Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
DD... and I'm full!

Yikes... had a small portion of ground beef mixed into a heap of cabbage with a some watered-out tomato paste and Italian seasonings - I am so stuffed! And it appears to be only around a 200 calorie meal!

I'm guessing it's the cabbage that's filling me up so much. Are there other foods that really give you that full feeling?
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Cucumber slices with tuna on top really fill me up, and keep me full for hours.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Your cabbage dish is a regular for me, either with ground beef or some leftover pork sliced up into it. VERY filling, isn't it. But the feeling never lasts long for me.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
That sounds so yummy!

I pile up a big bunch of lettuce and cabbage and chop in some green peppers, celery, a bit of onion and some canned mushrooms. Then I put a few TBLSP of apple cider vinegar over it and a few teaspoons of EVOO. Then I chop up one hard boiled egg and some cold, leftover tilapia. Yum!

Or, I make a 2 egg omelet and put some ground turkey and chopped green pepper in. Add whatever spices sound good and that keeps me full a long time.

Love anything with shredded cabbage. I make a killer cabbage/veggie soup, home made. And I've also made the cabbage and chicken dishes with a small amount of cheese.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Oooh... an omelet sounds good! Except I love cheese in omelets, and that bumps calories up fast... I wonder if I could do egg white omelets with a little cheese like I did a long time ago on WW. I could save the yolks for UDs so they don't go to waste!

I might have to try a little pork soon too... it's been ages since I had any. It's been completely off my radar!

Thanks for some new ideas!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Thanks to Dottie I picked up the Fat Free Kraft American Singles and ate my first one in a 4 egg white omelet with Mushrooms and peppers! Delish!
And now I can have cheese in my omelettes, I think some also use LC cheese. I can't do an omelet without cheese either!!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
Thanks to Dottie I picked up the Fat Free Kraft American Singles and ate my first one in a 4 egg white omelet with Mushrooms and peppers! Delish!
And now I can have cheese in my omelettes, I think some also use LC cheese. I can't do an omelet without cheese either!!
You understand me!

It's starting to come back to me... it's been over ten years since I tried WW, but I remember using those lower calorie cheeses and using veggies with that cheese in my omelets. I think I had a lot of broccoli cheese omelets... maybe spinach and cheese too. Yes, veggies can add some bulk! I might mix a bit... I like those 35-cal cheese wedges in omelets. I did that with my meaty low carb ones, but I'm sure I'd like them in my lower calorie ones too.

Doh... if only my store had all those Kraft cheeses for half price like they were last week! Argh!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Cucumber slices with tuna on top really fill me up, and keep me full for hours.
Dawn - thanks for the suggestion! I'm having tuna tomorrow and got a cuke too! do you add anything else? dressing. etc?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Dawn - thanks for the suggestion! I'm having tuna tomorrow and got a cuke too! do you add anything else? dressing. etc?
Sometimes I mix the tuna with 1 T light Miracle Whip, sometimes plain. Sometimes I cut the cucumber up into chunks, add a chopped roma tomato, put the tuna (salmon, imitation crab, etc) on top, then drizzle ACV. You can use it however you'd use lettuce for a "salad" option with more weight to it.

Most often, I just peel the cucumber, slice it, and put the tuna straight onto the slices, then eat them like hors d'oeuvres. It lasts longer that way.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IThinkICan View Post
Oooh... an omelet sounds good! Except I love cheese in omelets, and that bumps calories up fast... I wonder if I could do egg white omelets with a little cheese like I did a long time ago on WW. I could save the yolks for UDs so they don't go to waste!

I might have to try a little pork soon too... it's been ages since I had any. It's been completely off my radar!

Thanks for some new ideas!
I'm thinking the Laughing Cow Light Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil would taste good in an omelet. 35 calories + the egg/s (~77 each).
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I'm thinking the Laughing Cow Light Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil would taste good in an omelet. 35 calories + the egg/s (~77 each).
I haven't tried that one yet... but I'm pretty fond of the French Onion. Yum! (I better be... stocked up on them during a huge sale, stacking store and manufacturers coupons to get each wheel of wedges for 75 cents each! We've got at least a dozen... if not more!)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IThinkICan View Post
I haven't tried that one yet... but I'm pretty fond of the French Onion. Yum! (I better be... stocked up on them during a huge sale, stacking store and manufacturers coupons to get each wheel of wedges for 75 cents each! We've got at least a dozen... if not more!)
You shop like I do. French Onion is second after Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil for me.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #13

I like the chipotle fresco first, then creamy swiss, then french onion. I do not like the tomato & basil.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I just tried 2 egg whites scrambled up with spinach, a french onion cheese wedge, and 1 strip of bacon crumbled. 123 calories total and delish!