Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Hardest DD so far... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768745-hardest-dd-so-far.html)

Horsetrainer110 04-22-2012 08:54 PM

Hardest DD so far...

For some reason today was hard. I did it, but I thought about what I couldn't have all day long!

casmira 04-23-2012 01:01 AM

I had the hardest DD yesterday so far as well - I think that's because I went out to eat on Saturday night and really ate quite a lot. In the end, I just had to eat something (I was going out with New Boyfriend and didn't want to be grumpy and I also don't tell anyone about dieting so I choose to hide it). It turned into a medium day in the end.

I'm doing a DD again today.

I was almost delirious with hunger though. It turns out that not eating all day (I planned a 24 hour fast before the night out to just get it in) and then going crazy over 3-4 hours is not that great an idea for me.

The usual pattern suits me far better.

zipp2play 04-23-2012 07:09 AM

My worst one was yesterday. I literally went to bed listening to my stomach growling!!! Almost couldn't fall asleep I was THAT hungry (and I had eaten 700 calories)!

sunday 04-23-2012 11:48 AM

I may be wrong and don't know if this will help, but when I have one of these days, I look at what I ate the day before for UD. For some reason, it usually is a day filled with carby foods lacking nutrition. :dunno:

I was baffled because I had not suffered on my DDs and all at once, I had a really rough DD. :(
I remembered someone mentioning to look at the previous UD when this happens. I went to look at the day before and I had about 180 grams of carbs which is quite high for me and it was stuff that I normally didn't eat. I haven't done it again and I haven't suffered like that either!

Muffabuff 04-23-2012 12:46 PM

That's really good advice Sunday I'm going to keep that in mind. My hard DD seem to always collide with TOM. But if I have one out of the blue now I will have a way to check where it may be coming from.:clap:

SuzeQ 04-23-2012 03:22 PM

You're not alone believe me. I have no problem staying at 1400-1500 on my UD's but the DD's are murder. I am beginning to think that sometimes it is the stress eating monster in me, and not always true hunger. On the other hand I have had moments when I could easily scarf down six of DH snickerdoodles with out batting an eye.

buttoni 04-23-2012 04:46 PM

I'm learning to keep a batch of glucomannan powder pudding made with just water, DaVinci and the gluc to quell the hunger pangs on DD's. That's really starting to work for me now, whereas the pudding didn't do the trick my first month on JUDDD. I'm only at 384 calories after dinner, but skipping the turkey breast I roasted for dear hubby wasn't even hard for me because I had eating 1/2c. of my gluc pudding at 3pm when hunger struck. I only ate 2 c. steamed yellow squash and onions along with 1/2 c. cooked frozen spinach for supper and was actually full!! Still am full an hour later, too.

That leaves me with some tuna-filled celery sticks for a snack later on if hunger hits again (and it usually does late night).....and I can even squeeze in another serving of filling gluc pudding. Today's flavor was egg nog, made with egg nog DaVinci's. Not great, but sure does fill me up FAST!

nickicaps 04-23-2012 05:25 PM

So sorry about your rough DD- so far mine have been awful (as evidenced by my daily ***** fest on this board)

I discovered something today that killed my cravings and made me feel really good- Chlorella Tablets. My pharmacist of all people recommended them over an appetite suppressant. Very natural and incredibly good for you. I like the taste but I could see it potentially being a turn off. Anyway, worth a try and full of good stuff for any diet!

stargirl21 04-23-2012 06:01 PM

I hear you. Today's DD has been the worst yet. I was so hungry and faced junk food all day. It is almost over though and I have stayed strong. Here is to a much deserved UD tomorrow!

mykidsteacher 04-23-2012 07:03 PM

Yesterday was a tough one for me, and I ended up at almost 800 cals (but I'm in maitenance, so it doesn't do me in too badly). Realized today the reason why--TOM showed up a couple days early. Today's UD has been just fine, and I'm actually under by just a bit and need a snack, but I'm too full.

But for sure when a tough one hits out of the blue, if I look at my UD the day before, I'll see more sugar or grains allowed than I usually do. Or possibly something with artificial sweetener.

sunday 04-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15604751)
Yesterday was a tough one for me, and I ended up at almost 800 cals (but I'm in maitenance, so it doesn't do me in too badly). Realized today the reason why--TOM showed up a couple days early. Today's UD has been just fine, and I'm actually under by just a bit and need a snack, but I'm too full.

But for sure when a tough one hits out of the blue, if I look at my UD the day before, I'll see more sugar or grains allowed than I usually do. Or possibly something with artificial sweetener.

Just wondering, shouldn't you have at the very least 800 on DD while in maintenance? :confused: I sure hope that I read that right. I have been dreaming about 800 to 900 DD when I reach goal. :love:

Horsetrainer110 04-24-2012 06:30 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for the good suggestions....I don't have gluc powder but I've read about it. I have half a broiled chicken breast in the fridge and if hunger overcomes me again today I will have that famous chicken/slaw/laughing cow cheese thing everyone raves about.

gotsomeold 04-24-2012 06:48 AM

I am almost four months into JUDDD. Most DDs I sail though without thinking of food.

But hungry DDs do hit (it is so hard to remember hormones after menopause). I keep extra DD food in the house just in case I need it. Going over, even by several hundred calories, one DD in awhile does not seem to matter. But, if I do not plan ahead, eating the entire contents of the fridge can slow things down a bit.

sungoddess 04-24-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunday (Post 15603646)
I may be wrong and don't know if this will help, but when I have one of these days, I look at what I ate the day before for UD. For some reason, it usually is a day filled with carby foods lacking nutrition. :dunno:

I was baffled because I had not suffered on my DDs and all at once, I had a really rough DD. :(
I remembered someone mentioning to look at the previous UD when this happens. I went to look at the day before and I had about 180 grams of carbs which is quite high for me and it was stuff that I normally didn't eat. I haven't done it again and I haven't suffered like that either!

I found that this was the key for me. What I eat on my up day definitely affects how my down day goes. I need to be sure I eat up to my calories allowed AND I noticed that the cleaner I eat on an up day, the better my down day goes. If I have an up day with lots of grain and sugars, I can feel it on the next DD. From my journal, I see that when I have an up day with protein and fats and lower carbs, the following DD is easier.

But I think we have all hit those DD's where we are just ravenous due to hormone fluctuations etc. On those days, maybe just plan to eat a bit more.

Becky 04-24-2012 07:20 AM

It will get easier, (except for those that fall on the hormonal PMSing days) I'm into my 4th week and DD are getting much easier. I did up my DDs to 600 (from 500).

jem51 04-24-2012 07:25 AM

I'm with Buttoni on this one.

Discovering gluc pudding was a life changing event.