox or for the metabolism to rev up during the re-feed, then the metabolism will slow back down again.

Interesting stuff.

I totally agree about every person being different. And, every person is different at different stages of life. When I was in my 20's and 30's if the scale crept up 5 pounds and I wanted to get rid of it, I would eat a grapefruit and to to aerobic class. The next day or two the scale would be back down. Or, I would eat low fat protein for a day or two. Whoosh. It would be gone.

During menopause nothing worked. I mean NOTHING! The scale just kept climbing. I worked out like a maniac, did Stillman's LF, SC, HP; drank so much water I lived in the bathroom. Nothing. If I did manage to lose a few pounds, it would come right back and bring more.

Now menopause apparently is over. Yippeeeeee!!!! But now, I lose very slowly. The exception was in August when I did the Dukan Diet and the first 10 days gave me a big, motivating whoosh. (Thank you Lord. )

That really spurred me on to keep finding answers and keep reading, exercising, looking for ways to knock off the lard and just plain keep on keeping on. And here I am, 8 months later, not giving up.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post

@ eating a toyota!

2008 for me. I totally burned out too. I averaged 1/2 lb a week gain when I wasn't totally vigilant, weighing every day, and spread sheeting every exercise, meal, water, and pill I put in my mouth (all of which I weighed and measured). What's different now? The support here, my attitude and JUDDD itself.

Thank you all for being here, sharing information and stories and being so supportive. It's like no board I've ever been on.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
@ eating a toyota!

2008 for me. I totally burned out too. I averaged 1/2 lb a week gain when I wasn't totally vigilant, weighing every day, and spread sheeting every exercise, meal, water, and pill I put in my mouth (all of which I weighed and measured). What's different now? The support here, my attitude and JUDDD itself.

Thank you all for being here, sharing information and stories and being so supportive. It's like no board I've ever been on.

Agreed!!! Like nothing else and no place else! ever!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey you guys, Interesting discussion going on here.

I'm reading "the Warrior Diet" book. Today I'm in chapter 10 in a section called "Cycling the Warrior Diet." The author says that he often goes off the diet for holidays or travel. He said when he does and stops the IF for a few days eating several meals per day and not fasting, he loses weight.

He points out that this is a result of the under eating/over eating cycles practiced over a time speeding up the metabolism. when you go off it for a few days (and eat sensibly, he's not talking about binge eating) your body is still burning at a high rate and that's why some people see a drop.

He also emphasizes not going off it for too long because if you just quit and go back to feeding your body every few hours and never allowing it time to detox or for the metabolism to rev up during the re-feed, then the metabolism will slow back down again.

Interesting stuff.

I totally agree about every person being different. And, every person is different at different stages of life. When I was in my 20's and 30's if the scale crept up 5 pounds and I wanted to get rid of it, I would eat a grapefruit and to to aerobic class. The next day or two the scale would be back down. Or, I would eat low fat protein for a day or two. Whoosh. It would be gone.

During menopause nothing worked. I mean NOTHING! The scale just kept climbing. I worked out like a maniac, did Stillman's LF, SC, HP; drank so much water I lived in the bathroom. Nothing. If I did manage to lose a few pounds, it would come right back and bring more.

Now menopause apparently is over. Yippeeeeee!!!! But now, I lose very slowly. The exception was in August when I did the Dukan Diet and the first 10 days gave me a big, motivating whoosh. (Thank you Lord. )

That really spurred me on to keep finding answers and keep reading, exercising, looking for ways to knock off the lard and just plain keep on keeping on. And here I am, 8 months later, not giving up.
I'll add this to my calendar to try down the road next time I stall. It sounds interesting enough to try. Thanks Yam-Yam!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PhloxFlamingo
Stats: 220/204/150ish
WOE: Atkins/Paleo/Deliciousness
Start Date: 3/19/2012
This was just what I needed to read right now!
PhloxFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhloxFlamingo View Post
This was just what I needed to read right now!

Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #54
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

I feel so great and happy and content if I see some downward movement, but waiting for a month of months to see changes really is a sad thought for me. If that is what happens, I will have to deal with it I guess, but I hope that doesn't happen.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
What a great discussion. We turtle losers have to stick together and stick it out! Yam-Yam- I noticed the menopause comment. I am in the midst of it and finding weight loss near impossible. I have heard that it gets a bit easier when all is done from friends and others. I can only hope I am done soon but it looks like this could drag on for years. (Oh joy)
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
What a great discussion. We turtle losers have to stick together and stick it out! Yam-Yam- I noticed the menopause comment. I am in the midst of it and finding weight loss near impossible. I have heard that it gets a bit easier when all is done from friends and others. I can only hope I am done soon but it looks like this could drag on for years. (Oh joy)
When I was in the midst of it I always said, "So, this is my reward???? For all those years of menstrual cramps and PMS bloating, headaches and mood swings? For pregnancy, lending my body to a little parasite and then labor pains without even taking an aspirin?? Really??? this is what I get after all that???"

Ahhhhhhh....well. This too shall pass, as they say. Who is "they"??? Probably a focus group consisting of all men.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Hey Yam Yam. .....can you and everyone imagine how hard it would be (even though this is a simple plan to follow) to stay "hooked-up" if when these resting times hit, we didn't have all the great examples of what to expect and wonderfully informative info provided by our fav resident info "junkie"??? As everyone KNOWS, information or education is POWER!!! Thanks for your wonderful input! Phyl
I don't think I'd have stuck to this WOE if it hadn't been for you all -- for your "you can do it" attitude and all the information. I am so thankful for this group of wonderful people!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteChick View Post
I don't think I'd have stuck to this WOE if it hadn't been for you all -- for your "you can do it" attitude and all the information. I am so thankful for this group of wonderful people!
and so true!!!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
When I was in the midst of it I always said, "So, this is my reward???? For all those years of menstrual cramps and PMS bloating, headaches and mood swings? For pregnancy, lending my body to a little parasite and then labor pains without even taking an aspirin?? Really??? this is what I get after all that???"

Ahhhhhhh....well. This too shall pass, as they say. Who is "they"??? Probably a focus group consisting of all men.

I feel the same way about bowling when we lose all 6 points. I say 'eh, losing on top of paying for it all adds injury to insult'.

Of course, that has nothing to do with losing weight, although it just may, cause my bowling has improved even with an 11 lb. decrease!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam

Sometimes it just plain sucks to be a woman! Wish there was a magic pill to end this process. It's probably right there on the shelf next to the weight loss magic pill. Let me know if any of you find it!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote