Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Musings on Victoria Beckham

What a thread title...

I've had some extra time to kill this weekend with DH gone. So to alleviate my boredom I went to People magazine's website and started reading there. And read this story about Victoria Beckham (remember her, "Posh Spice" from the Spice girls back in the day? She's married to David Beckham, the soccer star). She is well known for being very very thin. Some have speculated eating disorder, she's so thin.

Anyway, the story goes, she had a birthday recently. She tweeted a picture of her birthday celebration fruit plate. It had "Happy Birthday Victoria" written on the edges of the plate in what looked like chocolate, which I'm imagining she didn't touch.

But a fruit plate? For your birthday??? And who here hasn't done that? I know I have. Always on a diet. I think the world wants to say to Victoria Beckham, "look, you have this beautiful, thin, maybe too thin, body. Relax and have a piece of cake on your birthday." But she won't, probably because she's afraid that one piece of cake will make her gain weight. Or that one piece of cake will turn into a three-week binge. Or whatever.

My point is not to bash on Victoria Beckham, I think we've all been to that place mentally, if not physically.

But that is the gift of JUDDD. It lets us relax and have a piece of cake, and not just on our birthday. What a gift we have been given, to have learned about this WOE and to be able to take the tools and apply them and enjoy our lives while regaining health and trimmer figures.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
WONDERFUL post! Yes - love, love, love JUDDD (says the girl who just polished off a container of tiramisu 2 days ago - good, but still not the best. Still looking...)
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Sidebar...

I don't talk about my weight loss with anyone, but I know that at the very least, my family has noticed. What they SEE is me eating anything and everything. They must wonder what's going on as I don't eat like a "dieter!"

Or since I'm not stick thin, do people think the opposite? "oh, she shouldn't be eating like that! No wonder she's fat!!"

It's funny how we all have these perceptions of people, and oftentimes we don't see what's really going on!

Good post, op!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
This is really only a problem for her if she misses the cake or needs the cake. Maybe she's at a point where she appreciates whole foods and it doesn't require effort. I know she works out a ton, maybe in the past she's felt sick when she's put less optimal food in her body... I don't know, me personally I do still love junk, I'd love to be at a spot though where I don't crave processed stuff because I do believe my body would run better without it.
Hazelsmrf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #5

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Jupiter, and Hazel, these are good points.

I just love how relaxed about food this WOE is making me. Celebrations can be relaxed and simple, no special orders of diet foods, yep, I'll have a piece of cake! Going out to eat, yep, I'll have something good and satisfying and not just nibble on a lettuce leaf.

I never meant to say or imply that Victoria Beckham is making bad choices--fruit is a wonderful and healthy thing to eat, I eat a lot of it myself.

But I know with JUDDD I'm not limited to fruit any longer for big celebration days like birthdays or weddings. With JUDDD we can say, why yes! I'd love a piece of cake.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Jupiter, and Hazel, these are good points.

I just love how relaxed about food this WOE is making me. Celebrations can be relaxed and simple, no special orders of diet foods, yep, I'll have a piece of cake! Going out to eat, yep, I'll have something good and satisfying and not just nibble on a lettuce leaf.

I never meant to say or imply that Victoria Beckham is making bad choices--fruit is a wonderful and healthy thing to eat, I eat a lot of it myself.

But I know with JUDDD I'm not limited to fruit any longer for big celebration days like birthdays or weddings. With JUDDD we can say, why yes! I'd love a piece of cake.
I hear ya'! I myself can never envision being happy with a celebratory fruit plate! And now I don't have to pretend to be happy with it, either!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
My husband made me a beautiful double chocolate cake with fudge frosting for my birthday. I didn't eat any of it, just shared it with all of my friends and family. He understood and knows why. The reason being I just can't have that one piece of cake and I think perhaps there are others out there that are the same way. Not bashing your post, really, just saying I can totally understand NOT having the cake and eating fruit instead. Healthy is more important to me than cake and easter candy or any other goodies that I can be tempted to eat. I don,t know if she has health issues or just really watches what she eats. It,s all good, as you said.
Tami
Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I'm in total agreement with you on this, Luna!!!....Oh...Yeah.....Oh...Yeah......some caaake.....some caaake.....or whatever ellllllse...I waaaant.....Oh...Yeah.....Oh...Yeah!!! There is a tune in MY head!!
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/134/135, 52 yo
WOE: LCHF Primal
Start Date: 12/02
She's gluten intolerant. So she can't eat cake.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
Start Date: Jan 2012
I think I'm going to go make and eat some chocolate chip cookies in honor of Victoria Beckham's birthday!! And then I might eat some healthy fruit since I have almost 500 calories left The best thing is that however you choose to eat, nothing is off limits.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
She's gluten intolerant. So she can't eat cake.
My girlfriend has to eat gluten free and she had the most delicious gluten free wedding cake. It was really delicious. It is kind of nice now that bakeries are doing this. I liked it better than "real cake"!!

Quote:
I think I'm going to go make and eat some chocolate chip cookies in honor of Victoria Beckham's birthday!! And then I might eat some healthy fruit since I have almost 500 calories left The best thing is that however you choose to eat, nothing is off limits.
Too funny!!!! Yes, I agree that for me, the best thing about JUDDD is I can choose to eat cake and feel no guilt!

Last edited by sungoddess; 04-22-2012 at 06:00 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
She can't be too afraid of gaining weight, she recently had her forth child.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
I'd love a fruit plate on my birthday...

For breakfast! And then cake for elevenses. Hehe
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Oh and as others day gluten allergy sufferers can still eat cake - my favourite cake in the world is actually a vegan gluten free fruit cake that my mum makes! Gluten free baked goods tend to come out a bit denser than usual, but in my book, that is a gooood thing...
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:16 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
I actually admire VB and her ability to control her weight. She shows the kind of single-minded determination I wish I had. I wouldn't want to be as slim as she is, but in fairness to her, it's an integral part of her career.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 175.8/162.4/140...47 years old
WOE: JUDDD/low carb
Start Date: Start date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
I hear ya'! I myself can never envision being happy with a celebratory fruit plate! And now I don't have to pretend to be happy with it, either!
I wouldn't scoff at a big plateful of strawberries for my upcoming Birthday......smothered in Chocolate!!! (of course).
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
I guess I am in the minority, but I would adore a beautiful fruit plate (bananas, kiwi, pineapple, strawberries) along with some raw no sugar dipping chocolate...yummy!
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
I guess I am in the minority, but I would adore a beautiful fruit plate (bananas, kiwi, pineapple, strawberries) along with some raw no sugar dipping chocolate...yummy!
Me too

I honestly think VB is one of those women who are just naturally thin, too. Like Calista Flockhart (sp?). She got a lot of crap when she was on tv about being "too thin", but it's her natural size. :shrug:
I don't have that "problem" lol.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Fruit for a birthday treat is acceptable...... but only when it's embedded in a delicious pie with whipped cream on top! LOL

As for VB, she was not nearly that thin when she was in the Spice Girls. I think she really works hard at staying teeny-tiny.
Kiley2801 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: free2b
Stats: 248/225/180
Start Date: March 2012
I agree Luna. It is a wonderful gift and one I appreciate every single day!
free2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #22
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I would be happier eating some fruit than a piece of cake.

Give me a lovely bouquet of Edible Arrangements for my birthday instead of a cake and I would be thrilled!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
Or since I'm not stick thin, do people think the opposite? "oh, she shouldn't be eating like that! No wonder she's fat!!"
Since I try to stay mainly low carb, that is what I imagine people are thinking when I'm asking for more sour cream, butter, cheese, etc.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote