Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
I certainly didn't mean to offend you.
I have just heard so many say that they ate very low cal daily w hcg. Which always made me wonder if the hormone was necessary.

only if you don't want to go into starvation mode and stay there for 3 weeks. you can do it without, but the losses *generally* aren't as good and doing that can negatively impact your metabolism.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I studied up on the hCG protocol for two months before I was totally comfortable with it. I would never try to eat 500 calories daily without the hCG. There's no doubt in my mind I could never do it, nor would I want to try. It's not just another very low calorie diet. I had great success with it, and found that the appetite suppression was pretty good most of the time.

JUDDD is a piece of cake (or candy, or whatever you like) compared to hCG. hCG got me close to goal. JUDDD got me there and beyond, and will keep me there.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I did ******* and it certainly wasn't 500 calories. More like 1200. LCLF. And I did lose on it but I don't care to do lowfat again.
Since this is a JUDDD forum, I have no idea what people are talking about with shots and drops and p3's and so forth. Just wonder why so many people that are on hcg are trying to move over to JUDDD?
Anyway, glad it is working for you and hope it continues. I do not plan on trying any plan that is 500 calories everyday. Every other day is working quite well for me.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I did ******* and it certainly wasn't 500 calories. More like 1200. LCLF. And I did lose on it but I don't care to do lowfat again.
Since this is a JUDDD forum, I have no idea what people are talking about with shots and drops and p3's and so forth. Just wonder why so many people that are on hcg are trying to move over to JUDDD?
Anyway, glad it is working for you and hope it continues. I do not plan on trying any plan that is 500 calories everyday. Every other day is working quite well for me.
I can just speak for myself. With HCG you can only LOSE for 23-40 days at a time. Then you have to stop. (There's science behind it, it's just one way of doing things.) The loss is rapid, but finite.

JUDDD seems like it's slower but more continuous in terms of loss. I've had great luck with hcg, but would love to try something that I can stay on and get to goal with without having to take all the time off in between rounds.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
I certainly didn't mean to offend you.
I have just heard so many say that they ate very low cal daily w hcg. Which always made me wonder if the hormone was necessary.
None taken! I just wanted to be clear that hcg takes a LOT of commitment so it isn't for everyone (and it IS 500 calories per day with very specific foods) but it does work and it doesn't damage your metabolism because of the way the hormone works. I have (or maybe should say "did have") lots of blood sugar issues. I have been hypoglycemic for most of my life and if I skipped a meal or was even a little late--often by no more than an hour--my blood sugar would crash and I would gets headaches that wouldn't go away and become very emotional. That NEVER happened to me on hcg, not even from the very first day. I also could eat very little and not only not lose but GAIN so strict low-cal didn't work for me either. HCG did. I also kept great tone and muscle mass and didn't end up "skinny fat" like a lot of crash diets will make you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I think the reason we are all discussing it is because the original poster is switching and believe me, coming from HCG and 500 calories daily, 500 every OTHER day sounds fantastic! HCG is NOT for the faint of heart by any stretch of the imagination. Many people coming to JUDDD from hcg are looking for some of the same benefits that you get from hcg (the anti-inflammatory properties and the muscle sparing properties, for example). Some are just looking for a way to maintain after hcg, which IS a short term style of eating. Many have trouble stabilizing after a round (myself included) and are looking for a WOE that can work for them for the rest of their lives. No diet works for everyone or is perfect--hcg certainly isn't. But is does work for many people who couldn't lose weight any other way and are desperate enough to say to themselves, "I can do ANYTHING for 3 weeks..."

HCG'ers have a very nice forum here on LCF and everyone is super supportive and helpful--kinda like the JUDDD BUDDDs only "HCG BUDDDs" somehow just doesn't sound as cool!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 9 - 09/04/14, 31 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~172->153
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitchfluffy
Stats: (170/165/135) PCOS-Fibromyalgia
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Jan. 3 2012
Thanks Shelbyla! I'm going to try to have faith that all the weight won't come back! 1840 sounds collosal right now! I'm going to start running, weight lifting and yoga too, so any slowing of my metabolism should be remedied fairly quickly. I'm still trying to shake the trepidation because some people on the HCG forum I'm on aren't exactly reassuring me that I'll lose anything when I switch. I hope I prove them wrong!

Last edited by Stitchfluffy; 04-26-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Stitchfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
And just one fyi for folks on here not familiar with the hcg protocol...

I have seen a few people mention that they would go postal (or ideas to that effect... ) if they had to eat 500 calories two days in a row.

While on the hcg protocol, the hcg hormone actually mobilizes the fat in your body during your 500 calorie days so you shouldn't be hungry, cranky or irritable due to lack of food. (Boredom with food choices and grumpiness from being a social hermit and the weird restrictions around mixing foods etc. are other things entirely! ) Your body actually thinks you are eating 2500+ calories as opposed to the 500.

Also, there ARE consequences to not completing a full 21 day round as well as not transitioning properly--it's just a few pounds but it would be a shame for StitchFluffy to gain back what was lost in 17 days of HARD work on hcg! So thus the post above...
seriously this foodie was not hungry on the hcg maybe it got deactivated i did not notice if it was RX or HHCG??if RX easy way to test get one of those dollar PG tests put some of your hcg on it (NOT THE REGULAR WAY ) and if it is positive good if not you need new RX also play around with your dose especially if it is HHCG read this thread for ideas on things that might be stall ing your loss

Cabbage stalls me every time and i love it!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...-protocol.html
and re read pounds and inches HTH then after your round and your P3 JUDDD away! loads have had great success going to it from HCg
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I too came off HCG. Shelby explains it all very well. It works. I am so glad I did it. I lost 70 pounds but was having a hard time maintaining after. That is where JUDD comes in for me. After starting JUDD I lost about 6 more pounds and am maintaining now. This is something for life, where HCG was for short term.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MelissaMN
I am feeling the same way.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfluffy View Post
Hello all! I'm currently on day 17 of the HCG diet, and it kinda sucks. I've only lost 6 lbs so far, in fact I'm UP almost 2 today. This just isn't making sense to me anymore, how can you GAIN when you're eating 600 cals? I feel weak and irritable quite often, I just want out! I only have 30 lbs to lose, but I'm afraid that if I start JUDDD I'll gain or won't lose on it either. Any encouragement?

I plan to start running, back before I had a major bout with fibromyalgia I ran about 35 miles a week, so I'm sure that'll speed losses. Have any of you found that exercise helps losses? I'm so sick on not exercising! I can only take easy walks on HCG and even that makes me feel weak and hungry! I was all hyped up about how fast the weight might come off but I'm willing for it to take the rest of the year or more if it's better than this!
I am in the middle of my 4th round of HCG, I even went as far as to order the RX and am injecting (which I never thought I would be able to do). I was going to do a full 40 day round but I am never going to make it. I am hungry all the time. I drink over a gallon of water a day and that isn't helping. I have lost 13lbs in 13 days so far but I need a break.

Here is my question...for those of you that have done HCG and switched to JUDDD (which seems like a much better program for me right now) how did you do it?

Did you finish phase 3 and 4 or did you quit using the HCG, wait the 3 days for it to get out of your system and then go right in to JUDDD? I am not sure if it is important to "reset your hypothalamus" or just keep losing.

Any input would be really appreciated!
MelissaMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #40

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaMN View Post
I am in the middle of my 4th round of HCG, I even went as far as to order the RX and am injecting (which I never thought I would be able to do). I was going to do a full 40 day round but I am never going to make it. I am hungry all the time. I drink over a gallon of water a day and that isn't helping. I have lost 13lbs in 13 days so far but I need a break.

Here is my question...for those of you that have done HCG and switched to JUDDD (which seems like a much better program for me right now) how did you do it?

Did you finish phase 3 and 4 or did you quit using the HCG, wait the 3 days for it to get out of your system and then go right in to JUDDD? I am not sure if it is important to "reset your hypothalamus" or just keep losing.

Any input would be really appreciated!
Shelby answered this question on Page 1 of this thread here:

Hi StitchFluffy! Former hcg'er here as well and a novice JUDDD'er! Just wanted to welcome you to JUDDD--I think it has some real advantages, especially for those of us used to 500 calories daily. If I were you, I might want to give a thought to either finishing the hcg round properly (if you are on day 17 you only have 4 to go) OR transitioning correctly (the 48-72 hours with no HCG at 500 calories) before jumping into P3/JUDDD. I know a lot of people who have had issues when they didn't do either. Just my 2 cents though! Good luck with JUDDD!

It was post #23!! HTH!!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricialy
Stats: 196/151/130
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: October, 2010
After multiple rounds of HCG - I started JUDDD after an extended P3 - I never really got into P4 - as every time I added carbs back in I had crazy weight gains and would panic.

I will say - I was hungry, cranky, and had a terrible headache on the down days of the first week of JUDDD - I never had that problem on HCG with the same calorie level - so for me, the HCG was making a huge difference (as Shelby explained) - I thought this woe would be a super easy after all my rounds of HCG and without the HCG- it was a lot more difficult - now (week 3) - the down days are much easier and where I still WANT to eat, I am not hungry and cranky - I just want to eat. Maybe your dose of HCG is off - or a bad batch maybe?

Both the JUDDD board and the HCG boards on this site are great - but stabilizing after HCG can be piece of cake for some while others have a terrible time - unfortunately some of us have experienced both on different rounds.

If I were you - I'd complete a 3 week P3 - and then try JUDDD. (But that's just me)
Tricialy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Just an update, this is just my 5th day on JUDDD (I tried to do a week of p3, and ended up going a bit crazy, I just felt so starved!) and I've already lost a little under 2 lbs. I know I've been eating way more than the 2100 cals that the JUDDD website prescribed, and the weight's still coming off! I already love this diet! Let's hope the losses continue!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

that's awesome! congratulations!

I came to JUDDD from p2 and haven't lost yet, but I did gain a bit which I then lost most of. Still hoping to get under LDW, but it's only been a week so I'm hopeful!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #44

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfluffy View Post
Just an update, this is just my 5th day on JUDDD (I tried to do a week of p3, and ended up going a bit crazy, I just felt so starved!) and I've already lost a little under 2 lbs. I know I've been eating way more than the 2100 cals that the JUDDD website prescribed, and the weight's still coming off! I already love this diet! Let's hope the losses continue!
So happy that you are enjoying this. That is what we love to see.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Down 3.5 lbs this week! The scale bounces keep throwing me for a loop, but still enjoying this!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
That is great that you are enjoying JUDDD and have lost 3.5 pounds! Are you finding that the running works well with this way of eating? I think that it took about 6 weeks and then I had tons of energy.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
That is great that you are enjoying JUDDD and have lost 3.5 pounds! Are you finding that the running works well with this way of eating? I think that it took about 6 weeks and then I had tons of energy.
Running's been ok so far, especially on UD's so you can refuel. I tried to run too much the first week and got a touch of chin tendenitis, so I had to take a week off. But I'll get back to it soon!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I have more energy on the DD and that is when I run and do my workouts. On UD, I feel weighed down. Just too much to eat and workout at the same time.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I have more energy on the DD and that is when I run and do my workouts. On UD, I feel weighed down. Just too much to eat and workout at the same time.
same here. UDs are really hard for me.