Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Share your thoughts of success

I thought it might be fun to have a thread where you share thoughts that have fueled your successes.

I'll go first:

DD morning, I woke up craving Tim Horton's very high calories cappiciono (sp??). So I pulled out my powdered verion and made one for 150 calories. (and saved $, woohoo). It hit the spot. Nothing like itching a craving...even better on a DD...

Then the thought:

"I have 800 calories today. I could have FOUR more of these cups and still 50 calories left OVER!!!!"

WAIT - my math is off, that would leave 200 calories - an even better THOUGHT, LOL

Of course, I'm probably not going to do that. It's just a thought. But it's thoughts like these that make DDs easier!

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.

Last edited by hockey_gal; 04-27-2012 at 10:28 AM..
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/163.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
For those just beginning: STICK IT OUT!!! It really does get easier! I'm on week 5 and DDs are now very managable and I'm oh so full on UDs.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
You should see the mess I'm making in my guest bedroom!!!

Don't know why, but when I feel like this is not going fast enough lately, I go pull out a whole bunch of clothes from my walk in closet, take them into the guest bedroom which has huge double closet sliding mirror doors (ceiling to floor so I can look at me from all angles).

Then, I start trying on clothes. Sometimes it's exhausting and takes me an hour!! But it spurs me on to keep being successful in 3 ways:

1. Making a pile of clothes that are just way too big that can go out the door and be given away.

2. Realizing that some of my current favorites are getting baggy! Like right now my newest black dress pants are now baggy in hips, butt and thighs but fit good enough in the waist to not fall off, so I'm keeping them for a while.

3. Finding smaller clothes I forgot I had and realizing I will soon be in those. Don't have too many, but recently found a hidden away box I forgot about. One pair of pants w/ tag still on. Missed my window! Never got to wear them; now they are too big. Two pairs of jeans that are a bit snug, but not for long!! A swimsuit I used to wear years ago and now it fits again!

For some reason this little exercise works as an appetite suppressant as well as a confidence booster and a way for me not to get discouraged by the scale and realize JUDD is working for me!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
The jeans I wanted to get back into are falling off my rear end...watch out neighbors!
I would have been grateful just to get to this point. My dressing room is a disaster area too Yam. I finally dealt with some of the piles. Too big, almost fits, still too small, and I think I hate you clothes. Making progress. Now I have a big black bag full to share out, and most things hung up, only two modest piles on the little couch in there.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
The jeans I wanted to get back into are falling off my rear end...watch out neighbors!
I would have been grateful just to get to this point. My dressing room is a disaster area too Yam. I finally dealt with some of the piles. Too big, almost fits, still too small, and I think I hate you clothes. Making progress. Now I have a big black bag full to share out, and most things hung up, only two modest piles on the little couch in there.
I think I hate you clothes

Man, I toss those ones out real fast!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/19/2012
As I'm sitting here craving some ice cream or anything sweet (it's a DD), I told my husband that if this were any other diet and I had to face tomorrow knowing I would be this hungry and miserable again, I'd have already given in and had what I was craving. Since I know I get to eat tomorrow and I won't be hungry or feel deprived...I'm sitting here typing instead of eating. THAT feels like success to me!
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 51yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4-19-12
Mandy, I hear you. Yeah for UD ALWAYS being either today or tomorrow!
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Then, I start trying on clothes. Sometimes it's exhausting and takes me an hour!! But it spurs me on to keep being successful in 3 ways:

or some reason this little exercise works as an appetite suppressant as well as a confidence booster and a way for me not to get discouraged by the scale and realize JUDD is working for me!
Yes, I have done this!!! My hubby likes to watch me ...

I used to think ppl who said they were energetic on a DD were crazy but I do have many DDs with tons of energy (tho not all). Sometimes I plan big jobs like cleaning out the closet for a DD, lol.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote