Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Im Stuck...

Wow.. i felt the need to come here and just talk this out today..Sorry if i sound like im whining.. I know.. the body is just sitting idle at the stop light of life..( bye the way ,, i loved this analogy) So here i sit wating for that dang light to turn GREEN!!.. My brain is not to happy that my body has decided to take a small rest.. and re-group.. When you spend your DD thinking of food and telling your brain.. just wait,, this uncomfortable feeling will be so worth it on the scale.. Then to wake and see the same dang number for 3 full DD's my brain said.. What in the world!!~ Well i have not measured my body.. i use clothes to judge.. and i "think" what is happening is that fat is leaving and the scale will catch up!I just needed to write this out to help my self stay focused.. on.. Its not a race its a journey.. I needed to remind my self of this all this week.. GRRR. I will be fine.. Rant overLove being here! Thanks to the JUDDD BUDDD's i Dont think i could have made this work.
__________________
Kimberly
60# Gone Thank you JUDDD..
1991 296#
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,033
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I had a little gain this week that's not going back down. It's so frustrating, but that light will turn green soon!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,170
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
It's easy to know it in your head, and yet still be frustrated with wanting it to change.

I do suggest you measure, even though you don't have starting numbers. It can really help when the scale isn't moving, to see the tape measuring smaller.

It WILL happen, the scale will start moving again. Just stay the course and don't give up.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 147
Gallery: casmira
Well, every time you complete a DD, even if you don't see any movement, you cement the process. That's an achievement in itself. You cement it further on the hardest days, because those are the days your body is willing you to give up and grub up.

Your body wants to hold on to the fat and is trying every single trick it can, from fuddling your mind to forcing you to deal with the hunger to retaining some fluid. But this too will pass.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
ellgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 890
Gallery: ellgee
Kimberly!

I'm so with you! Seen the same number after DD three days this week. Yet - I put on my jeans this morning and didn't have to do the squat and stretch to make them less tight! So things HAVE to be happening for us in the inches department.

Chin up friend! The scale WILL move again!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
This to shall pass. Although we want to see immediate results you are right that it is not a race. In fact, I am embracing the slow loss since I am hoping that means I will have an easier time staying at my lower weight.
Onward.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,819
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
yes, I have been through this more than once! I still love JUDDD and can not believe I waited so long to get back into JUDDD mode!

Kimberly, I believe you will see a whoosh this weekend but I do know exactly the frustration. I blame mine on having to insert MD's quite a bit in late Mar/ early April. It seemed like just when I had the rotation perfected, another situation occurred where I need to switch.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,347
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Girl, you're still doing great! You started 13 days ahead of me and you're down 16 lbs. - I'm down just shy of 6, although I'm hoping my first weighin in a week tomorrow will show some additional loss.

Love casmira's analogy.

It'll happen, just hang tight!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,318
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hang on! That scale will eventually catch up.

I'm right there with you. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels for several weeks. I did measure my waist two days ago and I've lost another inch there. Looks like the tops of my thighs are getting smaller and so are my hips.

I tried on a bunch of clothes yesterday and I'm amazed that I'm shrinking without the scale number budging. My newest pair of black dress pants is really baggy in the hips, rear and legs. They are stil ok around the waist. Not big enough there to just fall off so I'm keeping them for a while.

Honestly, I don't know whether to ding around with my calories or pull back on carbs or maybe cut the workouts back to less than two hours. Seems like I should do something to make the scale move.

But, it will just probably move when my body is ready.

You are losing fat! I am losing fat!! That's what we want, right? come here and vent anytime, Girl!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I had a little gain this week that's not going back down. It's so frustrating, but that light will turn green soon!
It can be frustrating. But as Yam yam say later in this thread it will happen for us all!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hang on! That scale will eventually catch up.

I'm right there with you. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels for several weeks. I did measure my waist two days ago and I've lost another inch there. Looks like the tops of my thighs are getting smaller and so are my hips.

I tried on a bunch of clothes yesterday and I'm amazed that I'm shrinking without the scale number budging. My newest pair of black dress pants is really baggy in the hips, rear and legs. They are stil ok around the waist. Not big enough there to just fall off so I'm keeping them for a while.

Honestly, I don't know whether to ding around with my calories or pull back on carbs or maybe cut the workouts back to less than two hours. Seems like I should do something to make the scale move.

But, it will just probably move when my body is ready.

You are losing fat! I am losing fat!! That's what we want, right? come here and vent anytime, Girl!
Thanks YAmYAM ,, i think i just expect my body to do what i tell it to.. it dont listen to well, lol.. But yes, we are losing fat and thats what we are all hear for, i do feel better since putting my thoughts out there.. big hugs to all
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Girl, you're still doing great! You started 13 days ahead of me and you're down 16 lbs. - I'm down just shy of 6, although I'm hoping my first weighin in a week tomorrow will show some additional loss.

Love casmira's analogy.

It'll happen, just hang tight!
Thanks sweetheart~ We will get thru this wont we I pray you get that whoosh fairy soon
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
yes, I have been through this more than once! I still love JUDDD and can not believe I waited so long to get back into JUDDD mode!

Kimberly, I believe you will see a whoosh this weekend but I do know exactly the frustration. I blame mine on having to insert MD's quite a bit in late Mar/ early April. It seemed like just when I had the rotation perfected, another situation occurred where I need to switch.
Thanks Sunday!! I will send that whoosh fairy to you if she stops by my place
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
This to shall pass. Although we want to see immediate results you are right that it is not a race. In fact, I am embracing the slow loss since I am hoping that means I will have an easier time staying at my lower weight.
Onward.
I usually tell people that same thing.. This too shall pass is soo right.. Thanks for the reminder!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Kimberly!

I'm so with you! Seen the same number after DD three days this week. Yet - I put on my jeans this morning and didn't have to do the squat and stretch to make them less tight! So things HAVE to be happening for us in the inches department.

Chin up friend! The scale WILL move again!
Thanks hun.. i know it has to.. i mean come on, every other day with no food has got to be doing somthing!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by casmira View Post
Well, every time you complete a DD, even if you don't see any movement, you cement the process. That's an achievement in itself. You cement it further on the hardest days, because those are the days your body is willing you to give up and grub up.

Your body wants to hold on to the fat and is trying every single trick it can, from fuddling your mind to forcing you to deal with the hunger to retaining some fluid. But this too will pass.
Thanks sweet heart!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
It's easy to know it in your head, and yet still be frustrated with wanting it to change.

I do suggest you measure, even though you don't have starting numbers. It can really help when the scale isn't moving, to see the tape measuring smaller.

It WILL happen, the scale will start moving again. Just stay the course and don't give up.
Thats the thing i cant seam to control,, what my dang head is saying.. But i will battle with my brain and over come this lil stall on the scale,, thanks sweetheart!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,935
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by casmira View Post
Well, every time you complete a DD, even if you don't see any movement, you cement the process. That's an achievement in itself. You cement it further on the hardest days, because those are the days your body is willing you to give up and grub up.

Your body wants to hold on to the fat and is trying every single trick it can, from fuddling your mind to forcing you to deal with the hunger to retaining some fluid. But this too will pass.
This is really great post Casmira, I wish you would post on the boards to remind everyone that all of this is an achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
This to shall pass. Although we want to see immediate results you are right that it is not a race. In fact, I am embracing the slow loss since I am hoping that means I will have an easier time staying at my lower weight.
Onward.
Exactly.

So many great answers here, love you all!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member
 
nickicaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 182
Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Awww, that sucks and I SO KNOW how you feel! I am really struggling here and won't weigh or measure myself for a full month bc I don't trust that I won't give up completely if I do it any earlier. We are here to support you through it all so vent away.
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
Awww, that sucks and I SO KNOW how you feel! I am really struggling here and won't weigh or measure myself for a full month bc I don't trust that I won't give up completely if I do it any earlier. We are here to support you through it all so vent away.
Thank you darlin~ Love your frenchie!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Aww, Kimberly, we understand what you're feeling. The great thing is, your body is just taking a break so the WL will start again soon. It doesn't seem that long ago you broke into the 190s, and somehow you've snuck some more loss in when I wasn't looking, cause your stats say 194! It's a big deal for your body to let go of its "precious" fat stores, so it needs a break ever so often to prepare to give some more up. It will, though! KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,318
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I was just reading about the body's rebellious "Weight Rebound Reaction." And, it's very interesting.

"When a body has lost a good number of pounds through effective dieting, several reactions conspire to put the weight back on." (or to stop losing for a while).

Here are 3:

1. Increase in appetite: "triggering hunger pangs to encourage you to eat more."

2. Reduction in energy consumption: "...if you earn less money, you spend less money. Biological organisms react in a similar way. This is why many people complain about feeling cold during weight loss diets; your body is using less energy to keep you warm." Tiredness can be another way of your body reducing energy consumption because if you move less, you burn less calories and fat.

3. Maximum extraction of calories consumned: "Finally, the body's third reaction is the most efficient and the most dangerous one, whether you are trying to lose weight or are stabilizing, as it consists in assimilating the calories from your food more efficiently. An individual who ordinarily extracts 100 calories from a slice of bread might end up assimilating 120 to 130 calories from the same size slice after dieting. Each morsel is sifted through, and everything possible is absorbed. This increase in calorie extraction takes place in the small intestine."

Interesting stuff, huh?? And this is all because of our body's biological proclivity to store fat in case of a coming famine. IF helps thwart this with the re-feed on UDs. However, our stubborn bodies will try every trick in the book to stall or dissuade us from losing any further.

It goes on to basically talk about how, each time we lose a chunk of weight (amount varies I guess) the body needs about 5 days per pound lost to accept and get used to the idea of the loss. This explains the "resting" period Beeb and Sophiecat and others have mentioned. We could probably also call those "set points" as some have talked about.

In August I lost 14 pounds fast. Then my body "rested" for 2 weeks before starting to lose again. When I hit 20 pounds down, I had another period of time where nothing budged. I just bounced up and down the same 2-3 pounds. Finally it started moving slowly downward again, but came to a halt at 27 pounds down.

That's when I started JUDDing. I lost 5, gained 2 and was stuck at 199-200 for a while. In March I had a nice loss and got to 193 but in April I'm just dancing around at 194-195.

So, if the weight rebound reaction info is true, I shouldn't be surprised that my body is "resting" for 30 days. After all, if it takes 5 days per pound lost for my body to accept this latest loss and I lost 6 pounds in March: 6 x 5 = 30.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means I should start losing again very soon!!!

Kimberly: Is this at all helpful in understanding that our bodies do "rest" for a while after a drop??

One thing I'm thinking is that in the past, when I was doing WW or LC, if I stopped losing on the scale for a month I would become discouraged and quit!!! That's when the body's rebound and rebel action wins!!! I would rapidly gain the weight back in the past!!!

Not this time. I enjoy JUDD so much and don't want to lose the "magic" gene effect that I'm going to hang in there. And, this weight is going to drop! I'm not giving up and I'm not giving in and I'm not giving my body any other choice!!!!!

Just wanted to share. You know I'm an info junkie. HTH!! It was meant to encourage you to hang in there with me! WE are BUDDS!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Luna Loca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin
Posts: 11,231
Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I was just reading about the body's rebellious "Weight Rebound Reaction." And, it's very interesting.

"When a body has lost a good number of pounds through effective dieting, several reactions conspire to put the weight back on." (or to stop losing for a while).

Here are 3:

1. Increase in appetite: "triggering hunger pangs to encourage you to eat more."

2. Reduction in energy consumption: "...if you earn less money, you spend less money. Biological organisms react in a similar way. This is why many people complain about feeling cold during weight loss diets; your body is using less energy to keep you warm." Tiredness can be another way of your body reducing energy consumption because if you move less, you burn less calories and fat.

3. Maximum extraction of calories consumned: "Finally, the body's third reaction is the most efficient and the most dangerous one, whether you are trying to lose weight or are stabilizing, as it consists in assimilating the calories from your food more efficiently. An individual who ordinarily extracts 100 calories from a slice of bread might end up assimilating 120 to 130 calories from the same size slice after dieting. Each morsel is sifted through, and everything possible is absorbed. This increase in calorie extraction takes place in the small intestine."

Interesting stuff, huh?? And this is all because of our body's biological proclivity to store fat in case of a coming famine. IF helps thwart this with the re-feed on UDs. However, our stubborn bodies will try every trick in the book to stall or dissuade us from losing any further.

It goes on to basically talk about how, each time we lose a chunk of weight (amount varies I guess) the body needs about 5 days per pound lost to accept and get used to the idea of the loss. This explains the "resting" period Beeb and Sophiecat and others have mentioned. We could probably also call those "set points" as some have talked about.

In August I lost 14 pounds fast. Then my body "rested" for 2 weeks before starting to lose again. When I hit 20 pounds down, I had another period of time where nothing budged. I just bounced up and down the same 2-3 pounds. Finally it started moving slowly downward again, but came to a halt at 27 pounds down.

That's when I started JUDDing. I lost 5, gained 2 and was stuck at 199-200 for a while. In March I had a nice loss and got to 193 but in April I'm just dancing around at 194-195.

So, if the weight rebound reaction info is true, I shouldn't be surprised that my body is "resting" for 30 days. After all, if it takes 5 days per pound lost for my body to accept this latest loss and I lost 6 pounds in March: 6 x 5 = 30.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means I should start losing again very soon!!!

Kimberly: Is this at all helpful in understanding that our bodies do "rest" for a while after a drop??

One thing I'm thinking is that in the past, when I was doing WW or LC, if I stopped losing on the scale for a month I would become discouraged and quit!!! That's when the body's rebound and rebel action wins!!! I would rapidly gain the weight back in the past!!!

Not this time. I enjoy JUDD so much and don't want to lose the "magic" gene effect that I'm going to hang in there. And, this weight is going to drop! I'm not giving up and I'm not giving in and I'm not giving my body any other choice!!!!!

Just wanted to share. You know I'm an info junkie. HTH!! It was meant to encourage you to hang in there with me! WE are BUDDS!!
Wow, very interesting stuff!! And gives me a whole new perspective on how this month has gone. I lost about 5 1/2 pounds very fast at the beginning of the month and then basically my loss has flatlined. I was getting very frustrated. Plus I have had the hunger pangs and the feelings of less energy. Probably also the efficient extraction of calories, too! Makes sense!

Ha! Body, you can try all you like, but we are NOT putting those pounds back on. Adjust and let's move on. <---- little pep talk to my body
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #24
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,033
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Yam-Yam. It makes a lot of sense. Now to internalize and accept the knowledge . . . that's another issue altogether!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I was just reading about the body's rebellious "Weight Rebound Reaction." And, it's very interesting.

"When a body has lost a good number of pounds through effective dieting, several reactions conspire to put the weight back on." (or to stop losing for a while).

Here are 3:

1. Increase in appetite: "triggering hunger pangs to encourage you to eat more."

2. Reduction in energy consumption: "...if you earn less money, you spend less money. Biological organisms react in a similar way. This is why many people complain about feeling cold during weight loss diets; your body is using less energy to keep you warm." Tiredness can be another way of your body reducing energy consumption because if you move less, you burn less calories and fat.

3. Maximum extraction of calories consumned: "Finally, the body's third reaction is the most efficient and the most dangerous one, whether you are trying to lose weight or are stabilizing, as it consists in assimilating the calories from your food more efficiently. An individual who ordinarily extracts 100 calories from a slice of bread might end up assimilating 120 to 130 calories from the same size slice after dieting. Each morsel is sifted through, and everything possible is absorbed. This increase in calorie extraction takes place in the small intestine."

Interesting stuff, huh?? And this is all because of our body's biological proclivity to store fat in case of a coming famine. IF helps thwart this with the re-feed on UDs. However, our stubborn bodies will try every trick in the book to stall or dissuade us from losing any further.

It goes on to basically talk about how, each time we lose a chunk of weight (amount varies I guess) the body needs about 5 days per pound lost to accept and get used to the idea of the loss. This explains the "resting" period Beeb and Sophiecat and others have mentioned. We could probably also call those "set points" as some have talked about.

In August I lost 14 pounds fast. Then my body "rested" for 2 weeks before starting to lose again. When I hit 20 pounds down, I had another period of time where nothing budged. I just bounced up and down the same 2-3 pounds. Finally it started moving slowly downward again, but came to a halt at 27 pounds down.

That's when I started JUDDing. I lost 5, gained 2 and was stuck at 199-200 for a while. In March I had a nice loss and got to 193 but in April I'm just dancing around at 194-195.

So, if the weight rebound reaction info is true, I shouldn't be surprised that my body is "resting" for 30 days. After all, if it takes 5 days per pound lost for my body to accept this latest loss and I lost 6 pounds in March: 6 x 5 = 30.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means I should start losing again very soon!!!

Kimberly: Is this at all helpful in understanding that our bodies do "rest" for a while after a drop??

One thing I'm thinking is that in the past, when I was doing WW or LC, if I stopped losing on the scale for a month I would become discouraged and quit!!! That's when the body's rebound and rebel action wins!!! I would rapidly gain the weight back in the past!!!

Not this time. I enjoy JUDD so much and don't want to lose the "magic" gene effect that I'm going to hang in there. And, this weight is going to drop! I'm not giving up and I'm not giving in and I'm not giving my body any other choice!!!!!

Just wanted to share. You know I'm an info junkie. HTH!! It was meant to encourage you to hang in there with me! WE are BUDDS!!
You bet it did! Thanks hun.. I Will keep eating my UD numbers and stick it out with my 120 from coffee: on my DD.. it has proven to work for me and will continue to do so.... once it gets done "resting" I think i would be tired too if i was my body who just mispalced 32 pounds .. i think i would "stop" and take inventory agin too
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
ellgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 890
Gallery: ellgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Yam-Yam. It makes a lot of sense. Now to internalize and accept the knowledge . . . that's another issue altogether!
Right????
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,775
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Deep breathes!!! You gave me some great advice to stay the course in the last week or two. We'll all start losing soon - I am sure of it!!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,990
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Deep breathes!!! You gave me some great advice to stay the course in the last week or two. We'll all start losing soon - I am sure of it!!
You know it!! I soo cant wait,, its like wating to open my birthday present
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,789
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Kimberly!

Keep measuring - that will probably show the logjam breaking before the scale does. And remember, every DD you are doing wonderful NSV things to your body - things that will support you in a long and healthy life (and make your skin glow).

I wonder, Yam-Yam, how the NSV thing plays into stalls? Does the body shout, "Hold on dang it! I am busy trying to adjust to all this weight you just removed AND I am normalizing blood glucose and handling Spring allergies! I'll get back to you as soon as I can!" ?

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-27-2012 at 01:08 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,318
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Kimberly!

Keep measuring - that will probably show the logjam breaking before the scale does. And remember, every DD you are doing wonderful NSV things to your body - things that will support you in a long and healthy life (and make your skin glow).

I wonder, Yam-Yam, how the NSV thing plays into stalls? Does the body shout, "Hold on dang it! I am busy trying to adjust to all this weight you just removed AND I am normalizing blood glucose and handling Spring allergies! I'll get back to you as soon as I can!" ?
Love it! I think you are right. Especially with JUDD, I know good things are happening. All the healthy anti-aging, anti-inflamatory, cell-rescuing stuff. Plus, the fat is still burning as evidenced by inches lost. And, of course, muscle strengthening and preserving. Our bodies are just busy little bees and will sluff off the poundage in order of priority I guess!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriendsŪ is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.