Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justapinch
Stats: 230/194/160?
WOE: JUDDD 1/8/12!
Start Date: Oct 2010
Eating back exercise calories...

Quick question: on days when I burn more than 1000 calories (according to my heart rate monitor, all I can say is Damn, Zumba!), is it ok to eat some extra? I think the majority of you try to avoid "eating back" exercise calories but I burnt 1800 yesterday from swimming and zumba and im worried if I don't, it will be the equivalent of not eating up to my UD requirement. Thoughts?
justapinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
I don't eat back my calories as such, as I don't really trust the accuracy of calories burned. But I do listen to my body and if I feel like I need fuel I will eat more. However I don't usually find that what I have eaten affects my exercise performance. I do often drink a bit of beetroot juice with coconut water before a workout as the coconut water has a lot of electrolytes and the beet juice contains a lot of nitrates.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nor me, and I do Zumba a lot.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
I don't either, and I practice Bikram which burns between 700-1400 calories per session. Maybe just up your calculation to the highest calorie allotment due to intense exercise? Or are you already there?
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
If you use the calculator option "moderate exercise" than it should give you the correct UD and DD calories and you shoudn't have to change anything. It's much easier and a better program to just keep things consistent rather than tweak calories on a daily basis. Easy to over or under estimate and get off track that way.

nickicaps - I have always been interested in bikram yoga. We have a studio right down the street. You've inspired me to try it. In fact, I'm going TODAY. No putting off what we can do today, right??? Kids are home sick, hubby is curled up reading a book...never been a better time for me to have some "mommy time"

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #6

Tell us how it went.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
If you use the calculator option "moderate exercise" than it should give you the correct UD and DD calories and you shoudn't have to change anything. It's much easier and a better program to just keep things consistent rather than tweak calories on a daily basis. Easy to over or under estimate and get off track that way.

nickicaps - I have always been interested in bikram yoga. We have a studio right down the street. You've inspired me to try it. In fact, I'm going TODAY. No putting off what we can do today, right??? Kids are home sick, hubby is curled up reading a book...never been a better time for me to have some "mommy time"
I'm SO excited for you. Bikram has truly changed my life in so many ways. At first I HATED it, but by the end of my first week I was addicted. It's like JUDDD- give it at least a month before you make up your mind! I also hope you have a nice clean studio bc a stinky one can really turn someone off and that isn't the fault of the practice but of the studio staff...
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I didn't end up going My mother called and by the time I got off the phone, the sun had come out. We've had 2 weeks of rain so DH and DS1 thought we should go outside instead. But we've checked the schedule and my DH agrees that Sunday will work. I'm going rain or shine this time. They have a 2 week trial so I'll give it 2 weeks.

Thanks for the reminder and encouragement.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
I'm active...I work outside for a living, and I don't eat back "exercise" calories. I used the little to no exercise option on the Juddd calculator. Maybe that's why I lose consistently. I do eat plenty of protein and drink protein shakes everyday so I have the energy to go on and do what I do.
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
it's up to you whether to eat or not ,and it depends on your goal after all ..
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
I'm SO excited for you. Bikram has truly changed my life in so many ways. At first I HATED it, but by the end of my first week I was addicted. It's like JUDDD- give it at least a month before you make up your mind! I also hope you have a nice clean studio bc a stinky one can really turn someone off and that isn't the fault of the practice but of the studio staff...
I actually asked this exact question on the daily chat thread. I do Bikram yoga as well and I've found that if I do it on a DD I get really nauseous. If I do it on an UD, I'm fine but if I eat "normal calories" (2100-2500), I am absolutely starving on my DD following it. This week, I ate crazy calories on my second yoga day (~3000) and lost a half pound for the week.
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #12

It is the old adage, YMMV.

Sounds as if you should add something to either the UDs or DDs, Shelby.