Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersmommy View Post
YamYam I'm like you, tall with larger frame. I can now wear some size 12s bottoms but still need a 14 occasionally. Upstairs I'm still a Large thanks to D-cup girls and back fat!!Figuring there are about 10 pounds per size (and I started at 230 lbs size 18) I subtracted 50 lbs to reach a goal of size 8/10, but for a truly comfortable 8 I think I'd need to be down to 170.

My older sis is about 5'8" and weighs between 150-160 and wears an 8 (or maybe a 6).
We have very similar stats. I know what you mean about back fat and big "girls". lol! When my back fat and underarm fat started disappearing, I was so happy!! Elated actually! That's why I started using my tape measure under my arms and around my chest underneath the ladies. I've lost a lot of inches there.

Are you working out? The workouts for me are not making the scale go down, but definitely helping with posture and making inches melt faster and clothes look better.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
True! On all counts! I was just saying on another thread that for a fact the last time I was at this weight I wore a size 14! I recently gave away the very size 14 jeans I bought back then. Last time I was at Macy's and tried on a size 12 jeans that were soooooo cute and they were too big I couldn't believe it. I asked the sales lady to bring me a 10 and she said "Yippee!" and so did I when I slipped right into them and they looked good on me!

She and I had a whole discussion about ways to lose weight and I told her about Dr. J's book and JUDD.
That's even better in my book! Being a smaller size at a relatively higher weight is always better than being a larger size at a smaller weight!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cartersmommy
Stats: 230/194/180 5'10"
WOE: Atkins, started JUDDD April 14/12
Start Date: May 30, 2005/restart Jan 29, 2012
Yam-Yam I sooo hate my back fat. I will show my arms before I wear a too-tight shirt that shows my back fat rolls! My arms have shrunk some, but it's still alarming that I can shimmy my arm at just the right angle and speed and slap myself with my bat wing!

I was working out last year and felt terrific. My core was seriously strong and the cellulite on my thighs was finally yielding to the relentless sets of squats, lunges, jump-rope and running. Then I quit in the fall. I weigh less now but don't feel as strong. I want to start but know it will stall my loss (as far as what the scale says; I know I'll be gaining more muscle mass and still losing fat). I want to get a wee bit closer to my goal (another 10 lbs) before I get back to serious activity. I'd really loooove to get into boxing, and start running again.

What are your workouts like??

36 pounds and 22 inches lost since Feb 1/12
cartersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
Yam Yam, I am 5'9 too and when I started I chose 182 as my goal weight. Because I remembered weighing 182 once and thinking I looked good.
And I thought the same thing- why is it I want to get to 182 and other people can get to 160?!?!?

So, I got to 182 and decided I wanted to lose more...so my weight goal kept changing.

Now I am between 160 and 165. And I still see that other people my height are much smaller. I've just come to realize that with my large frame this is just the way it is going to be for me. I look good and I feel good and that's just how it is for me.

There are still days I see people who weigh 140 and wish I weighed that...but most of the time I realize it is not my body type and how I am supposed to be!

I think your ideal weight is where you look and feel good
Paula: I have the pictures from my son's wedding in 2002. Back then, I didn't think I was thin. Not because of what I looked like, but because the scale said 180. There is no way I would have ever told anyone how much I weighed. Now the little black dress I wore to the rehearsal dress is my goal dress! When I get that zipped all the way to the top, I will feel such a sense of accomplishment.

BTW: YOU LOOK AWESOME! So thin AND healthy!

In regards to the last part of your post: Reminded me of the first time I ever went to a Weight Watcher's meeting. I weighed 160 and was freaking out because I had always worked hard to stay around 145 all my adult life by doing low carb. But it just was not working.

One guy at the meeting asked me what I was doing there He said I was already thin enough and should get my head examined. Ha!

At the same meeting I started talking to another lady my height who looked very, very thin to me. She asked me how much I weighed and though I was a bit surprised that anyone would ask such a personal question, I decided to fess up since that's why I was there.

She said she weighed 130 and wanted to diet down to 115. Then she said, "If I ever stepped on the scale and it said 160 I would kill myself."

She looked like one of the unhappiest people I've ever met. I was speechless. She sounded so serious (and so condemning of me). I remember thinking, "Really?? You would commit suicide because of a number on a scale??"

I also remember at that meeting that the leader weighed me in and told me I was within my healthy weight range! I almost fainted because I couldn't believe it. She also told me that if I could lose just 5 pounds and maintain it for 5 weeks I could become a life time member. So I did.

But I have never forgotten that lady, what she said, and how bad she made me feel.

Today I'm in a mindset of feeling good right where I'm at but still striving to get better and reach my goal.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
That's even better in my book! Being a smaller size at a relatively higher weight is always better than being a larger size at a smaller weight!
Never thought of it that way!!!! I'm going to remember that!!! Thank you!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartersmommy View Post
Yam-Yam I sooo hate my back fat. I will show my arms before I wear a too-tight shirt that shows my back fat rolls! My arms have shrunk some, but it's still alarming that I can shimmy my arm at just the right angle and speed and slap myself with my bat wing!

I was working out last year and felt terrific. My core was seriously strong and the cellulite on my thighs was finally yielding to the relentless sets of squats, lunges, jump-rope and running. Then I quit in the fall. I weigh less now but don't feel as strong. I want to start but know it will stall my loss (as far as what the scale says; I know I'll be gaining more muscle mass and still losing fat). I want to get a wee bit closer to my goal (another 10 lbs) before I get back to serious activity. I'd really loooove to get into boxing, and start running again.

What are your workouts like??
Stop it!!! You're killing me!!!

I'm finally getting to the point where I don't have "back cleavage" when I wear a swimsuit. Know what I mean??

I do try to vary my workouts somewhat. Right now I'm doing one hour on the elliptical. I have several high intensity interval programs that I like to follow (one is called the "heart attack". play on words). I wear an HRM to keep me on track. Then I get off the elliptical, change shoes, and start strength training. I do one hour of upper and lower body work (have worked my way up to 2 minute planks for core and 100 ball crunches). I do squats, lunges and kettle bell as well as pull ups and push ups.

I hired an awesome personal trainer and she customized a program for me so I can workout on my own.

I just emailed her to set up some more sessions for next week. She is amazing! And, she pushes me to do things I did not know I could do.

After I do the strength training, I've been getting in the pool this week. It's outdoor and chilly because it's not heated. But, DH bought me Aqua Fit workout gear. So I do half an hour of water aerobics using the water resistance "weights" to finish up my workout. Been doing this 3 times per week.

On the in between days sometimes I do half hour cardio or just go for walks on our very mountainous terrain around our home. The hills are unbelievable. Total killer!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: Your guess is as good as mine...
Start Date: Start date: Constantly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
If weight is meaningless, then why are so many people trying to lose weight. You included.
I think she meant the number itself is meaningless, I tend to agree, because unless you have your weight flassing in neon lights strapped to your forehead nobody is really going to give a rats patootie what the actual number is. If you feel good who cares what the number is.

I picked 135 because it's what I got down to after kiddo #2 was born, after I hit that I'll see how I look/feel then go from there.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Christine: I was feeling like you are for a while. I wanted to lose some more pounds on the scale before going back to the gym because I wanted to see those lower numbers.

Then, I started noticing that even though the numbers were going down, I was having some unhappy consequences of not working out on a regular basis. One was that my back started hurting. I had a serious back injury several years ago that sent me to the hospital in an ambulance.

Months of physical therapy taught me that the only way to avoid back surgery is to keep my back and abdominal muscles strong through exercise.

The other thing is that I noticed I was starting to get "jiggly". My belly started jiggling and so did my thighs. Geez!!!!

The more I thought about it, the more I surmized that maybe through exercise I had gotten to the point where some of the internal, muscular fat had been burning away. Maybe lack of exercise had caused it to come back and then just maybe the subcutaneous fat was starting to come back. That would mean growing into bigger jeans while the scale numbers were going down!

The mere thought of that, and back pain, scared my sorry butt right back to the gym!!! Now I feel better, look better and figure when my muscles are at a certain point they will increase the calorie burn and eventually the scale numbers will have nowhere to go but down!

And, after that previous post I'm going to keep remembering: I would rather weigh more and be in a smaller size than weigh less and be in a bigger size!!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
I'm probably in the minority here but I'll throw in my 2 cents (or 47... ) (I can see the flames coming from a mile away because this may sound harsh. It's COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY MY OPINION...and that's really all... Absolutely no offense intended to anyone!)

I think if you take muscle mass/exercise into consideration, weight is a decently reliable factor. I have exercised very regularly for over 2 decades, even at my heaviest, so I have (and have had, even at my fattest) a really good layer of muscle/muscle tone under the fluff. I've found that for MOST people who have a decent base or exercise regularly, a good indicator of a goal weight is 100 pounds + 5 extra pounds for for every inch OVER 5 feet tall. This is assuming a medium frame. If you are large framed, add 5 pounds to your total. If small framed, subtract 5. So for me, at 5'9" with a medium/small frame, my goal weight is between 140 and 145. This also happens to be where almost all weight calculators put me, it follows the ancient military charts and insurance "healthy weight" charts, as well as BMI.

For years--I thought of myself as "large boned," and I pooh pooh'ed the standards because I KNEW that I couldn't get down to 145 without killing myself. But I'm not large boned, not by any measure (even if I do have really big hands! ). (I AM also hypo-thyroid, hypo-adrenal, and an hour-glass shape but even when I got my thyroid and adrenal issues sorted out, the weight wouldn't budge.) I do think that many times age, metabolism, thyroid disease, body fat distribution, etc. are all cited as reasons that we can't achieve a particular weight, even by doctors. It's only when I got to 155 and saw pics of myself and still wasn't happy with how I looked, that I explored the idea that 145 was a better weight for me after all.

I DO agree that it's all about how you feel and about how you feel about how you look. I just tend to think that weight charts and calculators are more accurate than we may tend to like to admit.

Ok...let the flaming begin...
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 9 - 09/04/14, 31 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~172->153
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Christine: I was feeling like you are for a while. I wanted to lose some more pounds on the scale before going back to the gym because I wanted to see those lower numbers.

Then, I started noticing that even though the numbers were going down, I was having some unhappy consequences of not working out on a regular basis. One was that my back started hurting. I had a serious back injury several years ago that sent me to the hospital in an ambulance.

Months of physical therapy taught me that the only way to avoid back surgery is to keep my back and abdominal muscles strong through exercise.

The other thing is that I noticed I was starting to get "jiggly". My belly started jiggling and so did my thighs. Geez!!!!

The more I thought about it, the more I surmized that maybe through exercise I had gotten to the point where some of the internal, muscular fat had been burning away. Maybe lack of exercise had caused it to come back and then just maybe the subcutaneous fat was starting to come back. That would mean growing into bigger jeans while the scale numbers were going down!

The mere thought of that, and back pain, scared my sorry butt right back to the gym!!! Now I feel better, look better and figure when my muscles are at a certain point they will increase the calorie burn and eventually the scale numbers will have nowhere to go but down!

And, after that previous post I'm going to keep remembering: I would rather weigh more and be in a smaller size than weigh less and be in a bigger size!!
You are throughly motivating me to get my tush in gear and really start exercising again. I had just told my husband last night that when I hit 149 I will start exercising again.....but maybe just maybe I should start now! I have 3 pairs of cute shorts in a size 10 I want to fit into by the end of June (I fit perfectly into my size 12's now). A number is just a number but fitting into my shorts would be Excellent!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
I'm probably in the minority here but I'll throw in my 2 cents (or 47... ) (I can see the flames coming from a mile away because this may sound harsh. It's COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY MY OPINION...and that's really all... Absolutely no offense intended to anyone!)

I think if you take muscle mass/exercise into consideration, weight is a decently reliable factor. I have exercised very regularly for over 2 decades, even at my heaviest, so I have (and have had, even at my fattest) a really good layer of muscle/muscle tone under the fluff. I've found that for MOST people who have a decent base or exercise regularly, a good indicator of a goal weight is 100 pounds + 5 extra pounds for for every inch OVER 5 feet tall. This is assuming a medium frame. If you are large framed, add 5 pounds to your total. If small framed, subtract 5. So for me, at 5'9" with a medium/small frame, my goal weight is between 140 and 145. This also happens to be where almost all weight calculators put me, it follows the ancient military charts and insurance "healthy weight" charts, as well as BMI.

For years--I thought of myself as "large boned," and I pooh pooh'ed the standards because I KNEW that I couldn't get down to 145 without killing myself. But I'm not large boned, not by any measure (even if I do have really big hands! ). (I AM also hypo-thyroid, hypo-adrenal, and an hour-glass shape but even when I got my thyroid and adrenal issues sorted out, the weight wouldn't budge.) I do think that many times age, metabolism, thyroid disease, body fat distribution, etc. are all cited as reasons that we can't achieve a particular weight, even by doctors. It's only when I got to 155 and saw pics of myself and still wasn't happy with how I looked, that I explored the idea that 145 was a better weight for me after all.

I DO agree that it's all about how you feel and about how you feel about how you look. I just tend to think that weight charts and calculators are more accurate than we may tend to like to admit.

Ok...let the flaming begin...
No flames from me! I do have some good muscle under a nice layer of "fluff"....though the fluff is shrinking nicely! By your method I should set my goal at 115-120 as I believe I'm medium to large boned (5'3"). That might be very doable for me, and when I hit my original goal of 135 I'll reassess. All through High School and before I had kids I was 106, but that would be impossible at this point, 120 sounds nice!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Shelbey: No flames here either! Great post!! Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

I think the first time I felt like going back to 180 for me would be OK was when I read Jorge Cruise's book, "The 3-Hour Diet". In it he has a weight chart. Weights for the same height vary depending on age. He adds a weight allowance for age (older, more weight is still in healthy range).

So, instead of just height like the old charts (Dr. Stillman had that rule of thumb you mentioned and his book was copyrighted in 1969) which said 100 for 5 feet and 5 lbs per inch after that, he takes all of these into consideration: Height, gender, frame size, whether or not you tend to have a lot of muscle and where you carry your weight, and age. Healthy weight for me: 178.

Interestingly when I went to Dr. Dukan's website where he has a place for you to calculate your "true weight" mine came out to exactly 178.

Yes, when I was younger I weighed less. At this age I have different reasons for wanting to be healthy than I did back then. I have a different sort of life and different dreams and a different reality.

And, very importantly as someone pointed out in a previous post here, I definitely don't want the skinny, wrinkly old lady look!! Oh, it was Beeb! Of course! The wise one!

I'd rather see a slightly higher number on the scale than look like the walking dead.

Actually, it just occurred to me that 180 is working in my favor. If I had a goal of 145-150 right now, I would feel soooooooo discouraged!! Knowing the mind tricks that happen surrounding all things weight related in my inner self, I could very well say "What's the use!" and give up!! Losing 50 pounds sounds daunting.

However, losing 13-15? Doable!

When I hit that first goal, I'm sure I might definitely maybe decide to work hard to lose more. Like you said, if I see a picture of myself at 180 and don't like it, I'll keep going for sure!

I definitely don't like seeing myself in pictures right now. Although they surely make me happier than the ones at my highest weight!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I am wondering this too. I am 5'3" and have a medium/large frame (according to the measurement method you posted in the other thread). I have big feet, too, size 10.

The high end of my "ideal" weight range would be about 135 according to charts and stuff. And I was there in high school (thought I was fat because I had a poochy belly). I don't know if that's sustainable for me now though--I'm almost 49 and have been so overweight I don't know what that does to metabolism or skin stretching or any of that. I picked 150 partly because it was a nice round number, because it was half of my starting weight, and because it seemed a fantasy. Now that I'm getting closer I'm wondering. How will I know when to stop?

Maybe this is another thread, maybe this goes along with what you're talking about. When I'm dressed, I think I look pretty hot. I have certain assets, shall we say, that I don't want to see go away, and if I get too much smaller, just might. I like being a curvy girl.

When I'm undressed, I think wow I have a long way to go! so I don't know.

I guess the best way to determine it is to see how I feel at that weight and decide then. A number is just a number. More important to me is how I look and feel, and can I maintain this weight without strain. That would be my criteria. Not some chart.
I am the same hight as you , but size 5/6 (US) feet. Curvy yes, but clearly a different build.

We are who we are, and none of us the same.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

This is the bling I was talking about:

bling 002.jpg

And a close up:

bling 003.jpg
Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
I picked my pre-college weight which was before I started taking meds that could pack on 10+ lbs in a week.

My goal weight is higher than others at my height, and I don't care. I wanna keep my curves! It may sound stupid, but without them I'd feel less feminine.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PCramer
Stats: 174/164/115 - BF% 39.3/36.3/12 @ 5'
WOE: JUDDD 2250/500 - TDEE 2225
Start Date: Re-started JUDDD 12/18/2013
I didn't have time to read through everyones posts at this moment (I'm surfing at work!!) but this is a website that I found very helpful in determining a realistic goal weigh for myself being "very" petite but also large framed.

Ideal Body Weight Calculator - HealthCentral.com

HTH
PCramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #47

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Cute. I can't wait until I don't feel too fat for bling!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #48

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCramer View Post
I didn't have time to read through everyones posts at this moment (I'm surfing at work!!) but this is a website that I found very helpful in determining a realistic goal weigh for myself being "very" petite but also large framed.

HTH
That's a cool one. Here's what it told me:

Ideal weight range is 176 - 193.6 lbs. (80 - 88 kg.).
You are overweight by 27.4 lbs. (12 kg.).

So maybe my goal of 175 isn't too far off the mark . . .
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

HTH
Thanks, PC!!!! Dawn you gotta check that one out. It gave me a weight range of 170 - 187 !!!! Then it says " You are marginally overweight by 6 pounds". Wow.

BTW Guys: Click on the pictures in my post to make each one bigger. Or check those same pics out on my profile.

Dawn: You are definitely the right size for bling!!! It's very slimming and very motivating as you are slimming further! Go get some! It will make you happy!!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I know. Someone's going to come on here and yell at me for looking for any old excuse not to have to lose 50 more pounds!!!

Seriously, I was feeling fat the other day and told DH I probably need to lose 50#. He said, NO WAY!! You would be skin and bones and I need a bit of something to hold on to!!!

He has no idea what I weigh and I wouldn't tell him for a million dollars!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
That's a cool one. Here's what it told me:

Ideal weight range is 176 - 193.6 lbs. (80 - 88 kg.).
You are overweight by 27.4 lbs. (12 kg.).

So maybe my goal of 175 isn't too far off the mark . . .
Exactly!!!

I'm loving this thread more and more!!! I feel even better after going and putting those jeans on. They feel sooooooo comfy!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
I happen to be very small boned/frame. I'm 5'almost 7" and have hands and feet the size of a child.

When my heavier friends say I don't "look" heavy, I always have to point this out!!

When/If I get to about 145, I might re-evaluate my goal weight. Losing 10 lbs in 4 weeks ......everyone has noticed and my clothes are looking ridiculous.
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
Quote:
Today I'm in a mindset of feeling good right where I'm at but still striving to get better and reach my goal.
That's the right attitude. You look great!
Psmileyf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieKGirl View Post
I happen to be very small boned/frame. I'm 5'almost 7" and have hands and feet the size of a child.

When my heavier friends say I don't "look" heavy, I always have to point this out!!

When/If I get to about 145, I might re-evaluate my goal weight. Losing 10 lbs in 4 weeks ......everyone has noticed and my clothes are looking ridiculous.
Pixie: You are doing GREAT!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmileyf View Post
That's the right attitude. You look great!
Thank you so much!!!! And, I feel like my attitude has improved even more by doing JUDD. I'm just not stressed about food for the most part. I feel at peace with me and the world.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Quote:
Pixie: You are doing GREAT!!!

Thank You, Thank YOu!! and your new jeans are adorable. I will be buying a new pair of jeans this week-end too.
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
When I was married over 44 years ago, I weighed in at 128 lbs.

At 5'2", I have a fairly large frame with a 6.25" wrist with an hourglass figure.

I would have loved to see that number again, but the reality of it is that if I were to go lower on the scale, I'm not sure how that would affect my skin, so decided to stay at 138.

I'm 72 now, and so decided to keep my numbers between 135-138 which is working OK........

I admit to sometimes wanting to test the waters to see how low I could go, but why mess with something that continues to work for me. Besides, I like eating at the high calorie level on UDs!

My avatar shows me at 138!

Gracie's Journal

Last edited by sazzie; 04-25-2012 at 03:35 PM..
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #58

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:

HTH
Quote:
Ideal weight range is 134 - 147.4 lbs. (60.9 - 67 kg.).
You are overweight by 30.6 lbs. (14 kg.).
You may wish to consult with your physician for medical help.
Ugh. That's depressing. Not so much for the weight, I kinda knew that but for the "you might want medical help"

Last edited by Luna Loca; 04-25-2012 at 04:03 PM..
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/19/2012
I personally used the dreaded BMI charts to pick 130 even though I'm not commited to that number. I've always said my goal is 130, but I'd get to 150 and see how I feel then. The lowest I have ever weighed (since Middle School) is 170 so I honestly have no idea where I am most comfortable or what weight my body gravitates toward. I used the charts as a 'this is what other people say' kind of starting point. I am by no means using them as the end-all, be-all for my weight loss. I will personally be ecstatic to see the other side of 200 so anything lower than that can only increase my thrill level!
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Love the bling, Yam!

I am small boned. The calculator tells me:

Ideal weight range is 132 - 145.2 lbs. (60 - 66 kg.).
Contratulations! Your weight is ideal!

Adding: Thinking some more on this, I wonder if our bodies just know what the ideal weight is, and that is why I continued to lose in maintenance to my current weight range? Anyone else who lost more in maintenance also lose down into the calculator's "ideal weight" for you?

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-25-2012 at 05:29 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote