Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
leonak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 844
Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Dukan Diet & Oat Bran

I was on the Dukan Dietn for a bit, but now it is JUDD for me.

I remember some about Oat Bran - like 2 T. a day, then 3 T.

Is anyone here still using oat bran every day?

It does have fiber and maybe it would help for "bathroom issues"

I have only had it as a hot cereal.

What do you all think about it?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,228
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I use it sometimes for hot cereal. I'm not familiar with Dukan--maybe Yam-Yam will stop in.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,172
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I tried Dukan briefly and have bags of oat bran. You can certainly use it on JUDDD and I think it is a great source of soluble fiber. I still use it to work on lowering my LDL and it is suppose to help keep blood glucose levels in order.

When it was colder, I was making it into a nice hot cereal. I switch between using that and psyllium husks and chia seeds. They all help the digestive tract !

Last edited by sungoddess; 04-23-2012 at 09:08 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,664
Gallery: adillenal
I eat oat bran but only as a hot cereal. I find it very filling.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,257
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I absolutely love the Dukan oat bran pancakes. I think he calls it an oat bran Gallette? If you don't have the recipe, I will give it to you. I also add oat bran to spaghetti sauce and soups and gravies. It's so filling and tastes great.

I'm definitely a big fan of the Dukan Diet. In fact, I was reading a little bit from his book again yesterday just for info and motivation. Kind of a refresher course on the importance of protein and green veggies.

I read Dukan's book for the first time in late July last year. Then I started his Attack Diet on August 1st and by August 10th I was down 14 pounds. I switched to his Cruise Diet then (where you alternate pure protein days with protein plus veggie days) and by the end of August I was down 20 pounds.

After that I leveled off for a while and slowly lost 7 more pounds. After that I just got stuck. By December I was not losing at all and, in fact, the scale started creeping back up.

I started JUDDing on December 22 (which was a little nutty because it was during the holidays! There were some crazy, wild UDs in there!)

In January I lost about 5 pounds, then took February off because of family tragedies and travel. Back on the wagon in March but have had a big vacation in April. So, I'm calculating that I've been seriously JUDDing for about 9 weeks or something like that when you subtract all my time off. Oh, just remembered I had an 8 day Florida trip in January where I didn't JUDD and pretty much maintained.

I have a crazy travel life!!! In a few weeks I will be in D.C. for a week and then PA with my siblings the following week. Never a dull moment for me!

So, you could really say I've lost 9 pounds in 9 clean weeks of JUDDing. I'm usually a very slow loser and I'm getting close to my goal, so it's even slower now. And, I'm working out and doing weight lifting, so working on building muscle.

Still, I went from a size 18 to a size 10 and that makes me happy. JUDD is a fat burning WOE!

Was this TMI?? Sorry about that! I got carried away!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
leonak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 844
Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I absolutely love the Dukan oat bran pancakes. I think he calls it an oat bran Gallette? If you don't have the recipe, I will give it to you. I also add oat bran to spaghetti sauce and soups and gravies. It's so filling and tastes great.

I'm definitely a big fan of the Dukan Diet. In fact, I was reading a little bit from his book again yesterday just for info and motivation. Kind of a refresher course on the importance of protein and green veggies.

I read Dukan's book for the first time in late July last year. Then I started his Attack Diet on August 1st and by August 10th I was down 14 pounds. I switched to his Cruise Diet then (where you alternate pure protein days with protein plus veggie days) and by the end of August I was down 20 pounds.

After that I leveled off for a while and slowly lost 7 more pounds. After that I just got stuck. By December I was not losing at all and, in fact, the scale started creeping back up.

I started JUDDing on December 22 (which was a little nutty because it was during the holidays! There were some crazy, wild UDs in there!)

In January I lost about 5 pounds, then took February off because of family tragedies and travel. Back on the wagon in March but have had a big vacation in April. So, I'm calculating that I've been seriously JUDDing for about 9 weeks or something like that when you subtract all my time off. Oh, just remembered I had an 8 day Florida trip in January where I didn't JUDD and pretty much maintained.

I have a crazy travel life!!! In a few weeks I will be in D.C. for a week and then PA with my siblings the following week. Never a dull moment for me!

So, you could really say I've lost 9 pounds in 9 clean weeks of JUDDing. I'm usually a very slow loser and I'm getting close to my goal, so it's even slower now. And, I'm working out and doing weight lifting, so working on building muscle.

Still, I went from a size 18 to a size 10 and that makes me happy. JUDD is a fat burning WOE!

Was this TMI?? Sorry about that! I got carried away!
No, No it was not TMI!!! I enjoyed each and every word! I have never tried the pancake, I gather it would be for an UD? With butter and syrup?

Sunday I made turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes and the gravy was a bit too thin, so I could of added some oat bran . Would I have to put it in cold water first like I do with cornstarch?

So glad to hear your results with JUDD. I find it easier then any other diet. My weight loss is very slow, about 1 or 2 #'s a month.

I do not step on the scale often as the bounce makes me very uncomfortable and then I eat

Thanks Yam, Yam for your info!
__________________
Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,257
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
No, No it was not TMI!!! I enjoyed each and every word! I have never tried the pancake, I gather it would be for an UD? With butter and syrup?

Sunday I made turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes and the gravy was a bit too thin, so I could of added some oat bran . Would I have to put it in cold water first like I do with cornstarch?

So glad to hear your results with JUDD. I find it easier then any other diet. My weight loss is very slow, about 1 or 2 #'s a month.

I do not step on the scale often as the bounce makes me very uncomfortable and then I eat

Thanks Yam, Yam for your info!
One oatbran pancake is only 70 calories. I just eat them plain! On DDs too! If I don't put any sweetener in, I use two of them like bread to make a deli sandwich or put peanut butter on one. Yum! they keep really well and long in the refrigerator. i either eat them cold or warm them up in the microwave.

Here is the recipe. You won't believe how good these are. Very fluffy and filling!

This makes 4 or 5 good sized pancakes:

Preheat pancake griddle to 375 degrees.

Put 4 egg whites in a bowl and use wire whisk to whip just until frothy (only a few seconds).

Add half a cup of oat bran
Add half a cup of fat free, plain Greek yogurt

Add sweetener if you like (sometimes I add 2 small packets of Splenda, sometimes I don't)

Then I use one of my 1/4 cup sized measuring cups with the long handle to pour each serving of the batter onto the grill.

Now leave it for a few minutes. I've never timed these. You can just tell when one side it done. Don't touch it 'til it's cooked on one side (they take a little bit longer that regular old white pancakes). Anyway, if you lift up the edge with a spatula you should see that it's a beautiful brown color.

Flip them and cook on the second side. (The second side takes less time than the first).

Seriously, you gotta try them! They are soooooooo good!

On the gravy question: You do not have to put it in cold water like cornstarch. You just sprinkle it in and stir and bring it to a boil. (BTW, you could have made up a little more of the cornstarch/cold water mix and stirred that in.)

I made spaghetti sauce tonight and for the whole pot I used 3 heaping tablespoons. It does not make it super thick, just nice so it's not as runny as water.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,257
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
You can experiment with the oat bran/gravy idea by using canned broth. When I make gravy from fat free canned broth I usually add a teaspoon or 2 of EVOO. Makes it creamy and I'm getting Omega 3s.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
thomasina838's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I absolutely love the Dukan oat bran pancakes. I think he calls it an oat bran Gallette? If you don't have the recipe, I will give it to you. I also add oat bran to spaghetti sauce and soups and gravies. It's so filling and tastes great.

I'm definitely a big fan of the Dukan Diet. In fact, I was reading a little bit from his book again yesterday just for info and motivation. Kind of a refresher course on the importance of protein and green veggies.

I read Dukan's book for the first time in late July last year. Then I started his Attack Diet on August 1st and by August 10th I was down 14 pounds. I switched to his Cruise Diet then (where you alternate pure protein days with protein plus veggie days) and by the end of August I was down 20 pounds.

After that I leveled off for a while and slowly lost 7 more pounds. After that I just got stuck. By December I was not losing at all and, in fact, the scale started creeping back up.

I started JUDDing on December 22 (which was a little nutty because it was during the holidays! There were some crazy, wild UDs in there!)

In January I lost about 5 pounds, then took February off because of family tragedies and travel. Back on the wagon in March but have had a big vacation in April. So, I'm calculating that I've been seriously JUDDing for about 9 weeks or something like that when you subtract all my time off. Oh, just remembered I had an 8 day Florida trip in January where I didn't JUDD and pretty much maintained.

I have a crazy travel life!!! In a few weeks I will be in D.C. for a week and then PA with my siblings the following week. Never a dull moment for me!

So, you could really say I've lost 9 pounds in 9 clean weeks of JUDDing. I'm usually a very slow loser and I'm getting close to my goal, so it's even slower now. And, I'm working out and doing weight lifting, so working on building muscle.

Still, I went from a size 18 to a size 10 and that makes me happy. JUDD is a fat burning WOE!

Was this TMI?? Sorry about that! I got carried away!
no, not too much for me. i have just been reading the Dukan stuff. not doing it but thinking of a few days of his high protein/low fat. maybe. maybe not. i am eating paleo style. i took a couple of weeks off JUDDD. after my losses stopped and i could no longertr get the buffalo i like so much for the DDs. but am thinking of starting up again.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
thomasina838's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I was on the Dukan Dietn for a bit, but now it is JUDD for me.

I remember some about Oat Bran - like 2 T. a day, then 3 T.

Is anyone here still using oat bran every day?

It does have fiber and maybe it would help for "bathroom issues"

I have only had it as a hot cereal.

What do you all think about it?
actually i think it is 1.5 Tbs oat bran to start. then it goes to 2 T.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,516
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
you know--I wonder about the measurements here. My bag of oatbran says that 40 g is 1/3 cup (5 TBS) and 130 cals--so 1 Tbs should be 8g, right?--so each TBS of raw oatbran should be 26 calories, and 2 Tbs would be 52 calories--not 30. I've looked at different brands and they seem to use different grams/1/3 cup. Weigh your OB. maybe a little OCD, but for JUDDDers, I think a few calories here and there can make a difference.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
thomasina838's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
you know--I wonder about the measurements here. My bag of oatbran says that 40 g is 1/3 cup (5 TBS) and 130 cals--so 1 Tbs should be 8g, right?--so each TBS of raw oatbran should be 26 calories, and 2 Tbs would be 52 calories--not 30. I've looked at different brands and they seem to use different grams/1/3 cup. Weigh your OB. maybe a little OCD, but for JUDDDers, I think a few calories here and there can make a difference.
no. you are inter mixing weight and volume. a Tbs of oat bran will be more or less grams in weight depending on how finely ground it is. oat bran in the usda database is listed as 29 cals per oz and almost 8 g carbs. that would be about 2 tbs in volume.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,333
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I was under the impression that 28g, by weight, is 1oz?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I was under the impression that 28g, by weight, is 1oz?
My little desktop conversion dealie-O says 28g = 0.9876608 ounces. Close enough!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
thomasina838's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I was under the impression that 28g, by weight, is 1oz?
28.35 g is 1 oz by weight but any particular substance may be 28.35 g in 2 Tbs or it may not. for example. granulated sugar or salt is different from something powdery. put another way. 1 Tbs feta crumbles is just 6 g by weight. not 14 like you would expect. i just weighed that this morning.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
thomasina838's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
My little desktop conversion dealie-O says 28g = 0.9876608 ounces. Close enough!
1 oz is 28.35 g. rounded off.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.