Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Vacation question for maintainers

Hey all you happy people in maintenance!

Cutie99 asked me a very good question and I can see the answer going any of several ways. So, I decided to ask the people who are living it.

Suppose you are in maintenance, go on a really amazing culinary vacation, and gain ten pounds.

When you get back, do you return to maintenance level eating to lose the weight? Or do you return to weight-loss level DDs? If you drop DDs, do you drop UDs too?

JUDDD theory says returning to maintenance levels will, probably slowly, remove the weight. But that is theory. What does real life say and do?

Many thanks!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Interesting minds want to know!
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I would drop to wlm levels until I was back in maintenance, then raise my DD and/or UD cals back to maint levels.

My only experience with a vacation I came back a pound lighter than I left and then decided to lose a few more, so went back to wl UD/DD numbers (I'd been in maintenance when I left).
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
I would think I would go back to weight loss mode until I lost the weight I wanted to lose than back to maintenance.
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Not me, I would just stay at my maintenance levels and let JUDDD work it's "magic". What will happen is with the extra weight my body will kick into high gear as soon as I start my regular rotation and that weigh will come right off.

Been there, have done this, and it worked fine for me! Didn't gain 10 but did gain 5 and it came right off. If I was doing LC this would never happen but not on JUDDD!

Another thing is I don't think we really can gain that much weight in the time that is a usual vacation unless we ate like a little piggy! Even when I do go off for a few days for a celebration or holiday I tend to not eat that much anyway, at least every other day which would be my DD anyway. My body just doesn't want that much food on these days and I find myself not hungry and when I finally do get hungry I tend to eat a lot less than I would the next day, an UD.

Just my observations and how I do things, nothing more!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Nancy, thank you soo much for doing this thread!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/176.5/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Not me, I would just stay at my maintenance levels and let JUDDD work it's "magic". What will happen is with the extra weight my body will kick into high gear as soon as I start my regular rotation and that weigh will come right off.

Been there, have done this, and it worked fine for me! Didn't gain 10 but did gain 5 and it came right off. If I was doing LC this would never happen but not on JUDDD!

Another thing is I don't think we really can gain that much weight in the time that is a usual vacation unless we ate like a little piggy! Even when I do go off for a few days for a celebration or holiday I tend to not eat that much anyway, at least every other day which would be my DD anyway. My body just doesn't want that much food on these days and I find myself not hungry and when I finally do get hungry I tend to eat a lot less than I would the next day, an UD.

I have done this also and just went back to my regular rotation and in about a week it comes right back off. You are right about lc those pounds would take longer to come off or we would of gotton discouraged b/c of the time it was taking and would fall off the wagon.
kj
KJ-43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Good discussion! I'm listening but have nothing to add... just soaking up all this good info from fellow vacationers/maintainers for future reference (oh vacation - you can't come soon enough)!
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post

^^^^ Exactly how I've been handling my fun times, also!

I don't gain nearly as much as I did doing low carb, and with my rotations, it's off in 3 DDs, and most times, fewer than that!

I believe in the JUDDD magic!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I would keep my UD levels the same and lower the DDs initially, moving back up to my maintenance quickly. But in all honesty, it would be impossible for me to gain 10 lbs that quickly. In maintenance, I find a couple of lbs is so noticable and takes time to gain. I'm not saying this to be rude...bear with me...what I'm saying is that I would be suspicious this is "weight" and so less likely to go into WLM. If it was just water weight, I'd reduce my carbs the first two weeks back. If it was the puffiness I get from dehydration (I gain weight from exercise due to the this!!! and of course, alcohol)...then I'd up my intake of water...etc...

Part of my journey the last 1.7 yrs on here is learning about my body. What works for me, what I respond to, what I don't respond well to, etc. That is a huge part of maintenance success (IM..very...HO).

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.

Last edited by hockey_gal; 04-27-2012 at 09:29 AM..
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I know, especially with those lovely little sirtuin enzymes doing their thing, it is unlikely any of us could gain ten pounds in a very short time.

Maybe I should have phrased the question more generically, as in 'If you gained an unacceptable and large amount of weight as the result of life happening (vacation, illness, extended family emergency, forgetting what JUDDD is, whatever)'

But when I wrote the original question, it was tired and I was late.

Anyway, I think we have our answer.

Once in maintenance, if you inadvertently gain an unseemly amount of weight, it is very likely returning to maintenance levels will remove said weight pretty quickly. You should see the weight going or gone in a week. If that does not happen then reduce DDs and kick tail!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I know, especially with those lovely little sirtuin enzymes doing their thing, it is unlikely any of us could gain ten pounds in a very short time.

Maybe I should have phrased the question more generically, as in 'If you gained an unacceptable and large amount of weight as the result of life happening (vacation, illness, extended family emergency, forgetting what JUDDD is, whatever)'

Once in maintenance, if you inadvertently gain an unseemly amount of weight, it is very likely returning to maintenance levels will remove said weight pretty quickly. You should see the weight going or gone in a week. If that does not happen then reduce DDs and kick tail!

kick tail
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote