Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
google konjac foods the first link is where I get mine.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Hijack 2 Who Knew?

The Laughing Cow is red and jovial, and is almost always depicted wearing earrings that look like the round boxes the cheese comes in. On April 16, 1921, Leon Bel[1] trademarked his brand, called "La Vache qui rit," in France. In the trademark, the cow is said to have a hilarious expression. Bel had made the original drawing himself, after seeing a travelling meat wagon during World War I called "La Wachkyrie," a play on the word for Valkyrie. In the beginning she wasn't laughing, she wasn't red and she didn't wear earrings. This patent was the very first branded cheese product registered in France. In 1924, Benjamin Rabier, a famous illustrator, edited the drawing into something more like the image that prevails today. The blue and white stripes around the box date from 1955. Since 1976 both earring-boxes have been shown with the top-side visible. Before that year consumers were shown a top and bottom side. The current logo uses a Droste effect.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Sorry to threadjack, but the only shirataki -miracle-noodles I've seen-at Whole Foods-are made with tofu.
Can anyone direct me to where I might find the 0 calorie ones? I'd like to try them just for fun...
netrition has them, amazon has them with autoship, sometimes you can google miracle noodles and your city and find a local supplier.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Sorry to threadjack, but the only shirataki -miracle-noodles I've seen-at Whole Foods-are made with tofu.
Can anyone direct me to where I might find the 0 calorie ones? I'd like to try them just for fun...
Yes Netrition does have them and I believe that is a deal...

This is the same that I use and have had great DD with around 300 cals for total.

Miracle Noodle Shirataki Pasta

It is made from Konjac Root.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
My Whole Foods has the ones without tofu, but they aren't in the refrigerated section where the tofu noodles are. I found them in the Asian aisle, where the nori, soy sauce and dried noodles are. Konjac noodles do not have to be refrigerated.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
FWIW, the 20 calories and 1 carb you get from the tofu shiritaki makes a HUGE difference in texture and flavor - it's closer to wheat noodles. I can't stand regular shiritake noodles. You can also buy the angel-hair or spaghetti-style noodles and put it through a blender to get "rice", rather than paying extra for the Miracle Noodles. The best outcome for these products comes from creating your dish a day ahead and allowing the noodles to soak in whatever sauce you're using. They'll take on the flavor of the sauce and break down a bit softer.

I have a great thai green curry soup I make with tofu shiritake, and after they've marinated overnight you'd never know it was shiritake. I served it to my japanese brother-in-law, who loved it until I told him the noodles are konnyaku (the japanese word for the main ingredient). He kept looking at me disbelievingly as he ate it. He grew up eating sukiyaki and really disliked the stuff.
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #37

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I actually prefer the texture of the non-tofu shirataki noodles, but I'm admittedly not "normal."

I was influenced to rush out and pick up some Sun Warrior protein powder. I tried it for lunch and it was pretty good.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I bought the gluc powder to try DD puddings but haven't been able to try them yet. Maybe tomorrow!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Where do u get the gluc powder? What do you all use it for? And what are these DD puddings?

Also, can shirataki rice be somehow used to make a rice pudding-like dish? Thought on how to do that? That's one dish I have yet to make diet-appropriate (low-carb/low-calorie).
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

netrition carries glucomannan powder and so does konjacfoods

It's a thickener. I use it for gravy or to make SF, calorie free jello.

3/4 C water
1/4 C any flavor DaVinci or Torani SF srup
1 tsp gluc powder
I mix mine in the Magic Bullet for 30-45 seconds
Old 05-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
My new foods are shirataki noodles and rice. I bought my first ones from netrition but got a case for a good price elsewhere. Miracle noodle.
Tried stevia again and what is on the market now is so much better than what I tried and hated years ago. Deleted Splenda from my diet for the most part. Stevia is now my replacement.

Last edited by adillenal; 05-06-2012 at 12:04 PM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cienna
Stats: 163/155/145 5'8
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/05 (Low Carb) 3/12/12 (JUDDD)
So many!! I did low carb for ages and there always seemed to be a new food that everyone was talking about. Probably Greek yogurt/yocheese was my favorite out of these. I still like it, but it's not quite the staple of my diet that it once was.

On Low carb

Shirataki noodles
cabbage
xanthum gum
Greek yogurt/yocheese
apple cider vinegar
coconut oil
steel cut oats
flax seed/one minute muffins
Davinci syrups
cream cheese muffins
flat out bread
splenda

On JUDDD

chia seeds (these seem to be the new rage)
pb2
almond milk
Laughing Cow cheese
whey protein powder
Cienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Tried stevia again and what is on the market now is so much better than what I tried and hated years ago. Deleted Splenda from my diet for the most part. Stevia is now my replacement.
Same here - I tried stevia years ago and hated it. More recently picked up a box of Truvia and a box of Stevia in the Raw, and liked them both. Tastes great to me and I feel better about using it than I do things like aspartame. I will use a little Splenda if I'm out at a restaurant or somewhere and forgot to bring stevia packets, but otherwise just stevia.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
netrition carries glucomannan powder and so does konjacfoods

It's a thickener. I use it for gravy or to make SF, calorie free jello.

3/4 C water
1/4 C any flavor DaVinci or Torani SF srup
1 tsp gluc powder
I mix mine in the Magic Bullet for 30-45 seconds
This is interesting... Thanks.

So, in the next week or so, that means I've been influenced to try glucomannan powder... and retry miracle noodles.

I've also recently tried coconut flour - awesome for some muffin and pancake recipes, especially when you limit whole eggs and use mostly egg whites.

I also find myself drawn to zucchini and cabbage a lot more - I've liked them before, but I'm gaining new appreciation for them.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Same here - I tried stevia years ago and hated it. More recently picked up a box of Truvia and a box of Stevia in the Raw, and liked them both. Tastes great to me and I feel better about using it than I do things like aspartame. I will use a little Splenda if I'm out at a restaurant or somewhere and forgot to bring stevia packets, but otherwise just stevia.
Just out of curiousity, wonder what changed about stevia??? Is it just us? It used to have a bitter aftertast... I love it now too!

I use truvia or NuNaturals liquid stevia and can't live without my bottle. I even keep a bottle in my purse.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am going to attempt to make cocoa gluc pudding tonight! Can't wait!!! I am missing chocolate!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #47

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
When I first started JUDDD, I tried quite a few lower fat or fat free products, planning to rely on these aids for my DDs, just as I had relied on sugar free products during my low carb period. But I think most sugar-free substitutes and franken-products are disgusting, and many of the low fat substitutes ended up being disappointing too.

These days, I eat mostly *real* foods... anything and everything on my Up Days! And on my Down Days, I eat mostly real whole foods too, choices that are naturally low calorie just naturally.

I do use glucomannan powder to thicken sauces to use on DDs, and I use the shirataki noodles on DDs sometimes as well. There are a very few lower fat or fat free versions of standard foods that I prefer over the full fat versions, so I choose those products for my kitchen all the time, just because I prefer the taste of the lower fat version of that food. And I do use Splenda syrups of some kind for sweetening on my DDs only. Real sugar for sweetener on my Up Days. Works for me.