Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
oooo, good catch Spank'd.
Skinjob, are you a heavy exerciser? If so approximately how many calories/day do you burn during exercise? And how many times a week do you exercise?

I have three ideas:

1) I think you have been averaging 650 cal DDs for most of the six months (Is that right?). Only the last five rotations have had 500 cal DDs. I think testing the lower DD a little bit more is a good idea.

My first thought goes along with Yam-Yam and Tina. Try 1700/500 rotation for a week and see if anything happens. If it does not, up DD cals to 600 and see what that does.

2) In keeping with research Yam-Yam did on a few other threads, before you came to JUDDD did you lose weight on another WOE? If so, your body may be adjusting to the original weight loss.

3) I keep going back to those migraines. It appears dropping below 500 cal/DDs puts your body under unusual stress. Did you have migraines before JUDDD? If so, do you have any idea what triggers them?

'Cause, like Tina, I wonder where that stress comes from. A systemic imbalance or (Tina's favorite - not) food allergies can cause a body to hold onto weight. When was your last physical? And have you ever had a bad reaction to any foods?

I join everyone in applauding your stick-to-it determination!
I've had a physical recently and also my thyroid is just fine. According to my doc, I am the picture of health. My numbers are all textbook. I have lots tons of weight in the past on Atkins and Nutrisystem. Got down to 125 both times. But since kids, it's been harder and Atkins no longer works for me. Also not interested in going back to prepackaged frankenfoods. I don't LC anymore because it doesn't work for me. JUDDD seemed to work in the beginning only after I upped my DDs to 700. But then I stalled so I tried going back down to 500. I really struggle with them, though. Still waiting for that DD appetite suppression to kick in. That would really help a lot.

So I'm going to add in more exercise. I live in New York so I do walk a fair bit but I'm terribly guilty of taking cabs too often in favor of walking. Thinking of adding yoga and more walking but there is just no time between work and kids I find. Thank you all so much for your insight. I'll try to lower my UDs a bit and see how that goes too. I don't post a lot but I am always lurking. Been on these boards since 2002! I somehow lost my account and had to re-register in 2005, but I've been around a long time. It's a great board! But this group is by far the nicest, funniest and most supportive! I would have thrown in the towel by now if it weren't for this place, and you guys!

Last edited by Skinjob; 04-29-2012 at 06:11 AM..
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I love your patience and determination, SJ! Yes, try out some of these great JUDDD suggestions and keep us informed.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I love that you're thinking of adding exercise. In my experience, exercise doesn't help with weight loss per se, but it does help how you look and for many, including me, how you feel. I get such a positive lift from working out that is better than any antidepressant. It just makes me more positive and better able to handle my life. I hope it does the same for you. And it may just jog (pun intended) your body into losing some weight as well. But certainly inches, which are just as important. Who cares what you weigh if you can fit into a size 4, right?

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Ditto on nixing the diet sodas. They make me retain water like nothing else! The scale sees a nice bounce from just one diet drink!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Love your sig Jupiter! We have cookies, chocolate, and wine!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
estimating restaurant meals - help!

Hi all - I eat out quite a bit. It is part of my lifestyle and would like to find a way to fit it into my WOE. Mostly I am not in chain restaurants so I can't check the online nutrition guides in advance. Today, for instance DH and I were wandering around a quaint little town in and out of galleries and such and decided to stop for a late lunch. It's an UD for me so OK. I try and chose wisely. I skip the wine and have ice tea and a grilled chicken wrap that also has avocado and mango salsa. Delicious but huge so I only eat half. I also have 7 onion rings. I guessed about 800 calories for lunch. But that's the point. It's a total guess. I could be high or low by 250!!! How do you get a good estimate?
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Hi all - I eat out quite a bit. It is part of my lifestyle and would like to find a way to fit it into my WOE. Mostly I am not in chain restaurants so I can't check the online nutrition guides in advance. Today, for instance DH and I were wandering around a quaint little town in and out of galleries and such and decided to stop for a late lunch. It's an UD for me so OK. I try and chose wisely. I skip the wine and have ice tea and a grilled chicken wrap that also has avocado and mango salsa. Delicious but huge so I only eat half. I also have 7 onion rings. I guessed about 800 calories for lunch. But that's the point. It's a total guess. I could be high or low by 250!!! How do you get a good estimate?
IMHO it comes with experience and with breaking meals down into components or specific foods.

So, you choose something off the menu. Now when they deliver it, take a good long look at it before you indulge. Hopefully you have lots of protein. BTW: try to scarf down some protein before anything else. Really helps w/ portion control and with appetite satisfaction.

I'm gonna say, roughly, when you are out to eat, estimate about 50 calories per ounce of protein. Do about 30-40 calories per serving of veggies.

Were the onion rings fried?? I'm so at a loss for those. Maybe you should google it and have a rough estimate in your head for next time.

anyway, yes. When eating out and you don't have a website to run to or nutritional info on the menu, it's all about estimating.

But, think of it this way: Were you estimating or even thinking about it at all when you were on the free-for-all diet of doing nothing but having what you want every day all day???? Anything you are doing now is sooooooooo better than the way you were eating before JUDD.

Relax on your UD and enjoy. Do your best to calculate. Then "kick butt" tomorrow on your DD and make up for any indiscretions!! That's my plan and advice. And, I'm stickin' to it!!!

Life is to be enjoyed. You have these wonderful opportunities. Figure out a way to make them work in your favor without suffering at all. It may take a little research and becoming familiar with the rules of estimating calories, but in the long run it's worth it. sounds like you had a wonderful time! No guilt, OK?? Just a learning experience and lots of enjoyment!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Thanks Yam-Yam - it sounds like everyone does the same thing. Try and be mindful and look up the component pieces. I will continue to do so. You're right. At least now I am looking at the menu with a different eye - trading calories where I can. Got the grilled chicken wrap instead of the fried chicken wrap so I could have the onion rings and skipped the wine (boo).

I double posted this by mistake- so sorry for jacking the thread! I thought I was starting a new one - duh.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Thanks Yam-Yam - it sounds like everyone does the same thing. Try and be mindful and look up the component pieces. I will continue to do so. You're right. At least now I am looking at the menu with a different eye - trading calories where I can. Got the grilled chicken wrap instead of the fried chicken wrap so I could have the onion rings and skipped the wine (boo).

I double posted this by mistake- so sorry for jacking the thread! I thought I was starting a new one - duh.
No worries. It's all gooooooood. We are JUDD BUDDS!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

My last two DDs I've managed to keep around 380 which is crazy low for me and I never went over 1700 on my UDs. Still, no movement on the scale. Still stuck at 148.5. I'm starting to feel really defeated by this woe.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Have you tried eliminating wheat? I have a friend that was in a similar circumstance as you. After reading Wheat Belly, she eliminated wheat for 4 weeks and her weight loss started up again. Sounds like you have tried quite a bit and have been very patient. Maybe looking at food intolerences might help.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
I know it's hardly sustainable for the long term but I found a fat fast broke my stall before I started JUDDD

Google Atkins Fat Fast for details.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
I know it's hardly sustainable for the long term but I found a fat fast broke my stall before I started JUDDD

Interesting, but I was JUST reading about that this morning. Thinking back, that has worked for me in the past. I am going to keep that suggestion in my back pocket.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:

If I remember correctly, the fat fast does usually work to break a stall-- and it will also indicate if you are highly metabolically resistant to carbs... so if nothing else works, and this does, you'll have to look at your regular carb intake really seriously. Great tool!
Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/19/2012
I second the removal of diet sodas. I personally cannot deal with aspertame and it has been known to cause headaches. I have also read that carbonated drinks should not counted toward your water intake because they actually dehydrate you. You are supposed to actually drink an EXTRA 8oz of water for every 8 oz of soda (yeah, like we're really going to drink that much water, right?). Not saying that that's entirely true, but maybe your body reacts badly to either the sweetner or the carbonation or both. Probably wouldn't hurt anything to try to cut them out and see what happens.
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #46

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I do hope something helps you soon Skinjob.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Have you tried eliminating wheat? I have a friend that was in a similar circumstance as you. After reading Wheat Belly, she eliminated wheat for 4 weeks and her weight loss started up again. Sounds like you have tried quite a bit and have been very patient. Maybe looking at food intolerences might help.

this was the case for me. even on an anti-inflammatory diet I couldn't lose until all trace amounts were removed. then I lost like mad. it's one of those fun things too that can mess with your thyroid without disturbing the blood test, so unless you have a doc that's familiar with it they wont' see it.

Of course, then you'd still have hypo symptoms even though your blood test looked great.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusgirl View Post
this was the case for me. even on an anti-inflammatory diet I couldn't lose until all trace amounts were removed. then I lost like mad. it's one of those fun things too that can mess with your thyroid without disturbing the blood test, so unless you have a doc that's familiar with it they wont' see it.

Of course, then you'd still have hypo symptoms even though your blood test looked great.
Interesting to hear this. I'm definitely not hypothyroid but I can try cutting out wheat. I DID cut out diet soda. So far not making a difference. But then again TOM is here (and I am up 3lbs as a result), so I won't know if anything is working until after it leaves! Still, lowering my DDs and UDs, quitting diet soda - I had expected that to work in my favour! And I just bought a new pair of jeans - same size as always so not losing inches. How can I be doing this for 6 months and not lose anything at all?

Last edited by Skinjob; 05-05-2012 at 12:47 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Yes I remember doing the Fat Fast when I was on Atkins. Maybe a few zero carb fat fast days in a row can shake things up?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Skinjob you might want to try getting some peppermint essential oil and mix about 15 drops into one ounce of sesame or olive oil. Put on your temples, for many people it stops a migraine or greatly reduces it. This may make your DD more doable. This works for my DH every time. Good luck
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: icecreamjunkie
Stats: 295/267/170
WOE: HCG Rx R2/P2 (6 week rounds)/JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 17, 2012 R1/ April 29th R2/ May 12 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Tina, thank you for posting this. I am pretty sure someone directed me there before and I never visited the site and then forgot about it. It has some pretty interesting information. I suspect I have Hashimoto's and reading on that site is giving me tools to take with me to my next appointment so I can ask for the proper testing.
OMGEEEE! Thank you for posting that! I am calling my dr on monday!! I have almost all of those symptoms! lol...i just thought i was crazy! I've been cracking the joke that somewhere around the age of 38-40 I seemed to have just lost it and fallen apart at the seams!
icecreamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #52

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamjunkie View Post
OMGEEEE! Thank you for posting that! I am calling my dr on monday!! I have almost all of those symptoms! lol...i just thought i was crazy! I've been cracking the joke that somewhere around the age of 38-40 I seemed to have just lost it and fallen apart at the seams!
When I went in, I was pretty sure I had Lupus, and absolutely positive it was not Thyroid related. Low and behold, I do NOT have Lupus (Thank Goodness!) but my TSH was noticeably elevated. I'm 39, and they say TD comes on most often during times of hormonal change (think puberty, perimenopause, menopause, etc.) so it's very common around our age. Please get checked.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote