Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 190.4/178.2/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/9/2014
Is it better to calculate my calories....

with the no exercise option even though I will be exercising 4 days per week? I posted on another thread that I plugged in my numbers based on my goal weight:

Height: 70” (5’10”)
Weight: 143
Little or no exercise (I’m going to start with this option and may slowly increase from there)
35% Weight Loss Mode
Results: 1691 UD/592 DD

For the first two weeks of induction, I’m not going to eat any more than 500 calories. Is it okay to take the overage from DD so it's 500 and add it to the UD? I'm looking to maintain for the most part, but wouldn't mind dropping a few more pounds either.

However, when I change the stats above to 1-3 days per week of light exercise - I get 1937 UD/678 DD.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
Most calculate with no exercise for fear of eating above our calorie intake since the science behind what we burn calorie wise is not exact.

I would play with your numbers. Start with the light exercise and if you're not losing... Drop the calorie numbers. Good luck.
Mariacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Is it okay to take the overage from DD so it's 500 and add it to the UD? I'm looking to maintain for the most part, but wouldn't mind dropping a few more pounds either.
I look forward to getting to know you better. I'm just one month into this fabulous way of life, and I'm certainly no expert so take what I say with that in mind.

I wouldn't start changing anything before I started. I'm big on customizing many things and I'm all for it if it's needed, but only after I can honestly say I've given the thing a good, fair, honest shot at it - as written - and it just isn't working. You won't really know if JUDDD is as magical as it is for so many of us (who follow the instructions to the letter for at least the first two weeks) if you start out fiddling with it right from the git go. KWIM?

Two weeks really isn't very long at all. If it were me in your shoes, I would stick to the numbers the calculator gave me and give that a shot for a solid two weeks and then I'd review my progress and then tweak it if needed. JUDDD is very flexible , but why not start off on the right foot and give it a shot as it was designed?
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yes, most use no exercise, because even if you do exercise, you've worked so hard to burn them off, why eat them back?

But you can just pick the numbers you think might work and that will keep you on the plan, and see how it goes. Tweak if results aren't happening like you want them too. You might lose slower with the higher numbers, but you might be plenty happy to eat that way and be ok with the slower loss. Or you might simply maintain, and then you'd know you need to reduce them.

But you are pretty much at goal, so are going to have more flexibility than someone who is wanting to lose a lot. And JUDDD is oh so flexible and wonderful for maintenance! I prefer a little more cals on my DD since I have trouble getting in 1600 cals on an UD as is. Some like to have more UD cals and keep DD's lower.

It really is up to you! And you just have to jump in to see what works best. A couple weeks will tell a lot.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
I'd definitely get a calorie reading without. Until you start, you don't really know how DDs are going to affect your energy. Assume it'll take some adjustment for you to be able to exercise consistently.

When you get to a point where your body has adjusted to fasting and you can exercise properly, recalculate then.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
You have done wonderful losing, so this JUDDD is going to be a snap!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote