Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeenieX
Stats: 180/173/150 5'9"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/14/2012
I was just told that there is no need to diet if I eat healthy and exercise.

Golly, I've never thought of that!
LeenieX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amywah View Post
I really think this sounds very doable.. BUT I keep having this nagging thought that it is unhealthy and just a crash diet... I think I just may have to read the book first to learn the why's... DId anyone else deal with these thoughts? Anyone still have those thoughts?

I guess it just seems "wrong" to purposely be sooo hungry when there are healthy foods available..
I just have a couple of comments to address your concerns here..

First of all, I would agree with you about any plan being a crash diet if the follower adhered to a plan of very, very few calories, day after day after day. In effect, trying to lose weight by starvation. Those types of plans can be dangerous, which is why they are usually only done under the supervision and care of a doctor.

JUDDD is a plan where, in effect, we take two days of a standard lowered-calorie weight loss level of calories, but instead of holding to that lowered calorie number both days, we do it doubly hard on the one day, and then don't lower calories at all on the following day, transforming this plan into a fasting/feasting cycle of feeding. We still eat, overall, at weight loss calorie levels. We just don't have to do it every day! By *dieting* doubly hard every other day, we get the calorie reduction we need to lose the FAT, and.. we don't have to hold to weight loss calorie levels at all on our Up Days. So, in effect, we're only on a diet every other day! That gives us half of our days at a very strict low calorie diet, and half of our days to live life without regard to being on a diet at all. It's wonderful!

Most of us will always have to have a concern about our eating. Our overweight status that brought us to LCF to begin with should have been enough to prove to us our need to modify how we ate somehow.

There is nothing to fear about the fasting/semi-fasting that we do on JUDDD, as it is over and done with in mere hours, and then we turn to our next day of eating very, very well.. replenishing our reserves, feeding our bodies with the wide abundance of nourishing foods the markets have to offer. (The foods you choose to eat are up to you.)

The other thing I wanted to counter and put your mind at ease on is your statement that we are "..........sooo hungry when there are healthy foods available.........." I'm not. Most of us aren't. It doesn't take very long for the newbies to find the foods and menus for Down Day meals that fill them up, keep them full and satisfied, leave them without hunger pangs at all, and are still very, very low in calories.

I just finished my breakfast, which was a scramble of 4 egg whites and a whole lot of chopped mushrooms, fresh spinach, onion, and tomato, and topped with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese. Under 150 calories, even with the cheese! With the veggies incorporated, it made a big piled plateful, I'm completely full now and drinking iced tea (plain, as I like it) and that will have me full and happy until I eat another meal, toward the very end of the afternoon. I plan an Italian spaghetti dinner with lots of sliced zucchini, onion, mushrooms... and I don't know what else, all piled onto a plateful of 0-calorie shirataki noodles and topped with spaghetti sauce and a bit of grated parmesan cheese! It will also be a low-calorie meal!

Doing JUDDD is easy! And it doesn't need to leave anyone hungry. Ever!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeenieX View Post
And I could row across the Pacific if I just paced myself!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeenieX View Post

Golly, I've never thought of that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
And I could row across the Pacific if I just paced myself!
You guys are cracking me up!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I am happier and more content with myself than I have been in a long time thanks to Juddd. I truly feel that I am being kind to my body, finally.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote