Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kimberly: You are adorable! Love the photo!

You and I are the same height. Can't remember so forgive me for asking: Do you have a small frame? I heard that the way to check is to wrap your pointer finger and thumb (note that it's not your middle long finger, but the finger next to your thumb) around your opposite wrist. e.g. I wrap my right around my left wrist. If your pointer finger overlaps your thumb, you have a small frame. If your finger and thumb touch, you have a medium frame. If there is a gap between your thumb and finger, you have a large frame.

As I suspected, I have a large frame as there is about a 1 inch gap. And I have very long fingers and skinny wrists!! As you can see from my picture, I have very broad shoulders. I also have size eleven narrow feet (hard to find shoes in that size!). So, I've always known I have a large frame.

My ideal weight according to Jorge Cruise, Dr. Dukan and some other websites I've checked out is 178. I weighed 180 it my DS's wedding and looking back at those pictures, that was a fabulous weight for me.

I feel guilty having such a high goal weight when I see others who are tall with a posted goal weight way less than mine!

Sorry if this seems like a thread jack! Think I'll start a new thread about goal weights.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Yam! OMG! I always, always thought I have a small frame, even though I'm 5'10", because my ankles and wrists are very thin. I just did the index finger/thumb around the wrist test and I have about a 1/2" gap. So then I googled body frame calculators and was taken to this site:
Invalid calculator

It ALSO said I have a large frame, based on my height, gender, and wrist measurement. This is earth-shattering!

ETA: Okay, it says it's an Invalid Calculator, but it's at healthstatus.com.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 04-25-2012 at 10:57 AM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Kimberly you are adorably cute, just like your words!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yam-Yam, I think you look fantastic at your weight and height!

As for me, I have noticed that a lot of younger girls have much lower goal weights than I do, but I am 54 & realistic about this! I refuse to worry or stress about wearing a sz 4 again. I will simply be thrilled, happy & overjoyed when I am in sz 6/8 again...but one thing I do realize that with JUDDD, I could go beyond my goal desire!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Dawn, thanks for that link...it took me a while to find it, but when I did it told me I have a large frame. Hmmm...never knew that. I always thought I had a small frame because I was doing Yam-Yam's test with my middle finger, not the index finger like she posted.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
YAM YAM.. I am large boned.. very broad thru the shoulders and my hips.. but even worste is my barrell shaped rib cage ughh.. Doctor noticed when i was a child i have a very large barrell shape, they said was" convex"?? how ever ya spell it.. any way. they told my mother all those years ago,, no matter how light this child is,, she will never look right in a bikini.. and i think i was like 7 or 8 year old! Ug.. but yes, i am larger.. and from where is sit at 194.. my pants are are 12-14,, closer to 14 then 12.. and i see for your number, height, and such,, you are in a smaller pant than i.. so i think i need to go down to 170 to look thin
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Yam! OMG! I always, always thought I have a small frame, even though I'm 5'10", because my ankles and wrists are very thin. I just did the index finger/thumb around the wrist test and I have about a 1/2" gap. So then I googled body frame calculators and was taken to this site:
Invalid calculator

It ALSO said I have a large frame, based on my height, gender, and wrist measurement. This is earth-shattering!

ETA: Okay, it says it's an Invalid Calculator, but it's at healthstatus.com.
My ankles and wrists are soooo skinny. And so are my feet which makes it hard to find shoes because when shoe makers craft a size 11 or above, they must think big feet means fat feet. Naturalizer makes 11 narrow, but they are hard to find and expensive.

So most of my shoes flop off my feet.

You already look amazing. When you hit 190, you will be skinnnnnneeeeeee!!! at 5'10"!! Frame size makes a big difference with weight.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Yam-Yam, I think you look fantastic at your weight and height!

As for me, I have noticed that a lot of younger girls have much lower goal weights than I do, but I am 54 & realistic about this! I refuse to worry or stress about wearing a sz 4 again. I will simply be thrilled, happy & overjoyed when I am in sz 6/8 again...but one thing I do realize that with JUDDD, I could go beyond my goal desire!
Awwwww....thank you for saying that!

I'm 57 years old and honestly, when I started in August I was wearing a tight size 18. I thought if I could just get back to a 12 I would be thrilled! But now I'm wearing size 10!!! I know now this has everything to do with the fat evaporating, muscle preserving magic of the JUDD WOE.

For a fact, the last time I weighed 193 I was wearing a size 14. I just gave away the size 14's I bought when I weighed 190 at a family reunion several years ago. I remember because I did Stillman, VLC & LF and bought those jeans. After the reunion, I went back to old habits and started gaining again.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Kimberly: I'm thinking part of the reason I'm in a 10 jeans and pants is because I have a flat butt. Even when I'm heavy I have no butt. I should buy those foam inserts -- fake butt. But I'm not going to! I'll just be happy with what I got.