Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I do not think it's always a matter of losing more pounds. It's all about the fat cells shrinking and melting away. Keep doing JUDD. IF has a fat burning component built in. It's science!!!
You're definitely right, Yam-Yam, as I am really not looking to lose more than my current goal weight and my waistline had been slowly whittling down without weight loss in the past few months -- I attribute all of this to JUDDD as this has never happened to me with any other woe. I know since I stopped exercising for practically 2 years now, that I need to start back up, which will help with my body composition and shape as well. Oh, and I definitely plan on doing JUDDD for life! I have JUDDD to thank for finally having a normal relationship with food and understanding so many things about own body for the first time ever.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
You're definitely right, Yam-Yam, as I am really not looking to lose more than my current goal weight and my waistline had been slowly whittling down without weight loss in the past few months -- I attribute all of this to JUDDD as this has never happened to me with any other woe. I know since I stopped exercising for practically 2 years now, that I need to start back up, which will help with my body composition and shape as well. Oh, and I definitely plan on doing JUDDD for life! I have JUDDD to thank for finally having a normal relationship with food and understanding so many things about own body for the first time ever.
Great post!!! Same here. I can't believe the inches melting away like this and me being in a much smaller size at a weight I've seen before. Keep doing what you are doing! You are doing GREAT!!!! No second guessing!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shirleychef
Stats: 235/154/140's
WOE: hCG for loss, JUDDD currently
Start Date: April 25, 2011
Quote:
I have not checked out a BMI calculator in a while because I don't think height and weight alone are enough to come to the conclusions they do. (most body builders who might have a body fat% of like 5% are considered "obese" on BMI charts because of height/weight).

Anyway, the discussion here got me curious so I checked it out. Here's the link if anyone wants it:

BMI Calculator

So it says I'm between 25 and 29 which makes me "overweight". I'll accept that.

I still think I look better than I did!!!
Funny that you linked a bmi calculator... on another thread you had posted another one.. or was it earlier in this thread?? The link that uses the wrist measurements. And according to three different BMI calculators that I've looked on today I'm at a normal weight, especially the one that factors in the fact that I have a large frame. According to the BMI calculator that I used a couple months ago it said that i had to reach 152 to be "normal". Funny isn't it how those 2 pounds can seem so far off from "normal". Those measly 2 pounds were REALLY bothering me... but after seeing the other 3 charts plus, I went onto the Dunkan Diet site to get info for a friend, typed in my stats and they said I was at an ideal body weight and did not need the Dunkan Diet info. I guess after seeing it on 3 charts AND hearing 2 different doctors tell me this week that I'm at a good weight... it is time to MOVE ON with life and not be focused on losing weight.

So.............. I will seek to be content if JUDDD does NOT move me further down on the scale. AND work on toning up the parts that are still jiggly.
shirleychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Interesting - I chose 120 because of my height - 5'2" - however, according to the calculator and your suggestions -if it really is the point finger - I'm big framed (which kind of shocks me!!)

If I'm Medium Framed - weight range = 118 - 128 (so I was aiming at the low end!)
If I'm Big Framed weight ragne = 128 - 140.8

Interestingly - before I got to that point - I was thinking about the lowest weight I've been as an adult - which strangely enough is 142 - and even though I'm only 5'2" - I looked pretty amazing!!! I was able to get into a UK size 8 (20 years ago - so little vanity sizing) on the bottom half. Tops were impossible to buy though because of my chest. And thinking about it - my chest was probably part of the reason I still weighed that much.

I am sorely tempted to change my goal to 140 - and then do as the rest of you do - see what happens in maintenance....
Old 05-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Well, JUDD is certainly a great start. You are preserving muscle just by activating the magic gene (magic genie). Have I ever told you to get Doctor Miriam Nelson's book, "Strong Women Stay Young?" It's all about a simple strength training program anyone can do in her own home. And, it's soooo motivating!!!

She tells the story of a 93 year old woman who never exercised in her life. Then she started to do mild resistance training for 20 minutes 2 times per week. Before you know it, she's outside shoveling a huge dump truck full of soil into her back yard all by herself.

Anyway, Nelson gives you 8 exercises to do 2 times per week at about 20 minutes to complete the 8 and you will be amazed at how quickly your muscles start toning and responding.

When I bought that book a few years ago, I went ahead and bought one for every woman in my life! My BFF, my sisters, DSIL....
If you Google Dr. Nelson there is a whole series of exercises you can view on your computer. Books are great and I have a huge library of them, but the moving visuals on the computer are very helpful.

This thread is great....thanks.. I just checked my weight and it says I am at the right weight - Congratulations. Well......I am not at a size or shape I am happy with however people keep saying I look smaller. I definitely need to get more exercise in. I am going to start with Dr. Nelson's as I don't have access to a gym at the moment due to traveling.