Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
a weird phenomenom...

For the first time since I started JUDDD (2 month + 2 month last year) I almost fainted today walking in the street !
(I was back from grocery shopping so I just took some strawberries from my bag and made it back home ok !)

It's really weird cause I usually have no problems fasting till afternoon and today I even had a small lunch (200cal worth of rice cakes, laughing cow & broth).

So my hypothetis is that my lunch was less calories than the calories needed to digest it... yesterday's UD was absolutelly normal and I'm in great health, no TOM around... I can only think of that as an explaination.

Did any of you experience the same ? (faiting after having a really light meal)

Anyway I'm fine now and I just can"t wait for dear fiancé to be home so we can have diner... and strawberries

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Ooooooo. So sorry you experienced that. Have you had your potassium and magnesium and sodium levels checked?

I found out after my regular check up with the doc that mine were all dangerously low, which definitely explained a couple of dizzy spells. It didn't have anything to do w/ WOE. Doc suggested I take a break from donating blood every 8 weeks because that's what she suspected was my problem. And, she told me to focus more on foods that contain lots of potassium so I Googled it and found a list of the top 10 and try to include those. I put paprika on everything now!!!

Good choice on the strawberries to keep you vertical! Hope you are feeling better now.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieS View Post
For the first time since I started JUDDD (2 month + 2 month last year) I almost fainted today walking in the street !
(I was back from grocery shopping so I just took some strawberries from my bag and made it back home ok !)

It's really weird cause I usually have no problems fasting till afternoon and today I even had a small lunch (200cal worth of rice cakes, laughing cow & broth).

So my hypothetis is that my lunch was less calories than the calories needed to digest it... yesterday's UD was absolutelly normal and I'm in great health, no TOM around... I can only think of that as an explaination.

Did any of you experience the same ? (faiting after having a really light meal)

Anyway I'm fine now and I just can"t wait for dear fiancé to be home so we can have diner... and strawberries
Wow I am so sorry! It is scary. It happened to me once around month two. It was a DD and I just got done riding my exercise bike. My eyes started to feel like they were spinning and I was seeing stars and had to sit down and wait for it to pass. I take a pretty heavy duty dose of minerals, so I don't think that was it, but I do think I may have been dehydrated. I hadn't had much water before or during the exercise. I am sure to drink enough water now while I am exercising and it hasn't happened again. It might not even be that and may be something else, but I know how scary it can be.
I think I will try Yam-Yam's paprika tip though!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
So many factors contribute to feeling faint so I wouldn't be too ready to lay blame on what you ate or how much. I have felt this way on UDs, too when I have eaten nice sized meals and then on DDs when I haven't eaten anything for hours I will feel fine.

It could be the pressure in the air, sun spots, the weather, you name it. Sorry this happened but I wouldn't be too concerned unless it's a issue that happens over and over again.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
sorry Sweet Annie! We can only speculate as to the cause bc like Beeb said, there could be a million factors. I fainted after my first DD when I tried to get out of bed in the morning! Yet on another DD I made it through a 90 minute HOT HOT HOT yoga class on an empty stomach with no problems. I do hope you feel better.

My BP is often very low- is yours? Maybe have some pickles or sauerkraut to keep your sodium up a bit?
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Annie!

That has never happened to me on a DD. It has happened in the past when I was ill and did not know it. I think hydration, minerals, or see a doctor (check blood glucose and blood pressure) are all excellent advice.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote