Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crazynanc
Stats: 148/144/113
WOE: JUDDD/FastFive/5:2
Start Date: November 2011
No more scale!

So after falling off the JUDDD wagon, I decided to start back up in April but for some reason was having a really hard time with it. Part of it was just getting back into the JUDDD mindset (my body got back into the JUDDD rhythm very quickly) and part of it was just stress (work stress for me, and my boyfriend who is unemployed at the moment is going through a very promising application process - unfortunately it is taking months!). Emotional eating is apparently still very much a problem for me!

Anyway, my boyfriend decided at the beginning of the week that I was looking at the scale too much and stressing myself out even more (which is probably true..i'm losing inches...but not any pounds for weeks now!) so hid it from me. He has now dubbed Mondays - Measuring Mondays and will return the scale on Monday.

While grateful that I'm not looking at the numbers and getting discouraged multiple times a day...I'm kind of nervous as to what it'll say on Monday! I admit that I have been better about sticking to rotation this week...whether I've just gotten back into it or the fear of weighing in Monday I don't know!

Anyone else try backing off weighing in after a while? I started out weighing everyday. Once a day...but then when my results stalled it was twice a day...three times a day.
crazynanc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
When I started, I only weighed once a week and it was fine. I wouldn't have been able to watch the bounces then.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
I only step on the scales at WW. It's once a week, on a Monday, no other time. I've a tendency to become obsessive about the numbers and I find that impedes my life.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am one that needs to weigh daily and log my weight. I do not get upset about the numbers but feel I need to know what they are. I weigh once in the morning and once before going to bed. I can guestimate the next morning's weight based on experience. Kind of like a game to me now.

BUT we all do what works for us. If not weighing works for you, then go for it. And good luck at your next weigh in.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
I'd been weighing daily since I gave JUDDD another try in mid-March. After hitting a new low last week, I decided to not weigh until tomorrow because the bounces were really bothering me. I'm nervous about what number will pop up because if it's bounce and I'm not aware of it, it'll bother me. But, since finding out I wasn't eating enough on my UD's, which I also just discovered last week, I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Whether it's a nice surprise or not, I might go back to weighing either daily or just after DD's, just so I'll kinda know what I'm in for. Good or bad!

Taking a better look at everyone's daily weighin bounces did show me mine weren't so bad afterall, though. Maybe your's aren't, either?

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
You know, crazynanc, in your case, I do believe it is best not to weigh daily! I have not had the bounces like everyone else, but if I was as bothered about the scale not moving or the slow losses as some of my JUDDD budds, I would back off from the weighing.

I know for a fact that I am losing and for once, I am not going the wrong direction! And I am REALLY eating LOTS and enjoying life!!!

Last edited by sunday; 04-27-2012 at 08:48 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well its a tough thing to say.. weigh ever day.. every other day or even dont weigh at all.. I think as crazy as i can get about what that number means .. I MUST see what it will say today.. its kind of like those dang magic 8balls for me as of late! The stupid lil thing in side that darn ball is stuck! .. I have been known to jump on my scale two to three times a day! I have to practice real restraint to stay off it.. My weigh time is at 6 am and at 6 am only .. I love/hate that darn scale!So really have no comforting advise for ya.. but Good luck at starting agin.. and you will sucessed!!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I hope this helps take away some of the obsession. I weigh several times a day too, but the scale really doesn't bother me. It's more just curiosity. And I'm mostly in maintenance, so it doesn't really change much.

Like Addi, I can pretty much predict morning weight by bedtime weight, and I have a "fully dressed and after a meal" weight that I know I don't want to go above, so as long as I'm below that, it's all good.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
I like how your boyfriend was trying to help you but if my husband ever took away my scale it would backfire and I'd start munching a box of twinkies in front of him (on an UD of course) to scare him into giving it back! I need the weigh in every morning, not to make me feel better/worse but to keep myself in gear, it really does help me to weigh myself every morning but the number does not depresss me, just keep me in touch with where I am as far as my progress goes.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
sometimes I take a break from weighing. depends on my state of mind. no one could do that TO me though, it has to be my choice.
I never get back on a scale during the day though. The post peeing first thing in the morning weigh is it, and I don't do it every day. I often just forget.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
I'm backing off weighing for the next week or so because...

1. I'm coming off a binge
2. I'm sunburned (water retention!)
3. I overworked my muscles (more water retention!)

So weighing would just discourage me as I'd see a big bounce. Now I'm focusing on hitting my numbers. The weight loss will follow!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote