Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
REALLY want to start JUDDD! HCG is killing me!

Hello all! I'm currently on day 17 of the HCG diet, and it kinda sucks. I've only lost 6 lbs so far, in fact I'm UP almost 2 today. This just isn't making sense to me anymore, how can you GAIN when you're eating 600 cals? I feel weak and irritable quite often, I just want out! I only have 30 lbs to lose, but I'm afraid that if I start JUDDD I'll gain or won't lose on it either. Any encouragement?

I plan to start running, back before I had a major bout with fibromyalgia I ran about 35 miles a week, so I'm sure that'll speed losses. Have any of you found that exercise helps losses? I'm so sick on not exercising! I can only take easy walks on HCG and even that makes me feel weak and hungry! I was all hyped up about how fast the weight might come off but I'm willing for it to take the rest of the year or more if it's better than this!
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am sorry that you are not losing but I could not exist on 600 calories EVERY day. I too would be weak and very irritable. Now I can fast every other day and be fine and then eat well every other day. I only needed to lose 35 pounds when I started JUDDD on Jan 8. I have lost 20 of those with not a lot of effort. I have not relied on exercise although I am sure I really need to do something in that area.

BUT I am losing slowly but I am not in a hurry. Years ago I lost those same 30 pounds in 6 weeks but I was not willing to to the low fat, low carb , low calories plan again to lose the pounds. I am older and want to enjoy my life without constantly telling everyone (when offered food) that I can't have that.

Everyone is different but it is working for me. You can only try JUDDD and see.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
I know next to nothing about the ins and outs of HCG but I have heard some people say the pills don't work for them or the drops don't work for them. Have you tried switching how you get your HCG?
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm sorry it's not going well for you. I have never done HCG and don't know much about it either. If you decide to come to JUDDD, we'd love to have you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #5

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfluffy View Post
Hello all! I'm currently on day 17 of the HCG diet, and it kinda sucks. I've only lost 6 lbs so far, in fact I'm UP almost 2 today. This just isn't making sense to me anymore, how can you GAIN when you're eating 600 cals? I feel weak and irritable quite often, I just want out! I only have 30 lbs to lose, but I'm afraid that if I start JUDDD I'll gain or won't lose on it either. Any encouragement?

I plan to start running, back before I had a major bout with fibromyalgia I ran about 35 miles a week, so I'm sure that'll speed losses. Have any of you found that exercise helps losses? I'm so sick on not exercising! I can only take easy walks on HCG and even that makes me feel weak and hungry! I was all hyped up about how fast the weight might come off but I'm willing for it to take the rest of the year or more if it's better than this!
I am so sorry you are not having results you want with hcg. It has helped me get me to below my goal weight!! I love hcg it worked where everything else wouldn't. But I know it is not for everybody. If I were not seeing results, I would be frustrated too. I lose 15 lbs on every 21 day round I do so I sing its praises. But I see that so many switch to JUDDD following a round and KEEP the weight off. I cannot wait for my time to maintain!! I hope this goes better for you

One more thing--have you seen our hcg forum here? There might be something over there you can look into as you finish your round. Lots of successes over there
Old 04-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Welcome to Juddd!

Beeb will be along soon who is one of our "JUDDD SuperStars" who hit goal in less than 2 months and is now 11 lbs below goal.
She started with very little to lose also!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
No plan works for every person (which is why there are so many different plans out there!). If it isn't working for you, there is no harm in trying something else.

Give JUDDD a month and see what happens.

I don't do much exercise, beyond some easy walking, and a bit of strength exercise with just bodyweight for resistance. Exercise just makes me hungry. LOL

Welcome if you decide to jump in!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Better With Age
Stats: 169/158.9/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 21, 2012
Stitchfluffy,

I am an hcg advocate as my husband and I had great success. Many co-workers and friends at church have also had success. We started June 2011 and did a little over 4 weeks, I lost 24 lbs and hubby lost 25. We have done a couple of shorter rounds over the year and hubby has lost a total of 40 pounds and I have lost 50 pounds. The last 8 I lost on JUDDD. It is a much slower loss than hcg, but the freedom in the foods you can eat is worth it. I have about 15 more pounds to lose. It will take longer than hcg, but I need to do something I can live with. Hope this will encourage you. By the way, hubby started JUDDD with me 5 weeks ago and only did it 2 weeks, he did like DDs. To each his own!

Melissa
Better With Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
If you are feeling that way, it may be time to try something else. I imagine you would have the same success on JUDDD that the rest of us are having.

I did the pure HCG orally for many rounds--too many rounds. I lost well on it, but I simply could not maintain that loss!! I found that I, along with many others, had to continue to use the HCG to maintain that loss. We'd gain, and back to the HCG to be rescued again. I truly did not want to spend the rest of my life taking HCG to keep the weight off!! Taking it for a round or two didn't concern me, but a lifetime of taking it made me worry about what it was doing to my system. The fast weight loss is extremely enticing-- I know that. But if you cannot keep it off, what is the point of all of that effort.

I don't think it is odd that you have gone up on the scale even eating that low of calories. All of that graphs I saw, including my own, rarely showed a consistent downward loss. There would be many "gains" (not really a gain) and staying stuck for long periods of time. I think when you eat so low in calories for a consistent period of time, your body just fights it.

I always felt deprived on HCG and like I could not be social. On JUDDD, the loss may be slower, but I don't feel deprived and I can be social and enjoy my foods and I don't feel cranky and irritable.

I say why not try it for a month and see what you think? I think you will be happy with it.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Thanks guys for the support! I can't wait to get started, I'm dying to start exercising and to be able to have wonderful things like coconut oil, cream in my coffee and nuts again! I've reconciled myself to having slower losses, but it's like sungoddess said, I'm so sick of not being able to feel social because of a diet. I think it's time to leave HCG for now, my cravings have started to get awful the past couple of days, time to move on!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to JUDDD, Stitchfluffy! Like the others have said, give it a solid try and see what you think. Your body will love having more calories and a variety of foods, and your mind will love that you don't have all the restrictions in eating that you do at the moment. Let us know how we can help you get started. You can do this!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I think you will be very happy on Juddd. You can actually indulge some of your cravings every other day.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Stitchfluffy!

Read here, read on Dr J's website, plan you DD and UD meals, and join us on the dark side!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Stitch - Sorry you're not doing well on the HCG. It is very hard, I agree! I feel like I can handle eating 500 calories every other day and live a normal life than to eat it every day for 21 days. I did 3 rounds and would really LOVE to do 1 more but I have too much going on for the next month. I will just lose it slower on JUDDD and be able to EAT!!! I also want to be able to work out and w/ HCG I wasn't b/c in fear of the scale going crazy while stabilizing.

Hope you try JUDDD and get that HAPPY feeling back ASAP!

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Glad you decided to join us! Remember to start with an UD, and be prepared for a scale bounce if you weigh daily. You need to be fully fueled for you DD (and with hcg, every day is a dd).

Let us know if you need help figuring your numbers or anything else.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
If you are feeling that way, it may be time to try something else. I imagine you would have the same success on JUDDD that the rest of us are having.

I did the pure HCG orally for many rounds--too many rounds. I lost well on it, but I simply could not maintain that loss!! I found that I, along with many others, had to continue to use the HCG to maintain that loss. We'd gain, and back to the HCG to be rescued again. I truly did not want to spend the rest of my life taking HCG to keep the weight off!! Taking it for a round or two didn't concern me, but a lifetime of taking it made me worry about what it was doing to my system. The fast weight loss is extremely enticing-- I know that. But if you cannot keep it off, what is the point of all of that effort.
I don't think it is odd that you have gone up on the scale even eating that low of calories. All of that graphs I saw, including my own, rarely showed a consistent downward loss. There would be many "gains" (not really a gain) and staying stuck for long periods of time. I think when you eat so low in calories for a consistent period of time, your body just fights it.

I always felt deprived on HCG and like I could not be social. On JUDDD, the loss may be slower, but I don't feel deprived and I can be social and enjoy my foods and I don't feel cranky and irritable.

I say why not try it for a month and see what you think? I think you will be happy with it.
Thank you for posting this it is exactly what I am going through, I have been reading the juddd boards for the last 3 months I have decided that I will move into juddd to lose the last 15 to 20 pounds even if it is slower. I just want the weight to come off, stay off and be able to eat what I want.
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #17

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Stitchfluffy, welcome!! I love this WOE.

Quote:
Have any of you found that exercise helps losses?
I have found, for me, that exercise does not help with weight loss. I am a pretty regular exerciser, started before I started trying to lose weight. Rode my bicycle 1,000 miles in a year and didn't lose a pound! For me, weight loss is all in the diet.

Now that said, I'm still a big fan of exercise because it builds muscle and makes you look better. But I don't count on it making the scale move, KWIM?
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
to JUDDD! Yeah another runner!!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
We are happy to have you with us.. Give it fair shot and you may be surprized at how you love JUDDD as much as the rest of us!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
to JUDDtown!! Woo-Hooo!!!

I noticed how you said you are irritable and feel weak.

One thing you might (might??) notice on this JUDD forum is that the happiness quotient is pretty much through the roof most of the time!

That's no coincidence or accident. There is so much fuel for the brain and the body with this WOE that there is a built in satisfaction factor.

Sure, you may need 2 or 3 weeks for the sirtuin enzymes to be fully activated and built up in your system through the DD calorie restriction. I imagine you already have a bit of a head start if you've only had 600 calories a day. Just realized I want to give you a big hug because if I had to only eat that much 2 days in a row, I would literally bite someone's head off.

I've never been happier on an eating plan than I am on JUDD. It's not a quick, quick weight loss plan for some. For others it is. But it's a steady weight loss and a mega fat-burning WOE. I predict you are gonna love it.

When I did VLC I was often pretty grumpy. I was thinking about that earlier today. I used to have just plain old sad days on VLC. Not that I was hungry. I was just mourning the loss of loved foods!!

The longer I JUDD the more creative I have become especially on DDs to get the most bang for my buck out of food. It's wonderful!!! Yesterday was a DD and I had white wine!!! And, it fit into my calorie allowance.

Once SIRT1 kicks in you will most likely find built in appetite control, even and especially on UDs!!! It's a miracle.

Dive in, Sweetie. And here is another welcome We are all glad you are here!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: divadonna
Stats: 236/231/150
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 04/29/12
hi Stitchfluffy - looks like we will be fellow JUDD'ers around the same time. I'm starting this Sunday. I too was doing HCG and did lose about 13lbs but it can be pretty tough, especially on the weekends. I feel that if I could handle the 500 while on hHCG, I could committ to that every other day even on the weekends! Good luck to you!
divadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I'm a former hCGer who has had wonderful success with finally getting to (and below) my goal with JUDDD. I LOVE it and will never do anything else again. Eating is fun!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Quote:
Thanks guys for the support! I can't wait to get started, I'm dying to start exercising and to be able to have wonderful things like coconut oil, cream in my coffee and nuts again! I've reconciled myself to having slower losses, but it's like sungoddess said, I'm so sick of not being able to feel social because of a diet. I think it's time to leave HCG for now, my cravings have started to get awful the past couple of days, time to move on!
Hi StitchFluffy! Former hcg'er here as well and a novice JUDDD'er! Just wanted to welcome you to JUDDD--I think it has some real advantages, especially for those of us used to 500 calories daily. If I were you, I might want to give a thought to either finishing the hcg round properly (if you are on day 17 you only have 4 to go) OR transitioning correctly (the 48-72 hours with no HCG at 500 calories) before jumping into P3/JUDDD. I know a lot of people who have had issues when they didn't do either. Just my 2 cents though! Good luck with JUDDD!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

And just one fyi for folks on here not familiar with the hcg protocol...

I have seen a few people mention that they would go postal (or ideas to that effect... ) if they had to eat 500 calories two days in a row.

While on the hcg protocol, the hcg hormone actually mobilizes the fat in your body during your 500 calorie days so you shouldn't be hungry, cranky or irritable due to lack of food. (Boredom with food choices and grumpiness from being a social hermit and the weird restrictions around mixing foods etc. are other things entirely! ) Your body actually thinks you are eating 2500+ calories as opposed to the 500.

Also, there ARE consequences to not completing a full 21 day round as well as not transitioning properly--it's just a few pounds but it would be a shame for StitchFluffy to gain back what was lost in 17 days of HARD work on hcg! So thus the post above...

Last edited by shelbyla; 04-26-2012 at 01:19 PM..
Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
hCG would kill me. 500 cals daily is like *******, right? Except w/o the drops/injections....

I guess if it didn't kill me, I'd kill myself!!
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

I plan to finish out my 21 days, as tempting as it is to stop now! I am starting to worry though, that after I've eaten 500-600 cals for so long that my body won't only not lose on more, but that it will gain. But I guess it takes more than 3 weeks to crash a metabolism like that, right? Also, should I jump right into the reccomended calorie count for weight loss (for me it's about 400 DD and 1850 UD) or should I work up to prevent gains?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
I plan to finish out my 21 days, as tempting as it is to stop now! I am starting to worry though, that after I've eaten 500-600 cals for so long that my body won't only not lose on more, but that it will gain. But I guess it takes more than 3 weeks to crash a metabolism like that, right? Also, should I jump right into the reccomended calorie count for weight loss (for me it's about 400 DD and 1850 UD) or should I work up to prevent gains?
Jump right in with your first day being an UD. Do it when you are ready. Don't weigh after UDs if scale bounces bother you.

On DDs your body is burning fat. On UDs it is preserving muscle, so will hold on to water. You will still be burning fat though and eventually the scale will show it. Take your measurements when you start and then about once a week as the fat burning effect will result in lost inches.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I'm an hcg'er that is hoping to start JUDDD for p3. I know for myself from go (and I've done hcg since 2010) if I stick to 500 cals I don't lose. I need more like 750 and make up the difference with protein. Then the weight falls off. Might be worth exploring? I do like 150g twice a day instead of 100 FWIW.

I'll be starting JUDDD around the same time as you! We can be buddies! I'm less than a week behind you.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
hCG would kill me. 500 cals daily is like *******, right? Except w/o the drops/injections....

I guess if it didn't kill me, I'd kill myself!!
You might be surprised if you tried it. And actually, no, it's not. ******* is 500 calories a day (or something like that)--period. It truly is starving yourself. The HCG hormone works to release stored body fat into the blood stream so you are NOT hungry (or shouldn't be) and you are NOT damaging your metabolism because your body is actually burning ~2500 calories per day, 500 from food and 2000 or so from your own fat. I lost 70 pounds on hcg in the last year. 70 pounds that wouldn't come off any other way, low-fat, low-carb or other. Please please don't compare it to ******* or bash it. Like a lot of WOEs here it is very controversial to a lot of people but we are all trying to keep an open mind and not judge. When my DOCTOR (yes, you read that right) first suggested it to me, I thought he was crazy and told him so. 6 months later after eating meat & eggs and not losing an ounce, I decided to give it a try. JUDDD for me is just another way to improve my health and maintain that loss. Again, I implore you to please keep an open mind, at least until you read Pounds & Inches, and understand the science.

Quote:
Good for you! (And I certainly can relate to the drag of the last week with P3 looming! ) Was this your first round? Your metabolism shouldn't have crashed and you shouldn't have felt hungry. I'm so sorry you didn't have the support you needed. Sometimes tweaking dosages and foods and other things can help. In any case, JUDDD and P3 are just a few days away! Yay! Quite a few people on this board are transplants from the hcg board so you're in good company. If I were you, I would jump in with both feet on your first UD. Your body can be a little depleted at the end of P2 so I would say refeed for your first UD and get as close as you can then go into your regular rotation. JMHO
Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I certainly didn't mean to offend you.
I have just heard so many say that they ate very low cal daily w hcg. Which always made me wonder if the hormone was necessary.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote