Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Maybe, you're staying too lc instead of climbing. Lots of peop seem to stall staying VLC.

JUDDD can certainly be LC since there is really no diet rule. And it may be easier to have more options since you have a family.

Give it a go and see how you feel.

I have LC'd for a looong time and I too love the food but it is nice to give up worrying about and isolating myself.

I really don't have any urge for junk food but I can have a sandwich if I want and never think twice about wine and chocolate.....or Wendy's chili!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Jem, you're a lady after my own heart.

I don't exercise much, but when I do I don't notice any difference between UDs and DDs. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Rand. Honestly you might want to give Juddd a bit more than a two week try. Some of its benefits including weight loss are not truly realized until 4-5 weeks in or so. I don't mean you won't lose at first, of course you will, but after a few weeks you get a better idea of at what rate per week you will lose. Dr. J mentions that week 9 is esp important as a lot of benefits really start to kick in around this time. I just feel like I understand the woe so much better, I'm in my fifth week, than I did at the end of my second week. Then I liked it, now I love it. I came from Adkins and added back some carbs with no problems. I'm sure you will love the dark side like the rest of us so good luck.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

Alot of Atkins loving JUDDers disagree w/ Dr. J's take on fats. I never did Atkins, so I didn't think much about any of that when I read the book. I eat my olive oil and coconut oil and butter sometimes and lots of meat.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on that. I'm not sure why he even addresses fats when he makes it clear that you can eat whatever you want, The only important JUDD rule is to respect your calories numbers on UDs and DDs.
I agree! Sort of perplexing that he can be so progressive in advocating calorie cycling, yet "old school" in his thinking about saturated fats, fats in general and cholesterol.
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote