Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   GOAL!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/768700-goal.html)

mainemom 04-22-2012 10:15 AM

GOAL!!!

Well, I'm finally willing to claim my goal. I've been bouncing around it for a few weeks. But I'm claiming it after a solid week of not going up, so hopefully it will stick! The last 5 pounds were really slow, but I had kind of put myself in more of a maintenance than losing mode, though I was still losing sloooooowly - which is just fine with me. My hope is to continue to drop a bit more to have a bit of cushion (I think Sophiethecat said she continued to drop a bit after she reached goal). I haven't felt this good in YEARS. First losing w/low carb, which forced me to learn a lot about how my body metabolizes different foods, then JUDDD which allows me to incorporate back favorite foods, but in a THOUGHTFUL way. No more mindless eating for me, ever again! I know too much now to plead ignorance.

I am so grateful for LCF, the LC main forum and espec. JUDDD. I'm not a big internet forum joiner, so this was a big deal for me to become so invested in this group of wonderful JUDDD buddds. I'm still sticking around here - having/giving support is just as important during maintenance.

sterlinggirl 04-22-2012 10:17 AM

:congrats: :jumpjoy::kicking: soo happy for you..we love having you hear!:heart:

Yam-Yam 04-22-2012 10:17 AM

Woooooo-----Hooooooooo!!!!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Great post and congratulations on reaching goal!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Sheridan 04-22-2012 10:19 AM

http://i.imgur.com/snw3u.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/snw3u.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/snw3u.gif

Thrilled for you! :jumpjoy: You did it!! :sing: :jumpjoy: :clap: :up: :high5:

Luna Loca 04-22-2012 10:20 AM

Congratulations, Mainemom!! Wow, you're really tiny! That's no small accomplishment. Pat yourself on the back and be proud! I'm proud of you!!!

Mad4Chillas 04-22-2012 10:49 AM

Congratulations!! :clap::clap::clap:

krow134 04-22-2012 11:15 AM

Aweeeeee WTG!!!! Its such a wonderful feeling to achieve something you have wanted isnt it!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

ellgee 04-22-2012 11:16 AM

Wow! Way to go!! What an accomplishment!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

mainemom 04-22-2012 11:39 AM

Thanks, everyone! It's nice to announce this news to people who really "get it."

P.S. Tanya: "Hey if Katniss can survive the Hunger Games.........I can survive a few DD's!!!" LOVE THIS!!! Oh, and if you liked The Hunger Games, check out The Maze Runner trilogy. I'm really enjoying it! PM me if you want more info!

krow134 04-22-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainemom (Post 15601076)
P.S. Tanya: "Hey if Katniss can survive the Hunger Games.........I can survive a few DD's!!!" LOVE THIS!!! Oh, and if you liked The Hunger Games, check out The Maze Runner trilogy. I'm really enjoying it! PM me if you want more info!

Gonna read that as soon as daughter finds the books. Right now I am reading Matched. Its kinda like that too! My daughter is the one who is into all these kind of book series, and when she finishes them I read them. I like them, it keeps my interest. But I prefer Nicholas Sparks.......I love books that make me cry!!!

Tamilda 04-22-2012 12:12 PM

Congrats and great job sticking with it and proving it can be done!
Tami

theredhead 04-22-2012 12:45 PM

Congratulations! I could've written your post. My experience was really similar in that I lost those last few pounds slowly, but enjoyably. I DID continue to lose below my goal, slowly too, so I think you'll get that little bonus, as well. :cool:

mainemom 04-22-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredhead (Post 15601204)
Congratulations! I could've written your post. My experience was really similar in that I lost those last few pounds slowly, but enjoyably. I DID continue to lose below my goal, slowly too, so I think you'll get that little bonus, as well. :cool:

Thanks, Laurie. And I see you're an "older" (seasoned?) woman like me (I'm 51), so we're showing that it can be done, even with those darn hormones against us!

mainemom 04-22-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiebubb (Post 15601118)
Gonna read that as soon as daughter finds the books. Right now I am reading Matched. Its kinda like that too! My daughter is the one who is into all these kind of book series, and when she finishes them I read them. I like them, it keeps my interest. But I prefer Nicholas Sparks.......I love books that make me cry!!!

I read (rather, listened), to the first 2 of the "Matched" series, too. I rent the audio books for free thru the library and transfer to my MP3 player to listen on my my work commute. I'm enjoying the Maze runner even more.

Curvesgal 04-22-2012 12:53 PM

Great job goes to show that women can lose weight at age!

PixieKGirl 04-22-2012 12:55 PM

Congratulations!! :jumpjoy: :sing:

I can't wait to make the "big" announcement!!

Kissa 04-22-2012 12:57 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

You did it, well done and welcome to the wonders of JUDDD Maintenance.

I love it when you say "I'm still sticking around here - having/giving support is just as important during maintenance."

That is what makes JUDDD special.

I am another one who has continued to lose after making goal.

I have been below my goal weigh for months now.

leonak 04-22-2012 12:58 PM

WTG!!

I hope to join you before summer starts here in Wisconsin!

vilanteira 04-22-2012 02:20 PM

Congratulations!!! It seems like you've been preparing for maintenance, so I'm sure you'll do well maintaining and dropping below too!

:jumpjoy::clap::up:

Jbinme 04-22-2012 02:32 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: great job!

sophiethecat 04-22-2012 02:45 PM

:jumpjoy: Whooo hooo, WTG, MM! :jumpjoy: And so great to hear that you feel good, eating your favorite foods, and enjoying it mindfully. :high5: And it's very likely you will continue to drop over time - a number of us have done this, including Beeb, Tina, Laurie, and Kissa, and probably more I'm not thinking of at the moment. Anyway, enjoy your maintenance! :jumpjoy: We're also very glad you're here and will continue to hang with us! :hugs:

shellifer 04-22-2012 02:56 PM

Congratulations MM! I'm just getting started so stories like yours are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Shelly

216.8/199.4/145

No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Unknown

gotitnow 04-22-2012 03:18 PM

Tracey!!!:hiya: Welcome to the maintenance lane...and guess what? I started my "maintenance journey" April 6, and after adding about 200 calories to my DD and about 300 to my UD, I have lost another 1/2lb.!!! I'm thrilled because I started (by choice) at the high end of my maintenance range! I sure don't mind losing a bit more now, even at a 100yr.old snail's pace!!! I am very happy and I am POSITIVE you will be too. This is the happiest I've been in years!! As has been said before, we maintainers need to stick together and be encouraged and also encourage others!!! What a pleasure! :high5::clap::hugs::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Oh, and I am 59!:p:D

Phyl:heart:

NoWeigh 04-22-2012 03:22 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! THAT is Wonderful!!!
:jumpjoy::clap::clap:

KeirasMom 04-22-2012 03:59 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
Awesome! Congratulations!

MintQ8 04-22-2012 04:06 PM

congratulations!!

mykidsteacher 04-22-2012 04:45 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
Congratulations on making goal! You must look fabulous! So glad you'll be sticking around. We have a maintenance lane thread on here somewhere, so join us there. It is so great to have a plan that just effortlessly slides you into maintenance without a lot of adjusting. And provides for immediate correction if you have a vacation or time away from plan.

Great job!:high5:

sophiethecat 04-22-2012 04:49 PM

Oh, and I wanted to add that I think you should put this over on the ML too, if you want, MM! :high5: :jumpjoy: :hugs:

arkie1 04-22-2012 04:49 PM

Congratulations Mainemom! Such great news to hear...I'm sure you will :sing:
maintenance!

Carole

mattsmama 04-22-2012 04:54 PM

Congratulations on such a great achievement!! I am sure that you will find the added "bonus" of a few extra pounds gone, as I and many others have.

Way to go to get to GOAL!!