Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
At 5'4" at my age I'm guessing I would be thrilled with 145 but since that is a world away right now I am concentrating on just moving in that general direction....
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Scotty: I like that quote too! And, I can now look at myself in the full-length mirror, naked, every day and not feel nauseous!

I'll bet you do look long and lean at 140!!! Not far to go for you! Yay! I know it's crazy, but I look long and lean at 180 if I'm working out.

Large frame/ large boned are probably the same thing. Heavier bones and skeletal muscle. Plus a large serving of muscle mass which is also heavy as it's made up of 70% water.

I know that when you lose weight, the sub-cutaneous fat melts first. That's all located right underneath the skin and includes omentum (belly fat). Once that shrinks down nicely, your body starts to burn the inner and intra-muscular fat. That's fat between and laced through/inside muscles.

The losing of inches slows down at that point, but there will be more shrinking as it goes eventually. On a larger more muscular frame you can carry more weight and still look good as long as it's evenly distributed. I'll bet you are already looking hot!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
At 5'4" at my age I'm guessing I would be thrilled with 145 but since that is a world away right now I am concentrating on just moving in that general direction....
Good point. JUDD has helped me to give up the "quick fix" approach and addiction I had to dieting and just concentrate on moving in the right direction.

No more whining that "Oh, darn, I "only" lost one pound." No more of that!

Here's something I've posted before and I like it!:

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't, you should.
I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me.
I'm only one pound, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds,
five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly,
so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being only one pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying,
"Oh, I only lost one pound," (as if that were such a terrible thing).
For you see, if you do this,
you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you -
your arms, your legs,
your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!
After all, I'm
only one pound of fat!

Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/114.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I noticed the web site said "fingers"

Other sites mention to use the middle finger

I may have missed the part that said to use the pointer finger as I am getting old
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Even with pointer finger they still overlap for me. So def small boned here.

I'm almost getting motivated to exercise. LOL I saved the book on my wishlist. That must count for something.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I think she meant the number itself is meaningless, I tend to agree, because unless you have your weight flassing in neon lights strapped to your forehead nobody is really going to give a rats patootie what the actual number is. If you feel good who cares what the number is.

I picked 135 because it's what I got down to after kiddo #2 was born, after I hit that I'll see how I look/feel then go from there.
BINGO!
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I have been circling 130.7 for a while now, and not being super strict. 130.7-131.7 but I am judging by how my pants fit me as well. Interestingly enough, even though my weight has stayed relatively the same... my pants that are "my goal weight" fit better than they did 2 weeks ago at the same weight! LOVE IT!! I'm thinking 130 is about right on for a goal, and may go 128-130 to be able to maintain. I don't want to see 132 or above again!! Until I have children...
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Well I used that calculator, and I'm seriously unimpressed.

Last week my weight loss brought me into the normal range for BMI.

That calculator has me at 10-20lbs overweight. I've far more work to do than I thought (even though my actual goal was the midpoint of that range!) I just thought I was grand was losing a few pounds out of vanity!

I'm 5"1', small frame.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/178.5/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Good point. JUDD has helped me to give up the "quick fix" approach and addiction I had to dieting and just concentrate on moving in the right direction.

No more whining that "Oh, darn, I "only" lost one pound." No more of that!

Here's something I've posted before and I like it!:

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't, you should.
I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me.
I'm only one pound, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds,
five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly,
so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being only one pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying,
"Oh, I only lost one pound," (as if that were such a terrible thing).
For you see, if you do this,
you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you -
your arms, your legs,
your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!
After all, I'm
only one pound of fat!

I am going to copy this and put it on my fb page. This is such an encouragement.
kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/160/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
According to the calculator I'm large framed and in my ideal weight range!! If I choose medium frame, I'm only 7lbs over. Kind of nice to see, but my own sense is that I'll be sitting pretty in a size 10 or 8, which is probably around 155 for me. However, JUDDD is so full of lovely surprises that I could be totally off the mark!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I have been circling 130.7 for a while now, and not being super strict. 130.7-131.7 but I am judging by how my pants fit me as well. Interestingly enough, even though my weight has stayed relatively the same... my pants that are "my goal weight" fit better than they did 2 weeks ago at the same weight! LOVE IT!! I'm thinking 130 is about right on for a goal, and may go 128-130 to be able to maintain. I don't want to see 132 or above again!! Until I have children...
Yay for the pants fitting !!!! Woo hoo!!! That's what I love!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I think the most important part of this process is being honest with ourselves and learning about our bodies. To say, "weight doesn't matter" is kind of dishonest...to me. I'm not trying to be mean but we KNOW when we are overweight. I see ppl say the BMI is a terrible indicator bc weight lifters come out overweight. That may be true but weight lifters KNOW they have muscle and take this into account. I know that being 172 lbs was very unhealthy for me and that number was too high.

As for the "perfect" weight for me - well, there may be no such thing. I chose 150 bc I knew I could get to 155 easily but anything below always eluded me. If I was going to put in this huge effort of dieting (not the fad kind, the WOE kind) AND exercise (I had always exercised) than I wanted at least 5 lbs to show for it

I remember a woman in her 60s posting about losing another 10 lbs after she had been in maintenance for a while. She decided that as she grew older, she didn't want to carry around that extra weight and she was very happy she lost it. I think of that woman and wonder if maybe I should try to lose more...how much faster would I run a mile? how much longer will my knees hold out in ice hockey? etc?

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.

Last edited by hockey_gal; 04-28-2012 at 09:31 PM..
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Deanne: Great food for thought in your words. Wouldn't it be great if there was an easy, affordable and accurate way to just measure body fat percentage?

I have a body monitor scale. But I have read that it's not the most accurate way to know how much fat I'm carrying around. The most accurate ways are not accessible and they are very expensive.

I'm glad there is so much great information out there on what it means to be healthy. The tape measure is my friend. Now that I know waist measurement is super important and a great indicator of health, that can be one of my guides.

Our waist should measure no more than half our height in inches. Mine is below that, but I want to go lower and know I have much more fat to lose.

I truly believe I'll be able to lose 15 to 20 pounds of fat and also gain and strengthen muscle through weight lifting. I also realize that I might do all of that and still be wearing a size 10 in my clothes. That's because the fat needs to come off in "nooks and crannies" on my body and also probably exists inside my muscles and around my organs.

Right now my BP is low, my blood panel checked out great and all the health indicators are showing I'm on the right path.

So, my conclusion is that I need to keep eating healthy, exercising and my body will just end up at the weight it's supposed to be.

Thanks for all the great sharing!! I love all the wisdom and insight and encouragement on this forum!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Just re-read my post and cracked up that my "word of the day" must be like Tony the Tiger said "Grrrrrrreat!!"
Old 04-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #105
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Deanne: Great food for thought in your words. Wouldn't it be great if there was an easy, affordable and accurate way to just measure body fat percentage?

I have a body monitor scale. But I have read that it's not the most accurate way to know how much fat I'm carrying around. The most accurate ways are not accessible and they are very expensive.

I'm glad there is so much great information out there on what it means to be healthy. The tape measure is my friend. Now that I know waist measurement is super important and a great indicator of health, that can be one of my guides.

Our waist should measure no more than half our height in inches. Mine is below that, but I want to go lower and know I have much more fat to lose.

I truly believe I'll be able to lose 15 to 20 pounds of fat and also gain and strengthen muscle through weight lifting. I also realize that I might do all of that and still be wearing a size 10 in my clothes. That's because the fat needs to come off in "nooks and crannies" on my body and also probably exists inside my muscles and around my organs.

Right now my BP is low, my blood panel checked out great and all the health indicators are showing I'm on the right path.

So, my conclusion is that I need to keep eating healthy, exercising and my body will just end up at the weight it's supposed to be.

Thanks for all the great sharing!! I love all the wisdom and insight and encouragement on this forum!
I heard Dr. Oz say that it should be no larger than our inseam. Which might be a similar number for most people. For me, my inseam is 27", whereas half my height would be 31 1/2. I may have short legs, well, I do, compared to long lovelies like Yam-Yam, but even short for someone my height.

I am close to the 31 1/2, but a ways yet from the 27. I don't have many risk factors for the kinds of diseases that Dr. Oz was warning about, I have low blood pressure, low heart rate, low cholesterol, normal blood sugar readings, etc. so am not too worried about the health aspects of the number, more the vanity aspect.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Gonna go measure my inseam now...
Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
It's your pointer finger and thumb...

woah. mine are like 2 inches apart. I assumed it was middle finger in which case they *almost* touch.

I'm large boned, no question there. I have a lot of muscle and no one ever thinks I weigh what I do. In that I went to my doc for a physical complaining about my weight and said, "I mean for crying out loud! I weigh over 200 pounds!"

His jaw dropped. As in, he was in shock. I told him in was in the records, that the PA had JUST weighed me. He shook his head and said no WAY are you over 200 and made me get on the scale again. Yup. 206. He said he would have guessed 175. That's fairly common for me.

I look best around 145. Over 175 I feel miserable.

I have a size 9 shoe and size 5.5 fingers. My fingers are the only "small" things about me!

The calculator said my ideal range is 152-167. I disagree. I really prefer being under 150 and don't think at all that makes me look too thin.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
I truly believe I'll be able to lose 15 to 20 pounds of fat and also gain and strengthen muscle through weight lifting. I also realize that I might do all of that and still be wearing a size 10 in my clothes.
And, if you are still wearing a size 10...with muscles and your height you will look absolutely marvelous!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shirleychef
Stats: 235/154/140's
WOE: hCG for loss, JUDDD currently
Start Date: April 25, 2011
When I first started to lose weight Last February, my goal weight was 155 because that is what I weighed from the age of 13 - 20. Then when I first hit that weight back in November I couldn't settle there. Ended up doing another hcg round and got to 146... couldn't settle there. Now after another short hcg round I'm down to 154, BUT I am exercising now and my 154 looks better than the 146 looked.

I honestly am at the point where I don't know where I should land. I know that I'm happy here and that my Cardiologist and Naturalpathic Dr. who I just saw this past week said this is a perfect weight for me. I'm off my T3 medicines and my TSH is perfect once again. So... is this a good place for me? I don't know, yet?! I do know that for now I want to focus on using JUDDD during my phase 3 and if the scale drops lower and some of the abnormal fat that is still obvious disappears I'd be happy. BUT I think I might be ok here too.

I'm 5'6" with a large frame according to elbow measurement and the finger/thumb wrist test. Technically 154 is still 2 pounds in the overweight category if bone structure is not factored in, like on most BMI charts that just ask for weight... 154 is 2 pounds into the overweight category. With bone structure factored in supposedly I'm not overweight. I think I'd be more comfortable around 140, but am feeling majorly tired of "dieting" and thus want to just settle into JUDDD. Maintaining is my goal but if the scale drops I won't complain.

I wear size Medium tops and size 8 pants & skirts. Some size 10 depending on the style/cut/brand. My shoulders are broad so with blouses I tend to wear some size 12's. Dresses end up being 10's & 12's once again because of my shoulders and ribcage.

When I see other folks 5'6" getting to 125-135... I always think I'd look horrible at that weight... but I've not been that weight since I was 10-11 years old, so I cannot even imagine it.

This really has been an interesting thread to read!!
shirleychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
shirleychef, I agree.

My sister is my height, with a small/medium frame. She looks great at 125. I look hideous. I've been there. It wasn't pretty!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

I have not checked out a BMI calculator in a while because I don't think height and weight alone are enough to come to the conclusions they do. (most body builders who might have a body fat% of like 5% are considered "obese" on BMI charts because of height/weight).

Anyway, the discussion here got me curious so I checked it out. Here's the link if anyone wants it:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/

So it says I'm between 25 and 29 which makes me "overweight". I'll accept that.

I still think I look better than I did!!!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-29-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Old 04-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Apparently, according to the BMI calculator, I will have to get to 169 to be classified as a "normal weight". I just kept using the back button and walking my way down pound by pound and recalculating until I was normal. Just realized that overanalyzing every little thing like this is probably not normal at all.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Speaking of which.

Luna: I had never heard the inseam/waist measurement trick before.

So, I went to ehow.com to find out the correct way to measure inseam. Mine is 33 inches. Geez. I do have long legs! Ya think???

So, today my waist is 33.5 (it seems to go up and down half an inch or so depending on if I measure it after eating a big meal or measure in the am vs pm. Interesting. But apparently I'm .5 more than I should be today.

No matter. I still want to be below 30. Not sure if that's a possibility or not. But, it's a dream!!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
And, if you are still wearing a size 10...with muscles and your height you will look absolutely marvelous!!!!

The 10 I'm wearing now will look even better with more toned muscle and less fat for sure. I look waaaaay better now than when I started, but could look better. Reminds me of that saying, "I'm not what I want to be. I'm not what I'm going to be. But, thank God! I'm not what I was!!!"
Old 04-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Just measured my inseam, and it's 26. Wow...still have quite a ways to go then, if that's the case.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Well, my inseam is 31" and half my weight is 34"...since my waist is 34, I'm going with the half height measurement

I would like to lose a little more weight in that area though. In all honesty it's the only problem area I have left. If I stay healthy and it doesn't go away, I *might* consider lipsuction. I don't know. I've never been into that kind of thing...but...
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
Well, my inseam is 31" and half my weight is 34"...since my waist is 34, I'm going with the half height measurement

I would like to lose a little more weight in that area though. In all honesty it's the only problem area I have left. If I stay healthy and it doesn't go away, I *might* consider lipsuction. I don't know. I've never been into that kind of thing...but...
Keep JUDDING!!! The amazing fat-burning magic of IF will take care of it for sure!!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Just measured my inseam, and it's 26. Wow...still have quite a ways to go then, if that's the case.

I do not think it's always a matter of losing more pounds. It's all about the fat cells shrinking and melting away. Keep doing JUDD. IF has a fat burning component built in. It's science!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
According to the website, my weight should be between 152 and 167.2 and I am marginally overweight. My doctor set my goal weight at 163 but I want to get lower, so I guess my goal weight of 150 isn't too far off.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post
According to the website, my weight should be between 152 and 167.2 and I am marginally overweight. My doctor set my goal weight at 163 but I want to get lower, so I guess my goal weight of 150 isn't too far off.
Looks like you are "spot on" my Dear!!! WTG!!!!