Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
No they won't! They'll see this skinny lady looking at the butter and wonder, hmm, what's her secret? A body like that and she can stand and contemplate butter?!
Love how your brain works!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
I go back and forth on this issue. If I see myself in the mirror fully clothed, I think I can really tell a difference....stomach is coming down, hips look smaller, don't look as "wide" from the front or back view....but if I catch a glimpse naked, I could just cry! I think how could I ever think that I'm getting smaller....stomach still pouching out, hips covered in cellulite, saddle bags huge from the front. I don't think I will ever be satisfied with my body, unless it is covered from head to toe! Of course, I'm working with a 70 year old body, so can't expect a whole lot!

Kimberly, you have done great on your weight loss, and I'm sure others can tell a big difference (even if they don't always comment on it!.

Carole
Others can tell a difference in you as well!!! Have you ever looked at Kissa's before and after pictures?? Just go to her profile and check it out. I know she is only 65, but I swear she is aging in reverse. Getting younger. Sazzie is another one. I believe she is over 70 (am I right about this?? Help me out guys). She looks soooooo young!!! It's part of the genie JUDD magic (Sir 1 gene). Then today I read that article on loose skin that someone posted and wowzers!!! If we eat this way and preserve muscle while losing fat, even loose skin will disappear!!! I believe it too!

Sweetie, you are beautiful inside and out. Don't you ever doubt it. And don't go buying a Berka (spelling?) you know, that thing some women have to cover their entire bodies with. when I was 230 pounds I actually thought one day "Wow, I'd like to wear one of those." (Hope that was not offensive! I meant it to be silly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
I have a fear that even at my goal weight I will still feel fat, and my thighs will still touch and I will look atrocious in a Bikini. However, I have been diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder which is coupled with a 7 year long battle with an eating disorder.

I just have to keep telling myself everyday that Im beautiful inside and out, and a number on a scale doesnt matter, but thats a work in progress....

I think its harder for ourselves to see what we actually look like because we live in our body everyday, and our perception is desperately skewed. To others we look great and our work shows. I guess each person is their own worst critic
You are SOOOOOOOOO beautiful!!! OMGosh!! Just look at your picture right now look at it! Holy baloney. I never tell lies. You are beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I also have "FAT EYES"! My cousin coined this phase and says it the eyes we look out of whenever we can't see our progress.

Even at my slim weight I still see myself as "fat" at times! I KNOW I'm no where near fat but try telling those "FAT EYES" when they are looking in the mirror.

Use clothes and how "light" you feel most times to be your guide. What we see is usually NOT what is really there!

AND 31 pounds gone is nothing to sneeze at!!
That's a good one. And look at how tiny and skinny you are!! Listen to this wise, wise woman, Kimberly! She speaks wisdom!!! And, truth!!!

Beeb, you just made me think of something small but significant to me. My bathroom scale is near the towel rack which is chest high on me. At my heaviest and for a while on my way down, I used to have to grab the towel bar for balance when getting up on the scale. Isn't that sad?? For at least the past 2 weeks I've been thinking, everytime I hop on the scale, that I feel so much lighter just stepping up! I stopped needing the bar quite a while ago. But now I don't feel like buffalo and the scale does not crunch when I get on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
^^ This is wisdom

We are almost always the hardest on ourselves than anyone else. I know I am.
Sher: You are soooooooo right about that! Word, Sista!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Aweee sterling!!! Hugs!!!

I do know what you mean!! I feel the same way!!! My clothes fit better, I am in a smaller size. But I still feel like the 200lb girl that is standing in front of the mirror saying "you used to be pretty, what happened!". People have noticed the weighloss, and have said I look nice......but I dont feel it!!!

Eventually I am sure it will all catch up and one day...boom....I will see what everyone else sees. But until then, I will keep eating as JUDDD recommends and I will keep running and hoping the inches melt!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I just want to thank all of you girls for sharing your thoughts.. it appears we have one more thing in common! My thought today after spending the whole day thinking about it was this..
(I have been here before.. this was a weight i was at ,, which was my lowest weight in my adult life.. So i concluded that its because i have been"here" before i still feel this way.. SO>> From today on.. all my numbers are NEW!! So with each passing week of my "journey" not in the fat race.. I will finaly feel sucessfull! ) I am comforted by this thought today! And look forward to what will be the beginning of my "NEW" journey! to all this wonderfull day!!!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I need to find a new 'after' photo as I am quite a lot slimmer that I was in those... Thanks Yam Yam.

Kimberley have fun enjoying those 'new' numbers. So glad you are through this.

Isn't it great the way when someone has a problem here on JUDDD they not only get the help they need but lots of others pop up with similar issues and get the support too?

Love my JUDDD BUDDDs.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I just want to thank all of you girls for sharing your thoughts.. it appears we have one more thing in common! My thought today after spending the whole day thinking about it was this..
(I have been here before.. this was a weight i was at ,, which was my lowest weight in my adult life.. So i concluded that its because i have been"here" before i still feel this way.. SO>> From today on.. all my numbers are NEW!! So with each passing week of my "journey" not in the fat race.. I will finaly feel sucessfull! ) I am comforted by this thought today! And look forward to what will be the beginning of my "NEW" journey! to all this wonderfull day!!!
Atta girl!!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Atta girl!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I need to find a new 'after' photo as I am quite a lot slimmer that I was in those... Thanks Yam Yam.

Kimberley have fun enjoying those 'new' numbers. So glad you are through this.

Isn't it great the way when someone has a problem here on JUDDD they not only get the help they need but lots of others pop up with similar issues and get the support too?

Love my JUDDD BUDDDs.
love my JUDDD BUDDs too.. Thanks hun
Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Love how your brain works!!

Others can tell a difference in you as well!!! Have you ever looked at Kissa's before and after pictures?? Just go to her profile and check it out. I know she is only 65, but I swear she is aging in reverse. Getting younger. Sazzie is another one. I believe she is over 70 (am I right about this?? Help me out guys). She looks soooooo young!!! It's part of the genie JUDD magic (Sir 1 gene). Then today I read that article on loose skin that someone posted and wowzers!!! If we eat this way and preserve muscle while losing fat, even loose skin will disappear!!! I believe it too!

Sweetie, you are beautiful inside and out. Don't you ever doubt it. And don't go buying a Berka (spelling?) you know, that thing some women have to cover their entire bodies with. when I was 230 pounds I actually thought one day "Wow, I'd like to wear one of those." (Hope that was not offensive! I meant it to be silly).

You are SOOOOOOOOO beautiful!!! OMGosh!! Just look at your picture right now look at it! Holy baloney. I never tell lies. You are beautiful!

That's a good one. And look at how tiny and skinny you are!! Listen to this wise, wise woman, Kimberly! She speaks wisdom!!! And, truth!!!

Beeb, you just made me think of something small but significant to me. My bathroom scale is near the towel rack which is chest high on me. At my heaviest and for a while on my way down, I used to have to grab the towel bar for balance when getting up on the scale. Isn't that sad?? For at least the past 2 weeks I've been thinking, everytime I hop on the scale, that I feel so much lighter just stepping up! I stopped needing the bar quite a while ago. But now I don't feel like buffalo and the scale does not crunch when I get on it!

Sher: You are soooooooo right about that! Word, Sista!!!
That was the sweetest post I've read in a long time

Thank you
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I went to buy a new bra this weekend and standing under those lights omg, all I saw was fat. Then I started to imagine how I looked at twenty pounds heavier, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I just got the heck away from those lights. I did find my dream bra however,
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I wish I knew where self-image comes from. I would go there and shoot it.

Like Yam-Yam I recently saw photos from almost forty years ago, when I thought I was fat. I was not skinny, oh no, I was not skinny. DH looked over my shoulder and gasped, "HS! You were a fox! Did I know that when I married you?" He survived, but barely.

WHY didn't I have a good enough self-image to enjoy it before gravity and time got involved???
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote